Abide Environmental Services

Founded 1991 • With Angi since June 2011

Incorporated in 1991, Abide is proud to have over twenty-five years of experience in the environmental contracting and restoration industry. We service most of Massachusetts and Connecticut with offices in East Longmeadow, MA and Windsor, CT. We have built an excellent reputation serving both public and private clients. Our growth and success can be attributed to the quality of our service and the satisfaction of our clients. Please call today for a free estimate....

A Service Provider's profile image

+4 more images

asbestos removal (37)mold removal (5)insulation (5)

08/04/2022

Alenna S.

It went wonderfully. There was unexpected work once some pipe chasers were removed, and Abide charged fair prices for the additional work and still completed the project within the scheduled time.

Description of Work
Asbestos removal

Work Completed On 08/02/2022

03/30/2022

David B.

A big thumbs up to the entire Abide crew! Was quick and easy to schedule the quote. Jerry came out, right on time, and quickly assessed the situation. Quote received a few days later and was able to book immediately after signing the agreement. Another customer cancelled so they called me to offer the spot (the very next day), which I accepted. Glen and his crew were courteous and efficient. They covered the floors carefully to prevent any damage and completed the job, beyond my expectations, within the day. I'd definitely recommend and hire them again!

Description of Work
Mold remediation in attic and basement

Category mold removal

Work Completed On 03/29/2022

03/11/2021

Philip S.

The job went very well and smoothly from the beginning to the end. They also went the extra mile to help assist me in reviewing my inspection report to ensure I did not miss anything and sure enough I did. I would use their services again in the future if I was ever in need.

Description of Work
Snowman boiler removal, Encapsulation of pipes and Snowman boiler in basement.

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/09/2021

Alexandra R.

Abide was fantastic to work with start to finish. Everyone I spoke with was friendly and helpful, they were very responsive, and they did a great job with the work. We did the remediation right before a renovation (hence the need to remediate) so I did try to have my builder coordinate with them a bit, and it seemed that there may have been some confused communication between them. But in the end he said that their crew was great to work with and he was impressed with their thoroughness and carefulness.

Description of Work
Vermiculite removal from old farmhouse

Work Completed On 01/18/2021

01/30/2020

Dixie P.

The representative for Abide was punctual, professional, explained what was required and what he was doing, answered my questions, and was a pleasure to work with. I’ve already given his business card to my contractor so he could refer his clients if the occasion arises. I’ve also told a couple of friends who live in older houses and who may sometime need his services in the future.

Description of Work
Testing for asbestos

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

01/29/2020

Maureen L.

Very professional, perfect inspection, cleaned everything, and I want to recommend this company.

Description of Work
Furnace removed and Asbestos removed

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

01/19/2020

doris B.

We were very pleased with the whole experience - from Nck's first visit to receiving the air quality report. The crew were professional, courteous, and did an excellent job cleaning up after themselves. We would absolutely use them again if we ever have a need their work.

Description of Work
basement floor asbestos

Work Completed On 01/13/2020

03/08/2019

Sallie G.

Everyone I dealt with at the company was a pleasure - professional, courteous and timely. Work was performed as promised, when promised. The work area and the premises were completely cleaned of any debris. They provided before and after pictures of the remediation site and provided all documention necessary for submission to the ZAI Trust for reimbursement. I could not be happier with their services.

Description of Work
Vermiculite Remediation Removal of vermiculite from attic crawl space and re-insulation of removal site. Floor boards needed to be removed to access the vermiculite.

Work Completed On 03/08/2019

Review for Abide Environmental Services - 483 Shaker Rd, East Longmeadow, MA - 37751986

01/29/2019

Joe M.

Owner was very responsive and punctual quoting the job and getting an emergency permit to remediate the entire basement not just the area where the steam pipe burst. Contracting was prompt and easy. Workers arrived on time, were respectful and clean and finished early. Pipes are all clean now. Price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Emergency asbestos abatement needed before steam pipe repair could be undertaken

Work Completed On 01/28/2019

01/12/2019

Amy V.

Frank showed up within 20 minutes to provide a quote on New Year's Eve. I had had a boiler install scheduled for that day, but they wouldn't do it because of the asbestos on the pipes. We were booked with Abide within a few days of receiving the quote, and they were flexible in terms of the adding to the scope of work (initially just one room was planned, but I then decided to have the whole basement done). The work crew showed up about 10 minutes early and left everything in great shape. The total cost for about 115 linear feet of asbestos pipe insulation removal was about $2200.

Description of Work
Asbestos Removal

Work Completed On 01/05/2019

06/11/2018

Nathan H.

Everything went well. Overall we were quite satisfied. Workers were timely, professional and clean.

Description of Work
Removal of asbestos from heating pipes in basement.

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

04/26/2018

Amie C.

This is a difficult job to do. I appreciated the professionalism and punctuality of the workers. For something that is so intrusive to do, they really did their best to not interfere with our life and left the area clean and without any evidence that they were even here.

Description of Work
Vermiculite removal

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

Review for Abide Environmental Services - 483 Shaker Rd, East Longmeadow, MA - 37012930

11/01/2017

Marissa R.

The Abide crew was professional and efficient. Communication about the project was clear, and the project took place on schedule. The equipment removal was comprehensive. I am very happy with the quality of Abide's work and the outcome of the project. I will reach out to Abide again in the future if I require services they provide for any future projects.

Description of Work
Abide abated asbestos in my basement heating system, and removed old heating equipment and ducts.

09/20/2017

Robert K.

according to plan and scope or work. went well

Description of Work
Mold remediation in the attic

Category asbestos removal, mold removal

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

07/06/2017

Andrew S.

Quoted price was twice that of a competitor (a competitor who I had used before and who did excellent work).

Description of Work
Basement asbestos abatement.

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

Thank you for considering Abide. We are sorry that we were not in line with your expectations. Abide has been in business for over 25 years completing thousands of small scale jobs such as yours. We are more than willing to follow up with you to see where we went wrong. Many times, it is just a matter of different companies not quoting the same scope of work. We are glad that you were able to get the work completed. Please consider us again in the future.

01/03/2017

Natalie D.

The job went well....it looks very professional and solid. We feel more comfortable in our basement now. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures before the project was completed. However, it is 300% better than what it was and the basement smells refreshing.

Description of Work
Asbestos removed off heating pipes and reinsulated.

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

Review for Abide Environmental Services - 483 Shaker Rd, East Longmeadow, MA - 34217568

10/17/2016

Mark P.

Excellent. Great work, professional, in and out in a day.

Description of Work
Asbestos abatement in basement and furnace removal.

Work Completed On 07/18/2016

09/19/2016

Laurie R.

I highly recommend Abile. They did an excellent job for both processes. They sent me a detailed estimate and contacted me immediately after receiving my signed contract. They are very prompt, neat and clean and professional. Everyone with whom I interacted was professional and knowledgeable. I had heard such rave reviews from others who used Abide, I did not bother to get other estimates and so I don't know how their pricing compares.

Description of Work
Removal of asbestos from heat pipes; reinsulation of heat pipes

Work Completed On 07/25/2016

08/13/2016

mary P.

The job was done quickly and efficiently...however, the laborers did not inform me they had to turn off my furnace. When I returned home I found no heat. This minor incident cost me $100.00 for a technician to make a house call and tell me the switch on the furnace was never turn back on. I informed Abide of this incident and not once did they extend a courtesy to reimburse me or contribute to this unnecessary expenditure. I would have been please with just the offer.

Description of Work
Abide removed asbestos from my pipes in the cellar.

Work Completed On 03/13/2016

03/03/2016

Chris C.

Abide was an excellent company to work with, we couldn't have been more pleased with their process and work. A survey and estimate was done within a few days of our initial call, by a very impressive account manager. Our plumbing contractor said he'd worked with Abide before, they were a good company and since the price seemed fair, we went ahead and contracted them. Abide coordinated the boiler removal and pipe stripping with our plumbing contractor, without our needing to be involved, which was also great. The Abide techs were terrific, very professional and well prepared; went right to work and had a really messy job done in a day. We also used Abide's 3rd party contractor to reinsulate the steam pipes. I'm sorry that I can't recall his company name but he was great to work with and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Removed an asbestos insulated boiler and asbestos pipe wrap from steam pipes.

Work Completed On 11/08/2015

02/11/2015

Bill C.

I had them remove asbestos siding on a three family house. When first contacted they promptly sent someone over to estimate the job. We accepted and they began work about 6 weeks later. Abide brought sufficient help and it appeared that they complied with all laws. The workers wore those disposable white suits, they covered windows, and taped off the area with yellow tape. It took them three days to complete the job. They completed according to contract and supplied us with all legal paperwork required. I gave them a B for quality because they brought a lift onto the site and did not mitigate by using boards under it. All in all a very good transaction.

Description of Work
Remove asbestos siding.

Work Completed On 09/10/2012

08/15/2014

Catherine B.

Frank Tilli and his team did a great job, and I especially appreciated the efforts of our project lead Dan. We had a short timetable because our (c) 1936 boiler was leaking and needed to be gotten rid of asap. The job was more extensive than it looked because there turned out to be a bunch of asbestos-covered piping that was obscured behind various partitions and walls in the basement. Removal of one wall turned up an electrical problem which also had to be dealt with. The professional crew made sure the job got done within one day and at cost despite the wrinkles. In doing his initial walk-through, Frank suggested the possibility that some asbestos from the leaky boiler might have contaminated the basement due to a whitish residue on the floor (fortunately the boiler asbestos appeared intact once it was disassembled). I'm not sure how likely the possibility of contamination was but if we weren't operating under an insurance claim I would want to know for sure whether we were dealing with friable vs intact asbestos in the basement. But either way I'm glad to have the remediation done--a project well worth the while. I would recommend Abide.

Description of Work
Asbestos remediation--removal of asbestos on steam boiler pipes and removal of asbestos-containing boiler itself.

Work Completed On 07/25/2014

07/26/2014

David W.

The estimator was very straightforward and professional and gave line item estimates for our options. The two techs they sent were a bit rough looking, but showed up on-time and knew their stuff. They sealed off the area and used "glove bags" to remove the insulation without releasing any into the environment. Even though we had neglected to check with the boiler installer as to how much insulation to remove, the techs figured it out; when the boiler was later installed there were no problems. The area was left neat and clean. If we have the remainder of the pipe insulation removed, we'll certainly use this provider.

Description of Work
Abide removed about 50 feet of asbestos steam pipe insulation so that we could have our 1960's era boiler replaced.