Bruno's Painting Co

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2009

44 Swallow Lane

Dunstable, MA 01827

We service all communities in and around Brookline, MA and Lowell, MA. Through our commitment to customer service and attention to detail we have quickly earned a reputation for exemplary painting services. We strive to provide our customers the highest level of craftsmanship and stress free

10/01/2018

Anita G.

Bruno and his crew, Ramises And Marcio were outstanding! Their work ethic was like nothing we have ever seen . They cleaned up every single day .. played with our dog😊..and always were respectful and available for any questions! We are so happy with the outcome . All of our neighbors love the color and have asked for Bruno’s contact information! Thank you Bruno and crew for an excellent job! Anita Goff , Andover Ma

Description of Work
Exterior house painting with carpentry work around all windows.

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters

09/04/2018

Gene S.

Bruno and his crew did an excellent job paining the exterior of our home in 2016 (previously reviewed) so we did not hesitate to hire him for our interior painting. We are very, very pleased with the results. As before, they did a very professional job and were at least as fussy as we are about getting great results. Bruno is also very pleasant to work with and not only listens to our suggestions but offers some of his own based on a lot of experience. He was always on the job doing much of the work himself. You cannot possibly go wrong in hiring him and his crew to do either interior or exterior painting. After so much work in our home we also consider him a friend, something that is rare when hiring a contractor!

Description of Work
Interior priming and painting two coats a two story foyer and adjacent downstairs and upstairs hallways; finishing of new stairs including applying three coats of polyurethane to steps and staining stairway and balcony railings a beautiful rosewood color with satin finish; staining two new patio doors in the family room walnut with a satin finish; applying amber shellac to new kitchen wainscoting to match the oak cabinets; painting large living room, dining room, kitchen, family room and master bedroom ceilings two coats.

Category interior painters

08/22/2018

Regina S.

Bruno was the only one who noticed all the repairs that my house needed and wrote a contract to reflect what I wanted and the work needed. His proposal was thorough and clear about what he would do. His crew always came early everyday, ready to work. They worked long, hard hours each day-- even the neighbors commented on how hard working and polite they were! The house looks great and I feel confident about what was done. I would definitely go with Bruno again.

Description of Work
Exterior home painting and repairs

02/11/2017

Ken W.

Wow, these guys did a great job preparing my Mahogany decks for refinishing. Of course they used chemical strippers and cleaners, but the reason I hired these guys is that Bruno said he would also carefully sand the deck before applying the finish, and I wanted that level of quality on this job. Yeah, that step was time consuming and added to the cost. Now, I was really impressed with the quality of their work, they carefully sanded the decks to the point they were practically brand new, and then applied the finish. This is the type of quality work and attention to detail that can be hard to find these days. My front deck looks brand new, I had them apply the product on that deck I had used before (Sikkens DEK) and it looks fantastic. On the rear deck, I went with their recommended stain, and we chose a light color, and I'm not as happy with that finish (faded quickly), so I would chose a different brand of finish or maybe just a darker color next time. All in all though, I would certainly call Bruno again.

Description of Work
Restore and refinish a Mahogany rear deck and front porch deck.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

07/29/2016

Gene S.

Excellent Job. Total satisfaction! Bruno and his team were very responsive, with a great job of preparation followed by expert painting. I would hire him again for either exterior or interior painting.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

07/25/2016

Gene S.

Bruno's team did a terrific job on our house, exceeding both our hopes and expectations. The price also was very fair given the level of work that needed to be done: (1) removing all paint by multiple levels of sanding about 75% of the house and meticulous scraping of the other 25%; (2) priming all surfaces that had paint removed; and (3) applying two coats of top-quality Sherwin-Williams Emerald paint to entire house. The old saying is that "You get what you pay for." but we all know that this really should be "If you don't pay for it, you don't get it." In this exterior painting project we really feel that we got everything we paid for and more! In addition, Bruno did some necessary repairs in excellent fashion and at a reasonable price. Bruno was honest about one area that needed a repair beyond what he felt he could do well and we got our general contractor to do that one. We really appreciated that Bruno was honest about his capabilities in this case and did not just proceed to do an inadequate repair. In summary, our 46 year old house looks like it was just built this year. Attached photos show the extent of the preparation as well as the finished house. Also -- and this is very important -- Bruno was on the job with his team every day and did much of the work himself. He is a very pleasant, agreeable and honest person and we recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Our house had significant paint damage from serious ice dams in the winter of 2015. In addition there appeared to be some paint failure from previous exterior painting jobs. We were interested in having all paint stripped from most of the house, mainly the clapboard and smooth-sanded shingled areas. The garage area is white painted brick and two wall areas are heavy shakes and those areas needed only significant scraping. We talked to several painters but decided to contract with Bruno's Painting Company since Bruno was willing to do the extensive preparation job that we needed, his reviews on Angie's List were terrific and his demeanor was very honest and sincere. We felt we could trust that he and his team would do a great job.

12/05/2015

Holly N.

We had an excellent experience. Bruno responded to emails in a timely manner and he was very courteous and professional throughout the job. Bruno did the carpentry, and his staff did the prep work and painting. Prepping was extremely thorough and the finished paint work and carpentry turned out beautifully. We're very pleased with the quality of work performed.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of entire house including siding, trim, and doors, carpentry to replace rotted molding and siding with vinyl, and carpentry to repair woodpecker damage.

Category contractors, siding, pressure washing, house painters

12/01/2015

Thelma K.

Description of Work
Bruno’s Painting provided exterior painting, trim painting, and deck repair and painting.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

07/22/2015

Joseph Y.

Very professional 4-member team. Easy to work with. Polite and friendly folks. Bruno provided nearly exact estimates and, overall, superbly managed this project within the budget, timeline and with resulting high quality. Would recommend to anyone in my home area and will consider for interior painting when the time comes.

Description of Work
Powerwashed and prepped the exterior for painting. Removed and replaced rotten boards and casing. Painted the house. Sanded and stained the deck.

Category contractors, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

07/13/2015

Robert P.

Bruno and his men worked steadily over an approximately four day period. The price was very reasonable, and we found Bruno to be an extremely honest businessman. They were well organized, methodical, hard working, professional, and very meticulous. They used top quality Benjamin Moore Aura paint for the siding and California paint for the trim (included in the price). They removed the light fixtures, downspouts, and door kick plates, and reinstalled everything upon completion of the job. No corners were cut (they actually did more than we expected). We encountered no issues or problems along the way.The finished product looks incredible (better than when our 10 year old house was brand new). Bruno and his men are true craftsmen. We could not be happier with the job and the entire experience.

Description of Work
Repaired rotted trim boards, power washed the house, prepped and primed all siding and trim boards, and applied two finish coats.

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

06/09/2015

Scott S.

Bruno responded the same day to my request for a quote and came the following day to go over the work. I essentially needed all the exterior trim and one side of my house painted. Being about a two day job, he was able to fit me into his schedule and his crew started the following week. The crew worked very diligently and cleaned up each day. The price was very fair and the job was well done. Would use Bruno again in the future and recommend.

Description of Work
Painted exterior trim and north side body of house

04/11/2015

Barbara W.

This is the 2nd job Bruno has done for us, having painted the exterior of our home last summer. This time the job was much simpler. Bruno came to give me an estimate, and after a few delays (on my end) due to the winter weather, came in March to complete the job. I was very pleased with the work. He's meticulous and very thorough. Showed up on time and completed the job in about 4 hours. He took such care to protect all surfaces from splatters, including light fixtures and counters. Cleaned up nicely afterwards and I didn't find a drop of paint anywhere it should be. I highly recommend him and plan to use him again on some interior work.

Description of Work
Painted kitchen ceiling and baseboards and one wall.

04/11/2015

Barbara W.

This was the first time using Bruno's Painting. ?After our initial meeting, I came away convinced that he'd do a good job. ?I thought the estimate was fair. ?There was a long lead time. ?We met in early May and thought the job would start in about six weeks, but didn't start until early August. ?I was a bit frustrated by our early communications, but can appreciate that he was busy during the summer. Once the job started, I was very impressed by Bruno and his crew. ?They were on time every day, very polite and professional. ?They did a great job cleaning up at the end of each day. ?The house looked great when they were done. ?The time he spent preparing the deck for water proofing was impressive. ?The crew spent quite some time sanding the entire surface to get off old stain, and when they finished it looked like new. ?I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. ?Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Power washed the house and deck, painted the exterior of the house, painted our shed.

03/13/2015

Ed S.

Bruno and his team did an amazing job. They were very professional and courteous. They showed up on time and the job was completed within a week as estimated. We have received many compliments thus far and would certainly use their services again!

Description of Work
Exterior scraping, priming, and painting of entire house, painted deck and bases of for lanterns.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

11/06/2014

Maureen M.

I had twice previously had this home stained, each time it was done with a semi-transparent stain that nevertheless obliterated the grain of the wood. Neither time was the wood sanded. My initial phone inquiry was answered within 24 hours and a face-to-face meeting and evaluation of the job was done within a week or so. A contract was send in about 10 days (mid-late June). Although at the time, the exact stain to be used on the house, pavillion and studio had not been decided, the deck was specified to be finished with penofin, which I knew was a high quality but labor intensive finishing material. The cost stated in the contract for the entire job was $8,900, fully $1,000 less than I had paid in the past. Bruno said he could schedule the job for late July or early August. His crew began work the end of the first week of August. I was informed of the timing a week ahead. The number of workers each day varied, usually 2 but sometimes 3. They were the most diligent, industrious workers I have ever seen. I was astounded at the care and precision they showed in doing the sanding. They were neat, friendly and cleaned up and stacked their equipment in the back of the yard at the end of each day. The vast majority of the labor involved in this job was the sanding, right down to the bare wood. When it came time to select the stain, Bruno purchased a selection of stains for me to compare and discuss with him and included ones I had thought might be good. He did test strips with the various stains large enough to truly evaluate and compare them and we ultimately decided on the penofin, a more expensive/labor intensive option. The wisdom of this choice became fully evident as the job progressed. My house was totally transfomed. The wood grain was visible and the natural color of the mahogany simply glowed. I was "over the top" pleased. At the end of the job I asked Bruno if he had underestimated the cost of the project, after having seen how extensive the sanding job had been, and appreciating the extra work involved with the penofin. I practically had to force Bruno to admit the penofin probably added a bit to the original estimate but he absolutely refused to revise the original cost in the contract. I made a personal adjustment (a "tip" if you will) that I thought reflected both the correct price and my enormous satisfaction with the work.

Description of Work
Job involved 3 structures, plus an attached, solid sided deck. They included a mahogany clad two story comtemporary house, a free standing 18"X18" cedar screened pavilion and a separate mahogany clad studio building with small porch. All surfaces were power washed, sanded to bare wood and stained with penofin. Deck was treated in same manner. All soffits and trim were prepped and painted.

10/13/2014

Chris S.

Great contractor experience! They came when they said they would. They did what they said they would. They communicated excellent on all issues. We even decided to change the shine on the paint, and they worked with us. There was some rotten wood that needed replacing and I wanted to replace it myself. Bruno and his team worked around me to allow me time to get the wood fixed. Great overall experience. Will hire again and recommend to any and everyone we know.

Description of Work
Painting of the exterior of the house.

10/01/2014

ANNETTE R.

These guys were fantastic. It took a couple of days to scrape and power wash the entire house. While scraping, they discovered some rotting wood that *had* to have been at least starting if not moderately progressed when the house was last painted (different contractor) based on how advanced the rot was. Bruno was able to get a carpenter for us who did a very professional job on the repairs. The painters even showed up on Saturdays until noon. They cleaned up the work site every evening and we couldn't be more delighted with the results.

Description of Work
Scraped and power washed the entire house, shed, deck and balcony, two coats of paint on house, shed, trim and deck, deck sealant on balcony. Primed bare wood (for repairs) before painting.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

08/03/2014

Pierre J.

After a long search for the right contractor, I chose Bruno primarily because of the level of professionalism that he exhibited during selection process. He is always punctual and answered all of our questions candidly, thoroughly and in a very prompt manner. Bruno and his team were very meticulous in prepping the house for painting, which is arguably the most important step for a long lasting quality job. Half of the two weeks period used to paint the house was spent on prepping. All required carpentry work was discussed in advance, and I opted to use one of his subcontractor whose price was reasonable. After two coats of paints, the house has never looked that good.

Description of Work
House exterior painting including front porch floor and ceiling and back deck, with exception of back deck railing and post.

08/03/2014

Ron W.

We are very pleased with every aspect of the work Bruno and his crew performed on our house. The preparation (scraping, pressure washing, priming, caulking, and patching) was extensive and thorough. Every day the site was left clean and tidy. Finish coats were expertly applied. Once the job was started they were working every day there wasn't rain. The attention to detail was fantastic. Their courteousness and professionalism was exemplary. We highly recommend Bruno.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of our 1926 shingle-sided colonial. This was a large job including porches, a vestibule, and many multi-paned windows.

06/24/2014

Robert H.

Started earlier than estimated. First he power washed house and let it dry. Scrapped all loose paint and repaired wood rot. Primed all bare wood. Painted house and trim along with shutters and wrought iron railings. Covered shrubs and cleaned/washed all exterior windows when finished , Fnished on time. Cleaned up quite well. Very pleased with price, quality and project.

Description of Work
power washed and painted house and trim. Scrapped and primed as needed.

06/16/2014

Gregory M.

Bruno and his dad do a good job. He offers good prices and a solid job from a friendly and reliable crew. He and his father are humble, hard working, responsible and easy to work with ... a pleasure to know. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of a large victorian house.

06/15/2014

Anna A.

Bruno and his crew did an excellent job. They were very professional and I would hire them again in a minute. They were very punctual, and were very responsive. If I asked for something to be done, they did it immediately. They went above and beyond. One night they stayed later than expected because they knew I was concerned with something (a carpentry issue unrelated to the painting) and Bruno fixed the issue for me so I didn't have to worry. It's been a tough spring/summer and there have been a lot of rain days. Bruno kept me posted every couple of days regarding his schedule, so I would know exactly what day they would be arriving. Once they arrived, they finished the job in a few days. They cleaned up every night and did a great job.

Description of Work
Exterior painting of house and shed, including power washing. They also power washed my twenty year old deck, and it looks brand new. All downspouts and shutters removed prior to painting, nail holes filled, front railings painted and more. They also painted/stained a few things that I really hadn't paid him to do, and I was glad he did.

05/14/2014

Thelma K.

The Job: The task was broken into three parts: (a) exterior painting that included power washing, carpentry repairs, primer and multiple coats of high-quality, resilient paint; (b) trim painting that included garage doors and front door, shutters, gutters, sashes, downspouts, and house accessories such as wrought iron rails; and (c) refurbish, recondition, and paint mahogany deck that included two power washes, and repair and carpentry of wood rails. The contractors to provide pricing on an a la carte basis and then as an aggregate. The Selection Process: Bruno Custodio was one of two semifinalists. Interestingly enough, we found Bruno on Angie?s List where he received stellar reviews. Bruno and the other five contractors were individually interviewed and given our Statement of Work. Bruno was selected primarily because as a working owner of his business, he (a) would be onsite every day to deal with unforeseen challenges and (b) would be able to provide expert advice and deliver just-in-time solutions. The price difference between the lower cost semifinalist and Bruno was about $400.00 but two primary requirements: (a) the contractor?s ability to manage all aspects of the project that included deck refurbishment and (b) contractor responsiveness compelled us to select Bruno. We thought Bruno?s price was very competitive and fair. The Outcome: In every sense of the word, Bruno and his crew of three delivered a perfect product. (Bruno has a critical eye and an aptitude for details.) Better yet, their demeanor and courteous but professional attitude made them a real pleasure to work with. They were quiet, unobtrusive, and neat in their work environment. They arrived early in the morning, were self-directed, worked diligently throughout the day, and cleaned up very nicely before departing. Bruno was always the last to leave and often spent time with us to explain what was done that day, what was planned for the next day, and waited to hear our questions or comments. The crew took painstaking care, as if the house belonged to them. They finished ahead of schedule. The Bonus: Bruno partnered with and managed a carpenter in the deck refurbishment portion of the job. Like his painting buddies, the carpenter arrived on time, was efficient in his work, and delivered a quality product ? a refurbished deck that had been neglected for many years. While power-washing the deck, Bruno observed that waste water ran down and soiled the garage doors that were below the deck level. Bruno collaborated with his carpenter to provide an elegant solution of installing a gutter system that allowed waste water to empty into a french drain. This addition was included at no cost. Lessons Learned: 1. It pays to go through a competitive proposal process because it sets expectations that are clearly stated. If possible, drive around to see their work. 2. Interview your contractors. There is such a thing as ?instant bonding? and mutual respect. 3. Use Angie?s List to find your contractors and read their customer reviews. That?s how we found Bruno?s Painting. And voila, a beautiful house. I guess we?ll have to do something about our landscape now.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

05/04/2014

Christian G.

Overall I recommend Bruno. Last summer was difficult for exterior painters and I know he had a backlog of jobs but this was an expensive project (Bruno was the 2nd most expensive bid of the 5 bids I received) and the pre-paint prep could have been slightly better. The project was completed early and on-budget. --- Bruno performed a detailed estimate which clearly listed what was in, and out, of scope. Due to poor weather conditions in the spring of 2013 the start of my project was delayed by over a month. Bruno was very upfront about the reasons and explained everything. He is very courteous. When the project finally started Bruno's team (his father and another man) arrived promptly every day and performed the work quickly. They prepped all surfaces (scrape, some sanding) over the course of 3-4 days, did some carpentry work to repair rotted wood (this was extra cost, but quite reasonably priced), and painted the house. They always cleaned up after themselves (I did have to drag the garbage bags to my curb). The project had been estimated for 10-14 days but was finished in 7 business days. The finished house looks great. However, after the painting was finished I noticed a couple of high visibility places (the front of the garage in particular) where the prep work should have been better.

Description of Work
Painted my house

10/28/2013

SUSAN C.

Removed many layers of old paint, sanded and scraped, and repainted. Flawless job. Bruno and his whole team were first rate.

Description of Work
Extensive prep work and painting of a large Colonial Revival home.