Corbin Masonry

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2011

Owned & operated by Jeff Corbin....

We have been providing Top Class service to New England for nearly 2 decades. With over 4.5+/5 review on every rating service with nearly 1000+ verified reviews online CERTIFIED is clearly in a league of its own!! As central heating has evolved over the last 100+++ years, many of the venting systems/chimneys have not received proper if any updates. They are often overlooked (out of sight out of mind). In many homes original chimneys were built to be used much differently than what is needed nowadays. As your heating units change- from oil to gas or even coal; or the efficiency/btu output changes; or by adding or removing units, so should the exhaust system/chimney be updated to conform to current units manufacturers recommendations and requirements in order to function safely and efficiently. Many original chimneys are no longer suitable to vent the kind of heating units widely used nowadays. We use only 2-ply smooth-wall stainless steel Flue liners (greatly exceeds all IRC/NFPA requirements), as opposed to the majority of chimney companies that use code-minimum products (single ply or aluminum) for their customers. Although it does meet the minimum code requirements they are inferior in many ways. We use only UL listed material and offer a Lifetime Guarantee on the parts as well as a Lifetime Guarantee on the installation. Due to our volume we are always comparable if not lower in cost to our competitors using cheaper material. Our areas of expertise include: Chimney cleaning, chimney relining, Chimney caps, fireplace cleanings, damper replacement, Crown repair, brick repair, flashing repair, smoke chamber pargeting, Brick sealing, blockage removal, safety inspections, Insurance claim inspections, Oil to gas conversions, safe soot removal, new chimney installation, new fireplace installation, gas fireplace installation, wood burning inserts, wood-burning stoves, pellet inserts, pellet stoves, commercial chimneys.

MS Masonry and Stone Services inc., serve Residential and Commercial property owners in Grand Boston. We are the best choice for brick and stone work and we take pride of our work and have attention to details. We are specialized in Stone Restoration, Historic Building and Waterproofing. We always make sure all of our projects are completely in a timely fashion, within budget and with the quality that our clients deserve.

Specializing in all phases of landscaping, masonry, concrete, irrigation systems, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

10/27/2015

Description of Work
Date of service 7-1-15. Cost of service $600.00.

07/07/2015

Excellent! Jeff completed this work within 2 weeks. Was very professional, dependable, extremely focused & his attention to detail is outstanding. What he did was a work of art! We love it! We would highly recommend Jeff for any masonry future jobs.

Description of Work
Installed a paver walkway and built a stone facade on the front out our house & installed stone on our porch pole stand.

08/18/2013

using bricks to encase former cement steps which had been covered by wood stairs, and completed ( topped) each step with a granite slab. Beautiful work.

Description of Work
built front steps ans a landing, and back steps

05/14/2013

Overall, everything went perfectly. There were a couple additional issues that popped up but Jeff was able to take care of them. My house is very old and Jeff has worked in older houses so he knows the problems that can occur. Jeff was able to remove the original tiles that were in front of the fireplace and fix the floor underneath them. He placed the tiles back in the same pattern and you would ...

Description of Work
I have an old house and needed liners installed in my chimney and a wood insert in the fireplace. I called Corbin Masonry and spoke with Jeff, the owner. He was very polite and knowlegable on the phone and we set up an appointment for him to take a look at what needed to be done. Once he saw what I needed done he informed my that the firebox needed replacement, which I knew, and he would look around for a wood insert. The liners for the chimney were not an issue. As it turned out the firebox was very small and a wood insert would not fit so Jeff said he thought he could fix it as a working fireplace. I was thrilled as I didn't think it would ever be a real working fireplace. We set a date and Jeff and his worker, Raphael, showed up on time. He had given me a time frame of when it would be completed and kept to that schedule. The living room was completley covered in plastic when they were working and when I got home everything was cleaned up each day. Jeff kept me informed of any issues and what may be needed to correct them. Both Jeff and Raphael were very professional. When he was finished I had a beautiful new fireplace and a chimney that was up to code. I love it so much I don't want to burn wood in it, but I will.

Category masonry,chimney repair

05/21/2012

Overall it went very well.

Description of Work
Had two (2) new sets of front steps installed. My old steps were almost fifty years old and some of the bricks were coming loose and were becoming a safety hazard. Called Mr. Corbin in mid-March (after getting estimates from two other masonry companies), and he was very informative about what he could do to help resolve my problem. Plus, after telling him exactly what I wanted, he gave me an estimate for doing both steps which was less than either of my previous estimates. Mr. Corbin also gave me the addresses of two nearby houses where he had just installed new steps in the past few weeks. I liked that he provided this info so that I could see first-hand the quality of his work. My grandson drove me to both places and I was pleased with what I saw. Consequently I entered into an agreement with Mr. Corbin on 3-23-12 and signed the Proposal form. Mr. Corbin and his assistant, Raphael, arrived on time on Monday morning, May 7. Old steps were disassembled and used bricks and other debris were taken away on the same day. Everything was cleaned up at the end of each working day, and that pleased me very much. Unfortunately we ran into several days of heavy rain that delayed the actual building of the new steps, but that was not a problem for me as my family always uses the side door into the attached garaged to come into the house. Mr. Corbin made sure to cover the new areas with plenty of secure tarps to keep the two work areas dry which I also appreciated. Now the new steps are done and my family is very pleased with the results. I've had several very positive comments from neighbors and friends. Even my carpenter stopped by to check out Mr. Corbin's work and he thought that they looked "great". And my carpenter is a very picky guy! So...all in all...the project turned out very well and I would most certainly hire Mr. Corbin's company again in the future.

Category masonry

Stone masonry & chimney repair.