AJ's Home Services Inc

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2008

1565 Lakeview Ave

Dracut, MA 01826

At A.J.’s Home Services Inc, we strive to be the best in the business and are continually setting the standards. Our best talent and effort are always devoted to our professionalism and high-quality customer service. It's through effective communication and timely response to our customer requests that we make sure we meet all our customers’ needs. Our number one goal is to make your experience a positive one. Additional DBA - A J's Home Improvements, A J's Home Services Inc....

05/16/2018

Jere S.

They did an outstanding job. Stripped and replaced the roof in one long day 12 hours. The cleanup was great and the team was professional and courteous. The rates were reasonable and recommend AJ's for anyone needing roofing services. They used quality shingles so the roof is warranted for lifetime. AJ's will 1st start with a free estimate where he explains any special circumstances and any potential extra costs if unexpected things are encountered. I did have an extra cost for flashing at the chimney but knew it was possible in the estimate. Hire them and you to will use them again.

Description of Work
Strip and replace the shingles + new skylight

11/16/2017

Jason & Jennifer P.

It went well. I was satisfied. When the work was done someone came to do a quality check. I would use them again and recommend their service.

Description of Work
They replaced the ridge vents and did a repair near the chimney.

09/30/2017

Joan N.

...

Description of Work
...

Category handyman service

09/08/2017

Joseph T.

Aaron (the owner) was great with communication, something that is hard to find recently. I called and left a message requesting a quote and estimate. He got back to me the next day, and we set up a time for him to come and give a free estimate. During the estimate process I realized I was in good hands, as he was very thorough with his description and explaining every nuance to me as the homeowner. He was giving me a few options, and working with me, rather than trying to sell me something I didn't want. After a week of back and forth, and signing the contract, we were on the books less than a week later. Aaron and a team of 5 others showed up on the property first thing in the morning to begin the demolition of old shingles, and began to replace the damaged parts. Mike, the site foreman, was an amazing person to talk with about the process, and would explain what was going on, and communicated all facets to the job to me. He went above and beyond to make sure the property was clean of all debris and that I was truly satisfied. The whole job from start to finish - replacing sheathing, and re-shingling my entire roof - took one full day (7a-5p). I also had Aaron and his team install new gutters on my home, as the previous venting of the old roof (which they replaced) had not allowed me to have gutters. The installation of the gutters would come the next day. They were very professional as well, as the final product looks great, and of course, my property looks very clean of debris and was not disturbed. I HIGHLY recommend AJ's Home Service with Aaron (the owner) and Mike to any exterior job. I even began the process of asking about a future project of new siding trim. A+ all around.

Description of Work
A new roof & install gutters : We had a leaking roof with multiple rotted sheathing plywood boards and worn shingles. Since our roof was on the older side, it did not have the proper ventilation. Our home did not have gutters, so we asked to have new gutters installed around the house.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you [Member Name Removed] It was our pleasure. We'll talk soon regarding the trim around the garage doors.

02/07/2016

C B.

He does a really good job! Much better than the service I used last year (not found here). He has plowed 3 times so far this season. The only part I am not too crazy about is he tore up the lawn at the top of both driveways. However, he had the integrity to own up to it without trying to make excuses (I chalked it up to the first time he did our drives and since I'm having the lawn overseeded in the spring I am not upset about this -- next year I might feel differently). I definitely recommend him. He provided his cell in the event I needed him during a storm.

Description of Work
Snow removal -- duplex -- 2 double driveways, shovels short walk between driveways, and shovels front steps.

Category snow removal

11/16/2015

Philp B.

Had them remove old shingles, put on new shingles and remove and replace all wood trim with special trim not wood.

Description of Work
New roof and all trim around roof with special compound not wood.

08/22/2015

Dale Q.

We had put on an addition (sun room, by another company) and it was leaking for two years due to the new addition created a flat valley on the roof. Aaron came to identify the problem; pointed out potential problematic area; and provided a plan to fix the problem. AJ's Home service removed all the singles of the valley area, put insulation board, and then installed rubber roof on the flat area and new singles on the pitched area. AJ's Home service did a good quality job. Aaron, the owner, worked with his crews most of the time on the job. They did not cut corners. When Aaron found out the installed exhaust vent size is too small for my oven range, he reinstalled it with a new one.

Description of Work
Remove and replace entire center of rear roof with singles at pitched sections and weatherbond .060 fully adhered, rubber roofing system at flat roof section. Build raised wooden curb flashed into rubber roof for skylight,replace all penetrations seals to preformed flashings for rubber roofing. Supply and install 3 Broan Nutone exhaust vents, add 10 Lomanco roof vents

06/08/2015

mary H.

Never used there service.

Description of Work
Never was contact by the company!

03/12/2015

Beth F.

Excellent prompt service. Always thorough. Very responsive to inquiries. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Plowed driveway, by the mailbox and shoveled back walkway.

12/30/2014

Michael G.

In a word, " excellent"! I called Aaron on a Friday, explained my situation, and texted him a few pictures of the damage so he could have an idea of what was involved. He got back to me right away, which I very much appreciated. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to fit me in before the Holidays, but I explained that wasn't really a problem, since the damage was mostly cosmetic. I just wanted to get it done before any stormy Winter weather started to kick-in. Several other contractors had blown me off entirely, not even returning my calls, mainly because it wasn't a big-dollar job, so I wasn't sure what to expect. That following Monday though, his team showed up at my house, ready to work. I was amazed at how quickly he responded! Aaron's team did an excellent job in repairing the damage to the fascia. Plus, they went above & beyond by fixing the drip edge across the entire front of the house. That particular problem wasn't even mentioned on the original work order, but while making the initial repairs, they noticed it was improperly installed, so they corrected it. Very few people will go out of their way to fix a problem without being asked, so I was very impressed. It shows me they take a lot of pride in their work, and that's hard to find these days. On top of that, the job ended up costing me less than originally discussed, so that was a bonus. I have some other work that I would like to do in the Spring, and I will definitely use Aaron's team for that as well. I highly recommend using AJ's Home Services!

Description of Work
Replaced a couple of sections of damaged/rotted fascia on the front of the house, around the dormers. They also fixed the drip edge that had been incorrectly diverting water behind the aluminum that is covering the fascia boards.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

08/28/2014

Pamela O.

I have used AJ’s Home Services for over 6 years for roof repair, roof replacement/new roof, install of windows, siding and snow plowing. Aaron is very responsive to calls and emails and his crews are hardworking and professional while on the job site. We just had them install 6 new windows and new siding on 2 sides of our home. They completed the work in 2 days, it looks great and they left the job site clean and organized. I’ve been recommending Aaron and AJ’s Home Services to friends and family for years and it’s nice to now do it on Angie’s List.

Description of Work
Installed 6 new windows and new siding on 2 sides of our home to match with existing/rest of home.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows, snow removal

07/12/2014

Diane H.

Everything went very well from start to finish. Aaron responded right away to my request for an estimate. He came, took all the information on what I was looking for and just a couple of days later emailed me the estimate. Once I signed it and got back to him-the work started. Aaron and his crew were very professional and courteous. There were no issues at all. Everything went so smoothly. It was great to deal with a contractor who listened to you and who gave his recommendations (which were right) for certain things. I am very satisfied with the work that was done. They did a wonderful job. Would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced my deck, the roof under the deck, gutters and 8 replaced the 8 windows on my porch.

Thank you. I really appreciate the review. It was a pleasure doing business with you and please don't hesitate to call for anything, even a question.

02/12/2013

James M.

Quick response to my initial call about a leaky chimney that I assumed was a lead flashing problem. After inspecting the chimney, AJ's saw that the chimney itself was in bad shape (cracked/deteriorating cap, crumbling mortar, etc). The price to tear down the chimney to roof line and rebuild was just a few dollars more than repairing the existing chimney, so I opted for a replacement. Once weather cleared up and we had a date scheduled, the crew was exactly on time, were friendly, knowledge and answered all my questions. Very happy with the price and the finished product.

Description of Work
Full chimney replacement, on-roof, about 4ft tall.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

09/18/2012

Scott B.

The work was excellent, from start to finish. I don't think we found any stray nails in the yard after work was completed, and we had no leaks at all. While on the job they actually ended up replacing the roof on an addition to the house that had already been re-roofed about five years earlier, because that roof had been installed poorly by a different contractor and periodically leaked. They seemed to have solved that problem as well. They were good at communicating when the job would start and started relatively on time. The only complaint I have, and it is tiny, is that there were some plastic strips floating around the yard from the backs of the shingles that I had to clean up. I would recommend using AJ's Home Services.

Description of Work
Aaron and his crew put a new roof on our house, both attached and detached garages, and installed gutters on the house.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/18/2012

Peter S.

Our house is fairly large and it's 108 years old. They did a very nice job.

Description of Work
We had our roof redone.

01/12/2011

Daniel F.

I haven’t yet had them do any work. The quotes were reasonable. I haven’t actually talked to them because we are emailing back and forth. My experience so far has been very good. They got back to me within 2 or 3 days. So their punctuality was excellent. I only dealt with them through emails and they dealt in a professional manner. If I buy the property in the future, then I would certainly go with them.

Description of Work
I received estimates from A.J.’s Home Services Inc. about a month ago. They gave me two quotes: one for a roof and one for the demolition of a building.

Category excavators, roofing

07/02/2009

les C.

I contacted Aaron through Angie's, submitted request for an estimate via email. Aaron responded promptly and came out and put together the estimate, which he sent via email. I had questions regarding the work, so I set up and appointment. Aaron came to my house (on time) and gave me details regarding the job. Aaron was very helpful and worked with me to keep the cost within my budget. I selected him for the job based on cost, his expertise and his helpfulness. The job took much longer than anticipated to complete, due to bad weather. Aaron kept me informed of the status of the job for the duration. The final cost actually came in a little under the estimate. The new roof, soffetting and gutters look great (the neighbors are all impressed). The job was professionally finished and cleaned up.

Description of Work
Removed two-layers of old roof, replaced with 30 year shingles. Replaced some rotted wood, reflashed chimney. Installed new soffetting and gutters.

03/05/2009

Rachel B.

I just got an estimate from AJ.

Description of Work
Just wanted to note his extreme professionalism in communication. I received several emails to answer my questions after meeting in person. It was hard to judge price as different contractors suggested different solutions. Aug 2008 estimate was for removing & replacing roof in 2 areas (total 9 squares of shingles) $4200 and removing a 1st floor wood gutter and fascia and installing new pine fascia & aluminum gutter $900.

02/04/2008

LINDA P.

Aaron returned my phone call within the hour and set up an appointment with me for the very next day. I received my estimate that same day. Aaron came in at the best price out of four other company's. I hired him on the facts that he was completely professional, quick to respond and also a reasonable price. Aaron showed up at 7:30 am along with his crew and tarp-ed my house and the shrubs. By the time I left for work he and his crew were up on the roof stripping the old shingles off. While I was at work Aaron called me to keep me informed on the progress. The job was completed on time and they clean up all the debris. There wasn't even a nail or a piece of shingle left on the ground. All in all I was very happy with A.J.'S quality, professionalism and price. A week later I received a Thank You letter for having A.J.'S service our needs of a new roof. I appreciated that.

Description of Work
A.J.'S Home Services stripped and installed a new shingled roof on my two story home.

Bamberg Tree Service

Jonathan Bamberg is the owner of Bamberg Tree Services. Jonathan brings 7+ years of experience in all aspects of the tree care industry to the business. He started as a groundie, advanced to crew and machine lead, ascended to climber, and now a proud small business owner. Bamberg Tree Service is comprised of a small, specialized crew and fleet able to meet maximum work loads. We use the least invasive methods intentionally leaving the smallest carbon footprint possible in your community. We are an intelligent and conscientious team ready to improve the safety, value, and aesthetics of your family home or business. If you would like more information, or want to schedule a time to meet with Jonathan Bamberg to review your project, don’t hesitate to reach out. We would love to hear from you!

Exclusive Chimney Corporation

At Exclusive Chimney we proudly offer a full-service experience that our clients can rely on. Whether you need a chimney update, or you’re looking to install a new chimney cap, our team can help. Whether residential or commercial, your property is a significant investment. As with any investment, proper care and maintenance are required for any chimney. For this reason, our team of professionals specialize in all areas of chimney inspection and maintenance. Exclusive Chimney promises to deliver exceptional results for all chimney builds and we look forward to future projects with our clients!

MS Masonry and Stone Services inc

MS Masonry and Stone Services inc., serve Residential and Commercial property owners in Grand Boston. We are the best choice for brick and stone work and we take pride of our work and have attention to details. We are specialized in Stone Restoration, Historic Building and Waterproofing. We always make sure all of our projects are completely in a timely fashion, within budget and with the quality that our clients deserve.

Roofing, decks, porches, gutters, siding, snow removal, windows & tree care.