AAREN CHIMNEY & ROOFING SERVICE

Founded 1975 • With Angi since November 2002

8 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES APPLY. LIC# 120363. ADDITIONAL CONTACT PARKER SULLIVAN....

Chief Chimney

Chimney Sweep

Stone Masonry, Inc.

Trust Elmer Zacarias Stone Masonry, Inc. for Hardscape Installation! We'll transform your own personal great outdoors into something special! If you are interested in a new stone fireplace or you need hardscaping for your yard, start with Elmer Zacarias Stone Masonry, Inc. You can come to us for utilitarian projects such as steps and retaining walls or home improvement projects like new patios. Whether it's a matter of safety, curb appeal or both, you can trust a team with over ten years of experience in the masonry trade. The right outdoor hardscaping in Lynn, MA can really make a difference in your home's curb appeal and your quality of life. Our experienced masons can construct a new patio, steps, outdoor fireplace, fire pit or other hardscaping features you may want around your home. We are also skilled in decorative work that will add style to any new addition. Enjoy high quality craftsmanship in your choice of brick or stone. We also provide tree maintenance for your yard as well.

Lopez Brothers Masonry Landscaping Irrigation

Specializing in all phases of landscaping, masonry, concrete, irrigation systems, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

11/01/2017

I like the way they explained things as they went along. It is an old house, so it needed a lot of work and they found all that needed to be done. They did an excellent job. I will definitely recommend them and absolutely use them, again.

Description of Work
Redid Chimney and Roof Repairs

Category roofing,chimney repair

10/29/2012

Description of Work
DON'T USE THEM ! Had a problem with water coming in through a window frame. Aaren roofing said they could fix my problem if they replaced the whole roof. I asked them if they could just fix that section and they said no they had to re-do the whole roof. After roof was done I had the same leak in the same place. They told me to get a heat coil and they would install it. That seemed to take care of the leak. By researching the internet, I figured out the problem I was having was an ice dam, which should have been remedied by adding more ventilation to the eaves. Roof replacement has no effect on ice dams. Replacing the roof was a waste of time and money and the fix was a $60 heat coil that melts the ice dam as needed. So I wasted $7000 !!! I filed complaints with Attorney General, Angie's List and better Business Bureau to no avail. Aaren claims heat coil was my idea to install (good ruse on their part to get me to buy it) and they take no responsibility that the roof replacement did nothing to stop my problem. The three agencies I filed complaints with could do nothing to help me - If the company you complain about to Angies List doesn't want to cooperate, Angie's is powerless. MA. Office of Consumer Affairs sided with Aaren (I thought it was the office of CONSUMER affairs), Better Business Bureau is paid by the businesses so don't expect help from them. Anyhow good luck with Aaren Roofing who claim to have been in business for 35 years even though nobody there is named Aaren. Also - When I pointed out a hole in the sheathing inside the roof where cold air was coming in - They claimed in their report that rodents caused it and told me in person that I was crazy if I thought they were going to do any more work for free even though their signed contract claims a guarantee of workmanship

02/17/2012

I had Aaren Chimney and Roofing Service put on a new roof in late 2009 because of a leak I was getting in the kitchen. At that time I asked Jim Jalkewicz if he could just work on the troubled area but according to Jim Jalkewicz - If I put on a new roof all my problems would be over. The next time the weather got bad the leak in the kitchen began again. Jim sent his crew out to hammer out an ice da...

Description of Work
I had Aaren Chimney and Roofing Service put on a new roof in late 2009 because of a leak I was getting in the kitchen. At that time I asked Jim Jalkewicz if he could just work on the troubled area but according to Mr. Jalkewicz - If I put on a new roof all my problems would be over. The next time the weather got bad the leak in the kitchen began again. Jim sent his crew out to hammer out an ice dam and told me to get a heated cable which they installed outside on the roof. I have used that whenever the snow builds up on the roof and have not had the leak in the kitchen since.

Hole in roof has nothing to do with the roof installed. The hole is in the trim work of the dormer caused by a rodent nesting in overhang. My guarantee is for workmanship and leakage for 5 years. I can't be held responsible for rodents eating into his house. He's admitted there's no leaks in his roof.

06/30/2011

I was not very happy because they were not able to fix the leak. This was due to an ice dam problem. I had to wait till the winter to find out it was bad.

Description of Work
This was to try and repair a leaky roof that they installed.

10/13/2009

I used them before so I called them to look at the roof. The representative that I worked with has retired and I was not impressed with the new one. It has been three or four weeks and I still have not received an estimate.

Description of Work
My roof needs repaired.

CHIMNEY CLEANING, REPAIR AND SERVICE, ROOFING REPAIR INSTALLATION AND SERVICE. ROOF ICE AND SNOW REMOVAL. SOME LIGHT CARPENTRY WORK. GUTTER CLEANING.

METAL ROOFS (AT PRESENT)