Capital Construction Contracting Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2006

Capital Construction is an award winning General Contractor located in South shore serving Boston metro and surrounding areas. Capital Construction is a contracting specialist that handles all types of projects including Roofing Asphalt, Slate, & Rubber) James Hardie Siding / Cedar Siding, Custom Carpentry, Custom Copper Work, Masonry Plastering, and Interior/Exterior Painting. Large custom remodel / renovation projects available upon request. Based in Boston, the services of Capital Construction are available to all of the general public as well as commercial businesses. We are willing to travel distances from our base which means we can cover work throughout the whole of Greater Boston area and beyond, Including Newton, Brookline, Wellesley, Cambridge and Waltham MA. We are Boston's commercial & residential roofing & siding, carpentry and masonry experts. Our experienced contractors can complete repairs on all types of roofing including rubber & TPO. Shingle roof repair and installation are high on our list of specialties, along with traditional slate, rubber roofing, guttering, fascias, and soffits. Call 617-319-1225 today for a free estimate in the Boston area. Established for over 15 years and a Better Business Bureau member, this is a family-owned and operated business that has built up a good reputation and comes highly recommended within the local area. We have and offer strong references of satisfied customers on request. We take pride in our work. All Capital Construction's contractors are extremely skilled and work in the utmost professional manner. We offer free estimates on all projects and our products and services are guaranteed. For a leading contracting and roofing specialist in Boston, MA, contact Capital Construction today! Remember, we are “Master Elite” certified and have particular expertise in James Hardie siding, flat roofs, shingles, roof repairs, guttering, soffits, and traditional slating for all types of residential and commercial roofing...

A Service Provider's profile image

James Hardie Install project
James Hardie Install

siding companies

202002813

roofing (200)decks & porches (35)siding companies (26)home remodeling (1)gutter repair (51)gutter cleaning (34)woodworking (25)house painting (21)masonry (21)chimney repair (20)interior painting (17)deck cleaning (17)

09/16/2022

Jaime M.

BEWARE of this company. They use high pressure tactics and will quote you almost 3-4 times more than what the job is worth. We recently found Capital Construction through Angi’s and reached out to them for an estimate to replace our back deck. The salesperson who came out to our house was a joke. He started off the conversation asking if our parents live with us (what?! I’m in my mid 40s) then proceeded to ask us what we thought we should pay for the job. Obviously, we had no idea and that’s why we were getting the quote. He proceeded to quote us $105,000 to replace our one level 400 square foot deck. Fast forward to this week- we received 2 other quotes all from reputable larger construction companies and they came in at $28,000 and $31,000. This company should be investigated for price gouging. I cannot believe they think it is acceptable to provide these type of quotes.

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Work Completed On 09/16/2022

08/03/2022

Robert F.

Scammers! The woman who returned my call was incredibly pushy and insensitive, clearly reading off a script. I was trying to set up an appointment to have someone come out to my daughter's condo and bid on replacing her damaged shower stall. The caller would not accept that I was going to manage this for my daughter, who is on the spectrum and could not do this, but that fact was not on the script. SCAMMERS

Description of Work
Shower Stall Repair

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/03/2022

05/04/2022

John S.

Not well at all. Had them come out to the house to give estimate. Seemed professional and used a drone to look at the roof. Explained would like to repair if possible knowing I had to replace in the next few years. Waited for a quote and apparently I missed the appointment. They never called and I chased them to get them back. They came back and presented me with a very expensive proposal to replace, something we hadn't discussed. This time a new guy that apparently knew about slate was present. Went overboard detailing the project management philosophy in order to justify the nosebleed asphalt pricing. I asked how I should trust them given their inability to manage a quote process. They left to revise pricing to replace the slate roof. i never heard from theme again and this time I didn't bother chasing them. Stay away

Description of Work
Roof repair or replace

Category concrete repair, roofing

Work Completed On 11/22/2021

04/08/2022

Lizbeth D.

The sales rep that priced out our initial quote was very professional. He met with us twice, the second time giving a very thorough introduction to the quality, depth and breadth of work, and left a quote that while very high, was complete and itemized. While we were evaluating quotes from various companies, the sales reps' office manager hounded us through email, calls and texts over the course of 10 days to allow them to come out and 're-evaluate' the quote. We replied to emails and texts to no response. When we finally were able to connect (via phone call) to schedule the re-evaluation, the manager canceled via voicemail saying the company does not do work on two family homes (condos) like ours. I will not recommend them in the future.

Description of Work
Deck and roofing

Work Completed On 04/08/2022

11/06/2021

Marc K.

the schedule is supposed to be today @ 8am. there was a no show

Description of Work
Deck

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 11/06/2021

09/07/2021

Robin T.

Lacked professional. Kept trying to push certain materials on me, and just felt like a pressured up sale. and it was frustrating experience.

Description of Work
"They were at the house for over two hours for the estimate. He came at 2pm and stayed until 4:15. They made a comment that it was a tiny house. He made some offensive comments. Asked some personal questions that I didn't feel comfortable with. He had a checklist of questions about our home and neighborhood. He asked me what my plan B was if my plan A doesn't work. Then wanted to come back to tell me why his company was better. He even mentioned that he was giving quotes on something he knew about. Lacked professionalism."

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/07/2021

03/15/2021

Donna G.

Capital did an amazing job! Fast, clean and organized. Would definitely recommend. Thank you Capital Construction!

Description of Work
siding

Category siding

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

02/17/2021

Patrice M.

*Durng the course of the project one of the crew members hit a gas pipeline causing a rupture. When National Grid responded the crew LIED to them and said that my husband caused this damage! He is a 70 year old man and I can assure you he was NOT jackhammering the side walk where the pipe was damaged! They further LIED and said my husband admitted doing this damage. I have called CAPITAL Construction NUMEROUS times since this incident which took place in August 2021. They have IGNORED us! The bill for their crew busting a gas pipe is over $5000 and is being sent to us, again! They did not call dig safe ahead of time and they continue to outright LIE, I am furious and will not retain an attorney to act on our behalf. I am so disgusted with this behavior and I DO NOT recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Yes, the work got done*

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 09/21/2019

01/25/2021

Shawn B.

never showed up never even came to give a estimate

Description of Work
None never heard from then after we talked

Work Completed On 01/23/2021

08/21/2020

Cheryl L.

Capital Construction does a great job, with different crews covering delivery of materials, construction, and clean up. Jay Avagianos was our project manager, monitoring the job and answering our questions. The stairs and landing are solid and we are very pleased with the outcome. Their installation team did an excellent job. ( We did a roof project with them in 2015, which we are still pleased with as well.) Would strongly recommend considering Capital Construction for work at your home.

Description of Work
Most recent project was to replace rear entry steps and landing into house. We used the TREX system in "Fire Brick" for the treads and railing.

Category decks, roofing, home builders

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

Review for Capital Construction Contracting Inc - 3 Norwood St, Dorchester, MA - 38815677

08/07/2020

Arjun G.

We are extremely please with the work. They were very engaged from quoting to project completion. The company frequenlty checked with us on progress and concerns which was very refreshing. The project manager and the crew was very polite, on point, focused, worked with work area constraints, practiced COVID-19 best practices and left the project area clean. This is the second project they have done for us in last 5 yrs.

Description of Work
Redo the deck and interior painting

Category decks, home builders, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

12/26/2019

Donna G.

The work went well. They installed a new rubber roof and three solar skylight at our home in Canton. The project manager called me daily with updates and the office manager assisted with the financing paperwork. A good experience, Thank you.

Description of Work
Roofing & Three Skylights

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

12/19/2019

Amy S.

Very professional service and I was happy with the jobs well done.

Description of Work
New windows, electric and hvac

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear you are happy with the outcome of your project.

10/31/2019

C T.

We hired Capital Construction to do a roof and deck replacement. There were very professional and responsive in putting together the estimate, and we gave them the 33% deposit upfront. Once the building permit was in place, they were unresponsive when we asked repeatedly for an estimated start date. After 6 weeks of no response from their "operations department," we gave up and asked for the deposit back (less reasonable expenses such as the permit). They responded immediately, claiming that custom materials had been ordered and delivered, and they were ready to install (this turned out to be false, as they had not ordered the materials yet). They refused to return $3,500 of the deposit, citing "20 hours of their sales representatives time pricing the project" at $175/hour. To be fair, there was a small amount of pricing that they did after the contractor was in place: a 7' extension of the deck, and three steel beams that were needed after they asked us to hire a structural engineer (at our expense).... but since when do contractors get paid $175/hour for pricing projects that don't happen?!! Considering their contract outlines a rate for additional services of $115/hour, we offered to split the difference with them, thinking that paying them $1,750 to price a project they didn't actual do was generous on our end. They refused to return any of the money, and told us that that once you sign a contract with Capital Construction, you have THREE DAYS TO CANCEL OR THEY HAVE THE RIGHT KEEP YOUR DEPOSIT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY DO THE WORK. Apparently they thought they were doing us a favor by returning a portion of it. I can't speak to the quality of their work, but homeowners beware if you give them a deposit upfront....

Description of Work
Roof, gutter and deck replacement

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

Capital Construction do not have a contract signed in your name. We did price a project for a roof & deck, 12 months ago. A contract was signed on the second visit to the property. We applied for permits straight away but were then informed by the homeowner they wanted to make changes to the project and expand the deck. We received a permit for the roofing and deck demolition and were informed by the homeowner that they would provide us with a set of plans from their nephew, which we believe is [Member Name Removed] who wrote this review… We made several attempts to contact their nephew for plans, they were never made available to us. He blamed his engineer. We did not receive the new set of deck plans for 2-3 months. When we received the plans, we priced the new deck project and wrote up a new contract, No additional money was given to us for the new contract. We received the permit in 21 days and continued to work towards a start date. We then were notified by the homeowners that they no longer wanted to go through with the project. At this time our company had invested considerate time and hours to this project with our sales estimator’s time at the property, 4 hours spent cutting open a roof and an in depth roof inspection at the property, and hours spent at inspectional services , including the full approval from the historical commission, which the homeowner now has. Our company never claimed that custom materials had been ordered. We said if custom material were ordered there may be some financial cost. They were informed immediately this was not the case. Stated in our contract, we are not liable after 72 hours if a contract is cancelled. We did not follow through on this and returned a $20,000 deposit after a job was cancelled 12 months after the initial signing. We have extended the opportunity to discuss this with the homeowner/contract holder. We feel we were completely upfront during this entire process. We believe our approach was fair and honest and we always work with high integrity. Client Relations Manager

10/19/2019

irene O.

They came, we made a contract Aug 13, 2019, I paid down payment of $1,200 dollars. The never came in September; they cashed our check, they were unavailable for calls for a month, then they called and said the mailed our check back. NOPE, they cashed it & are lying according to our bank & our bank statement. WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK ASAP. ps. our initial contact w/Angie's was thru email, Irene-obrien@comcast.net or @verizon.net which would not go thru to you!

Description of Work
Damaged shingles replaced on 1/2 of two sides of the house

Work Completed On 10/19/2019

It is unfortunate that there has been so much confusion regarding this project. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for our lack of communication causing you to think something under handed had happened. We are a reputable company, in business over 15 years. The salesman was erroneous in his pricing and added to vendor increases, the work simply could not be performed as stated in the contract. Yes, your check was originally cashed with your contract, but when we realize your project could not be done, we immediately issued a check for the full amount of $1200 and mailed it out to your home address. For some reason, out of our control, you did not receive our returned check. As soon as we were made aware of this, we issued a new check for the full amount and had our sales manager hand deliver this check to your home with a full explanation of what happened. We are sorry our lack of communication led you to believe otherwise. We feel badly how this situation went. We are extremely mindful of our good reputation and integrity in a business where there are plenty of disreputable contractors. Please accept our continued apology for the confusion. Best regards Client Relations Manger

10/07/2019

Laima K.

They did a good job and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They repaired my roof.

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

10/04/2019

john I.

I was incredibly impressed with the sales process, quoting, and upfront diligence with the teams at Capital Construction. It has been over 1 year since the project was finished and greatly increased the value of my home. Since then I noticed a few items that needed to be addressed to hold the integrity of the project. I continue to have the most frustrating experience with the group at Capitl Construction. False promises of scheduling a team to come fix the issues. False information that they stand by the work and will see it tough. Finger pointing between the product manufacturer's and Capital Construction that leaves the consumer in last place. I still have caulk used throughout the project that is faded and not applied correctly (i.e. in board joints, to fill nail holes), loose boards not secured property, and even worse water penetration near the fire escape due to incorrect flashing and caulking. This has been a 4+ month process by myself. I just paid my final bill of over $30k for the job and I have yet to receive a single phone call from Capital Construction on what to do.

Description of Work
Fix Siding

Category siding

Work Completed On 02/01/2019

Review for Capital Construction Contracting Inc - 3 Norwood St, Dorchester, MA - 38150705

09/20/2019

Patrice M.

Work was done within 2 weeks as scheduled. Finished work was absolutely gorgeous! Every person from the salesman Shawn, to the mason foreman Jeff, were extremely professional, hard working and kept us informed every step of the way. We are extremely pleased with their work and would not hesitate to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Entire retaining wall around property and set of brick stairs were replaced

Category masonry, roofing

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

09/15/2019

Rosanne E.

Estimate was the most expensive out of the 6 GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractors we received estimates from.

Description of Work
New roof on the front of the house and the back porch

Category decks, roofing

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

01/03/2019

Bob C.

The job was performed great. Originally it was scheduled to start the day after Thanksgiving but was delayed due to rain. We opted to reschedule after the New Year and the job was scheduled for 2 Jan 19. The crew showed up around 8:30 and were all very nice. The PM showed up a little later and everything went smooth. The job took about 5 hours to replace 3 skylights. The only issue was trying to figure out the remotes since they are solar powered blinds and window openings. After a couple calls to the skylight companies customer service, Sam (PM) did a great job sticking around until all remotes were programmed and everything worked. The deck and yard were cleaned up and back to the original condition. Overall it was a great experience and I'd recommend this company to anyone that asks. That of course is pending any future issues if the skylights leak or have issues but since they were just installed yesterday, it's early for that determination. It did rain last light and there were no leaks so that's a great start!

Description of Work
Replaced 3 SkyLights

Category skylights

Work Completed On 01/02/2019

12/26/2018

Jelena/Daren F.

It went very well. The guys came over two mornings in a row. First to repair the damage, re-tape the Sheetrock, and sand. The next day they finished sanding, and then painted the ceiling. Looks great, and we are happy with the repair. The only issue I had was communication is sometimes very spotty. They are very busy, and messages left with the office are not always relayed to the people working in the field. Our construction manager left me his card to make sure I could get through to someone, and that really helped.

Description of Work
Our upstairs neighbors had a leak which came through our living room ceiling. I needed to have the Sheetrock repaired or replaced, and the ceiling repainted.

Category remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/07/2018

08/23/2018

Dorothy B.

The job went very well. The crew were very professional, quiet and respectful. If you didn't know, you would never realize that there had been an air conditioner in that wall. Everything went smoothly and the job was finished more quickly than I had expected. Capital isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for and I have always been very pleased with the work they have done for me.

Description of Work
Removal of old wall air conditioner and fixing the wall

Category drywall, plastering, siding, house painters, interior painters