Bauman Remodeling

Massachusetts: Home Improvement
10/26/2022

80 Emmett Ave

Dedham, MA 02026

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Bauman Remodeling has consistently proven over the years to have one of the most trusted, talented teams around. Super Service award winners every year from 2008 up to 2021, Family owned & operated. We offer all types of remodeling large and small, from new construction to complicated interior or exterior remodeling. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fee. May contact by website, phone or email....

home remodeling (56)hardwood floors (11)basement remodeling (7)garage building (4)patio enclosures (1)woodworking (141)interior painting (52)plastering (38)drywall (29)door installation (25)electrician (24)general contractors (21)

05/16/2022

Abby Y.

Mike and his crew were amazing. We feel extremely lucky to have found them. They did a beautiful job from demo work to construction and finishing touches. Very easy to work with and reasonably priced, especially considering they are in such high demand. I would recommend to any friend or family member.

Description of Work
Entire second floor remodeling

Category closet systems, electrician, lighting, plastering, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

04/02/2022

guido S.

Mike Bauman and his team (chris and Juan on carpentry, Carlos on electric, Eddie on plaster, and Marco on tile) are the best renovation team we have ever worked with. super high quality construction, reasonable prices and very fair adjustments when necessary due to unexpected conditions or changes in design. the whole team work well together and are just really nice people...important when you are living through a renovation. also very good on timing...they wont take 10 jobs on at once and then leave you waiting...mike is very good at scheduling the subs he work with. we have had bad experiences in the past...this, with mike, is the way it should be. 100% recommendation with no hesitation at all. we love the news spaces mike created (major bathroom expansion/renovation and basement conversion from unfinished to living space)

Description of Work
basement remodel and master bath

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/02/2022

11/01/2021

Aaron S.

We went back to Mike Bauman as our first choice by a mile from past experience with him. Project scope was substantial and transformed our 2nd and 3rd floors from the studs. Primary suite and new bathroom construction was impeccable work. Mike's crew has a masterful combination of rough work know-how and finishing skills , and I would recommend them all highly for excellent quality. Vanity cabinets from Prestige Kitchen & Bath are gorgeous and service from Phil DeBenedictis there was consistently excellent.

Description of Work
2nd/3rd transformative bedroom and bathrooms remodeling

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/31/2021

10/27/2021

Erik Jon W.

Mike and his crew were fantastic. The work they performed exceeded our expectations and they finished on schedule. I would highly recommend Mike Bauman for any reno project.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodeling

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

10/22/2021

Erin B.

Mike and his team built a beautiful kitchen for my family. The project involved taking down a structural wall and opening the kitchen up into 2 rooms. Mike and his team are extremely competent, responsive and friendly. They routinely when above and beyond. Each of the hired trades and local inspectors volunteered how much they enjoy working with Mike and his team and how competent they are. The experience was truly worry free. I can't wait to hire him again for our future remodeling projects in coming years.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel with Structural Work

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

10/20/2021

Jennifer F.

Mike is the most responsive contractor I've worked with. From initial estimate to daily contact. Through his experience he has found a fantastic network of cabinet design/suppliers, plumbers, painters, tile installers , and hard wood floor refinishers/installers. They are truly top notch. He also has a great reputation with the permit/inspection people. When doing a remodel project things are always going to come up and Mike is all about finding a quick solution. I am beyond happy with how my entire house has turned out. Mike gets hired for a lot of repeat business/additional projects and that speaks volumes as well. Don't hesitate to give him a call

Description of Work
Complete remodel of 1st floor - kitchen, dinning room living room

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

09/23/2021

Robert O.

Mike and his crew did an excellent job. Mike always picked up the phone whenever I called I never once has difficulty reaching him during the duration of the project. With COVID and all there were some delays in materials and the price of lumber skyrocketed but Mike stayed true to his proposal. His worker were both skilled and professional. A job well done.

Description of Work
Demo existing porch and rebuilt

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/03/2021

Review for Bauman Remodeling - 80 Emmett Ave, Dedham, MA - 39485230

07/02/2021

Sandra M.

Everything about the job that Mike Bauman and the Bauman Remodeling team did was SUPERIOR! We were in a position to need our bathroom remodeled, including walls, converting a tub to a shower, new lighting, new fixtures and complete tiling within a tight time frame. It started with Mike's responsiveness and positive approach to doing the job for us when most companies did not make themselves available. We also found that we could on his experience and good taste for design ideas. He managed to line up everyone (plumber, electrician, tiler) with precision so that the job was actually completed AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!! We couldn't be more pleased with the job they did, particularly the tile work. In the past, we've made the mistake of going with the least expensive quote and paid the price in poor workmanship. While Bauman Remodeling is not the least expensive, they are reasonable (not the most expensive quote either) and worth every penny to have quality workmanship and a beautiful bathroom! We're going to hire Bauman Remodeling for all our bath and kitchen remodeling in the future!

Description of Work
complete bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/15/2021

10/30/2020

Stelios M.

Given our project was during COVID-19 it went very well. I shared my vision with George and he and his team worked hard to make it happen. They were able to complete our project under unprecedented circumstances. George kept us informed and welcomed our input. He also followed up with us to make sure everything was working properly and mitigated anything that did not. We are very thankful to George and his team.

Description of Work
Remodeled kitchen, bathrooms, closets, lower level

Category closet systems, countertops, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

10/27/2020

CATHY B.

They were WONDERFUL! Great work for a reasonable price. The workers were respectful and courteous. Definitely would hire again.

Description of Work
Siding on home

Category siding, garage builders

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

10/22/2020

Collins T.

Generally went well but for unexpected delays due to the pandemic. We remodelled our kitchen, new bathroom on the second floor, and updated flooring on first and second floor, among many others. Chris and Juan are excellent, very responsive and professional, they were able to adopt suggestions and make changes to initial plans to suite our preferences. The work came out really gorgeous. The other craftmen were all excellent. The floors, tiles, electricals and plumbing were done very well. I would definitely recommend Mike and his guys.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling and General

Category remodeling, garage builders, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

10/02/2020

Todd T.

We had originally hired an incompetent contractor who botched an extensive kitchen remodeling job involving replacement of a load-bearing wall. We hired Mike to fix the job. The difference between the two contractors is night and day. Mike and his entire team are responsive, careful, fair, conscientious, and hard-working. They do an excellent job and take pride in their work. They are fantastic communicators, and will respond to texts or phone calls at frankly ridiculous hours. I was amazed at how much time Mike was willing to spend on the phone with me solving problems around acquiring engineering plans or navigating the permitting process. When we uncovered additional work that had been done incorrectly by the original contractor, the repairs were done at cost, without a markup for the subcontractors doing the repairs. The final work was done extremely well, in a timely fashion, with good communication throughout and for a very fair price. I would not hesitate to hire Mike and his team again. A few other things you should know about Mike Bauman -- the people that work with him genuinely like and respect him. The electrician told me that he refuses to work with any other contractor. Chris (who built his own house!!) has been working with Mike for years, and their rapport is honestly fun to watch. This team likes what they do and who they're doing it with, and they do the job well, and they take pride in the end result. Mike is loyal to his crew and they seem loyal to him, which says a lot. I also genuinely like and respect Mike. He's a good human who likes dogs and toddlers and if he has to leave a site before 5pm, it's to go pick up his own kids. And you can expect that he'll be ready to talk about your project again later that evening. In short, Mike Bauman is an honest and kind guy who does an exceptional job for a fair price. He communicates clearly and often, works diligently and quickly, and handles complicated personal interactions with grace and poise. You might be able to find someone to do the work a bit more cheaply, but the lesson that we've learned (the hard way) is that going with a lowball offer can come back to haunt you. You should hire Mike, instead. Really.

Description of Work
Repair of a previous remodel from different contractor

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/02/2020

12/14/2019

Erik N.

We live in a 1940s Cape and wanted to open up our downstairs and expand our kitchen. We also wanted to switch our downstairs full bath and upstairs 1/2 bath, and to add a third bedroom upstairs. In addition to quoting us the best price, Bauman Remodeling was also the only contractor to suggest vaulting our upstairs ceilings (and the only one not intimidated by our wish to keep our steam radiators). The extra ceiling height upstairs ended up being one of the best results from our remodel; we no longer feel like we're in an attic. Another highlight is the built-in around our fireplace. It looks like it's always been here. In fact, something of great importance to us during this remodel was making sure that anything new to the house fit the existing parts, and Mike did everything possible to make that happen, including traveling to multiple stores to find just the right moulding. With any job this big, there are inevitably going to be surprises and setbacks, but Mike was always willing to do whatever it took to make things right. He was honest, fair, and accessible throughout the project. And our new kitchen and bathrooms are beautiful. I highly recommend Bauman Remodeling.

Description of Work
Full interior remodel and shed dormer addition

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

12/09/2019

Jennifer H.

FYI to everyone enjoying their beautiful remodel. It's now 2.5 years after mine was finished. Good thing he only warrantees the work for 2 years. Here's a list of problems: The recessed lighting is coming out of the ceiling; plaster is literally falling off; the joints where the cabinets were installed are cracking; the paint on the radiators I wanted replaced, but was convinced to paint is chipping off; the electrical was wired incorrectly so everything keeps blowing fuses and had to hire someone to fix it, etc.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom

Work Completed On 12/08/2019

I never respond, but I thought I should mention how unbelievably taken back I was by this report. I have never turned my back on a project that we put our heart & soul into. These people did not even attempt to reach out to me or my project manager about an issue or problem. If they had whether it was within the warranty or not. WE as a reputable, professional, trustworthy & proven company of Angie’s List, would have done whatever it took to work out the problems with the homeowner. This homeowner fails to tell you that we did NOT do a complete full demo & Remodeling of their kitchen, they chose to keep the existing cabinets, 95% of the old blueboard & plaster, existing wiring & the majority of the existing kitchen intact. We added a few more cabinets to the existing cabinetry, altered one of their walls to accommodate an appliance & wall cabinet. We did some wiring/lights & minor plumbing to what was existing. We carefully ripped up the floor that was covering their hardwood & restored, refinished & brought it back to their joyful approval. Updated the painting & other minor work to make the kitchen look good. I am very disappointed that they failed to mention, at the same time we did this kitchen work, we also did a COMPLETE DEMO & Remodeling of their bathroom. It was quite a transformation & they were extremely pleased with the final results. We went over & above, like we do for all our clients. I am always sensitive to a homeowners budget & I respected that they only wanted to do the complete full bathroom remodel with only upgrades to their kitchen. Please realize if you needed anything, even if it was no fault of my team, we would have been happy to resolve any issues. I would still be happy to help & you will realize why you hired Bauman Remodeling in the first place. Winning the Super Service Award on Angies List 12 years in a row is NOT an easy task to accomplish. I am proud of my team & would be proud to assist anyone that has put their trust in me. Take care, Mike Bauman Bauman Remodeling

10/11/2019

Robert T.

My wife and I decided to do a major kitchen renovation which consisted of joining two rooms. We had many contractors come to look at our job and we discussed the look we wanted and a load bearing wall being removed. All the contractors agreed that it was impossible to join the two rooms to obtain the look we wanted except for Mike Bauman . Mike assured us that his team would be able to hide a beam (lvl) above the ceiling and lay out the kitchen to make it more functional. His meticulous approach to the job and craftsmanship was apparent immediately. His foreman Chris worked tirelessly with my wife and I with insight and knowledge of construction to add custom touches to the final product. After hearing so many horror stories about renovations that went bad, I felt fortunate that we hired Bauman remodeling. I felt that Mike in the crew were passionate about making sure the customer was happy and would always be available to answer our never ending e-mails and phone calls. At the end the kitchen came out amazing and on budget . I would highly recommend Bauman construction and would not hesitate to hire them again .

Description of Work
Remodeling Kitchen and bath

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Rob & Brooke T.

We were happy to meet Mike and George after starting a job with a different contractor. We had been told that our wall could not be removed. However, Mike and his crew not only removed that wall, but also made our other doorways larger. We have heard that permitting in our town of Westwood can be a challenge, but the process went well for us. Their workmanship was meticulous and we felt that he treated the job like he was working on his own house. Chris, his foreman, brought a fresh approach to the job and helped us, with his years of knowledge, create a beautiful and functional space. Mike stayed within budget and we weren't shocked at the end with any additional expenses. We highly recommend Mike and his crew for home renovations.

Description of Work
Remodeling of kitchen and bathroom. Removal of structural wall to create open floor plan. Install complete new kitchen layout & tile existing bathroom. Build solid wood custom bench with shelves.

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

Review for Bauman Remodeling - 80 Emmett Ave, Dedham, MA - 38172065

Andrea G.

I am beyond pleased with Bauman Remodeling and the work that they did in my home. George, who managed the project, went above and beyond to make sure things went smoothly. He informed me of everything that was going on along the way, and made sure that there was as little disruption as possible. The work that was completed was top notch and my kitchen looks like something out of a magazine.

Description of Work
Remodeling Kitchen & adding new recessed lighting in separate living room. Plastering new ceiling in living room & hallway.

Category plastering, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

Susan H.

We were very pleased with the project that Mike and his team did on our house! We have an older home and there were many unexpected things that came up along the way and they navigated all the bumps just fine. Mike and his team are fair, honest and take great pride in their work. Unlike other contractors we have tried in the past, Mike is alwasys responsive and easy to communicate with which was a huge relief! I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Kitchen model, master bath remodeled and new half bath.

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

06/09/2019

Todd T.

We recently moved into an older home that was in need of painting and major renovations. While we were deciding on the extent of our kitchen renovation, we hired Mike and his team (especially Eddie) to fully paint the interior. They were the lowest bid of the four competitive bids we received, and the quality of their work was superb. The trim work was clean, the work was done on time and on budget, and their workers were punctual and communicative. They even put a fourth coat of paint on walls that needed it, without being asked. They also provided excellent advice about kitchen renovating and removal of a load-bearing wall. Their bid for this project was about 25% higher than a competing bid, and we chose the lower bid. *THIS WAS A MISTAKE.* In contrast to the work with Mike, the lower bidder has been a nightmare to work with, there have been significant budget overruns, and we are currently about two months behind on a two month project. It turns out the quality of general contractor matters a great deal to the renovation experience, and based on the work that we did do with him, we believe we would have been far better off using Mike and paying slightly more. Next time we'll do that.

Description of Work
Painting ($), remodeling bids and advice (free)

Category plastering, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/15/2019

06/06/2019

Aaron S.

Mike Bauman and all of his crew and sub-contractors did amazing work for us renovating and really transforming our new house with a new kitchen and bathroom. He took on every challenge we had that came with the substantial work it took to open up the first floor living space. He is professional, highly skilled, takes obvious pride in his work, and runs a great team. Even though he is very busy, he made sure to share all updates along the way, give us options, and was always responsive right away when we needed to reach him for any reason. Can't recommend him highly enough, it was a pleasure working with him.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom renovation

Category contractors, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Review for Bauman Remodeling - 80 Emmett Ave, Dedham, MA - 37922346

12/23/2018

Andrew H.

I can't say enough great things about Mike and his team. They were incredibly responsive, so careful and thoughtful with our home. They asked if we liked the progress at every turn, had wonderful helpful ideas about all of the components of the project. They finished WAY ahead of schedule, under budget and with a smile. We had been working with another contractor to build our baby's room who kept letting us down- not answering calls, not showing up for his first day. My 8 months pregnant wife wasn't sleeping knowing that our baby may come into the world without a bedroom-or that we'd have to live in a dusty construction zone with a newborn baby. Mike and his team came to the rescue. They finished the project with weeks to spare until her due date and my wife has slept through the night ever since. Working with them was like a breath of fresh air. Each team they brought in - from the carpenters, to the painters, plumbers, HVAC, electricians were incredibly talented and so kind. We could not be more grateful to them for their beautiful work in our home. Their meticulous attention to detail with the carpentry and paint has made us so happy. They cleaned up the work site each night knowing that the dust and sawdust would effect my wife and our puppy. They went above and beyond at each turn, and it meant so much to us. We really feel at home now.

Description of Work
A nursery, bathroom and walk-in closet remodel

Category closet systems, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/23/2018

10/20/2018

William M.

Mike and his team helped transform our home into a beautiful, more functional space for our growing family. We had an extremely outdated kitchen that required a full gut and took out a load bearing wall to open the kitchen up to a dining room. His team also did a full gut job of a bathroom that was not functional, turning a small space into a bathroom with a custom shower and pocket door to maximize space. Mike was extremely communicative and was quick to respond with any questions/concerns we had, as well as providing regular updates as to the progress of the project. When issues arose, Mike called us right away to discuss the issue and come up with an appropriate solution. He was always looking out for our best interests and we felt comfortable trusting Mike and his crew to take care of our home and treat it like it was their own. They also replaced baseboards for us and were very detail oriented to make it match and flow with the parts of the house that were not having work done. We would definitely hire his team again in the future.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bath Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling