Allen Young Movers

Founded 1968 • With Angi since October 2001

P.O. Box 351

Dedham, MA 02027

Allen Young Movers, Inc. has been in the Massachusetts moving business since 1968. As an Arpin affiliated mover, we are able to provide service for Local, Out of State and International as well as Packing and Storage. Customized estimates are provided for both local and long distance moves by having a professional move consultant come to your home to conduct a move inventory, and create a no-obligation price quote. Complete the form above and an Arpin representative will contact you shortly....

10/21/2015

Judy M.

Description of Work
They moved four rooms of furniture from the third floor apartment to the second floor apartment. Also about 15 boxes full of everything. They were very fast and neat and they also set up my bedroom set and tv stand. Very nice men there were two of them and it took 3 hours. I would use them again.

Paul M.

It was a mixed experience. They loaded the truck perfectly. The person that managed that aspect of the move did an excellent job! However, the unloading was done very poorly. The were in an obvious hurry, and we should have stopped them. They damaged a victorola that I had previously paid quite a bit to get refinished. For quality and professionalism grades, I would give the loading an A and the unloading a D. There was no follow-up or attempt to resolve the situation.

Description of Work
I had them move us from Philadelphia to Charleston.

Terry M.

Description of Work
Not a good experience! We have heirloom quality furniture and every piece had some level of damage, just beat up. Plus chipped glass tables, broke lamps, missing furniture and we even ended up with some items that weren’t ours.

Category moving companies

Hi [member name removed], We're sorry to hear about the experience you had. Please send your registration number and name on the account to "socialmedia@arpin.com" so we can look into this for you. We believe another agent moved your shipment and not Allen Young Movers. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and please let us know at your earliest convenience.

chris J.

Description of Work
I hired them for a move, and they did a pretty good job.

David O.

Description of Work
We hired them for a move. They were right on time and on budget – they were awesome! There was a slight issue with the offloading (they scratched the hardwood floor with the dolly), but other than that it went well.

11/24/2014

Susan R.

It went wonderful. I could direct them with each piece and box and belonging to the appropriate area of the house or if it stayed in the garage. They assembled the pieces that required it. No breakage or damage. I missed checking off 1 box, but it was found before they left ? my mistake. They were very friendly and communicative. Worked faster than I could keep up with at times, but it all got accomplished and I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Moved furniture and belongings (boxes etc) from moving truck to the house and garage. Assembled a computer desk and a bed frame and book case. Set up bed with mattresses.

11/24/2014

Wayne C.

Excellent. Always on time and work very hard. Very flexible on what they will do to get the job done on time. Travel time is worth it if they aren't clsoe to you . you make it up in how they hussle and work in time constrauined situations.

Description of Work
I have used this firm for multiple moves including a home move and moves to and out of storage.

Beatrice F.

They did exactly what they said they would do. The actual cost is usually less than the estimate. The crew is always up beat and nice. They are beyond amazing. They are wonderful to work with.

Description of Work
We have had three moves with them.

Laurie S.

We received several bids and theirs was the lowest. We packed the house ourselves and they moved the furniture. They delivered a week later than anticipated but it was not a problem because we had living arrangements. It was a very good experience.

Description of Work
They moved us from Missouri to Arizona.

Larry M.

We had a good experience with them. They were very flexible, willing to adjust what they were doing and did so with no hesitation.

Description of Work
They moved us from Tennessee to Michigan. The move was complicated because it was in the middle of a really bad winter.

Jill H.

Everything went pretty well. One thing I wasn’t thrilled with was they took the full time to arrive which was in the contract but meant we were in a hotel for a full week. When they packed us up it took eight hours instead of the four that our loft had allotted them for because one of the employees was sick. They were trustworthy and very pleasant.

Description of Work
They moved us from Michigan to Florida.

Douglas B.

They packed us up, loaded the trucks and brought it to our new residence. They unpacked and helped us set things up. They did a great job and were very friendly.

Description of Work
They moved us from California to Texas.

Robert A.

They are excellent. We have been very pleased with their service.

Description of Work
We used them a number of times over the past thirty years. They moved us from Long Island to Delaware. They did three moves in one for us, sending some of our things to our son's and to their storage facility.

Category moving companies, storage units

Freda D.

The movers were exceptional. They took very special care to make sure everything was wrapped properly and made sure to move things in a way to ensure nothing was scratched or damaged. I wrote a special letter of thank you to the employee I worked with.

Description of Work
They moved me from Massachusetts to South Carolina.

11/20/2014

mARGIE K.

They got here early and put everything away perfectly. They did not make any messes. The service went very well.

Description of Work
They did an out of state move for me.

08/25/2014

Marsha G.

Nothing happened....I never even received a quote. They also felt it would take 2 days to do the job (from the in-home visit conversation) whereas the other companies I spoke with (3 others) felt it could be accomplished in one day.

Description of Work
The provider scheduled an appointment to review the job at my home....approximately 3 weeks after my initial contact. They said they were too busy to come earlier. I never received a quote from them. I got the impression they were not interested in my business. I had used this company 3 times before and been very satisfied with their work. I was very disappointed this time.

Category moving companies

I apologize for not providing a quote after my survey of your home. I wish you the best and great success with your move to Cape Cod Sincerely, Marty Hanley, President

06/27/2014

Patricia G.

21From the first, moving coordinator, worked with both facilities, as coordinate the moves efficiently, and without any problems with both facilities. Both facilities were very happy with both the coordinator of the company, and the moving staff. It was done seamlessly. Very happy with the professionalism of the job. I would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
My disabled sister's furniture and personal belongins were moved from an Assisted Living facility to a skilled nursing facility. The movers were professional and respectful throughout the process. Some of her items were moved to the facility and some were stored at their warehouse, for safe keeping.

06/06/2014

David G.

It was fine. What stood out was the satisfaction.

Category moving companies

Thanks for the "A" review!!

11/08/2013

George M.

I contacted them on their website for an estimate on moving us. They never responded.

Description of Work
Nothing--that was the problem.

04/28/2013

David G.

I had used this Co. Over ten years ago and all went well. After some frustration with various movers regarding estimates that were ridiculous i. e. nickeled and dimmed you to death after giving you an hourly rate. I look thru my files and called Allen Young. I got a move date the same week, they came when they said they would, with 3 crew members who knew they're business, the functioned like a well oiled machine, transferred my items from home to truck wrapping and taping as needed. Drove to my storage facility and unpacked items just as efficiently . And when the time came to pay it was the quoted hourly flat rate with no foolishness. I cannot tell you how much this experience reduced my stress level.

Description of Work
Moved items from home to storage.

02/14/2013

Joyce S.

They did us very well. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
4 Years ago they moved us from one location to next.

07/23/2007

Ted Edward B.

They were very prompt. They showed up exactly when we wanted them to. They took great care of everything and worked hard to get everything done. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They moved us from the Back Bay to our new house in Wayland.

12/03/2002

ADELE P.

I WILL DEFINITELY NOT USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN. TWO OF THE MOVERS WERE EXCELLENT - VERY COMPETENT AND VERY CARING. THE THIRD MOVER AND DRIVER WERE AVERAGE - THIS 3RD MOVER TIPPED OVER MY BOOKCASE WITH ALL SHELVES STILL IN SO SHELVES CRASHED TO FLOOR & TRIED TO FIT MY DESK IN THROUGH DOORWAY ALTHOUGH COMPETENT MOVER HAD TOLD HIM IT WOULDN'T FIT. THEY BROKE MY TABLE'S PEDESTAL WHICH I HAD MOVED 3 TIMES, THE LAST TIME FROM NEW ORLEANS TO BOSTON WITHOUT A SCRATCH. I HAD PERSONALLY ASKED EACH MOVER & DRIVER TO BE CAREFUL AS IT WAS FRAGILE. TABLE ALSO WAS OF GREAT SENTIMENTAL VALUE TO ME AS MY GRANDFATHER DESIGNED AND BUILT THE TABLE & PEDESTAL HIMSELF. THE COMPETENT MOVERS WERE UPSET IT WAS BROKEN BUT DRIVER & RECEPTIONIST ATTITUDE WAS ''SO WHAT? IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.'' THEY DID REPAIR IT, BUT REPAIRER THREW HIS SCREWDRIVER AND HIT THE BOTTOM OF TABLE TOP. THE 5TH FINIAL TO MY 4-POSTER BED WAS THROWN INTO MY OFFICE DESK DRAWER WHICH WAS THREE DOORS AWAY FROM BEDROOM WITHOUT TELLING ME.

Description of Work
MOVING FURNITURE AND BOXES FROM MY CONDO TO MY NEW HOUSE

03/06/2002

JOHN D.

THEY WERE OUTSTANDING, WE HAVE MOVED 14 TIMES AND THIS WAS THE BEST.

Description of Work
MOVED FURNITURE/LOCAL MOVE

10/12/2001

Beth G.

IT WAS WONDERFUL, VERY RELIABLE, VERY EFFICIENT. I HAVE GREATEST REGARD FOR THEM.

Description of Work
THEY PACKED US UP, MOVED EVERYTHING, UNPACKED, AND THEN TOOK AWAY THE PACKAGING.

Stairhopper Movers

Stairhopper Movers is proud to be Boston full service moving and storage company the of choice for many discerning customers, both residential and commercial. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured so you'll have no worries about safety and reliability. (MDPU # 31321, DOT # 1696867, MC # 623045). Stairhopper Movers is a valued member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A + rating!! We also have been awarded Best of Boston in 2006 - 2007 and in 2010, Talk Of The Town awarded us "Excellence in Customer Satisfaction"- 5 star rating. We are specialized in: Local and Long Distance Moves, Residential and Commercial Moves, House / Apartments moves, Assisted Living Relocation, Corporate, Office Moves, Short and Long Term Storage in our Secure and Climate Controlled Storage Facility, Professional Packing and Unpacking Services, Loading and Unloading Services, Free Estimates, Packing Materials Delivery. We know that a successful move starts with one simple call. We take upon the responsibility of moving your goods so you can concentrate on more important things in life. We offer highly competitive rates and a variety of professional moving services. Every single member of our team will take pride in moving you to a new company location or residential property and every relocation we do gets unique attention and the highest quality customer service.

Flash Moving & Storage

Flash Moving Company offers commercial, residential, local, and long-distance moving services. As well as packing, POD loading/unloading, inside move and storage services. No unexpected surprises or extra charges. Only high-quality moving and custom service.

Mini Moves And More Inc

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce Mini Moves and More, Inc. We are a full service moving company that offers a wide range of services from in-home furniture re-arranging to large home re-locations. Our crews are well-trained in how to wrap furniture, pack boxes, move furniture, load trucks, load storage units and, most importantly, how to conduct themselves in a professional manner. We are a family run business that has been servicing the Greater Boston area since 2003.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, Discover

Moving, storage, packing & unpacking. We also provide Long distance and International service