Petro Home Services

Founded 1903 • With Angi since August 2008

4.1

295 Eastern Ave

Chelsea, MA 02150

We're America’s #1 local home heating oil and total home comfort services provider (heating, cooling, plumbing, & chimney). With over 100 years experience, we know how to keep you comfortable, safe and help you save on energy costs. Our local 24/7 customer service and support means automatic heating oil deliveries and our service response is always fast. We never run out of heating oil plus our pricing and payment plans are designed to help you manage your costs all year round. Experience the Petro difference today!...

06/11/2020

shaun M.

We recently had Walter Haley from Petro Home Services come to our home to do an annual service on our furnace. He explained to us that our chimney was a mess and that he had to shut the hot water off until we got it fixed, no problem. We just had the chimney fixed and Walter came back to finish the initial tune up and we couldn't be happier with his service. This is the 2nd year he has serviced our furnace and he even stayed to make sure the pressure didn't go to high. Walter is a fabulous person and a great face of Petro Home Services. We will be requesting him year after year. Also we are very pleased with Petro overall. Friendly, courteous and very helpful.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, heating oil companies

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We always appreciate customer feedback and you sharing your experiences with us. Thank you for choosing us as your service provider! Best, Petro Home Services

01/07/2019

Christopher L.

Oil delivery was sporadic and I ran out of oil completely several times in the past year. Annual maintenance used to be something they scheduled in the late summer, but now one has to chase them to get them to honor the contract. Customer service has very long wait times and I have found that the representatives were discourteous and even rude. After 40 years as a customer, I have cancelled their services.

Description of Work
Regular oil delivery and furnace maintenance

05/17/2018

Jon M.

I've been a customer for a number of years, but I think they've changed management. They always used to be so cordial when you called and they'd pick up within minutes of putting you on hold. Now it's at least a 15 minute wait before anyone picks up. Last fall I had an issue and they came out to check out. Quote me one price for that service then charged me double +. Scheduled two deliveries last winter and was running low. First one they said they'd be there within 3 days. They didn't show. Called again. Promised next day. Didn't show. Finally after a week and numerous calls I got a delivery. They also tried to charge me a late fee on payment. Unbelievable. I'm still considering my options.

Description of Work
Propane deliveries

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, propane sales

Hello, We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. We were experiencing heavy call volume in January due to the temperatures. We did make the delivery and rest assured you have a monitor on your tank so you don't run out of propane. When we came out to check the unit we found it needed a tune up which caused extra charges. You called spoke to our Field Supervisor and was given an adjustment. We hope this helps

01/17/2018

Giusi I.

Atlas Glen-mor I’ll give you the quick facts on Atlas Glen-mor if you have time please read the full history below. Facts • I used to pay a premium price for auto-refills. Despite this, Atlas Glen-mor let my tank run out of oil during the coldest week we have had in New England for years. • I was put on hold for 45 minutes each time I called Atlas Glen-mor (I had to call at least 8 times in the span of 24 hours). • Atlas Glen-mor didn’t care that I have two kids (ages 5 and 8) and that we had to leave our home because temperatures reached 31 F inside the house. • Atlas Glen-mor will not give you a time estimate when they will come to your house. Furthermore, they do not call the second phone number on file, if you don’t answer their first and only call to let you know they are coming to your house. • Our basement pipes froze and a pipe in my living room broke, due to my house not having heat for days during the coldest week in New England. I had to pay close to $1,000 for a plumber to come at 11pm Saturday night to fix my broken pipes. There is damage in my living room floor, basement ceiling and wall. All due to the fact that Atlas Glen-mor left me with no oil and “couldn’t” get me service on the same day. • Atlas Glen-mor never came to prime my system, I had to pay $200 for “emergency service” to another oil company that sent someone 2 hours after I called for help, while Atlas Glen-mor, my oil company for the past 8 years, didn’t send someone for over 48 hours. • Bottom line: as a result of Atlas Glen-mor’s incompetence and negligence, my kids and I had to leave our home for 4 full days and I had to spend thousands of dollars simply because Atlas Glen-mor let my tank run out of oil. Atlas Glen-mor has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The Full Story On Tuesday January 02, 2018 I ran out of oil. After 45 minutes on hold waiting to speak to my oil company, Atlas Glen-mor, I was informed the earliest I could get service was Friday (2 days later). When I told them that I ran out of oil they, told me I was already in the schedule to get a refill on Wednesday. I want to emphasize: they agreed to an oil refill only because I was already on their schedule, not because they let my tank run out of oil or because I have two kids (5 and 8) and it was the coldest week in New England. Finally, Wednesday afternoon, a driver comes and fills up my tank, but to my surprise he doesn’t know how to prime it so now I had oil but still no heat. After another 45 minutes on hold, I was told the earliest they could come was Friday, even though I told them my kids and myself had to leave my house since temperatures had dropped too low to stay (31 F inside the house). I asked if they could give me a time frame on Friday, so I could make sure to be there, their answer was “NO, we will call you.” Then I asked: can you let me know 20 minutes before coming so I can make sure I get there? Their answer was “we will call you before going to your home” period. So, Wednesday night the kids and I had to leave our home, Friday morning comes and I get a message from my husband saying he has a missed call on his cell phone. Sure enough, it was the oil company—they didn’t call me, they called my husband. I rushed home only to have missed them by 10 minutes (according to my neighbor) so I called again and after 45 minutes on hold the lady tells me I missed the service visit and that now I had to wait until Monday to get someone to my house to prime. At this point I was crying on the phone, asking her why they called my husband’s cell phone and not mine, and if they didn’t get an answer why didn’t they call my cell phone if both numbers are on file. She replied “we don’t have time to call another number.” I started calling other oil companies around my area, to my surprise they all answered the phone on the spot—no waiting times. One company tells me they have an emergency service and they could come prime it that same afternoon and they would call me 20 – 25 minutes before coming so I would have enough time to get there. I am not their customer and they treated me 100% better than my oil company for the last 8 years. I had to pay them $200 for a service that’s included with my oil company, but at least I got my heat again Friday night. The house was so cold (31 F inside) that we couldn’t stay, we had to sleep out of our home another night. We came back Saturday afternoon to find that the pipes in my basement had frozen and a pipe in my living room broke. Now we have water in our living room, the basement ceiling broke and we have water in our finished basement too. We had to call a plumber that stayed with us until 2am Sunday, helping us repair and unfreeze our pipes. I had to pay him close to $1,000 and I still don’t know how much is the cost for all the damage to my basement ceiling and walls. In summary, during one of the coldest storms in NE history, every company apart from Atlas Glen-mor was trying to help people that were not even their loyal customers, while my company for the last 8 years treated me as an afterthought, and in the process caused thousands of dollars in damage to my house. THANK YOU Atlas Glen-mor for the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Description of Work
oil services

01/15/2018

Lynda C.

Hold times on customer service lines were anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes, assuming you could get through and weren't disconnected and forced to call back and wait again. Once I got through, "customer service" reps were rude. I can understand stressed and busy, but rude and insulting is unacceptable. I have been a customer for years with automatic delivery that didn't get delivered. I am also disabled, which I verified is noted in their computer, yet fuel wasn't delivered and I ran out. I was given no guarantees as to when I would receive fuel, and I was told that I would have to pay a "service fee" to have my burner restarted after fuel was delivered!!! I also have a "service" contract for that burner. When fuel finally arrived, after I managed to get "emergency" service from another company who answered their phones in 60 SECONDS, was willing to deliver an emergency 10 gallons to carry us through the night, and provide a tech to start the burner to a non-customer, I was charged $3.999 per gallon for my fuel!! My neighbor was charged $2.89 from his regular company the same day and my mother-in-law was only charged $2.67. I can understand a BIT of difference in charge, but that was ridiculous!! The field staff is always pleasant and professional, but the customer service staff is sorely understaffed and under trained in "SERVICE." Delays and company issues can be explained politely, without arrogance and rudeness.

Description of Work
Fuel delivery

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

We want to thank you very much for being our customer and extend my personal apologies for the recent interruption of heat to your home. We very much understand the inconvenience this caused and I want to assure you that this situation is not acceptable for us. Please know that we are working hard to doing everything we can to ensure that this does not happen again. As you know, the extreme winter weather conditions that we have experienced in recent weeks are unprecedented in our area. The record setting temperatures created a unique set of challenges for our industry as a whole. Throughout this period our team worked tirelessly to serve our customers as best as we can. Unfortunately, this does not change the fact that we let you down and for that we are truly sorry.

01/09/2018

JONATHAN F.

We have used Atlas Glen-Mor for over two years. Recently, our tank was running low. Normally, they come automatically to refill the tank. This time, I was concerned that we were going to run out before our next refill so I tried to call the company. I called for 5 straight days, often staying on hold for hours. I called every number on their website - sales, service, customer support - no answer. Eventually, when the tank reached empty, I started filling it myself with diesel until I could get another company to come out. I understand that they were stretched this because of the frigid weather, but this was just a total breakdown. If I hadn’t been able to fill the tank myself with a 5-gallon can and trips to the gas station, we would have lost heat when it was 10 degrees out. I still haven’t been able to get through to them to cancel my service.

Description of Work
Heating Oil Delivery

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, propane sales, heating oil companies

01/06/2018

Scott S.

I had a service contract with Atlas Glenmor and they did not honor the contract. We have been a customer for three months and not once have they shown up on time to deliver oil. We have had two deliveries from them and both were late and as a result my boiler ran dry of oil and had to be serviced and it is about to happen a third time. My wife and myself have called Atlas Glenmor for five days and still no one has had the decency to call us back or even come to provide us with heating oil to heat our home. I have had to put diesel fuel in the oil tank myself to keep our heating system operational. By far the worst oil company we have ever dealt with.

Description of Work
I needed my oil tank to be filled

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

Please accept our sincerest apology for the recent interruption of heat to your home. We hope that you give us a try again the future.

01/04/2018

Ken C.

sucked they came later than promised

Description of Work
normal oil delivery and service and tank replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

Spoke to [Member Name Removed] and extended our sincerest apology for the recent problem Have confidence that we will do everything within our power to ensure that this inconvenient situation does not happen again.

01/04/2018

Allison S.

I have been on an automatic-payment plan with this company for 25 years. Their service has been going downhill, but at no time more dramatically than tonight. After hearing on the TV news that customers were worried about their oil-tank levels pending a major snowstorm, I checked my own tank and found it almost empty. I've never had to check the tank before; Atlas Glen-mor has always delivered in a timely way. I frantically placed a call to their alleged 24/7 number: THEY KEPT ME ON HOLD FOR THREE HOURS AND THEN DISCONNECTED ME! I am probably going to run out of oil -- and therefore heat -- before they get to me, especially as they've made certain that no one can get through to them. Going to have to switch companies after this stressful experience is over. They shouldn't have let the tank run so low in the first place and should have provided customer service, ESPECIALLY under these weather conditions.

Description of Work
Need oil refill night before blizzard; tank almost empty!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Please accept our sincerest apology for the recent interruption of heat to your home. Have confidence that we will do everything within our power to ensure that this inconvenient situation does not happen again. We will be in touch with you shortly.

01/02/2018

Sean B.

I've had enough and am switching to my previous oil provider. They never forgot to fill my tank in the middle of winter.

Description of Work
I've been with the company for three years now, and they've missed filling my tank 3 times even though I'm on autofill and have asked them to fill my tank early. Also, you have to wait on hold for a long time (between 5 to 30 minutes) each time you have to call them.

Category heating oil companies

Please accept our sincerest apology for the recent interruption of heat to your home. Please give us a try in the future.

01/02/2018

Patrick M.

They failed to fill up our tank despite being on an autofill program. We ran out of propane Christmas Eve. We called immediately, were given the run around, finally told late in the day that no one would deliver to us until the next morning. Christmas morning - no delivery. Called repeatedly, told someone would call us back, no one did. Finally received a delivery at around 5pm Christmas night. Then offered $25 off our $400+ bill for our inconvenience. Didn't even come close to covering what I spent on space heaters to keep my young kids warm.

Description of Work
They provide propane to heat our house, fuel our hot water heater and our fireplace, and fuel our stove/oven.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair, propane sales, heating oil companies

01/01/2018

Peggy B.

New Year’s eve and day no heat; I spent 45 minutes on the phone waiting for service department before I was able to speak with someone. I explained that due to this unusually cold weather I was concerned that my oil would run out. They said they would deliver on Monday New Year’s Day. But I had no heat it was 1 degree outside don’t have any idea about windchill,m but my house was down to 47 degrees in some rooms. They said that a service person would be there in the AM and they did come at 9 AM started system but only had 10 gallons. I have been trying to find out when the oil delivery truck would arrive. I was told sometime today and that they had no idea when and could not contact the driver to find out. I have been calling and waiting for assistance to no avail. I asked to speak to the manager who was unavailable. I have spent thousands of dollars on oil and the fact that nothing can be expired is ridiculous. My house will use 10 gallons up before nightfall. I have a contract with them which I feel that have not fulfilled. It has been over 24 hours since I made my call and days since I originally contacted them on December 30 2017.

Description of Work
Oil delivery

01/01/2018

Peggy B.

I was fortunate to use Angies list call the vendor and receive accurate information. Everything was completed at 9:30 this morning as arranged but no slip was left at my home. The office or whomever I called was not update. I could hardly believe that they had not followed through as planned. My house is still cold but the weather is 4 degrees and that is not with the windchill. I am cold but now a 35 year happy customer.

Description of Work
Ran out oil

07/05/2017

Don K.

Their prices are great. They are customer service oriented. We stick with them because they are very reasonable. That's what attracts us to them. They are excellent. We've never has a problem with them. They are the best. They set the unit up in the house and it's an old house. They tell us what they've done. They are very professional and always available.

Description of Work
Annual tune up.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to rate our company on Angie's List. We value your patronage and look forward to servicing your home for years to come.

06/22/2017

Pamela M.

I am a new homeowner and that's who they had so I kind of stuck with Atlas Glenn Moore. I signed up for their service plan and their oil for a year -- they talked me into it. I was completely scre*ed by these people. I had no heat for two days and they left me with no heat for two days. They did not come when they said they would. I was not happy with their service.

Description of Work
For heating I used Atlas Glenn Moore Heating. They did a tune up.

05/11/2017

Phyllis B.

They were very good. They were excellent. I liked the guy and they did not over charge me. They did the job in a timely manner and I would use them again.

Description of Work
They replaced my AC unit

05/04/2017

Richard S.

They spent over 4 hour and did a very thorough job. Total cost with 3 service plans was $304. The price did not include new air filters for the A\C. I was also nice that one person could clean and service both the Gas Heater and the A\C systems and complete the job in one visit.

Description of Work
Atlas Glen-mor performed cleaning service on our Gas Heater and 2 A\C systems.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for choosing Atlas Glen-mor to heat and cool your home. We pride ourselves on delivering the best service to our customers at the most affordable rate, and are pleased to hear that you're satisfied.

05/02/2017

JoAnn C.

They have been mine for the 34 years I have been here. You can give them all A's across. I would always use them. That is basically how I am. If someone is good at what they do I will continue to use them.

Description of Work
They are an oil company.

04/08/2017

David C.

I have a contract with them for my furnace. They're great. I'm on a payment plan with them for the year. The price is excellent. They called me the day they were coming and we were just about out of oil.

Description of Work
They deliver my heat oil.

03/29/2017

Cory B.

We signed a one year contract to receive automatic oil delivery and it included a burner tune up and 24 hour service for the first year. They never cleaned or maintained our burner and tried to charge us $179 for the service protection. When I called to schedule my cleaning they Saif my contract was over (by 5 days) and was no longer entitled to the cleaning that they were supposed to do the previous year.

Description of Work
Automatic oil delivery and an oil burner tune up.

03/13/2017

LISA S.

We have been using them since 1999. Ever since we have been in this house. It's automatic. They've taken good care of us. They've done a good job maintaining our equipment. There's been no reason to change. Good service. I have a service contract in case in the middle of the night on Sunday I realize there's no heat, they'll come. I have not done much in comparing the price as I should.

Description of Work
They did my annual cleaning.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Angie's List community. Thank you for continuing to choose Atlas Glen-mor.

02/15/2017

tim C.

I get my oil through them. I also have their plan where it comes with 24x7 guaranteed maintenance. The labor is covered and many of the parts are covered. It also comes with one free annual boiler service. So they come and clean things out, tighten things, lubricate it and inspect it. The price was waived the first year, as part of a promotion to become a new customer. The standard rate is $199. To me, it has already been worth it. For example, the little motor on the boiler blew out and the heat shut off. They came out the same day and because I had that agreement, the actual replacement motor was covered and the labor was covered. So it would have been at least a few hundred dollars, for the service call and the motor, if not more and I didn't have to pay a dime. They were always late for their appointments, so much so that a couple of times, it was four hours after they were supposed to be there and I was like, "Listen, I can't keep waiting around at home." I'm fortunate because I work from home, but if I was someone else that took a long lunch or took time off, they would be probably pretty upset. Their responsiveness was not very good. Once they were here they did a good job and they were friendly and professional and worked well. The problem was getting them here on time.

Description of Work
I get my oil through Atlas Glenn Moore and they also do full service and maintenance.

02/14/2017

Geoffery A.

Price of oil very high. Service technicians are very good.

Description of Work
Service call because of no heat.

10/29/2016

Kevin K.

Tech did not show up on day 1. On day 2, tech showed up at 7:30 after missing 10 AM appointment, without calling or any notification. Tech recommended $550 in replacement parts. On detailed questioning, only half of that was required. Tech stated replacement of perfectly good parts was necessary.

Description of Work
Oil boiler repair

08/02/2016

Elizabeth C.

Once a year, they come out and check the oil burner and if we have any problems, we have 24 service and they come and take care of whatever is wrong. We are long time users and don't plan to switch.

Description of Work
We use Atlas Glen-Mor. They are our fuel supplier and maintenance people. This morning, they filled the oil tank.