AbriamBarkerCarpentry

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2017

Hello, I am the owner and operator of a Boston based Remodeling company. I have three full time employees, reliable sub-contractors and all the appropriate licenses and insurances. I prefer the the billing procedure to be a made of three payments unless the job is smaller. I do offer financing options also....

Michael J Hynes Auto Repair

Michael J Hynes Auto Repair

Hynes Auto Repair was founded in 1959 by Michael J. Hynes Sr. We service the Boston, Brookline, Chestnut Hill areas. We are a direct referral shop for all major insurance companies. Now a third generation family business, we continue to provide outstanding customer service emphasizing excellence in auto body work. Our certified technicians and office personnel are second to none with a policy to treat each vehicle as if it were our own. Complete auto body, collision and painting services. We pride ourselves in personalized service.

01/19/2017

So very pleased with the work Abe and his team did rebuilding the front porch of our 1890's home. All aspects; demo, footings, inspections, design details, working with existing structures, respecting the budget, and communication were seamless, quick and efficient. While I'm thrilled with our new porch, I'm just as happy to have found an honest, reliable, skilled carpenter for future projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt a the lower level of a two story front porch and deck

CATEGORY decks

Thanks [Member Name Removed], You were very on-point with the whole process. I recall the job costing $9,100.00

01/09/2017

This project had a lot of technical challenges from the start. Abe did a fantastic job interfacing and communicating with a structural engineer to design and implement a very clever framing plan which allowed my roofdeck to float above the existing roof and post down through the foundation of the house. As part of the process, Abe attended a city of Somerville hearing with me, presented the projec...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation/structural support work + roofdeck construction on top of a historic 1915 home

CATEGORY contractors,decks

Thanks [Removed Member Name] , I was impressed with your proficient interpretation of business ethics.

01/09/2017

Abe’s pricing was competitive but more important to me was the fact that he was so easy to work with. I asked if I could have more detail on the contract. No problem. I asked if he could power wash the gutters when the job is done? Also not a problem. And so on. Abe was great about cleaning up the worksite at the end of each day and also used a heavy duty magnet on the property to catch any of the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Abe and crew did an outstanding job replacing my roof and taking care of all the related work. This included installing new flashing, which also involved stripping and replacing (and repainting) the shingles above the flashing. Abe also installed new rake boards and painted them to match the rest of the house.

CATEGORY remodeling,roofing

Thank You [Member Name Removed], I really appreciated your respect for honesty.

01/09/2017

All Abe's work is outstanding and holds up to the test of time. He uses high quality materials, sound structural engineering, good common sense, and always shows a respect for the homeowner's space. Abe is also amazingly creative: when encountering the inevitable problems, Abe always comes up with the most clever solutions. Above all, Abe is 100% honest. His bids are always highly competitive (oft...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Abe has done many jobs for me over the last 14 years. The jobs have ranged from extensive house remodels to minor roof repairs. The first job involved a complete gut-rehab of a small single-family house in Cambridge. Abe removed the entire roof because there had been a fire in the house. He installed four sky-lights, sistered all the rafters with structural-grade lumber, put down 3/4" plywood decking and a vapor barrier, and installed new shingles. He did an awesome job on flashing the sky-lights, using much better materials and methods than the ones that come standard with the skylight kit. The skylights have been installed over 14 years ago and they have never leaked. Abe also re-sided the house in stunning clear cedar. He installed a new kitchen window, framing up the hole slightly larger than the previous window opening, installing a structural king-stud to support the window. During the installation, as a precaution, he buttress supported the side of the house to make sure the wall didnt' come crashing down. Abe also installed a small 20 square foot mudroom by the kitchen door. His design was ingenious, taking advantage of a small crawl-space to make an area to house the recycling box. I was very impressed by his work ethic: Abe showed up to work early (before sunrise) and left very late (often after 7pm), just to make sure the project got finished on schedule despite a number of unexpected discoveries (such as the fact that the roof needed to be rebuilt not just reshingled: when we started the project it was clear that the shingles needed replacing, but it wasn't clear that there had been structural damage from a decades-old fire that was now causing grief). Abe also did some finish carpentry in the kitchen and built a cabinet for our bathroom. He also installed another new window on the upstairs landing. In my second house, Abe replaced the roof and in the process he discovered some ant damage to the fascia boards and window trim around the mansard-style window boxes. He re-did all the finish wood trim, using clear primed pine, and painted it to match the rest of the house. Also, one winter we had nasty flooding because of ice dams. Abe came out in very cold temperatures and released the ice dams, saving us thousands of dollars in possible damage to the ceilings of the house. Abe has also done fairly small jobs such as cleaning the gutters in both houses.

CATEGORY remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed], You were my second customer when I went into business back in July of 2003. I appreciate how you are a Maverick when it comes to implementing an idea into whatever obstacles that confront you in life. However I have done far more than $15,000 worth of work for you. I'd say in the course of 14 years, the figure is closer to $30,000.

01/09/2017

All jobs went smoothly. When there were any questions or alterations, Abe listened and complied. What makes Abe so good is his honesty, interest in the work , people skills , creativity, listening skills and his talent at building.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Renovation of a raw to finished attic and basement, renovating closet, replacing windows., banisters and decks built.

CATEGORY auto body repair,decks,remodeling,woodworking,basement remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed], You allowed a lot of creativity to be delivered on your house. Although, the cost for all that work over the span of 10 years is closer to $45,000.

I provide a versatile remodeling service which encompasses all of Residential remodeling and Commercial remodeling. We specialize in Additions, Kitchen and Bathroom remodels, Decks, Window and Door replacements.