MICHAEL'S CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY

Chelmsford, MA 01824

Upholstery...

06/04/2015

Carol B.

Description of Work
They reupholstered 6 dining room chairs for one of my sisters. She also purchased the fabric from their books. They did the work on fairly short notice to meet an Easter deadline and the chairs looked excellent. I was with her when we visited the shop and picked out the fabric.

12/18/2014

Linda L.

Description of Work
I contacted Michael to repair the underside of an upholstered chair which my kittens had torn. He fit in my small job within a day, replacing the flimsy underside fabric with a durable denim material. It's remained impervious to the kittens after 2 months. I brought the chair in the morning and picked it up at the end of the day. Prompt, responsive and courteous. I felt price was very reasonable.

08/12/2013

Rose G O.

Completely understood the color changes I was seeking. Gave me 5 books for fabrics - and they couldn't have been a better match. Found fabric for all items; all well coordinated. Offered knowledgeable advice about the worthiness of the items to be recovered and excellent comments on fabric questions. Very responsive, friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Reupholster 5 chairs and an ottoman. Actually the work isn't even done yet, but Mike is so good I'm confident it will be a top notch job (will report back if not, of course).

06/03/2013

Janet C.

I called to ask him if he could perform this service. He said he could. I explained that I needed the work completed in a short timeframe. He said he would do everything possible to meet my deadline - AND HE DID! He stayed open late to let me select a new fabric. He was extremely helpful in that selection process - offering good advice and options throughout. His work was done in a timely manner. His work is of the highest quality. He was pleasant and esy to work with. I would not hesitate to work with him again. I would be happy to recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Michael re-upholstered my 6 dining room chairs.

02/16/2012

Joan T K.

He does excellent work! He has lots of fabric samples there, on site, so you can do all your shopping right there, which is very convenient, or if you have your own fabric he will tell you how much yardage you need. He is the only person working there so when you call you might have to leave a message, but he will return your call as soon as possible.

Description of Work
I have used their services twice, once to recover an ornately carved wood chair, and again, more recently, he recovered two window bench cushions.

04/22/2011

KIMBERLEY H.

Amazing. Michael is an artist. Michael centered the patterned fabric perfectly and somehow managed to recover the entire sofa in not a huge piece of textile. He warned me that since the textile was old, it would eventually separate along the seams in areas. I was aware of this, but pleased that he mentioned it. We addressed the inevitability of the issue by Michael placing a strong black textile under the antique one so that separations are not glaringly obvious. His price was good. I have paid more for lesser quality work. Michael has my highest recommendation. He is doing a chair for me now. I will always go back to him. He's an honest guy as well as very gifted in his field of work.

Description of Work
Michael removed the old upholstery and recovered my antique, wood-framed sofa in an antique paisley textile.