Chelmsford Lock & Key Inc

Founded 1966 • With Angi since July 2010

PO Box 163

Chelmsford, MA 01824

From items as simple as a door cylinder replacement, to the installation of high end architectural hardware and accent pieces, you can know that Chelmsford Lock & Key, Inc. will give you the same quality installation your friends and neighbors have come to trust. Started in 1965, Chelmsford Lock & Key, Inc. has been helping commercial and residential customers in the Essex area and Middle Essex county to protect their valuables through outstanding service, and high quality work. We are proud to present Merrimack Valley Lock & Key as a division of Chelmsford Lock & Key, Inc. In addition to the manufacturer's warranty that comes with each product we sell or install, we also back it up with a warranty of our own, so you can feel confident that no matter what you purchase, it will stand up to the test of time. Additional service area: Portions of Boxford Counties...

02/22/2018

Tracy C.

Service was excellent. Quality job! Same day service as my phone call! Very satisfied Would recommend to anyone. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
We had a broken key in a lock.

10/30/2017

Gerard C.

Excellent. Showed up when scheduled. Work quickly. Clean up after himself. Reasonably priced. Could not ask for more.

Description of Work
Re-keyed thrre locks and added two deadbolts.

08/30/2017

bonnie H.

Poorly. I told Michael Lanseigne that I wasn't happy with the installation. The keys didn't turn easily as they did in my previous home. The key is very difficult to get into the front door. The round disk that the key is inserted through has to be held steadily in place while the key is shimmied up and down to remove it from the door. When I put the key in the garage service door, it just turns round and round but nothing happens. He offered to refund my money and begged me not to write a negative review on Angie's List as that is where he had gotten all his customer's from. I told him that I didn't want my money back and that I just wanted my locks installed properly. I called him today, he said I treated him poorly, would never come to my house again, was rude, wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise and then hung up on me. During the one way conversation he said that they weren't his product implying that I should have purchased the product from him, and, if he knew of any problems at the time, he should have made me aware. After the unsatisfactory installation, I was angry. He offered to give me my money back, however, I told him that I just wanted my locks installed properly. He didn't refund my money. His webpage also claims that the business is Better Business Accredited, however, I cannot find this business listed on the Better Business Bureau webpage. The business offers NO GUARANTEES on their work.

Description of Work
When I moved to New Hampshire, I brought the high security Medeco locks that I had from my previous residence and hired Michael to install them in my new home. The locks cost $1199.62, it is illegal for copies of the keys to be made and I purchased them from vflock.com located at 117 Town Center Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406.

Category locksmith

I installed [Member Name Removed]'s Used locks 3 and 1/2 years and everything worked well, she mentioned that the inside thumb turn had play in it and i explained that it was normal for that lock. one of the latches on her locks needed to be replace and as I did not sell them to her i could not warranty them so she ordered a replacement latch and when I billed her for the additional labor she was upset, so to keep the peace I returned her second check uncashed and that was the last time I heard from her until yesterday when she demanded I return and repair her locks. These are Medeco high security locks and I am a Medeco dealer with over 12 years of experience. The key being very difficult to get into the door she mentioned is an internal problem withe the lock and unrelated to the installation. The issue with her garage lock is the first I am hearing about it it was tested at the time of Installation and worked fine and no one is going to warranty an installation from 3 & 1/2 years ago She also lists the job completion date of 8/30/17 it in fact was 3/5/2014. I never begged her to not leave a negative review, I never offered to give her a full refund as everything worked when installed. i have 26 A reviews and now 1 F so I think my past performance history tells the story. I stand behind what I do

08/28/2017

Michael B.

Michael was very responsive, straightforward, and professional. His price is very fair and always picked up his phone when I called and responded to my emails. I would recommend Michael to anyone.

Description of Work
We needed our locks changed and we also had a few new deadbolts added to our home.

08/02/2017

stephanie O.

excellent work, fair pricing would use again.

Description of Work
We needed to have the locks and doorknobs replaced on a few exterior and one interior door that let out to the garage. Mike was able to schedule the work for the next day, and called to confirm the appointment. He was very knowledgable about selecting the right products, and did excellent work. We would definately hire him again for future jobs.

07/31/2017

Alexander K.

The person was knowledgeable, polite, timely, and the work was done well.

Description of Work
Changed out all locks and made keys

03/23/2016

Deborah S.

08/24/2015

Chris & Debra K.

Mike answered my call promptly and we set a day & time to have the work done. He was very punctual and professional. The work took about one and a half hours.

Description of Work
Re- keyed 6 locks (3 doors), made 6 keys

08/18/2015

Denise F.

Description of Work
Rekeyed deadbolt locks throughout our newly purchased house--fantastic communication, excellent service, easy to work with

06/22/2015

Hester E P.

Description of Work
He changed all the locks and installed deadbolts. He also changed the locks on the garage. He was prompt, efficient and a pleasant person. I would recommend him.

03/05/2015

Maria N.

Neighbor who was checking on my house while I was away inadvertently locked my second door handle to which I did not have a key. I was met by the locksmith upon my arrival home from the airport and he unlocked the door and provided me with a set of keys. Very prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Provider opened my side door without harming the lock and provided me with set of spare keys

10/07/2014

Jacqueline S.

Very nice on Phone, service charges told up front before appointment. They showed up withing the time frame I was told, and was very friendly. He went straight to work, did answer all my questions that I had for him with no problems. Very neat and tidy in his work habit, you would of never known that he did some drilling. Workmanship was quality work and price quoted was priced billed. Would recommend this person to anyone who needed a locksmith.

Description of Work
Had Locks Re-Keyed and Deadbolt Installed

02/28/2014

bonnie H.

He did very good work, was knowledgable, came on time and we were very happy with the service. I would recommend him to anyone. He was personable and affable.

Description of Work
He took out the existing locks in the house and replaced them with our high-security Medeco locks.

11/20/2013

Jeff T.

Quick response to explain a car carrier cannot be rekeyed - that a key would have to be ordered from the manufacturer. Saved the $$ of a service call, Appreciate the straightforward, no nonsense response.

Description of Work
Phone call

10/22/2013

Amanda B.

Mike did a great job. He was running late but he was very good about staying in touch and giving us a new ETA. Once there, I was happy with his professionalism. The deadbolt required a key the seller hadn't given us and he offered a smart solution. The house is definitely more secure now. I would recommend him.

Description of Work
Swapped out three door locks and a deadbolt for us the day we closed on our new house.

10/01/2013

Josh R.

Mike was very punctual and professional. He called beforehand to make sure we were still set for our appointment time. He explained what he was doing and even mentioned he would not recommend changing out the deadbolts, just the locks which was much less expensive. The work was done quickly and all of the locks work great. Very fair price. I would use again.

Description of Work
Mike changed the lock for 3 deadbolts at my home. He made 4 keys for me.

08/28/2013

John P.

Mike quickly assessed the situation with this lock system, which in addition to the center bolts also has top and bottom bolts. He discovered that the door had become out of true and was binding the lock bolts. He carefully pried the door open and ascertained that the lock was working properly. He then used a set of adjustments on the side of the door (we had no idea they were there) to re-level the door. Finally, he showed us how to lubricate the lock. The door now works perfectly! Mike was very professional and careful and was happy to explain what was going on with the door. He did a nice job.

Description of Work
We had a lock on a french door that became stuck and we could not open the door. Mike fixed it for us.

07/22/2013

Dan F.

Mike was on time, he was professional, did a great job and his price was fair. I would use him again and would recommend him to my friends.

Description of Work
Rekeyed two doors anf installed a new door lock on another door

05/12/2013

Kristin S.

Great! He was very responsive even though I called only one hour ahead. He gave good advice about what we'd need and didn't try to upsell. He was flexible about the time, was punctual and efficient.

Description of Work
He changed the locks on the two entrances to our new home. We needed two deadbolts and two door knobs changed. One of the deadbolts had to be replaced.

04/13/2013

Tracy C.

He was very responsive, pleasent and professional. I would recommend his services. I did not end up using him to replace the lock, I did it myself - but he was able to tell me the parts I needed.

Description of Work
I had this service provider come to my home to tell me what I needed to do to fix one of my locks.

03/25/2013

Kathleen G.

I was impressed by this company because in order to give the best price over the phone, he had me send a picture of what I needed and he was able to order the parts right away. They came in the next day and he installed my new locks.

Description of Work
I needed new door locks. He gave me pricing, ordered parts, came over and installed product.

12/26/2012

Paula and Gordon W.

Outstanding professionalism. Prompt, Knowledgeable. Courteous. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Rekeyed resident lock.

09/21/2012

George S.

On time and on budget, with solid suggestions and quality work

Description of Work
Replaced and re-keyed a new plant and office building

06/11/2012

Maggie S.

Response time is good and he works quickly. He was delayed getting to my house, and I had to call him for a status -- he didn't call me, which I would have appricated. Although his hourly rate is reasonable, I found his lock prices expensive. I paid $10/lock at Home Depot and he wanted $50+ for each of his locks (although not the same brand, they serve the same purpose). He allowed me to buy my own locks and to help with removing the existing locks, which saved me a lot of money.

Description of Work
Changed/installed 2 locks and matched keys

08/12/2011

Michelle B.

I closed on my house on the 25th of July at about 1pm, and immediately called Chelmsford Lock to see if he'd be able to re-key all of the door locks for me. Not only was he able to re-key all of the doors for me, but he was able to do it same day! We had five doors re-keyed for $170. Very professional service, very friendly. So friendly in fact that I called Chelmsford Lock back on the 8th of August to have him re-key the locks on my apartment doors. Again, very professional, punctual, (very important as I was meeting him on my lunch hour), and friendly. I highly recommend Chelmsford Lock. I gave the company a "B" for price only because I have no idea how much keying new locks should cost, but it seemed reasonable to me.

Description of Work
Re-keyed five locks at my new house and two at my current apartment. Great job!

Category locksmith

Hardware-sales, installation & service. Master keying. Re-keying. Lock-repairs, upgrades & services.

Ask For Details