Chelmsford Fireplace Center

Founded 1978 • With Angi since June 2006

7 Summer St

Chelmsford, MA 01824

We are a family owned hearth shop since 1978. We sell, service and install gas fireplaces, stoves, logs, fire pits, grills and inserts along with wood and pellet appliances. We also carry an extensive collection of hearth accessories....

04/04/2018

John L.

After (trying to) deal with two other vendors, good internet reviews prompted me to drive up to Chelmsford. The salesman was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient, answering questions and explaining options. They had many models in the shop to demo. The associated vendors whom they referred for plumbing and venting were also very good and very pleasant (included in total cost here, not all paid to Chelmsford). The time frame was slow but reasonably blamed on work backlog -- and the dates that were given as commitments were met.

Description of Work
Buy and install a gas fireplace insert.

Category chimney caps, fireplaces

12/25/2015

Robert S.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a fireplace insert. It was complicated in that the original insert was built in from the ground up and was encased in a marble rubble fireplace wall and marble hearth. I needed to replace the insert w/o removing the wall and hearth. They were able to find a suitable insert to fit; and were able to work in "tight quarters" to install and connect the new one with a new SS flue within the old flue. So far (first fire) everything works well and no smoke leaks into the house. We'll see how it goes after more fires this winter.

07/28/2014

Donna M.

Chelmsford Fireplace originally installed gas fireplace in home. I called them for service. I was told they are now not a HeatGlo dealer and do not have part (?). They advised me to call the Stove Shoppe in Windham. I called them but they gave me the run-around. Came up with excuses that the could not service the unit. They only do maintenance in August, etc. They suggested I call Yankee Fireplace in Middleton, MA. I was very satisfied with Yankee Fireplace - punctual, efficient. I would recommend! Don't bother with Chelmsford Fireplace or the Stove Shoppe.

Description of Work
After 5 years or use, wanted to have HeatGlo gas fireplace serviced.

07/24/2014

Diane M.

Company was a pleasure to do business with. They were extremely helpful with my selection and the installation was excellent. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I purchased custom glass fireplace doors and had it installed by them also.

02/22/2012

Tseng-Chung L.

Requested help to un-install fireplace, bought from them, so that plumbing can be fixed in the wall. They said they do not un-install, even though they installed it in the first place, and we would want them to re-install after the plumbing was fixed. Seems like they don't really support their products after the initial sale.

Description of Work
Asking to un-install a fireplace, bought from them, so that plumbing can be fixed in the wall, then have them re-install it.

Category fireplaces

Chelmsford Fireplace Center is a small family owned business and does not install fireplaces due to massachusetts law ,that we can not have an installer on the payroll, so we have four groups of installers that are sub contracters that we recommend our customers to call.

08/10/2010

Pam R.

I was completely turned off by the experience and would not recommend them.

Description of Work
I stopped into the store to not only inquire about gas inserts, but also how to determine what one needed (measurements, permits, additional materials, etc.) to make an informed decision and inquire about an estimate. I needed to replace a 20 year old insert that was malfunctioning. The store was a busy, but I waited patiently to speak to someone, looking through the inventory on display. I waited at least 45 minutes, and had to follow other customers around to get the attention of someone to wait on me. When I finally had some one, the gentleman was rude, arrogant, and unhelpful. I explained what my situation was and where our home was located. I live approximately 15-20 min from the shop. That was going to cost extra and explained that they were so busy that they didn't have time to come to our home and take measurements - we would have to be responsible for that ourselves. He would not explain about how to take the measurements and just handed me some brochures from different manufacturers, which frankly were more helpful.

Category fireplaces

Chelmsford Fireplace Center is a small family owned business that gets very busy starting in august and lasting through march, and only services the local area ,Clinton however is thirty one minutes from the store. It is hard to leave when we are very busy.Chelmsford Fireplace Center always recommends the installers to preview every job so they can get measurements of the fireplace,see if there is a gas line they can tap into ,they make sure the chimney is in good shape for two liners to be installed and they will quote a price for install.Chelmsford Fireplace Center 99% of the time will have the installer due the preview because they have the final say on if there is a big enough gas line or enough pressure in the house for another heater.We have four groups of installers that will help us out anytime or the customer on a preview.Sometimes in sales you do get a customer that is hard to talk too and gets turned off by a price which makes them angry,and sometimes grumpy. As a salesman it is hard to talk to a customer in these situations and can make it difficult to sell someone something. We do make ninety people out of a hundred happy, otherwise we would not be here thirty four years later !

09/04/2009

JASON T.

good. folks are friendly there. they could be a little more proactive in helping assess tight measurements for when the insert may/may not fit in a hearth..but are knoeledgable about all the details that I wouldnt have fully appreciated but roughly knew from internet research. the installation guys were awesome. very clean, nice, and considerate about the space they were working in. prices were quite reasonable from comparison shopping.

Description of Work
purchased a wood fireplace insert, and had it installed.

10/31/2008

Doris K.

Purchased a gas fireplace and green marble surround. They were professional and knowledgeable. Installation was coordinated and performed by them and they were clean and prompt.

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace with marble surround and installation.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

10/30/2008

DANIEL O.

Chelmsford Fireplace has a great selection of stoves -- wood, pellet and gas. We wanted to replace our drafty open fireplace with a gas insert that looked realistic and actually helped heat the house. We decided on a Jotul model. The store has contractors who actually install the units, and ours was terrific. He not only has excellent knowledge of the stove's spec requirements, he was able to work on the chimney insert and deal with the electrician-level stuff of running a remote time/thermostat. We're extremely happy with the final result -- most visitors think it's a real wood fire behind glass, and we're not cold anymore!

Description of Work
Sell and install natural-gas fireplace insert.

Category fireplaces, gas logs

Horizon Chimney Services Inc

Family owned & operated. A CSIA Certified technician is present on every service call. Multiple year Super Service Award winner. We provide all facets of chimney maintenance to our many satisfied customers in MA&RI: Chimney cleaning, chimney liner installation, chimney cap sales and installation, chimney waterproofing, damper installations and flashing repairs. Wood, pellet and gas stoves installation and Masonry repairs. Massachusetts HIC license #163598, MA Construction Supervisors License #99139. Rhode Island contractors license #38641 and RI Decorative heat license #8319. No travel charges. See coupons for special offers for Angies List members. Additional emails - info@horizonchimney.com. Additional Service Areas: Central and Northern Rhode Island

Offers by Horizon Chimney Services Inc on Angi
    Chimney Doctor Plus Inc

A small family business that has been in Concord 30 years. Estimates for work are at no charge. Pricing for cleanings are a set fee. All other work is given to the customer on a written proposal. Referrals and insurance certificates are available upon request. We do not service gas fireplace units.

Sam & Ivan the chimney guys

Certified Chimney experts for over 10yrs. We can have the knowledge and experience to handle your chimney maintenance. Call us today at 978-320-7778 for an immediate response. Quality work at a Quality price.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Gas stoves, fireplaces, wood stoves, glass doors, fireplace tools, gas & wood inserts, fireplace accessories, fireplace screens & gas grills.