Liz & Ellie Local

Massachusetts
Massachusetts: General

1100 Mass Ave

Cambridge, MA 02138

Knowing the ins and outs of Boston's neighborhoods is especially important in the competitive world of real estate. With over 30 years of experience working in Cambridge and Somerville, Liz and Ellie bring an in-depth and personal understanding of these communities to their work. In their business partnership, Liz and Ellie combine a range of complementary strengths that allow them to serve their real estate clients with integrity, consistency, humor, and patience. Their understanding of the market incorporates detailed research with the more subjective knowledge and resourcefulness required to meet the needs of individual buyers, sellers, tenants, landlords, investors, and developers. Both Liz and Ellie have spent years living abroad and have traveled extensively. This experience, along with their fluency in French (Liz) and Spanish (Ellie), make them a great team for clients relocating to and within the Greater Boston Area. With their complementary communication styles, responsiveness, competence, and ability to truly listen, Liz and Ellie enable their clients to feel at ease throughout any real estate transaction. They would welcome the opportunity to be your next real estate advisors....

real estate agent (35)

05/06/2022

Katie C.

Liz and Ellie's tagline is "1. Procrastinate, 2. Panic, 3. Call Liz & Ellie". This was my situation when I was about to put my condo on the market as I was overwhelmed with all the steps needed to get the unit ready for market. I reached out to Liz and Ellie who toured the property with me and compiled a list of suggestions for work needed to make the condo ready. After reviewing it together, they put in all the legwork of scheduling painters, handymen, and cleaners for me; I barely had to lift a finger other than approve the work and review the invoices. The unit was staged beautifully and went on market a few weeks later. Liz and Ellie walked me through every step of the process; they were quick and communicative, and made the entire transaction a relative breeze. I only wish I hadn't waited so long to contact them! I would absolutely work with them both again for any future real estate needs.

Description of Work
Seller's agent in real estate transaction

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

Thank you for this glowing review! We have a glowing review of you as well: you were so great about accepting our suggestions and responding promptly, which made our job so much easier. We're thrilled at the outcome and would be delighted to work with you again anytime.

12/06/2021

Xining G.

My experience with Liz and Ellie was absolutely fantastic. I have so many positive things to say about them that I could probably fill a novel, but I will try my best to keep it to the key points! I was a first-time home buyer with only a tiny inkling of what I was getting myself into in this market but Liz and Ellie got me and my family through the process in one piece with the perfect home in hand! Right from the very first phone call, Liz and Ellie were incredibly responsive, patient, kind, and attentive. Not only did they take the time to really understand our needs and preferences at the beginning of this process, but they also readily adapted as our search evolved. I felt like I took them on a wild goose chase through several neighborhoods in Cambridge and Boston before we decided to focus our efforts on the Brookline area! Nevertheless, they were with us every step of the way with a remarkable amount of knowledge and insight. At showings, they would make sure to point out key characteristics and to give us detailed explanations of what to look out for (which was greatly appreciated!!). This gave me the confidence to pop into more showings by myself later in the process. Furthermore, Liz and Ellie were so accommodating when working with me and my family, who were living 3 states away. They orchestrated countless Zoom calls, repeated so many pieces of information, and even dedicated a whole afternoon to go to 4-5 showings with us when my family drove up on a Saturday. Liz and Ellie made us feel comfortable and confident during this process. Even in such a fast-paced, competitive market, we never felt pressured or rushed to make a decision we were not sure about. With the help of Liz and Ellie, every offer we constructed was very well informed, which attributed to the confidence my family and I felt in our decisions. Overall, Liz and Ellie are simply wonderful people. At times that I would've ordinarily felt disheartened or frustrated with the search, Liz and Ellie were always able to keep my spirits high! They bring a great deal of fun to the home buying process! Combined with their experience, knowledge, instinct, and teamwork, these characteristics make Liz and Ellie amazing real estate agents. I cannot recommend them enough!

Description of Work
Buyer's Agent for first time home purchase

Work Completed On 07/07/2021

Our experience with you was also absolutely fantastic! Figuring out what you want is always a wild goose chase, so none of what you mentioned (changing ideas about location, etc) was at all a problem—just part of the process. We're so glad you felt we did a good job educating you about what to look for...next time it will be easier, we promise. :-) And we really enjoyed meeting and working with your family as well. Hope you're making good use of that gorgeous kitchen to do plenty of baking!

10/30/2021

Russell K.

Awesome! Liz was proactively helpful, both strategically and tactically. She gave us great context and background to the market, knew the market and even the property we were interested in. Thanks to her we were able to submit a successful offer well under asking. Most importantly, she kept the process simple, infused it with a sense of humor, and took all the stress away. And after the purchase was done continued to provide helpful recommendations and even dropped off a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Rose to help us celebrate.

Description of Work
Liz at Compass acted as our Buyer's Agent

Work Completed On 08/08/2020

So glad to help a neighbor in one of our favorite neighborhoods, Cambridgeport. It's true we've been up and down every street and had sold another unit in the building, so that definitely helped us help you make informed decisions! Glad you enjoyed the Veuve Clicquot. :-)

10/27/2021

Brenda B.

An overall excellent experience. Liz and Ellie work as a team and complement one another really well. They went over and above doing all the prep work locally to sell our condo while we were miles away. They picked out new appliances, ordered them, had them delivered and installed for us. Their advice and recommendations for service providers such as painters worked out very well and all within the tight deadline to meet the Memorial Day window. They are great listeners, and were very responsive to our needs and concerns. They kept things in perspective for us as we had never sold a house before. They are seasoned professionals who know the market well and stay on top of trends. They are tapped into a great network of other professionals such as real estate lawyers.

Description of Work
Putting a condo on the market long distance. Meeting a tight deadline and selling within three days and for a good price.

Work Completed On 05/29/2021

Thank you so much for this kind review! We faced some challenges throughout the process and you met each one with such equanimity, which certainly made our job easier. Working with clients who are out of state or even overseas is something we feel good about—we like to feel we're holding the reins and being far away won't feel too scary. We're so glad we got to know you and hope to see you again!

07/18/2021

Carolyn Z.

They were great! Very helpful and patient. They had great suggestions when asked and made the process easier.

Description of Work
I used them as both buyer’s broker and seller’s broker when finding my new home

Work Completed On 05/22/2021

Buying and selling at the same time is never easy, so we appreciate that you felt we made the process easiER. We do the best we can to smooth the way!

07/07/2021

Kirsten C.

Working with Ellie and Liz was amazing. They are professional and organized. There were no issues. Not only did the sales go smoothly - both the sale and purchase - but any services that I required, they were able to recommend excellent people to work with. I would absolutely work with them again! Kirsten

Description of Work
both a house sale and purchase

Work Completed On 05/20/2021

Working on both a purchase and a sale at the same time is a particular challenge for clients...it's our job to make sure it goes smoothly and with a minimum of stress. We're glad it felt that way to you! And we are always happy to recommend service providers. If you find anyone you love, please let us know so we can add them to our list!

06/29/2021

Todd A.

Liz & Ellie (of Liz and Ellie Real Estate @ Compass) just helped us buy our dream home in Cambridge! They were absolutely fantastic to work with, were extremely knowledgeable about the Cambridge market as well as all the pitfalls to watch out for when navigating such a challenging housing market. They helped us narrow down our search and reflect on the pros/cons of some of the houses we were considering, many aspects we hadn’t considered… And ultimately, they were instrumental in helping us put in a competitive bid and sort through all the paperwork and questions along the way. We can’t recommend them highly enough!!

Description of Work
Real Estate Agent

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

Thank you for the kind review! We think your dream home would be anyone's dream home; it is absolutely gorgeous. We were thrilled to be able to have the "insider" connections to the wonderful developer who built your home—someone who keeps the historic details intact (or makes them even better) while creating a modern interior. We hope you will be happy there for many years to come!

05/29/2021

Mathias W.

Trust. This is my one-word summary of Liz and Ellie. They are true partners who will listen, understand your needs, and do everything they can to help you find your home. I first met Ellie at an open house and within two minutes knew I had found my realtor. I'd accompanied a friend just to get an idea of the market. Clearly, I wasn't there to buy. Yet Ellie spent over 20 minutes explaining the process to me, better than anyone ever had. This is who they are. Other agents scare ("The market is crazy!!") - Liz and Ellie inform. Not only will you make the right decision, you will understand why. My partner and I have since worked with both Liz and Ellie on two different searches. The first time, we took the first place we saw. The second time, we went through a string of disappointing showings before finding the perfect fit. Both times, Liz and Ellie were with us every step of the way, steadying us when we were hasty, encouraging us to move fast once we found our match. Normally I would highlight that a realtor knows the area very well or is quick to respond. With Liz and Ellie, this feels like saying Michael Jordan is good at dribbling. Yes, they know buildings better than the selling agents, but what I truly value and rely on is their honesty, their integrity, and their dedication to go out and bat for you. Just recently, Liz helped us navigate a difficult situation where the landlord walked back on a promise after we had already signed the lease. I used to loathe apartment searches because I felt out of my depth. With Liz and Ellie in my corner, I finally understand why people enjoy it.

Description of Work
Real Estate Agent / Apartment Search

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

Wow. That's all we can think of to say! We know that real estate agents don't always engender a high level of trust and we try our best to defy the stereotypes. It's exceedingly gratifying to be recognized for that! Thank you for the kind words and we'll be there with you the next time for your first home purchase!

02/08/2021

Avi C.

Ellie and Liz were so responsive, organized, and always prioritized our interests. Before our first meeting with them, Ellie and Liz were prepared by emailing us handouts ahead of time that we would cover in the meeting. From the start, Ellie and Liz verbalized they understood that house hunting can be stressful and that my wife and I could ask questions whenever they popped into our minds. Ellie and Liz were so attentive to our wants and needs for our future home. We then started looking at the MLS, accessing homes visible to all as well as some homes only visible to the agency Liz and Ellie belong to. Not only were my wife and I selecting homes we were interested in, but Ellie and Liz were also sending us homes that matched our criteria. In a very busy house market, timing was crucial and Ellie and Liz didn't want us to miss our chance buying a home because we were too late to see it. Once we found houses we wanted to tour, Ellie and Liz set up a schedule so we could see multiple houses on the same day. While touring houses, Ellie and Liz provided a nice balance of "hands on" as well as "tour at your own pace." For example, we'd enter a home and Ellie and Liz would immediately start inspecting it themselves, just for things that could be right (nice flow) or wrong (they noticed mold in one place before my wife and I did). At the same time, we always felt like they were there with us during the tour, asking us questions to help inform our decision making process (did I mention this buying a house was stressful and they were amazing at acknowledging the stress and guiding us through it?). At one point, we had to bring our dog with us to a tour because we couldn't find a babysitter in time. Unfortunately and understandably, the dog wasn't allowed in the house, so Ellie stayed outside and took care of our dog while we went inside to look around. It's the small things like that that made my wife and I feel like we weren't "just another client," but that we actually mattered to Ellie and Liz. Throughout the entire process, Ellie and Liz were incredibly responsive, which was so important. They were also knowledgeable of the areas we were visiting and talked with us about different activities available nearby. Once we agreed on a home, Ellie and Liz helped us negotiate different prices. To give you an idea of how quickly the market moves and how Ellie and Liz are able to keep up with it... we toured a home at noon, made an offer the same day, and came to an agreement with the seller also the same day. Liz and Ellie orchestrated the entire thing. So yes, they're very responsive. During the purchase and sale process, Ellie and Liz worked great with other members of our "house buying team" (lawyers, mortgage company). Even our lawyers expressed how appreciative they were that Ellie and Liz were so responsive because it made closing on the home so much easier. My wife and I highly recommend Ellie and Liz whenever you're in the market for a new home!

Description of Work
My family needed a real estate agent to buy our first home

Work Completed On 01/21/2021

Okay, this actually made us verklempt. Real tears. We are so appreciative of this wonderful review and couldn't have asked for nicer clients! It's terrific to know specifically what you found most helpful so we can make sure to do all of those things for our next buyers. It's good for us to know the right balance of being there for you and just educating you to make your own decisions. We're pleased to know we got it right and wish you the very best in your beautiful new home!

10/07/2020

Susan B.

Liz and Ellie recently helped me with purchasing my first home. What a huge milestone! I had been toying around with the idea of purchasing my first home for a while, but have also been a bit hesitant and didn’t know the steps. Thinking of doing it during a pandemic seemed especially daunting. With no personal recommendations to go off of, I remembered Liz and Ellie, who had made a good impression on me previously at one of their open houses. I reached and met them via Zoom which confirmed my positive expectations. After meeting, we immediately scheduled a viewing for a property I was interested in. I wish I had scheduled more time to sit in the space, but we had another viewing appointment. I appreciated that they helped me determine which of the properties was a better fit and cautioned me away from the property that had a majority of units rented. Liz and Ellie also explained the next steps in a logical way and the offer making process seemed low risk. I was able to see the property again the next day and it helped me feel confident in moving forward. The next day we made a competitive offer based on the area and comparables. I wish I could’ve started a little lower, but I also trusted Liz and Ellie’s knowledge and expertise to help create a well constructed offer. Within 5 days of my first meeting with Liz and Ellie, my offer was accepted! They called to follow up and see how I was feeling and I appreciated that reassurance and support. The next steps flew by so fast and I was happy that Liz and Ellie were there via email to answer any of my questions. They also gave me a list of recommended home inspectors and lawyers that they felt would fit my personality. At closing, I felt a sense of pride that I could become a first time homeowner during a very stressful and unusual time. This couldn’t have been accomplished without the help of Liz and Ellie. Throughout my entire home buying process, I never once felt that Liz and Ellie didn’t have my best interests in mind and I appreciated how well we worked together. If I ever have to move in the Greater Boston area, without a doubt, I know I would be reaching out to Liz and Ellie.

Description of Work
Help with first time home buying

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

First time home buyers are our favorite, for real. We love educating and guiding our clients and couldn't be happier when someone is so happy with the outcome! You *should* be proud: buying your first home is a huge accomplishment. We're especially glad to hear that you felt we had your best interests at heart, since that's very important to us and we appreciate it when that intention comes through to our clients. We wish you the best in your wonderful new (and newly painted!) home!

Real Estate Agent.