BLACK MAGIC CHIMNEY SWEEPS

Founded 1980 • With Angi since October 2001

Black Magic Chimney & Fireplace was established in 1978 as a full service chimney business. Black Magic is celebrating its 22nd year of selling a fine selection of fireplaces and stoves for the Metropolitan Boston area. We pride ourselves in providing quality chimney and installation service for the homeowner. Whether you need a chimney lining, cleaning or a pellet stove; our philosophy is not to oversell, but rather to provide an appropriate solution to your needs. We have more than 115 gas, pellet, electric fireplaces, stoves and inserts on display in our SHOW ROOM in Cambridge. Many are live burning. Whether your taste is Traditional, Victorian or Contemporary we invite you to come in and see for your self our units from only major and established manufacturers. We install and service what we sell. Call or come see us today!...

Family owned & operated. A CSIA Certified technician is present on every service call. Multiple year Super Service Award winner. We provide all facets of chimney maintenance to our many satisfied customers in MA&RI: Chimney cleaning, chimney liner installation, chimney cap sales and installation, chimney waterproofing, damper installations and flashing repairs. Wood, pellet and gas stoves installation and Masonry repairs. Massachusetts HIC license #163598, MA Construction Supervisors License #99139. Rhode Island contractors license #38641 and RI Decorative heat license #8319. No travel charges. See coupons for special offers for Angies List members. Additional emails - info@horizonchimney.com. Additional Service Areas: Central and Northern Rhode Island

Boston’s Best Chimney is your one stop chimney service company specializing in every aspect of chimney maintenance and repair. We feature chimney sweeping, chimney relining, chimney repairs, chimney rebuilding and chimney restorations at competitive rates. BBC has provided top quality service to homeowners and businesses in and around the Boston area since 1989. We have received numerous accolades for our old world craftsmanship and new world technology. Boston's Best Chimney has over 35,000 satisfied clients and is well respected in the local market both among homeowners and realtors. In addition to our residential homes serviced we have extensive experience with commercial venting. Award winning.

Bay State Brick and Stonework, a Super Service Award winner, was founded in 1989 in West Roxbury, Massachusetts serving all of Eastern Massachusetts including the urban centers of Boston and Cambridge. Our expertise includes all elements of masonry restoration and new masonry construction.         Additional address - 30 Winter St, Mansfield, MA 02048. Additional phone - (508) 339-2770. Additional DBA - baystatebrick.com.

12/09/2019

They were exceedingly rude and complained that I didn't have the manuals so they couldn't do the work. I suggested they go online the way most repair people access manuals these days and they said they couldn't figure out the make or model so they were incompetent as well as rude. I would never recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Repair gas fireplaces

Category chimney sweep,fireplaces

09/18/2018

It went great. This is a very professional and responsive team. I called about 6 different places and Black Magic gave me the most prompt reply and best rate

Description of Work
Chimney sweep

Category chimney sweep

12/13/2017

Technician inspected chimney and discovered it was clean, no work was needed. Verified duct work going to chimney was in good shape, made a few other suggestions. Charged me a nominal fee for the inspection, much less than the amount I had agreed to pay for the work. Would definitely call this firm again for similar type work.

Description of Work
Hired firm to clean out chimney.

Category chimney sweep

09/03/2017

Great service. Answered all of my questions and didn't try to take advantage of my lack of knowledge with chimneys. Chimney looks good and didn't need a sweep or any work. Chimney cap was put on and I didn't need to be home. Came home from work and the cap was on. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Bought a new house and needed the chimney inspected. Also needed a chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

06/23/2017

Black Magic only came out to give an estimate. Perry missed first scheduled appointment due to illness, rescheduled for a week later and then missed the second appointment because he "forgot". This wasted hours of my time. Weeks later, I contacted the second owner and scheduled another appointment, as this is one of the few vendors who carries the fireplace I would like to install. The second owne...

Description of Work
Looking to install gas fireplace--gathering estimates

Category fireplaces

SALES, SERVICE AND INSTALL WOOD & GAS BURNING FIREPLACES & STOVES, SWEEPING, INSTALL LINERS, CAPS & DAMPERS, FIREPLACE RESTORATIONS, CHIMNEY REBUILDING, CHIMNEY MAINTENANCE.

Call for details