Safe Fire Chimney Service

Founded 2014 • With Angi since August 2014

P.O. Box 307

Burlington, MA 01803

We clean and sweep Masonry fireplaces, furnace venting, woodstoves and Pellet stoves. We install Chimney caps and Chimney liners. Chimney waterproofing and minor Chimney Masonry repair. All level NFPA inspections with video scans performed.

05/28/2022

Daniel W.

Back in Nov 2021, Paul Collina of Safe Fire Chimney Service quoted over the phone for inspecting and cleaning the flue of my oil furnace. Paul C. arrived promptly, and covered everything carefully to avoid getting soot on anything in the room. Paul explained everything to me, and was polite and friendly, and honored the verbal quotation. I plan to have him back in summer of 2023 to replace the metal exhaust on the roof.

Description of Work
Inspection and cleaning the flue for my oil furnace

09/10/2021

Dan H.

Paul was prompt as he has been every time I’ve enlisted his services over the last few years. He was prepared, had protection for my house, explained what he was doing, and provided an assessment upon completion. The room and fireplace area was spotless when Paul was done. I’m looking forward to the first fire of the season.

Description of Work
Annual Chimney Inspection and Sweep

08/26/2021

Richard K.

Paul was prompt, answered calls/texts. His equipment left no appreciable dust. He explained a lot and even how to maintain the fire box when it will need repair in the future. His price was very reasonable. I would certainly use him again.

Description of Work
My 30yo Fireplace needed Inspection/Cleaning for HOA Insurance

12/23/2020

Burak B.

Paul was great, he was on time to the appointment. He checked all three chimneys, he said 2 of them were not used much so he didn't charge me the full price, for the third one he explained me how that fireplace works, and how it would be dangerous to use it with TV mounted over it. Since we have a TV, I decided not to invest cleaning that chimney. Paul could have easily charged me the full price and don't even mention the third one. He is a very honest person, gives a very fair price and is absolutely nice to talk to. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

11/19/2020

Zoya B.

Quick, efficient, clean. Good value.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

11/02/2020

Lisa C.

Paul was great, timely and neat. He provided fire safety guidance and recommendations for future maintenance. I would hire him again!

Description of Work
chimney sweep and inspection

Category chimney caps

11/02/2020

alan G.

Excellent work. The price was fair. He arrived early. Kept the area neat and completed the work quickly. I'd definitely hire again. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Inspect and sweep two Chimneys. Check chimney caps

10/26/2020

Susan M.

Very pleased. Paul was prompt, professional, neat and went above and beyond. He made a few minor repairs to the base of my fireplace explaining that sparks could fall through and cause a fire underneath on the floor. I would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Category chimney caps

10/06/2020

Dmitry P.

Paul not only cleaned both chimneys, he also explained how to safely operate fireplace (I've never used it before). Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Chimney sweep

09/22/2020

G N.

Quick, professional, thorough. Arrived on time, was fast and efficient. Left the space cleaner than when he arrived. We talked about possible remediation for some issues, but no hard selling and a real pragmatic 'have me back in a year, a big overall would not be worth it' approach.

Description of Work
Chimney cleanout after several years

09/21/2020

Sonia V.

This is the second time Paul has come to the house. He's professional and a nice person to deal with. I have and will continue to recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Cleaned 2 fireplaces.

09/15/2020

Scott C.

Paul is a great guy. He arrived when he said he would and got right to work after we chatted about what we needed. He is very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. He shared with me a bunch of information. He took care of what needed to be done efficiently and neatly. I will absolutely hire Paul again.

Description of Work
Flue cleaning x2, repair top of chimney and repaired/replaced flue mechanism and cover and reattached chimney cap that had fallen off due to wind

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

06/17/2020

Beth M.

"Excellent, I would absolutely recommend Paul to other people Communicative, prompt, and clean. "

Description of Work
Cleaned my wood stove insert plus some chimney repair work

Category chimney repair

03/23/2020

bill S.

Paul did a great job. He explained what he was going to do and how while keeping my living room clean and unaffected. Very professional, personal. He's a fireman who owns a pellet stove, I think that's about as reliable and qualified as I you could ask for safety and assurance of a job well done, and his price was great as I've had this work done before. Safe yourself time and money and just call this guy.

Description of Work
I own a pellet stove and needed to clean out the vents, pipes, etc from the ash.

02/13/2020

Minot P.

It went great! He arrived within the one hour window he stated, made a small repair, inspected the chimney and swept it. He was knowledgeable and thoroughly explained everything I needed to do. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Chimney inspected, swept and a small repair.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

11/13/2019

Chris F.

Paul was great! We are very satisfied with his work and cleanliness too! He even helped look at my son who had an injury while he was here, as he is a firefighter/paramedic. Thank you Paul!

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning

10/21/2019

Michael O.

Paul was excellent! Not only did he inspect and sweep my chimney like I requested, he was very informative and helped answer questions I had about my older chimney. He had suggestions for its future care, but by no means did he pressure me for extra services. We also had a helpful conversation about fire and carbon monoxide detectors. I highly recommend Safe Fire Chimney.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and sweep

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

08/16/2019

Lucy N.

Perfect. Made time the day after I requested a new appointment, showed up on time, did the work and left my house clean! He even went above ( literally) and beyond to check the chimney from the roof and replace caps I needed right then. This was the se one year I have needed the service and I’m glad I called back and will never hesitate to call again.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and capping

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

01/14/2019

Rob C.

Responsive, professional, courteous and thorough. I was as impressed by the extra work they did NOT attempt to ***** upon us as the work they actually performed. This was our first experience with a chimney service outfit, and it couldn’t have gone smoother from initial contact through job completion. Will definitely use again!

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and sweeping

12/24/2018

Robert S.

Very good. Had a problem with the pipe that required a return visit the following day. Needed the cap on the pipe reworked and eventually replaced. Had to take inside pipe apart and replace the “t”.

Description of Work
Wood stove pipe cleaned, fix leaks, cap reworked, section of pipe replaced.

12/12/2018

Debbie H.

Wonderful! Very easy to talk with, informative and great job. Will be the company I go with, going forward for chimney cleaning/inspection.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

12/03/2018

Bob L.

Paul was excellent. He came right on time and performed the services efficiently and effectively, and provided me with a lot of helpful information to help ensure my fireplace would be great working condition going forward.

Description of Work
Chimney/Fireplace Inspection, Clean and Sweep

11/29/2018

SAM J.

Paul, was on time, ready, swift and pleasant! Thank you, Sam

Description of Work
Overall inspection & cleaning.

11/09/2018

Kathryn Y.

Paul arrived on time and was very personable. He took a look at both chimneys (furnace and fireplace) and reported both were in good condition. The fireplace chimney with minimal usage was only full of cob webs which he cleaned. Paul also mentioned if the fireplace is used frequently yearly cleaning is required - less frequent every other year would be fine. Paul was very professional and honest and we will definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Fireplace checked and cleaned

11/06/2018

Laura B.

Excellent service! He was on time, friendly, and informative. I will hire him again next year for an annual cleaning!

Description of Work
Fireplace Inspection and Cleaning

Jim Sullivan Masonry

I have been in the trade since 1976, bricklayers union local 3, first business started in 1985. I am the sole owner of jim sullivan masonry LLC. I am present on every job doing the work with one helper. It is a 2 man crew. We work for cash or checks & can make payment arrangements if needed. Award winning. Additional DBA- Sullivan Chimney Cleaning.

Offers by Jim Sullivan Masonry on Angi
    Boston's Best Chimney

Boston’s Best Chimney is your one stop chimney service company specializing in every aspect of chimney maintenance and repair. We feature chimney sweeping, chimney relining, chimney repairs, chimney rebuilding and chimney restorations at competitive rates. BBC has provided top quality service to homeowners and businesses in and around the Boston area since 1989. We have received numerous accolades for our old world craftsmanship and new world technology. Boston's Best Chimney has over 35,000 satisfied clients and is well respected in the local market both among homeowners and realtors. In addition to our residential homes serviced we have extensive experience with commercial venting. Award winning.

RockSolid Chimney, LLC

We are a family owned and operated business with a combined 30 years of experience in the chimney cleaning, restoration and masonry fields. We are affordable, honest, reliable and a pleasure to work with. We proudly service the Metro West Boston and the greater Boston areas. At RockSolid Chimney, we are not just looking for customers, we are looking for "Customers for Life". We accept cash, check and credit cards. Any work that requires a Massachusetts Construction Supervisor License will need to have the permit pulled by the homeowner.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check