Durable Remodeling

Founded 1954 • With Angi since June 2013

63 Royal Rd

Brockton, MA 02302

Super Service Award Winner 5 Years in a Row with 10% off for all Angie's List Members!! We specialize in replacement and installation of Roofing, Decks/Porches, Vinyl and Wood Siding, along with Window and Door Replacement. Durable Remodeling is a family run business, owned and operated by Dean Willette. A third generation contractor. We offer guaranteed results without any additional cost. We live by the motto do it right the first time. We only use quality products and quality installers. We have an A+ rating with the BBB, are active members of the Chamber of Commerce and carry Unrestricted Construction Supervisors Licenses(The highest license attainable before becoming a Building Inspector). 508-510-0619 Serving North and South Shore Massachusetts We install or replace Decks, siding, roofing, painting, porches, windows, doors, and gutters. We do not handle any sort of repair jobs....

01/25/2021

Shawn B.

nothing was done because they didn't do what they promised they would how can you trust a company like that

Description of Work
Never came by when he said he would not even the courtesy of a call

Category decks

Hi! My names [Member Name Removed] and I’m the owner at Durable Remodeling. I do all the scheduling, home visits and answer the phone myself. You must have Durable Remodeling confused with another company. You and I have never spoke and I have never in my career no called/no showed an appointment. Please feel free to reach out as I’d be happy to clarify. 1-508-510-0619 I have also followed up with Angie’s List.

12/23/2020

Russell G.

We recommend Durable Remodeling most highly! From start to finish, they are professional and easy to work with. Dean worked with us to find the solutions that best fit our needs, without steering us toward more expensive, unneeded options. He was upfront about costs and scheduling, and stayed in touch with us. Rick and Ben, who did the work, were efficient, friendly, neat, and highly skilled. We’re very happy with all their work on our windows and siding projects, and we’re looking forward to having them renovate our bathroom this winter. Thanks, guys!

Description of Work
Replacement windows; cedar shake siding

Category siding, replacement windows, home remodeling

12/18/2020

Ellen L.

Durable Remodeling did a wonderful job. Dean got back to us immediately with a quote and explained it in detail. He kept us apprised of the project all the way. The crew was delightful, the work exceptional. Real quality workmanship and professionalism. Would definitely recommend and use again.

Description of Work
deck tear down and replacement

09/24/2020

Michael A.

Dean was very easy to work with, understood the work that was needed to be done, didn't try to up sell, came in with a very reasonable quote. We had 5 sliding glass doors installed which had a long lead time on getting made but he stayed in contact during that time. His crew showed up 7 am sharp, cleaned up after themselves leaving it better than what it was before at the end of the day. Everything came out looking great.

Description of Work
Gutters replaced, soffits, siding replaced, Sliding Glass Doors Replaced

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/13/2020

Ben W.

Dean and his crew are fantastic. We hired them to redo our porch (2 levels) and he delivered everything he promised and more. His price was reasonable and the workmanship was excellent. He started and completed the work on schedule. Dean is also a great communicator and totally reliable, trustworthy and flexible. Our porch is beautiful. I gave him the highest rating possible and would hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
replace two porches

Category contractors

08/07/2020

Jennifer B.

requested a quote online. I did receive a phone call from Dean who seemed interested and very professional during our conversation. He requested photos of my current deck. We discussed what I was looking for in terms of the deck rebuild and design. I never heard back from him. I Sent texts message and also left voice message that I was interested in his quote. The companies reviews both on the website, Home Advisors & Angie's List compelled me to call them. However, the no response is completely unprofessional and rude. A simple call to say not interested or too busy would have saved us both a lot of time and energy. This is Bad business and I'll be sure to pass the information along to home owner friends in the South shore looking to have work done to be aware. Common curiosity costs nothing!!!

Description of Work
Deck Rebuild

Category decks

During the time this client was attempting to contact me I was ill and unable to follow up. I’ve since followed up with her, scheduled a visit and provided a few competitive bids. She was happy, interested in hiring me and had mentioned removing this review.

04/04/2020

Tom W.

We hired Durable Remodeling to build a brand new front porch on our house, and it came out beautifully. We have a 120-year-old Colonial house, which is in good shape, except that the front portico and a side entrance were both falling apart. Dean gave us several different ideas about how we could replace or repair them, and he encouraged us to think creatively about what we want. We decided to add a large farmer's porch to the front of our house and redesign the side entrance. Dean designed both beautifully, and the entire Durable Remodeling crew worked fast, efficiently, and carefully. Throughout the entire project, it was clear they knew exactly what they were doing. The porch matches the style of our house so perfectly that it looks like it has been there since the house was built. The side entrance has become much more functional with the redesign, while staying true to the house's style. We highly recommend Durable Remodeling!

Description of Work
Build new front porch and side entrance

12/28/2019

Stephen M.

We hired Durable Remodeling to replace our older wood deck with a new Azek deck. Dean was wonderful to work with; very knowledgeable about what we needed, and very personable. I received quotes from 6 different companies. Durable was right in the middle pricewise. The guys who did the work were friendly and efficient and there workmanship was excellent. Would hire them again in a minute.

Description of Work
Replace wood deck with Azek deck.

09/16/2019

Yuki I.

Working with Dean and his team was such a fantastic experience! Dean is very responsive and professional and his team are hard workers They replaced our deck and even expanded for us . Everything came out perfectly! Great communication and the best workmanship.

Description of Work
Replacing deck

08/05/2019

Carol C.

I used Durable Remodeling to replace an old deck. Dean and his crew were very professional and the deck came out great. After the deck was finished Dean gave me some advice on how to paint or stain it later on. He is such a pleasure to do business with. I would definitely hire Durable Remodeling again.

Description of Work
Old deck replaced

07/28/2019

thomas C.

We were exceedingly pleased with Durable Remodeling from the day we signed the contract with Dean and throughout the entire project. Dean and his team were consistently accessible, punctual, and professional. The work performed by Rick and Ben was of the highest quality, and the deck construction and cedar shingle replacement was completed in a very reasonable time frame, four weeks. We are thoroughly enjoying relaxing on our new deck and would highly recommend Durable Remodeling.

Description of Work
Built a 10'x12' deck attached to the back of our house/replaced cedar shingles

Category decks, siding

07/19/2019

LORI S.

Durable Remodeling is up to the task! We live on the ocean and we knew exactly the kind of decks we wanted, but we were not sure we’d ever find the right company to build them. It wasn’t an easy job having to build on sand and facing the ocean, but Dean and his crew came through and did an amazing job. Dean and his Team went the extra mile – they chose the best quality products and built the decks strong and durable. They cleaned up after themselves every day and left the site looking spotless. If you’re looking for a dependable, professional and courtesy company call Dean! He and his crew are amazing, polite and hard working. The best part is they actually do what they promised! Thank you Dean and Crew - more companies should be like Durable Remodeling!

Description of Work
Decks Rebuild

06/08/2019

Laurie M.

Exceptionally well. Dean was very responsive to our inquiry, gave us a time frame for beginning/completion, and estimate of how long job would take (it actually took less time than anticipated). The crew arrived early each day, was extremely polite and respectful, answered any questions we had. Not only did the deck come out perfect, but the clean up was exceptional. Dean did final walk-through to make sure we were completely satisfied, if we had any concerns, they would be taken care of immediately. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Demolishing old deck and replacing with new

Category decks

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working for you!

05/21/2019

Eoin K.

Excellent. A little more pricey the competition but worth it.

Description of Work
New back deck and frame

05/01/2019

Katie C.

We hired Durable Remodeling to replace our older wood deck with a new Azek deck. We are very pleased with the finished product! Dean and his crew were great to work with, always on time and easy to get in touch with. They were very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Deck remodeling

01/16/2019

Bonnie P.

I was very impressed with Dean ....Initially. He is no doubt knowledgeable and I was excited to get my new deck. When Dean came over to sign the contract he told me that I would have to pay half down and the entire balance when the framing was done. BEFORE the decking went up. He then told me that my warranty for labor would be ONE year. When I asked him why he said"it doesn't really benefit me to give a longer warranty but I can sell you one if you would like". Needless to say it was clear that my trust went out the window. He got up and left. I found a great company who is requiring a $300 deposit. Then a third, a third and the last third upon completion. With a three year labor warranty. Based upon Durable reviews I am sure he does fabulous work however I am just not interested in doing business with a deck company that doesn't believe in their workmanship past a year.

Description of Work
New Vinyl Deck

Category decks

I refused to budge on the payment schedule and warranty with this potential client for the same reason I ultimately refused the job - some people, regardless of your punctuality, price, responsiveness and the quality of your work, are simply unreasonable.

01/04/2019

Sean B.

Requested quote online and never heard back. I have not used this contractor.

Description of Work
Roofing, siding and windows

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

Hi! I’m so sorry we missed you!

12/02/2018

Steven K.

Dean and his crew were easy to work with, the project was completed in a timely manner, and the results were excellent.

Description of Work
Installed a large back deck and two outside doors.

11/15/2018

Mary K.

It went well. The project was completed quickly, once it got started, and it looks spectacular. We are very pleased and have gotten some great comments from our neighbors. Communication with Dean was excellent. The price was reasonable compared to other estimates.

Description of Work
Removal of old siding and installation of vinyl siding.

Category siding

10/19/2018

Elena Y.

Very well. Dean was very responsive to my needs. His crew worked efficiently and cleaned up after themselves

Description of Work
Rebuilding of front porch

Category contractors, decks, gutter repair, woodworking

08/09/2018

sandra M.

A+++++. very very professional. minimal conversation between crew, no profanity, very few breaks even with high high high humidity each day. clean up was perfect only wish they washed windows.

Description of Work
replaced deck

07/24/2018

Patricia P.

We are thrilled with our new deck constructed by Durable Remodeling. We had a great experience and would definitely recommend and hire them again. To start, Dean was quick to respond when initially contacted as well as every time we asked questions and requested quotes for material/option changes. He showed up to appointments on time, made design suggestions and did not try to over sell us. The time line given to begin and complete our project was right on. We found him super easy to deal with. The crew, Bob, Ben and Ricky, built a beautiful deck and the quality is outstanding. They arrived on time daily, were professional, polite and cleaned up the area well. As a tribute to their craftsmanship, the building inspector complimented the deck and said they did an excellent job. Thank you for a beautiful deck

Description of Work
Tear down and replace deck.

07/13/2018

Ximena S.

Dean and his crew were excellent, the deck looks beautiful and they were on time, professional and polished. Everything we requested, was done to perfection! We will hire them again for sure!

Description of Work
Full replacement of front deck

07/01/2018

Richard W.

he called once ... I returned call but he never called back

Description of Work
trim repair

Category decks

Hi [Member Name Removed], I’m sorry I missed the return call. It’s no excuse but we’re a little overwhelmed this time of year. It doesn’t matter now, but as it says in our bio, we do not do offer trim repair services. Thank you, Dean Willette

06/18/2018

Geoffrey W.

Excellent. Done in 4 days, they showed up when promised, did what they said they would do for the price stated, looks terrific, very considerate, responsive and professional, the single minor punch list item was taken care of immediately, and cleaned up well. Would certainly use again

Description of Work
demo of porch and deck and rebuild of both

Category decks, woodworking