Fire & Ice HVAC LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since September 2008

Fire & Ice HVAC LLC is locally owned & operated since 2008 with owners on site on every job. We specialize in complete residential heating and cooling service, repair and equipment replacement. We also install, service and repair mini split ductless air conditioning systems. Please call us at

2022 Super Service Award

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

HVAC Companies (238)water heaters (11)plumbers (7)chimney cap repair (6)insulation (2)dryer vent cleaning (1)gas leak repair (1)chimney repair (1)

08/02/2022

Clemens N.

When our aging central AC broke during a heat wave, the company that installed it send an emergency tech who charged us $800 for the visit and told us the system is beyond repair and needs to be replaced. For a cool $21k, they’ll put in the new system right away and they even have financing available. I thought maybe I need a repair and not a replacement. I called Fire & Ice on a Saturday afternoon, Arthur picked up and stopped by the next Monday, and the system was fixed on Wednesday. It was a regular maintenance repair. While the first company send a salesperson who tried to take advantage of our situation, Arthur and John explained to me what is broken, suggested some options for repairs, promptly performed them, and the system is now humming along beautifully. They are true professionals and very nice people. I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Repair HVAC during heat wave

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

07/20/2022

Michael S.

I called Fire and Ice in the morning and spoke with Arthur. He said that he would be able to come late that day. He followed up with a text saying he was on his way and arrived at 5pm. He diagnosed the problem immediately (a failed capacitor) and fixed it quickly. He also gave me advice on maintaining the unit. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. I will use him for all of my future HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Repair non-functioning central air conditioner condenser

Work Completed On 07/18/2022

07/01/2022

Aidar O.

I called Fire & Ice with several problems and concerns related to my HVAC situation. What really surprised me is that they didn’t try to upsell me on useless stuff, and instead they suggested that I shouldn’t waste money on some of the things and try a modular approach (for comparison, another highly-rated business quoted me north of 40k to replace the entire system with something I didn’t need, whereas an intermediary fix was possible with a couple hundred dollars worth of materials from Home Depot). Anyway, I ended up hiring Jon and Arthur for a mini-split install for my approx 700 sqft finished basement, which went very smooth. The guys were punctual, professional and a pleasure to deal with. They quoted me a reasonable amount, explained the reasoning behind the choice of the hardware, explained alternatives, suggested I don’t do a few extras because the ROI wasn’t worth it, and within 2 weeks (as promised in the very first call), everything got installed. The work was done very cleanly - the indoor unit looks great, and the outdoor inverter is not only installed properly, but is also aligned nicely for esthetic purposes. There was a heat wave the next day, and the mini split was whisper quiet and maintained a 67 degree temperature without any hiccups.

Description of Work
Mini-split installation

Work Completed On 06/23/2022

05/10/2022

Jon A.

We reached out to Fire & Ice HVAC, LLC for installation of a mini split air conditioning system after reading their terrific reviews. From the start, Artie and Jon were just as responsive, efficient and friendly as the reviews had said. We signed on with them after our first meeting to install one outdoor unit and 4 indoor units.They were knowledgeable, easy to work with and transparent when discussing timelines and pricing. We were impressed by their work. The bulk of the installation was completed in one day, and after the required electrical work, they quickly returned to complete the job. We'd certainly reach out to them again if we were in need of HVAC services and have already recommended them to others.

Description of Work
New Mini Split System with 4 units installed inside

Work Completed On 04/11/2022

02/15/2022

Vicki F.

We had a great experience with Fire & Ice. Arthur responded to our call on the same day, quickly diagnosed the problem, and fixed it in one visit. He was transparent about our options and the costs of various repairs. Moreover, he was really professional and friendly. We will definitely call them again for regular servicing and repairs.

Description of Work
Repair of boiler leak

Work Completed On 02/14/2022

08/22/2021

Joseph S.

Really well. Our heating and hot water is located in a tight spot. They came up with some good ideas. They worked well together. Performed quality work.

Description of Work
New water heater, HVAC service.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/21/2021

07/02/2021

Shea B.

Highly recommend Fire & Ice. They came to fix a leak and ended up discovering a much, much bigger issue - we needed the entire compressor, coils and motor replaced. The first time they came we thought the issue had been fixed so they left. 30 minutes later the compressor stopped working so I called and they immediately turned around and came back at 7pm. They knew we’d be out of town so the day they fit us in last minute to spend the entire day replacing the compressor and coils. They had to get super creative to find a way to hoist the unit up to the balcony. Artie and Jon are just great guys. Extremely considerate, polite and just overall nice. Super hard working and take pride in the work they do. I can’t recommend them enough.

Description of Work
Replaced AC compressor, motor, coils and control panel

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

05/22/2021

Elizabeth G.

This is one of the best, most competent and honest contractors I use. I’ve used other companies to service my heat and AC but they didn’t compare. They are excellent.

Description of Work
CENTRAL Air season prep

Work Completed On 05/19/2021

05/09/2021

Leah R.

On schedule, with no surprises, and for the cost provided in the initial estimate. They are careful and thorough.

Description of Work
Routine A/C and furnace maintenance and replace A/C coil in central HVAC system

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

03/10/2021

Brian G.

Arthur and John were excellent. Arrived on time, worked very efficiently (2 furnaces in the home), talked me through what they were going to do. Very friendly to boot.

Description of Work
Furnace maintenance

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

12/02/2020

Michelle B.

Arthur was fantastic. Our AC unit broke on an incredibly hot day this summer. He came the very same day while other companies (bigger ones) had us on waiting lists for a week. He was very informative throughout his work, answering all the questions I had about the repair and the problems we were having with our AC unit over the summer, as well as telling me information I didn't even know to ask about. He was also very thoughtful and cautious about physical contact due to COVID and the condition of my health. The AC unit repair hasn't had a hitch. His work was worth every penny and I plan to call them again once all this calms down to fix even more things!

Description of Work
Repair outdoor central AC unit

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

10/22/2020

Amit B.

We hired Fire & Ice to fix a non-functioning furnace. Jonathan arrived same day and was able to quickly fix the problem. He explained everything clearly, was extremely professional, and fixed a number of other related problems. He also came back next day to deal with an AC problem we have. His prices were clear and fair. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Furnace and AC repair.

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

09/11/2020

Jonathan B.

Replied quickly, came promptly, identified and resolved the problem quickly - had the spare part in the truck. Friendly and professional. Up front about the hourly rate at the time of booking - it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't a surprise. Will call them again next time we need service.

Description of Work
Diagnostic - pump replacement

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

09/03/2020

Christina U.

They worked fast and were able to replace my AC unit the same day I called.

Description of Work
New AC unit

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

07/31/2020

Robin W.

Arthur reached out almost immediately to my inquiry. He was able to fit me in the next day. He was honest in his assessment of my unit. Replaced two parts that he had in his truck and was done within an hour. I will hire Arthur again I appreciated feeling informed of how my unit is working. Arthur did exactly what the other reviews said!

Description of Work
I needed my Air Conditioner inspected and possible maintenance.

Work Completed On 08/09/2020

07/23/2020

Brad F.

Very well - Arthur has been to our home twice. Both times he replaced the failing parts, kept the labor hrs. very low and got our central air cranking again. Rather than sell us a new system before we need one he addresses and repairs the issue at hand. He also was very responsive -- we were fortunate that he was able to come same-day (recognizing that's not always possible) in the middle of the hottest part of the summer. FIre + Ice is also a pleasant company to deal with. I give them a strong A-grade, thumbs up.

Description of Work
Fix a halting older central A/C system.

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

07/23/2020

Elizabeth P.

Wonderfully. From the diagnosis on the first visit to completion of job -- about 48 hours. Grateful they were able to find and install a replacement in a very short time, b/c I am up against an Open House deadline. Approximate cost of service below includes new condenser. Hardworking, very professional, courteous, prompt.

Description of Work
diagnosis of old A/C condenser (rigor mortis) and replacement

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

07/17/2020

Rebecca S.

Needed after hours AC repair. Was scheduled For an appointment within 3 hours despite it being an evening for the Team. Appreciated the timely response and troubleshooting to get AC working. Plus all supplies were available on the van so no need to wait or go elsewhere.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

07/02/2020

Jon C.

Great. Arthur was communicative, responsive, fair, and did great work.

Description of Work
Repaired AC compressor

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

06/28/2020

Kersten R.

I was very pleased with the service and promptness. When Arthur came out he was incredibly knowledgable of our system and knew exactly what was needed to get both of our units up and running.

Description of Work
Repair HVAC

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/26/2020

Brian P.

My AC went out right in the middle of a heatwave. Most companies said they were booked weeks out. Fire and Ice said they would find a way to fit me in and when one job finished early they made it over the next day! Not only did they fix the AC but they ran a couple tests first and found a cheaper way with less downtime to get it back running. Also, this was in the height of COVID-19 and we have some immunocompromised family members and they were very thoughtful and professional about finding a way to service the HVAC system while minimizing any time inside the house and wearing masks etc. when inside. Would highly recommend and will definitely use again for any future work!

Description of Work
AC wasn't working in the middle of a heatwave!

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

06/16/2020

Robert D.

Fire and Ice were the best! Lost my central A/C unit when out of nowhere it just 'blew'. Called lots of local folks and Angie's list, but they were most professional, fastest responders, and had the most creative and cost-effective solution for my 15 year old unit that was clearly no longer supported. They came on Friday night and by end of day Monday I had a new unit that has been amazingly efficient and wonderful—not just a replacement, but SO MUCH BETTER than the old one. As a bonus, they even helped do some clear cutting around the outside unit to make sure it didn't get messed up. Would definitely hire them again, and I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

06/15/2020

Stephanie H.

Jonathan was phenomenal!! He managed to fit me in last minute when my A/C broke on an especially hot day during the pandemic. Amazing customer service, knowledgeable and committed to doing a quality job at all times. He went above and beyond during his two visits, and I would recommend him to anybody in the area who is looking for heat and/or A/C! I will certainly be using Fire and Ice (and only Fire and Ice) again in the future!

Description of Work
Heating & A/C