A I RUSSELL CO INC

Founded 1842 • With Angi since August 2007

2 OAKLAND ST

Brighton, MA 02135

Established in 1842. Plumbing, Heating & Gas Fitting. Serving our customer for over 173 Years.

01/19/2018

Diane J.

Came promptly, stayed in touch, followed up as needed, all work completed successfully, made helpful recommendations.

Description of Work
heat zone not working, furnace check, 2 toilets not filling properly

02/03/2016

Thomas C.

Description of Work
Replaced old, (1940) original bathtub fixtures with new ones.

02/20/2015

William F.

I spent about $300. The faucet works excellently now. He was prompt and he didn't have the right part initially but he came back within a few hours to finish the job.

Description of Work
I used A I Russell Company to fix a shower faucet some time in November to December.

01/29/2014

Thomas C.

It works fine now.

Description of Work
I had a leak from a shower faucet. The fixtures are original to the house (1940) and difficult to repair. He replaced the washers on both hot and cold faucets, and stopped the leak, which required a stem to be removed and drilled out. The next day I noticed that now the shower head was dripping. The same guy came back to fix it, accompanied by his boss (owner?).

07/20/2012

Armida M.

I've used Russell twice now. The first time was for a leaky toilet. They came the same day I called. The second time was after a major leak cause us to shut off the water in the house. We had to shut off the water because the bathroom sinks did not have their own shut offs. They came the day I called to determine what work was needed and were back the next day to do the work. They also checked other shut offs in the house to make sure they actually worked.

Description of Work
Fix a leaky toilet the first time and the second time was to fix a leaking pipe and put shutoffs on bathroom sinks in 2 bathrooms.

06/29/2011

steven D.

They are going to the dishwasher for me as well. I think the price was good for the work that they did.

Description of Work
I used A I Russell for pluming and they are the plumbers for my building as well. They moved the gas pipe for me for a stove because I moved the stove over by 2 ft. They did it about a month ago.

01/27/2011

MICHAEL B.

Very well.

Description of Work
A plumber and his assistant arrived promptly to look for the source of a catastrophic water leak from the second floor of my house that caused over $40,000 in damage to my house. They determined that the leak was coming from brass pipes, that, more than 29 years previously, had been capped with steel instead of brass caps. Within hours they had fabricated new brass caps and then applied them stopping the leak. I could not have asked for better service.

12/29/2009

Robert B.

I needed to replace a gas clothes dryer and a garbage disposal. Both appliances were on site. I had used this company in the past but not in the last 5 years. I called A.I. Russell and the person answering said they had a cancellation and they could come in a half hour. Tim came within the half hour and spent 1.25 hours on each project at $105 per hour. He did a great job.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced an existing gas clothes dryer and removed and replaced an existing garbage disposal.

06/17/2009

KIRSTEN R.

We started using them because their office is in our neighborhood, but we've stayed with them because they are responsive, trustworthy, and do quality work. They aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for, and I think their labor rate is on par with their competitors. They've been in business for a very long time and they know how to deal with old plumbing systems. They will fix what needs fixing and give you their good judgement on available options. When I call with an urgent matter they respond very quickly- usually the same day. Even for lower priority issues they always get the job done within a few days.

Description of Work
AI Russell Co has done all of our plumbing work on our 1800's 2 family house for the past 6 years. Over the years they have installed two new gas boilers, fixed numerous clogs and made many repairs in our house and worked on our kitchen renovation project. They've given us numerous DIY tips for maintaining plumbing and avoiding clogs and other problems.

11/19/2007

Aaron W.

They did a poor job of installing the new vanity, sloppy job of cutting the holes in the back of the new vanity. The vanity is secured to the wall in only one place, resulting in a larger gap between the vanity and the wall one side. They did a nice job of installing the new PVC for the drain. The estimate that was given when they came out to look at the job was $260.00 I was charged $342.00.

Description of Work
Removed an old vanity/sink, installed a new vanity and ran a new PVC trap for it.

Category handyman service, plumbing

08/15/2007

ALIN D.

He did a good job cleaning following the job. The total job cost me $106 -- $101 for 1 hr minimum on labor and $5 for parts. Overall it was a good experience.

Description of Work
I had a leaking toilet and needed it addressed immediately. The plumber that came out had to replace the wax seal on the toilet to fix the issue. Seems like a relatively simple remedy but I had no idea what the problem could be. A neighbor of mine suggested that I call Russell plumbing as she had used them before and recommended them to me. The person that answered the call was Tim and he was courteous and helpful. He happened to have time today and agreed to come out to handle the service call. He was at my house within 30 minutes and took care of the problem in a rapid fashion. He was helpful in explaining the issue and answering any other questions that I had.

JC Construction Services Corp

bathroom and kitchen specialist. custom cabinets, fine carpentry, interior and exterior work

Climate Zone

Our team of dedicated professionals can assist with your homes heating, cooling and plumbing needs. We have served the Merrimack Valley and Greater Boston Area since 2001. Looking for heating and cooling maintenance right now? We are available 24 hours a day and can take care of your emergency situation with speed and accuracy. From a precision tune-up to a new system, we've got you covered. We also offer plumbing services including water heater replacement and leak detection and repair. Give us a call today!

Home Service Doctors incorporated

We always put customers and their satisfaction first, which makes us one of the top HVAC companies in Boston metro area . We never compromise on the quality and swiftness of our services, ensuring that we provide every residential and commercial client with the best and premium experience of working with us.

Plumbing, Heating & Gas Fitting.Fixtures & Appliance installation.Hot water heater installation,Gas Boiler repair & installation.Water & Drain repiping & installation. Drain Cleaning .