A I RUSSELL CO INC

Founded 1842 • With Angi since August 2007

Established in 1842. Plumbing, Heating & Gas Fitting. Serving our customer for over 173 Years....

Boston Brothers Construction & Repair, LLC

Boston Brothers Construction & Repair, LLC offers home improvement, handyman, construction and maintenance located in Chestnut Hill, MA. Call us now! Handyman Construction Dover, MA; Westwood, MA; Weston, MA; Wayland, MA; Sherborn, MA Home Renovation, Home Improvement, Home Renovation Companies, Renovation Contractor, Home Remodeling Services, Home Improvement

Mr. Handyman of Greater Newton

Individually owned & operated. Additional services areas newton, newton highlands, newton lower falls & newton upper falls.

Lasky Homesmith Services

• 2016 Super Service Award Winner - 12th Consecutive Year! • Local Owner-Operater Handyman & Master Carpenter Proudly Serving Portions of Metro-West & West Roxbury • Old-Home Restoration Specialist • Under the tutelage of my father, a Master Carpenter & Cabinet Maker, I learned the trades growing up in New York City • After a career in computer programming, and one too many layoffs, I've returned to my roots • No longer an avocation, this work is now my Full-Time Career • I provide a range of Handyman & Finish Carpentry Services requiring a high level of skill and attention to detail • My business is small jobs • For most jobs, I work with another carpenter • I am Fully Insured & hold a Massachusetts Home Improvement Contractor License • I am a 30 Year Resident of Brookline and my family and I live in the Village • Call (617) 905-0981 to Schedule a FREE Estimate or Appointment Today

01/19/2018

Came promptly, stayed in touch, followed up as needed, all work completed successfully, made helpful recommendations.

Description of Work
heat zone not working, furnace check, 2 toilets not filling properly

02/03/2016

Description of Work
Replaced old, (1940) original bathtub fixtures with new ones.

02/20/2015

I spent about $300. The faucet works excellently now. He was prompt and he didn't have the right part initially but he came back within a few hours to finish the job.

Description of Work
I used A I Russell Company to fix a shower faucet some time in November to December.

01/29/2014

It works fine now.

Description of Work
I had a leak from a shower faucet. The fixtures are original to the house (1940) and difficult to repair. He replaced the washers on both hot and cold faucets, and stopped the leak, which required a stem to be removed and drilled out. The next day I noticed that now the shower head was dripping. The same guy came back to fix it, accompanied by his boss (owner?).

07/20/2012

I've used Russell twice now. The first time was for a leaky toilet. They came the same day I called. The second time was after a major leak cause us to shut off the water in the house. We had to shut off the water because the bathroom sinks did not have their own shut offs. They came the day I called to determine what work was needed and were back the next day to do the work. They also checked other shut offs in the house to make sure they actually worked.

Description of Work
Fix a leaky toilet the first time and the second time was to fix a leaking pipe and put shutoffs on bathroom sinks in 2 bathrooms.

06/29/2011

They are going to the dishwasher for me as well. I think the price was good for the work that they did.

Description of Work
I used A I Russell for pluming and they are the plumbers for my building as well. They moved the gas pipe for me for a stove because I moved the stove over by 2 ft. They did it about a month ago.

12/29/2009

I needed to replace a gas clothes dryer and a garbage disposal. Both appliances were on site. I had used this company in the past but not in the last 5 years. I called A.I. Russell and the person answering said they had a cancellation and they could come in a half hour. Tim came within the half hour and spent 1.25 hours on each project at $105 per hour. He did a great job.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced an existing gas clothes dryer and removed and replaced an existing garbage disposal.

06/17/2009

We started using them because their office is in our neighborhood, but we've stayed with them because they are responsive, trustworthy, and do quality work. They aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for, and I think their labor rate is on par with their competitors. They've been in business for a very long time and they know how to deal with old plumbing systems. They will fix what needs fixing and give you their good judgement on available options. When I call with an urgent matter they respond very quickly- usually the same day. Even for lower priority issues they always get the job done within a few days.

Description of Work
AI Russell Co has done all of our plumbing work on our 1800's 2 family house for the past 6 years. Over the years they have installed two new gas boilers, fixed numerous clogs and made many repairs in our house and worked on our kitchen renovation project. They've given us numerous DIY tips for maintaining plumbing and avoiding clogs and other problems.

11/19/2007

They did a poor job of installing the new vanity, sloppy job of cutting the holes in the back of the new vanity. The vanity is secured to the wall in only one place, resulting in a larger gap between the vanity and the wall one side. They did a nice job of installing the new PVC for the drain. The estimate that was given when they came out to look at the job was $260.00 I was charged $342.00.

Description of Work
Removed an old vanity/sink, installed a new vanity and ran a new PVC trap for it.

Category handyman service,plumbing

08/15/2007

He did a good job cleaning following the job. The total job cost me $106 -- $101 for 1 hr minimum on labor and $5 for parts. Overall it was a good experience.

Description of Work
I had a leaking toilet and needed it addressed immediately. The plumber that came out had to replace the wax seal on the toilet to fix the issue. Seems like a relatively simple remedy but I had no idea what the problem could be. A neighbor of mine suggested that I call Russell plumbing as she had used them before and recommended them to me. The person that answered the call was Tim and he was courteous and helpful. He happened to have time today and agreed to come out to handle the service call. He was at my house within 30 minutes and took care of the problem in a rapid fashion. He was helpful in explaining the issue and answering any other questions that I had.

Category plumbing

Plumbing, Heating & Gas Fitting.Fixtures & Appliance installation.Hot water heater installation,Gas Boiler repair & installation.Water & Drain repiping & installation. Drain Cleaning .