Tiger Home Inspection Inc

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2001

969 Washington St Ste 2

Braintree, MA 02184

The purchase of a home for many is the largest investment they will ever make. When you are in the process of purchasing a new home, you want peace of mind that you are making an informed decision. This decision can be extremely stressful and confusing. There is always considerable risk involved when making such a large investment. However, hiring a professional home inspector will significantly reduce your risk and help make the entire home buying process easier and less stressful. Tiger Home Inspection will provide you with peace of mind. Additional email - tigerhomeinspection@beld.net. Additional contact name - Bill Delaney. Additional phones - (781) 843-9927, (800) 628-4437. Independently owned....

11/27/2021

Dan H.

Jack Foley was the Tiger inspector. Jack was very thorough and meticulous in completing the home inspection. He was very patient in explaining how systems and components worked and in sharing his concerns and recommendations for repair or follow up. Jack professionally identified his top concerns and explained the safety exposures for our consideration. We were able to negotiate and proceed with the purchase with confidence with a plan to address issues of concern. Highly recommend Tiger and their team for professional and thorough inspections. If you opt for the free Alvin Hollis oil tank ultrasonic test, request that their technician check in with you when on site before their inspection and that they conduct the Alvin Hollis test in your presense.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon test

Category home inspection,radon testing

08/14/2017

Mohammed Baseer A.

He had a more personal touch. The personal experience was good.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

01/11/2017

Paul J.

I thought it was overpriced. They didn't check the lights when ever I moved in and a few of my lights are not working and I talked to them about it but I don't think even though I asked them to do it they didn't do it so now I have lights that don't work.

Description of Work
Home inspection.

10/25/2016

Cynthia M.

It went well. The inspector was professional, on time, and provided information about what needed to be fix. He produced a full report on the spot which was great for timeliness. However, the report wasn't detailed enough. For ex: If there were broken hinges, I would have appreciated an estimate of how many- were there 2 broken hinges or at least 5? Seems minor, but when trying to plan for fixes and cost estimates that detail along with photos would be tremendously helpful.

Description of Work
Provided home inspection for new buyer. Offered additional service of having tank inspected (no additional cost).

08/19/2016

Scott G.

Fine, quick, and hassle free. Appears to have been thorough enough as well. The report format feels a little check-list-y, but details are given on anything that's not at code / standard. It would have been nice to have a few photos embedded in the final report I will say. The inspector Kevin O'Neill is very knowledgeable and professional.

Description of Work
Home inspection.

02/25/2016

Erik W.

They did a home inspection. I would not use them because I know somebody else that does inspection and I would probably use them first. I had a few small complications. First of all, their website said they take photographs but they don't. We had some difficulty with the PDF report that they turned in. It wasn't printing properly. That was some kind of a computer glitch. Among the variety of things of the house that wasn't on the inspection report was some repair needed on the front steps. I don't think anywhere on the report did it say that how in depth the repair was needed. It would have helped to know if the steps were up to code or not. When we went to repair them, it meant replacing them to get them up to code.

Description of Work
We used Tiger Home Inspection.

10/29/2015

Alexander N.

This is Not a good company. The inspector was hurried the whole time not paying close attention to what he was doing. The report is very generic. They don't take photographs of any of the property including the things they write up on the report. But the worst problem was they entirely missed that my upstairs HVAC system was full of Mold. The report just says the system was Dusty/Dirty. Then I had a reputable service professional come and do a service they told me that it was in fact mold. I called Tiger and was directed to their Customer Service. Their response was something about the state not requiring them to test for mold. I asked her if their home inspectors know the difference between dusty and Mold. She said go read my contract. She made it clear they would do nothing to try to rectify the situation.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

09/25/2015

Sal P.

Below is my personal opinion about Tiger Home Inspection. I am very unhappy with their home inspection services. Tiger Home Inspection charged me $495 for a 2 hour inspection. The inspector missed several areas, including a deck where my 4 year old son's foot almost went through one of the boards, due to many boards being rotted. I am talking about large rotted holes!!! An experienced home inspector should not have missed them! After giving us the runaround Tiger Home Inspection finally agreed to come "take a look" at the issues. A supervisor called me shortly before he was supposed to arrive to tell me that he would not be able to come because it was raining. I told him that it was very disappointing. His reply was "I am not going to risk my life driving to Amesbury". I had to take the day off from work so I could be home but he did not care. I told them that I would write reviews and let friends and family members know how unprofessional and unreliable they were. Their mistake not only cost me a day of work but now I will have to spend several hundred dollars to have the deck fixed in order for it to be safe. On 9/18/15 I called Sean Rizzo the owner of Tiger Home Inspection and asked him for a refund. I sent him photos of the deck and told him that they are welcome to come to take a look at the deck if he still didn't believe me. He said he was going to think about it and call me back. Today is 9/25 and I still haven't head back from Sean. Sean, I know that you will be reading this review and I understand that mistakes can happen, but you must take ownership when they happen and make things right for your customers. Please do the right thing and refund my money, so I can come here and tell others that you made things right. Thank you

Description of Work
Home Inspection

03/18/2015

Jeannette S.

Stefano inspected several properties for us. He did a great job every time. He is very professional, skilled, and knowledgable. His great personality makes working with him a pleasure.

Description of Work
They inspected our home.

12/29/2014

Susanna B.

I forgot the name of the guy who came to inspect. He was very punctual and that was fine but we discovered several things that he did not catch and that was very problematic. He was good and thorough but there several things he did not notice and that was a little frustrating. The price was fine.

DryBoston

We are the preferred disaster restoration, clean up and home remodeling company for Massachusetts homeowners. We stand behind every job we do. Please contact us if you want our team to get to work for you. We'll be on our way to get started.

Pro Tech Consultants

Pro-Tech Consultants Home Inspections is a firm that has successfully helped thousands of people since 1996 get the homes of their dreams. Obviously a thorough home inspection or condo inspection is vital in helping you determine if your investment is a sound one. The inspection is only as good as the home inspector performing it! Owner and principal inspector, Wayne E. Robbins, has 29 years of experience in residential construction, remodeling and home inspections. Cost determined by the job. Massachusetts state license number: 351, ASHI Certified Inspector. Award winning.

A Quality Home Inspection Inc

My goal is to educate as well as inspect. I will walk through the home in your presence and examine each system. I treat your new home like a big book, and we will turn the pages together so by the end of the inspection, you will know as much about your new home as I do. I then write a comprehensive, narrative report complete with color photos that is emailed to you that evening. I also offer follow up consultation for any report I write.

Check, Visa, MasterCard