ACORN TREE & LANDSCAPING INC

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2008

4.4

513 CODMAN HILL RD

Boxborough, MA 01719

Large Tree Moving/transplanting experts...

06/07/2018

bruce E.

Great, big job, great price for the job being close to the house which required a bucket truck and disassembly of the tree. I was skeptical because I live in the country never paid this much, Erick is great guy who got along with the neighbors and waited till the job was done to be paid. No regrets here and my wife likes this. He said my oak tree is ok which might have been a big job for him but, he didn't try to take advantage. Overall A+ and I'm going to have him do a smaller job in a few weeks.

Description of Work
remove tree from front yard

10/04/2016

Kathleen D.

03/24/2016

Jeffrey M.

Description of Work
removed apple tree and pruned 3 others.....did a very nice job, clean...would recommend

08/04/2015

Frank D.

I got the feeling that they were trying to inflate the cost during the job. Slow to respond to issues.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming, Dead Branch Removal

12/18/2014

Robert P.

Description of Work
Professional. Well equaipped. They know aht they are doing and do it well. More expensive than some however.

05/27/2014

Robert R.

Work was performed professionally and done on time. Note to Angie - This is the 2nd time I've submitted this review. {ER}

Description of Work
We wanted to use a professional arborist to prune our large red maple tree - the primary tree in our front yard. 4 additional smaller shrubs were also trimmed

11/22/2013

Olivier B.

We had called a few tree professionals for estimates and Acorn had the best price. They are also right down the road from us. We were very happy with the recommendations, and time taken to explain things and their ability to get the job done in short order. We had a few large oak trees in our front yard pruned, and one was cabled. Another tree was limbed a bit to reduce the risk of those limbs snapping and hitting the house or landing on cars in the driveway. They also picked up a bunch of other limbs and yard debris that we had created ourselves from some earlier work this fall. Additionally, I had them take down some trees at the edge of our yard that had snapped off in years prior to us buying the house since I saw them as a safety hazard. They ran everything through the shredder and stacked up the larger pieces that were fireplace-worthy. In the time allotted they got nearly everything done that I wanted to, except for taking down a tree on the side yard that is covered in vines and in striking distance of the house. They did have to cut the day short due to the rain, so I will give them a call to see if they will be coming back to get that last part done.

Description of Work
Limbed, pruned and cabled some large oak trees and cleared from unsafe fallen trees at the edge of our lawn.

04/12/2012

Ashton S.

No proposal = no work performed

Description of Work
Visited Acorn with my wife and viewed their nursery. This place is a long way from where we live, so this was an investment in time on our part. Requested proposal which was never provided, in spite of my follow up. Very disappointing, after we were promised a proposal at our visit.

06/16/2011

Julianna R.

Part of my driveway was damaged from their mini-bulldozer truck which they didn't tell me about and I only discovered the damage after they left. I was charged for reseeding which I don't mind because they had to come out again due to a heavy thunderstorm. However, the second time they came out, they did not reseed all the original areas that were raked and thatched on my lawn. They only rehydroseeded one section of the lawn that was hilly. The grass is coming in now, but it's very spotty and only in the area that was rehydroseeded a second time. I watered everyday as they instructed me too. I'd call again but I don't want to pay another $200 for work that should have been done the second time they came out.

Description of Work
Lawn was raked and thatched and hydroseeded.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

12/30/2010

Frederick T.

I don't know how much we spent but they are expensive. They do excellent work and the quality of everything is really superb. However, they are very expensive. I would tell somebody who doesn't care about the price but wants to have really good work done that they are fantastic. They are knowledgeable. Everything about them I would say is good except they are expensive. They were excellent. We didn't have any problems with their price. It is what it is. We may use them in the future but if we found somebody else cheaper, we would use them.

Description of Work
Acorn Tree & Landscaping came out last fall and took down a couple of trees.

06/03/2008

Frederick T.

End result was beautiful! I would not hesitate to deal with Acorn again and would recommend them to anyone with similar needs.

Description of Work
Replaced two major decorative trees in critical patio area with selected mature trees. Tree selection in their nurseries was outstanding. They took the time (Sean Bilodeau, President) to show us around their properties on several occasions and consulted with us on our needs. Sean visited our property himself to assess our situation and provided many helpful suggestions on appropriate installations. We selected two beautiful trees from their stock and their crew, led by Christian Bilodeau, showed up within one week for the installation. This was a major job and involved removing a fence, taking up a nearly complete flagstone patio, carefully excavating large holes (trees were 15 feet or so, with large root balls) and carefully orienting the trees for maximum appeal. The entire crew was highly professional, friendly and respectful of our property. Our property was fully restored to original condition and all debris completely removed. It was a real pleasure to deal with Acorn Tree & Landscaping. They consistently made us feel like important customers! Sean himself re-visited our property to check up on the health and well being of our new trees and will return later for a subsequent assessment.

Bay State Brick & Stonework

Bay State Brick and Stonework, a Super Service Award winner, was founded in 1989 in West Roxbury, Massachusetts serving all of Eastern Massachusetts including the urban centers of Boston and Cambridge. Our expertise includes all elements of masonry restoration and new masonry construction.         Additional address - 30 Winter St, Mansfield, MA 02048. Additional phone - (508) 339-2770. Additional DBA - baystatebrick.com.

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi
    MasonWorks LLC

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West

Offers by MasonWorks LLC on Angi

TREE TRANSPLANTING. SPECIMEN TREE NURSERY. LANDSCAPE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION. LAWN INSTALLATION. TREE AND PLANT CARE AND MAINTENANCE. CONSULTATIONS.