Tufts Medical Center

With Angi since April 2012

800 Washington St

Boston, MA 02111

Tufts Medical Center is an internationally-respected academic medical center – a teaching hospital where we pride ourselves not only in the sophistication of the care we provide but the compassionate way in which we provide it. We care for all patients from the tiniest newborns at our full-service pediatric hospital, Floating Hospital for Children to centenarians in our specialized Geriatrics clinic. We strive to heal, to comfort, to teach, to learn, and to seek the knowledge to promote health and prevent disease. Our patients and their families are at the center of everything we do. We dedicate ourselves to furthering our rich tradition of health care innovation, leadership, charity and the highest standard of care and service to all in our community. Surgery is performed on site in some departments. Appointments: 617-636-5000 Info Desk: 617-636-6033 Surgery is performed at this site. To see if this provider is board certified go to abms.org. ...

10/02/2017

Jeanine G.

I saw my PCP which is always excellent them saw the opthamologist which was great.

Description of Work
Primary Care Physician office

Category ophthalmology, internist

09/21/2015

ERICA D.

It went very well. There was a bit of a wait when we first got there but that is to be expected in an urban emergency department.

Description of Work
A family member had an emergency and we visited the ER at Tufts Medical Center. Very positive experience all around. Highly recommend.

04/23/2015

I have been with him for like 25 years. He is fantastic- he is upfront and honest.

Description of Work
Dr. Robert Kalish is my rheumatologist. He takes care of my rheumatoid arthritis

Category rheumatology

04/14/2015

You usually wait 10 to 15 minutes before you're seen.

Description of Work
I went to New England Eye Center for a regular checkup.

Category ophthalmology

04/07/2015

My current oncologist is Dr. Erban. Ive seen him a couple of time and I like him. I told him, its taken me a long time to make an appointment to see you. Dr. Nordstrom had referred me to him. The office did call me for an appointment. They're right on top of my back. I have no complaint with the oncology care that I get. They have prompt response any day or night. I don't really know him too much. I've seen him a couple of times. They are wonderful. I tell anybody when they tell me their woes, this is where I went. I will probably be with him for the remaining of my life.

Category oncology

02/11/2015

Burton O.

They're fine. I've only had two interactions with him, so I don't know him too well.

Description of Work
General practitioner.

02/02/2015

Victoria R.

I have been going to him for at least 12 years. He listens to me. I discuss any issues I have and he will give me his opinion on the concerns. He will have me follow up with a specialist if necessary. He is very good to talk to. He has a very nice manner about him. I'm not sure if he is currently accepting new patients.

Description of Work
Dr. Paul Duncan is my primary care provider. I saw him for a checkup.

Category family doctor, internist

01/13/2015

She is very good, thorough, patient and considerate. She encourages her patients to contact her with any questions or concerns. They do not over book appointments as the longest I have waited is 10 minutes. They have great availability and scheduling.

Description of Work
I have been seeing her for 10 years for any medical needs.

01/13/2015

LYNN C.

We were seen that day (Sunday) by a very competent provider who was helpful

Description of Work
accompanying a relative who needed emergency services

10/24/2014

Douglas W.

The service went very well. They had very good communication.

Description of Work
We used Tufts Medical Center for dentistry.

Category dentists

10/22/2014

CLAIRE N.

I had a very complicated aneurysm in my brain . BIDC told me to get a second opinion and when I spoke with a surgeon at BIDC and they seemed reluctant to perform the surgery. They said that the aneurysm had a 10% chance of rupturing and since the risk of surgery was about the same risk , I could opt out of the surgery and monitor it every 6 months . After another exam the said it would be a complicated surgery because of other arteries were passing thru the aneurysm and would need to be rerouted. I called MGH and didn't get a return call for two weeks. I called Tufts and got an appointment for Friday of the same week. Dr Adele Malik was my surgeon and he was incredible. He ordered more scans and found a daughter aneurysm on top of the larger aneurysm and said that the daughter aneurysm was much more dangerous than the larger aneurysm. He explained everything clearly and was confident he could do the surgery with a low risk. He explained why he would use a clip rather than a coil or stent. Surgery was scheduled for 10 days later and all went perfectly . Dr Malik saved my life and I will be ever grateful to him and his staff and the entire staff at Tufts Medical. Dr Malik is a gifted surgeon with a great bedside manner and I would highly recommend him. Jim Norris

Description of Work
repair of brain aneurysm

06/27/2014

He looks like super young, but he is obviously in his forties. He is very energetic. He is super intelligent and thorough. He takes the time to get to know you and he has a good bedside manner. I love this doctor.

Description of Work
Dr. Arnold Lee did surgery on my deviated septum. I had a botched septum and he fixed that.

Category cosmetic surgery

05/26/2014

He is thorough and professional. Appointments have always gone well. Highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Follow-up on surgical removal of pituitary tumor in 1990; orders necessary tests and informs me of all test results.

Category endocrinologist, internist

04/07/2014

He specializes in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and he is outstanding. He was even brought up with it; his father did the same thing. It is the treatment of HCM. He is a specialty, but he is great at what he does.

Description of Work
I saw Dr. Martin Maron for my Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.

Category heart surgery, cardiologist, internist

10/23/2013

Both eyes done over the past month with great success.

Description of Work
cataract surgery

Category ophthalmology

09/12/2013

Dr. Silberman was very welcoming, yet highly professional. He asks many questions then spends time actually listening to the answers and then asks more questions. His is direct and gets right to the point and he will tell you what you need to hear (some people may not like that).He also remembers everything that I have told him since I started seeing him and he is the first person that picked up on things about me that no one else has. His perceptions have been insightful and right on target and his suggestions and treatments have been life changing (for the better) for me. I am hesitant to share my wonderful experience with Dr. Silberman as I want to insure that he will have room in his calendar for my appts. He really is that good.

Description of Work
I went to Dr. Silberman for help with life issues. I was at my wits end with inability to focus, get things done and my frustration with myself and accompanying health issues.

Category psychiatrist

08/09/2013

Dr. Estes was excellent. He performed the surgery on me and it went well. I would never go to another vascular doctor besides him.

Description of Work
I went to Dr. Estes and he diagnosed me with a Clogged artery.

Category vascular surgery

07/17/2013

I am pleased to write about an extraordinarily positive plastic surgery experience I recently had with Dr. Christopher Davidson of Wellesley,MA. I'm a 65+ man with a youthful spirit and demeanor. The only thing that gave away my age was my "turkey neck" ? a collection of extra skin below my chin that actually clung to the top or my chest when I moved my head. It bothered me a great deal (although many people said they never noticed it!) After years of bemoaning my genetic fate, I decided it was time to do something about it. I looked online for plastic surgeons and was impressed by Dr. Davidson's background and training and the extremely positive reviews of his work. I had two meetings with Dr. Davidson before taking the plunge and undergoing a "neck lift." Dr. Davidson was extremely clear in telling me what the procedure entailed and what the recuperation would be. I felt very comfortable talking with him and decided to go ahead with the surgery. Needless to say, I'm thrilled I did!! It's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I look and feel at least ten years younger. The surgery itself went very smoothly. The nursing staff was superb, as was the anesthesiologist. Dr. Davidson's office manager, Pam, makes you feel like you're "family." I experienced some pain the first day after surgery, but it was manageable. After a day and a half, I took myself off all painkillers. I wore a neck sling for a week (not the most enjoyable experience), but it wasn't too bad. The most important thing is that Dr. Davidson did a superb job! My neck looks completely natural. People who don't know me would never guess in a thousand years that I had any "work" done. Dr. Davidson told me that he tends to be conservative in order to achieve a natural look. And this approach certainly paid off. Dr. Davidson and his entire staff are incredibly nurturing and caring. The doctor called me at home twice to see how I was doing. He was attentive, responsive, and most of all extremely accessible. If anyone is considering any kind of plastic or reconstructive surgery, I would strongly recommend Dr. Christopher Davidson and his extraordinary team. He is one of the most outstanding medical professionals I have ever encountered.

Description of Work
Finding about having a neck lift. The doctor was extremely helpful and explanatory.

Category surgeons

06/04/2013

Dawn F.

I've always had good luck at Tufts Medical Center. I think they're very patient and always available. I've never had any bad experiences at Tufts Medical Center. The staff is very good, including those in reception. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I went to an optometrist at Tufts Medical Center because my eye was swollen.

Category optometrist, internist

05/20/2013

I went to see Dr. Schienman because other dermatologists had not been able to identify the cause of the dermatitis that I have been suffering on my hands. What sets her practice apart is the systematic way in which she and her staff test for a wide array of possible causes of immune reaction which produce the dermatitis. So there is an initial consultation and then a three sessions of patch testing which take place in one week, one to apply the patches, the second to get a preliminary reading and remove the patches, and the last one to gain a final reading and provide final recommendations. Instead of guessing about possible causes, we are in the realm of evidence, and it was very reassuring and comforting to have hard data about what was going on. (Previous to this, I had been trying things more or less haphazardly for the better part of three years.) Not all of the problem is gone (it is hard, for example, to eliminate chrome entirely from one's diet) but enough reduced that it is no longer a chronic skin condition in danger of being infected, and having recurring problems. As far as I know there are no other dermatological practices that are as advanced in these procedures as she is. Dr. Schienman does what she does very well indeed.

Description of Work
I have gone to Dr. Schienman for a long-standing issue with contact and systemic dermatitis.

05/20/2013

Marcos P.

They are good, and I have always liked them.

Description of Work
I use them for primary care.

05/10/2013

Sheila B.

Exam was fine. No problems with my eyes. Recieved new prescription. However, the bill for this was over $500 dollars. First they tried to submit to my health insurance which of course rejected it. Then they submitted it to my vision insurance but I still ended up owing $237.00. This is more than I have ever had to pay for any eye exam before even when I paid the entire bill. I thought this charge was outrageous. I have no eye problems other than needing glasses for myopia. The optomotrist did a complete exam but nothing worth over $500.00. I will never go back there again.

Description of Work
Saw optomotrist for routine eye exam. I wear contact lenses and need yealry eye exam.

Category optometrist

03/25/2013

Dr. Salter is very straight forward and a little more accessible than many psychiatrists are. She doesn't do therapy, but she does talk to you about what is going on in your life and she has helped me on a psychological (not just psychiatric) level a number of times. She is always very punctual but doesn't make you feel like she has to rush you to see her next patient. The whole office environment is very nice.

Description of Work
I am bi-polar and I see Dr. Salter on a regular basis to make sure meds are working and that I am doing well.

07/18/2012

I have been seeing him for eight years now. I have been very happy with his services. He is punctual, professional, and responsive. He has a good bedside manner. His staffs are friendly. I would definitely see him again.

Description of Work
Dr. Jeffrey Sobel is my skin doctor, and I last saw him in April.

06/19/2012

He is excellent. He is meticulous in his care and he is very responsive. He gets back to you right away after surgery. He is a very pleasant and respectful person. He is very competent and excellent. He is an outstanding surgeon.

Description of Work
I visited Dr. Lee for facial reconstruction.

Category cosmetic surgery

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi
    Jason Shippee electrician

Give us a call or click to request a quote today! I have over 16 years of Electrical and Customer Service experience. Family oriented business and equipped to handle your electric needs! Including, generators, outdoor lighting, wiring, repairs, indoor lighting, small drywall repairs and more!

JP O'Brien Electric LLP

Since 2004, we have established the most reliable and trusted service around. We do the job right the first time and will not take short cuts to get a project done faster or cheaper. We do the work the way we would want it done in our own homes! It is of the utmost importance to us to be there for our customers when needed, whether it be nights, weekends, rain or shine, no matter how big or small the job. We are fully licensed and insured. Licenses & Affiliations: MA Journeyman License #50824 MA Masters License #20729 BBB - Better Business Bureau

Primary Care - Internal Medicine