SimpliSafe Home Security

Founded 2006 • With Angi since December 2011

294 Washington Street

Boston, MA 02108

You’d pay a fortune to keep your family safe, but you shouldn’t pay a penny more than $14.99! Most alarms systems seem like a bargain---UNTIL you look at the cost of signing a long-term alarm contract for $30, $40, sometimes even $50/month. Protect your home and your wallet with a SimpliSafe home security system. Our alarm monitoring costs just $14.99/month, and we’ll never lock you into a contract, so you are free to cancel with us anytime. Each year that you protect your family with SimpliSafe, you’ll save up to $420...that’s why the nation’s leading financial expert, Dave Ramsey, recommends SimpliSafe to all his listeners. Try SimpliSafe today! You have nothing to lose---we are so sure you’ll be happy with your alarm that we offer you a three year product warranty and a 60 Day No-Questions-Asked Full Refund Guarantee...

03/29/2022

Sidney J.

They are fine. Their price is very good and the hardware is holding up very well.

Description of Work
They put home security.

12/02/2020

Kellie S.

Shortly after we ordered the system we changed our mind. The company said they would refund the money but never did. We disputed the charge but was denied from the credit card company even though SimpliSafe could not produce an invoice or any price they sent the system to us. This company is untrustworthy and does not deserve your business. Please save your time and money and use someone else. Just an update. They did return the money they originally refused to refund when we went through the credit card company. I can’t change the grade I have them because the only reason they issued the refund was to protect their standing on Angie’s list.

Description of Work
Home security system

Category home security systems

Hi [Member Name Removed], We attempted to reach you last week, but were unsuccessful. We'd like to resolve the payment and make sure that you do get your refund. Please contact us so that we can investigate and make sure that your refund does post to your account. Brad

04/28/2020

Arthur Paul M.

Poor service with often no link being made to monitor service center.

Description of Work
Alarm Monitoring - 20% of time, no link to monitor service

Category home security systems

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry that you've been having issues with getting your system online. We tried reaching out a couple of times to help you resolve the connection issues and get your system back online and fully functional, but we were unable to connect with you. Please give us a call at 888-910-1458, and we'd be happy to do anything we can to help. Best, Brad SimpliSafe

02/27/2020

Cheryl G.

Can't imagine using any other company for security

Description of Work
Security system

Category home security systems

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the feedback! Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are open 7 days a week, from 9AM to Midnight, EST. Best, Brad M SimpliSafe, Inc. 1-888-957-4675

06/13/2019

Mitchell R.

This is an update to an update. I've had Simplisafe for about 4 1/2 years, and it wasn't working well for us. We had trouble getting the components to communicate. We had false alarms. The customer support was okay - I think they tried, but for whatever reason, the system just didn't work well in my home. Someone from Simplisafe offered to replace the system, and so far it seems to be working well. I'm curious to see if we have any problems with the motion sensors. I previously changed the sensitivity to "low" to make sure we didn't trigger false alarms, but for now, I'm leaving the new ones at the default setting. I greatly appreciate the customer service and them reaching out to me. After spending $500 on the components and countless hours fiddling with the system, I'm hopeful that it will work without much effort on my part now. Taking down the old system and setting up the new one took about 2 1/2 hours and was fairly easy.

Description of Work
Wireless Alarm system

Category home security systems

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm glad to hear that the replacement system is working much better for you. Please let us know if you experience any issues or have any questions about the new system. Best, Brad M SimpliSafe Customer Support

05/11/2019

Mitchell R.

This is an update to a previous review. I wanted to like this system, but after investing hundred of dollars and countless hours, I can't recommend this system. The system is wireless, so it does allow for flexibility in installing the components. For example, you can put sensors on dresser drawers and interior doors, and you can easily move motion sensors from room to room. Installation is easy enough, but I found that the distance between the keypad and the tower/base needs to be short. The base supposedly has a range of 400 feet, but apparently, everything and anything (wiring, plumbing, floors, walls, etc.) can interfere with the base and keypad communicating with each other, so I had to try out numerous locations for each before it finally worked. The straight line distance between my base and keypad ended up being about 15 feet. The biggest problem with this system is the numerous false alarms. We've been woken in the middle of the night; I've had leave work early at least 3 times; the police have been out; the fire department has been out. I will probably get fined by my city at some point because of the false alarms. One smoke detector has had 3 false alarms, and it's only one year old. This particular smoke detector had only been up for 2 months when it had its first false alarm. I've never had a false alarm from any other smoke detector in my life. My only option at this point is to get rid of the smoke detector, so that's $30 down the drain. The front door had a false alarm a few weeks ago (requiring me leave work to check it). In addition to the keypad and base having to be near each other, sensors will periodically lose connection with the base. While this generally can be fixed by removing the battery from the sensor and then putting it back in, it's more time I have to dedicate to keep this system working. In addition, I got a "not connected to dispatch" message recently. I don't know why, and again, it required me to put more time into figuring out why the system wasn't working. In summary, the system does do (or can do) what it's supposed to do, but the range is not very good, it requires a lot of effort to keep it working, and the false alarms are extremely annoying and inconvenient, with one of my smoke alarms being a complete lemon from the beginning.

Description of Work
Wireless Alarm System

02/18/2019

Tara C.

Note: be ware SimpliSafe and several sites listing good reviews will NOT allow you to post reviews, but actually goes out and clips only the good reviews to display on their site. On 7/31/2018 I upgraded an existing system we had from SimpliSafe, from a solicitation to upgrade for a reduced price by returning our old system. We purchased a camera as part of the package but could not get it to work. The cameras did not work and we switched out at least 5 of them. Two worked for about a week and then went off line and could not be reconnected. I have spent at least at least 648 minutes (which is 10.8 HOURS) over a minimum of 28 phone calls to rectify the situation. It took an act of congress to receive $59.40 refund for the non-functioning camera. I finally became so frustrated I cancelled both our personal and business accounts. We asked for a refund on the system, Simplisafe refused stating the order was over 60 days. This was over sixty days because we kept trying to get the camera to work and Simplisafe continued to insist we replace the camera. I spent hours trying to get this to work from August through the end of November and then waited months to receive the refund after many LONG phone calls being told it was being refunded and then excuse after excuse of why it had not been refunded. I would have given up trying to get the $59.40 back but it is the principal. How many people have the stolen money from? People who just give up because you really have little reasonable options. I want to return the system and receive a full refund.

Description of Work
Upgraded our Simplisafe systems through solicitation offer

Category home security systems

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with SimpliSafe. It looks like you were able to work with a supervisor and return the system for a refund. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Best, Brad SimpliSafe, Inc. 1-888-957-4675

11/12/2018

Melanie F.

We ordered on line (through Angie's List) and it was sent Fedex, with instructions that were easy to follow and system working fine ever since

Description of Work
We purchased security system from SimpliSafe

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed] Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We are pleased to know that you are happy with our system & service. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are open 7 days a week, from 9AM to Midnight, EST. Best Ragards Jon S. SimpliSafe, Inc. 1-888-957-4675

11/07/2018

Ron H.

Easy install. Had 5 years. RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Installed myself

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! Thank you for your lasting patronage and positive feedback. We've been working hard to maintain the high quality service that our customers would expect. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. We are open 7 days a week, from 9AM to Midnight, EST. Best, David H. SimpliSafe, Inc. 1-888-957-4675

10/04/2018

Ann R.

They are very reasonable and they care. They send parts if anything is ever broken. They trust their customers, stay on the phone with you as long as is needed and their customer service is just exceptional. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I have their alarm system in my home. They monitor it and they always call me when I test it.

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], I'm glad you have had a great experience with us! We love any sort of feedback that we receive so you're review is much appreciated. If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to give us a call! We are open from 9am - 12am Midnight EST 7 days a week. I hope you have a great day! Regards, David SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-957-4675

08/15/2018

Gretchen T.

They were not able to help.. Said that is as loud as it gets and I have had people over and they also have an issue with that.

Description of Work
called regarding the volume on the unit. Can't hear her speak or the tones when I set or come into the home. I called and they could not do anything about it... frustrated as it was a gift and I can't hear the speaking or ding sound,. but if the alarm goes off I can sure hear that....

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with this review. I know that you've had issue with the volume of the door chime not being loud enough. While there is an option to adjust the volume of your door chimes between Low, Medium, and High, I understand if the High setting is not sufficient enough to fit your needs. Unfortunately, outside of adjusting the volume setting, there isn't really any other way to increase the sound of the door chime. We did just release the All New SimpliSafe earlier this year. This new system has some additional customization which allows the door chimes to be mimicked by the auxiliary siren as well. This would allow you to have the door chimes sound in two different locations in your home. Now I'm not trying to tell you to upgrade to the new system, I'm just letting you know of that option. If you need additional technical support or would like to learn more about the all new SimpliSafe Home Security System, please feel free to give us a call and anyone here would be more than happy to help. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Jon S. SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

06/20/2018

Susan G.

Great! Self-install items are simple. Website is clear and organized. App is easy and substitutes for a key fob. Customer service is US based, very helpful and professional. Monitoring with a human operator is prompt. Just added an interior camera, too! There is a monthly fee at different levels. I pay about $25 for the monitored service. There are lesser services/fees.

Description of Work
Security Alarm and Monitoring

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], I'm glad you have had a great experience with us! We love any sort of feedback that we receive so you're review is much appreciated. If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to give us a call! We are open from 9am - 12am Midnight EST 7 days a week. I hope you have a great day! Regards, Gregory SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-957-4675

06/10/2018

John R.

It was self install. Directions were clear and installation went fine.

Description of Work
Purchased Security System

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], I'm very happy to hear that you're satisfied with our system! We pride ourselves on making everything go as smoothly as possible. If you have any further questions please feel free to give us a call! We are open 7 days a week from 9am-12am Midnight EST. I hope you have a great day! Regards, Gregory SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-957-4675

05/24/2018

Victor M.

Simplisafe is self-install. Very easy to set up, however, if you have to call for assistance be prepared to wait.

Description of Work
Bought an alarm system

05/21/2018

TOM & VICKI G.

OK. Was more complicated and took longer than planned, but satisfied with results.

Description of Work
Bought and installed home security system.

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with this review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the results of your SimpliSafe system. If you need additional technical support or have any questions, please feel free to give us a call and any representative here will be more than happy to help you. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Kathy SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

05/01/2018

David S.

Easy to install. Connected to local police & fire. Can turn it on & off remotely. Wish I had purchased the cameras. Next purchase. I had this in a house I was selling in Michigan & it was good to know that everything was secure, and added a benefit for selling the house.

Description of Work
Home security monitoring

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with this review. We are happy to hear that you found the system easy to install. Our no contract monthly monitoring plan starts at $14.99 and comes with no hidden fees if you decide to cancel or suspend your service. If you find that you need help during your next purchase or have additional questions, please feel free to give us a call and any representative here will be more than happy to help you. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Kathy SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

04/27/2018

Margaret M.

Adequate. Not enough detail about how the system works before purchasing.

Description of Work
Home security

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with this review. We appreciate the feedback as it will help us improve the customer learning experience on our website. We currently have various resources available online. The SimpliSafe Help center contains frequently asked questions. The User Forum contains questions and concerns from our customers. If you need additional technical support or would like to learn more about your SimpliSafe Home Security System, please feel free to give us a call and anyone here would be more than happy to help. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Kathy SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

04/24/2018

Jim L.

very easy to install. System has worked very well

Description of Work
installed home security system

04/23/2018

Jim L.

very good. simple to install(it really is). you test the system and they respond if it is working ok. You purchase the system and they charge a very reasonable $15.00 month monitor fee.

Description of Work
purchased home security system

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad that the installation process was simple for you two. I am also happy to hear that the monitoring price is a good fit for your needs. If you find that you have any questions, or are in need of our assistance, please feel free to give us a call and anyone here should be able to help you. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Gregory SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

04/10/2018

melissa S.

I have had SimpliSafe for 11 months now. It has completely stopped working! 5 months in the motion detector was malfunctioning. The police came to my house 3 xs because of this! I called customer service. I was told that I would have to buy a new motion detector because they do NOT replace malfunctioning sensors! At this point, only 11 months, the whole system does not work. The door does not chime anymore when open, the alarm does not sound when needed, the senors keep "malfunctioning". They will not stand by their product. 400$ down the drain. Awful! Be aware!

Description of Work
Awful product! Please read

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with this review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with our system and customer service was not satisfactory. That is definitely not the experience we want you to have going forward. We have a 3 year warranty that covers our products - if we are not able to resolve the issue with you through troubleshooting, we will replace the product, at no additional cost to you. I am glad we were able to speak and get this issue resolved. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future. I would be more than happy to help. If you would like to speak with me, please give us a call at 1-888-957-4675 and ask to speak with Kathy at Ext. 600. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Kathy SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

04/08/2018

Charlie S.

SimpliSafe is way to go! It's easy to install and reasonably priced. I really like that there are no long term contracts to sign, just month to month and that buying add on accessories is very easy to do and the prices are reasonable.

Description of Work
Need a home security system

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with this review. We are happy to hear that you found the system easy to install and that you found the pricing of our systems and monthly monitoring plans to be reasonably priced. Our no contract monitoring comes with no hidden fees if you decide to cancel or suspend your service. If you find that you need additional components or have any questions, please feel free to give us a call and any representative here will be more than happy to help you. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Kathy SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

02/16/2018

Gary T.

I have been asking them to create a keypad where the numbers light up - so you can see at night. They finally came out with one, BUT it only works with the whole new system they just brought to market. They did not make it backward compatible to the system I purchased from them. They tell me the only way to get the keypad is buy the entire system again! To me - they're just looking to sell everyone again. AND... don't try calling their customer service line - you'll be on hold FOREVER. I finally gave up and called their sales line - guess what - they answered that call immediately

Description of Work
purchased home alarm system from them appx 4 years ago. Wanted a new keypad now.

01/11/2018

Barbara H.

Easy to install. I could check the status on my cell phone. Call center was completely professional.

Description of Work
Alarm system for second residence

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with this review. We are happy to hear that the system was easy to install and that you are able to utilize the features of our SimpliSafe app to monitor the status of your system. We are glad to hear about your recent experience reaching out to us as well. Providing exceptional customer service to each customer is a goal here at SimpliSafe. If you find that you have any questions, or are in need of our assistance, please feel free to give us a call and anyone here should be able to help you. We are open 7 days a week, 9AM - Midnight EST. Thank you and as always, have a wonderful day! Best, Kathy SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

01/03/2018

James M.

Purchase and install was easy but one of the motion detectors began going off for no reason shortly after purchase. Have tried multiple times to get help determining problem, but no one over there seems to be available/tasked with troubleshooting.

Description of Work
Purchased Alarm System

Category home security systems

Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for choosing SimpliSafe! We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear that the installation process went smoothly. We are sorry to hear that your experience with our system and customer service thus far has not been satisfactory. That is definitely not the experience we want you to have going forward. I would be more than happy to help. Please give us a call at 1-888-957-4675 and ask to speak with Kathy at Extension 600. I will be in the office today until 6PM EST. Best, Kathy SimpliSafe, Inc. Live. Safely 1-888-95-SIMPL(1-888-957-4675)

12/10/2017

Wanda D.

Very well. System arrived quickly and was easy to install.

Description of Work
Purchased Simplisafe system for my home

Sylvester Electric Inc

As the country depends more and more on computers and other forms of automation to make life easier, dependence on electricity sees an equal increase. So when some part of your home’s electrical system begins to malfunction, you need a team that can correct it efficiently, and you need to be able to trust that the job was done right. The team at Sylvester Electric knows that this trust is extremely important, because of the potential for hazards in the event of poorly done work. However, their team of Dracut electrical specialists have been serving their community for over 30 years, and they are highly skilled in all aspects of electrical work. From home safety inspections and maintenance to outlet repair and breaker replacement, even wiring and installing things like ceiling fans, generators, lighting fixtures, and home theaters, this team is committed to providing the best possible quality in all work they perform. Call today to find out more about how they can help you!

Offers by Sylvester Electric Inc on Angi
    Bonafide Home Inspections

Angi Super Service award winner year 2014 to 2021! Every home inspection includes an insect damage inspection by a licensed pest inspector. Same day reports (almost always). Free homecare manual to every client! “Wayne Czybora is one of the best home inspectors in all of New England”, says Boston radio host Chris Devin.

Aztec Sound and Communications

At Aztec Sound and Communications, we’re proud to be a HTA (Home Technology Association) Certified company and a premium provider of residential and commercial AV installation and services throughout the greater Boston area and Massachusetts. Aztec Sound is committed to enhancing your quality of life with functional, reliable and easy-to-use smart home technology for your home or business. We are veterans in the business whose roots began with recording studio systems & designs - we know what's needed and how to make it hassle-free. Through our expert consultation, we'll help you discover the latest in home automation technology to turn your beautiful home into a truly smart space.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

NO contract, $14.99/month, 24/7 Professional Alarm Monitoring for homes, apartments, or business customers. Protect your property from burglary, fire, carbon monoxide, water damage, or freezing temperatures. Enjoy mobile features with our smartphone app, and alarm activity SMS alerts.

SimpliSafe alarms are easily self-installed. Please see our installation video below.