MAURO'S PAINTING CO

Boston, MA 02114

house painting

11/30/2013

Rukmini V.

We have been very happy with the work of Mauro and his team each time we have worked with him. Mauro is very pleasant to work with, respectful, punctual, and the quality of his work is excellent.

Description of Work
We have used Mauro's painting twice - once to paint the exterior of our home and again to paint our living room and dining room.

10/07/2013

Michael H.

Mauro was professional, thorough and a pleasure to work with...but we are part of a condo association that is likely going with another company because of a more competitive offer price-wise. However, we all agreed that based on the quality of the estimate and our experience we would certainly look to Mauro's for potential future work. Speaking of details, that is one of the aspects that was very impressive: Mauro missed nothing in his assessment and has an eagle eye for things that made it clear he is a true professional. He was also very engaging personally as well as being professional. I would be happy to work with him.

Description of Work
Provided assessment of work needed for exterior painting and associated carpentry (e.g., replacing windowsills) and a price proposal.

12/21/2012

Meredith M.

Overall, Mauro and his crew performed high quality work, and our house looks great. Mauro was easy to work with, and we trusted his recommendations about color choice and about dealing with the remaining lead paint on the trim. However, there were some bumps along the way. Work on the house began six weeks late. While some of the delay was understandable due to rainy weather, we would have liked more frequent updates in order to plan accordingly. In addition, the crew members trampled some of our plantings, and they could have been more careful with their cleanup.

Description of Work
Mauro and his team painted the exterior of our house and replaced trim that was rotten and had lead paint.

09/17/2012

Amy C.

They did a very good job, but were very expensive. It was difficult to get an invoice from them .

Description of Work
They rebuilt an entire front porch for me.

09/12/2012

Carla H.

Mauro's Painting were very pleasant and responsive.

Description of Work
Mauro's Painting gave me a quote for exterior painting and pressure washing.

Category pressure washing, house painters

08/27/2012

Garrett M.

In short, Mauro was great. It took a long time to get the job started, but I took that as a good sign. If the company is that busy, they must do good work...and I have to say, I was right on! I'd seen his work on a couple other older homes in the area and was so impressed that I knew this was the place to get my circa 1890 home looking beautiful again. Mauro took the time before hand to get our input on color selection/options and gave recommendations based on his experience on what has worked well on similar style homes. I got a quote up front for the painting and did a walk through the property with the carpenter to estimate the trim repair work on day 1. The painters were always friendly and I'm really pleased with the end product. The house has never looked better and I was happy with the way work progressed. When things were finished, there were a few odds and ends that I felt needed attention and Mauro made sure all my concerns were addressed before accepting final payment. I wouldn't hesitate to use Mauro's Painting again and highly recommend them to anyone looking to have their house painted (especially older or historic homes)!!

Description of Work
Exterior painting of large, historic home and extensive replacement of rotted trim.

09/16/2011

Sharon C.

Pretty simple .... Mauro provided me with an estimate and approximate time he could start and how long it would take to complete (they have good size crews and complte jobs pretty fast). Although I used Mauro before, I still got a few bids and their price was a little higher than the mid-point. Mauro gave us a simple proposal and the terms were reasonable and we gave him the go. Aside from weather curve-balls the project started and finished in a very reasonable timeframe. During the project I checkedpointed with Mauro a couple of times. Both times he and I noticed a couple of things that they missed or wasn't up to Mauro's standards and they were quickly fixed. At the end we did a walk around and signed off with a big Thumbs Up. ... and now our house looks great (we're putting it on the market next spring and we're sure it will look as good then as it does now and if it's not I'm confident Mauro's crew will be here to touch things up ... at no cost to us).

Description of Work
Complete exterior painting including a one car garage. Scraping, pressure washing, priming and final paint all included. This is the thrid time I've had Mauro paint the exterior of our house and have been very pleased each time. Mauro and his crew are respectiful, neat and do good work. Our house looks great and if our past exerience is any indication the paint job should give us many years of durability. Mauro is also very customer oriented and easy to work with which is a big plus. In the past, even if I had concerns Mauro was quick to respond and cared about making us happy. All in all we are pleased with the work and are comfortable recommending these guys.

09/10/2011

Eve H.

I saw the other reviewer's experience, but personally found Mauro to be very responsive. His attention to the small details resulted in high quality work and we were very pleased. I would recommend him without reservation.

Description of Work
We had our entire interior repainted, which included and required scraping down of old paint on a number of windows, redoing a room which had wallpaper, and careful attention to new hardwood floors. Mauro and his crew were attentive to detail, patient as we changed our minds about some colors, worked incredibly hard to meet our time line, and were always professional and pleasant to deal with. We had previously used him to paint our exterior which still looks incredibly good.

07/14/2011

Heather M.

I live in the same nighborhood and saw his vans which is why I called in the first place. Called and left two meesages to get a quote for painting. Neither call was ever returned. Guess he doesn't need the work. Professional thing to do would have been to call back and say he was too busy. We have another painting project coming up but I will not be seeking a quote from this business.

Description of Work
We had a different painter (not this business) paint a two bedroom apartment as well as 3 rooms in another apartment.

Category interior painters

06/23/2011

robin G.

It was great experience. He arrived on time and walked the property with me before giving an estimate for the work. He also came back with a siding expert to discuss some issues in that area. Ultimately, they went with someone whose work could be seen locally. I would definitely consider him for future work, however.

Description of Work
He provided an estimate for painting.

07/21/2010

JODIE S.

Though it took a while for them to get started with the job, once they started, they were here every day, all day until the job was done. The crew was lovely, and Mauro himself was extremely professional, friendly and helpful. He even helped us select the paint colors (ie., coordinating shutter color to house color), and was incredibly patient, repainting shutters several times. because of the rotten clapboards, the job took longer than expected, and cost more, but it was worth it!

Description of Work
Mauro's crew painted the entire exterior of our house. We'd had serious peeling of paint on one side of the house that noone else had been able to remedy. Turns out there were a lot of rotten clapboards and they replaced them as well. also found some issues with out deck, and their solution helped the water collection problems we'd had.

07/14/2010

CHRISTOPHER H.

Best of Boston my backside. When we had to paint an addition to our house a few years ago, we called Mauro. He never called back. This year, given his swell reputation, we decided to write that off and try again. He called back a week later and set up a time to see us and give an estimate. He never showed. No call, no reason, we wasted several hours waiting for him. Be warned! Use this guy at your own risk.

Description of Work
We wanted to paint our house.

06/13/2010

Eve H.

Took a while to get started because of the whether, but once commenced the workers were there even on weekends to get the job done.

Description of Work
Exterior paint job. Identified areas of wood rot and attended to all needs. House looks great.

06/17/2008

ELLEN R.

I like to see professionalism exhibited from start to finish. I don't like waiting for people to arrive for an appt., but I know it happens frequently. Even a phone call stating he was going to be late would have been appreciated, but it appears he just forgot. I typically don't call a second time, but I did call him because he was so highly regarded by my friend. It is only because of that regard that I would consider hiring him.

Description of Work
My phone call was returned quickly, but Mauros did not show up for the scheduled appt. I did call again because a friend used this company and was very impressed with the work. She told me upfront that he is more expensive but is very meticulous. Mauros did come to the home after the second phone call, but I was not here when he showed up, so we spoke on the phone that evening. It did take longer than other companies to receive the estimate and the estimate did not show the professionalism of other estimates and lacked references and proof of insurance. Estimate $8500.

10/12/2007

SANDY B.

The clean up was amazing. There was nothing left behind and they didn't ruin anything on the property. They were fantastic and we would highly recommend them to anyone. The price was reasonable and the whole crew was very professional and hard working.

Description of Work
They painted the outside of our 3000 square foot home.

10/11/2007

NORMA W.

The main contractor was very courteous and answered all my questions about paint vs. stain to my satisfaction. The work crew was very polite, seemed to treat each other with respect, cleaned up their work areas every day before leaving. They did an excellent, careful job with the three colors of the Victorian-style exterior painting. The contractor offered to add in the refinishing of the front porch swing as a freebie, and they did sand it a bit and applied two coats of marine-quality varnish, but the porch doesn't look "like new" as he had promised, because they didn't sand off enough of the rotted discoloration to make it look "like new". But since that was not really part of the job I had contracted him to do originally, I decided not to make an issue of that.

Description of Work
They power washed the whole house. The team of painters and carpenters replaced rotted water boards and replaced step boards on front porch and back with new mahogany. They applied primer as needed. They replaced trim that had pulled away from garage door. Then they repainted the entire house in three colors, using paint on trim and stain on the siding. They also painted the fence. They applied semi-transparent stain to the new step boards and semi-solid stain to the porches. They refinished the exterior wood of the landing at the front doorway and applied a coat of transparent finish to the wooden front door, repainted the back doors, and refinished the front wooden porch swing. All through the job, they played radios outside as they worked, but relatively quietly, and were not at all a nuisance or difficult to have working around the house outside. The painters and carpenters were all very pleasant and easy to get along with.

04/17/2006

SANDY B.

Mauro and his crew were a pleasure to work with. Once the job started, they came all day, every day until it was done. He helped me pick colors and had his men redo the front door when the enamel paint he first used proved to drippy. He was around to supervise the screw and insisted on good quality execution from them. We will use him next time around. More rotted window sills than expected needed replacing. Mauro showed me and asked permission to do the work in each case. They did careful work; the crew was courteous and careful to remove shoes when they came indoors. Mauro had to push our job up about 2 months because he was busy with other work. He kept in touch with us throughout which was good. Use him! He and his crew did great work and were a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Scrape & powerwash entire house. Patch or replace several window sills. Install new storm door. prime coat & finish coat for full house. Paint & mount old shutters, buy paint & mount new ones. Paint garage doors.

Category pressure washing, house painters