Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service

Founded 1996 • With Angi since July 2010

35 A Myrtle St

Boston, MA 02114

Geek Choice, is the number one choice for onsite computer service in the Greater Boston Area. We also provided Remote Service Nationwide! At Geek Choice the number one goal is to help you. Our experienced and certified technicians are available 7 days a week to resolve issues as simple as helping you get the most out of your PC or as complex setting up a business network. Not sure if you need a geek? If your computer has any of the following problems, we can help:, Slow computer, Computer startup problems, Scanner not working, Printer not printing, Virus or Spyware, Not connecting to the Internet, or the "blue screen of death". Additional phone- 617-778-2302, 617-262-2626. Additional DBA - Computer Geeks....

07/24/2017

SUSAN M.

They did a good job remotely cleaning up and speeding up PC

Description of Work
Remote clean up of PC

04/10/2017

Monique T.

This company has been very responsive to my requests (always on a deadline to get papers done for school) and they are prompt.

Description of Work
Virus removal and clean up. Computer running slow, and annoying pop-ups.

01/03/2017

Anita S.

Person came over, very polite and professional.

Description of Work
Computer was being slow and weird.

10/24/2016

Stephen C.

It was fine. It was a remote service. There were no additional charges.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service. They scanned our computer. They checked if there were viruses or malware.

10/10/2016

Liddy C.

No show two times in a row. Same excuse, the technician has an emergency, cannot make it. Left a message but no one in the office got the message to call me and let me know.

Description of Work
Computer restore and windows upgrade

Category home theater design

09/27/2016

Arnette B.

The first time they came out, they charged me $300 and a few days later I noticed that it still wasn't working. I called them to let them know and they sent a different technician to try to resolve the issue. I was charged another $100 and my computer still isn't working. I called them a second time and they told me they would not refund my money.

Description of Work
I hired them to repair my computer.

08/25/2016

William R.

The appointment was scheduled for 1 PM on August 24 and when the technician did not show I called the company to find out what was going on. I was told that there was a personal emergency and the appointment was rescheduled for August 25 at 10 AM. When the technician did not show again I called the company again and cancelled the appointment. These guys are not dependable.

Description of Work
I needed someone to come to my office to help me with the technical issue on my computer.

08/24/2016

Kimberley K.

The first thing that the technician told me was that he wasn't sure he could help me. Then he kept insisting that the problems I was having were caused by extensions I had on Chrome (they weren't as I removed/deactivated them, and am having the same problems). He ran a free online scan only - nothing professional - and told me to repeat it later, which I did. He also hung up saying he would call me back when the scan was done, but apparently was checking or doing some things on my computer remotely, but I don't know what they were. He never called back to check if the problems were resolved, and I'm not convinced he has the products or skills necessary to resolve the problems I'm having.

Description of Work
The deal was supposed to include the following: Fully-managed antivirus and malware protection package with tune-up for PC 100% fully managed antivirus/malware protection No software or hardware to purchase ever again Never worry about antivirus or malware again No additional software required for purchase Fully-managed solution by a live person 24 hours/365 days available Tune-up includes checking all hardware specific specs, searching for and eliminating any viruses/malware/spyware, updates to out of date software, clearing junk files to free up additional storage space, disabling unneeded start-up applications to increase speed, updating all device drivers, cleaning up web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) to remove malicious add-ons, perform a specialized defrag to speed up hard drive access times Most of this was not done; the only software used was malware-specific and a cleanup of files (which I'd already done myself). There was no hardware checking, device driver updating, defrag, and there is obviously some kind of virus or something causing the same issues - slow downs, black screens, videos not playing, etc. that I am still experiencing.

07/30/2016

Anita S.

Geek Choice showed up friendly, professional, helpful. He checked for viruses, found a Trojan horse. He explained all the steps, installed some software, made recommendations. All's well, we're happy. Would hire again.

Description of Work
PC was running slow and noisy.

07/26/2016

Stacey B.

The service went well and I learned about productivity monitoring software because of Geek Choice?s technician.

Description of Work
These guys installed monitoring software on my workstations at my office. I need to keep an eye on how my employees use their time and what a great way.

Category home theater design, computer repair, computer training, computer sales, electronic repair

07/22/2016

Neil M.

Went just great, no complaints, tech was early in fact.

Description of Work
I needed translation packages installed before going on a long trip and Mike did this for me just great. Thank you Geek Choice, I will use you again.

07/06/2016

Monique T.

Raymond came and asked what my issues were with the computer, listened to all my complaints. I explained about needing one virus software for work (encryption) and one for my computer's needs. He began by checking all the usual sites of issues, ran a virus scan product or two and determined that my issues were not viral related (yeah) but mostly overloaded with add-ons from several companies/sites. Those got cleared out/removed, he made my home page much more user friendly for me, and explained tons of questions that I had about 'why this, why that, how this, etc.' He made sure that at start-up, the computer wasn't bogged down, and by then there was already a big improvement. He changed my search engine from one that had been installed when I bought it but didn't know enough to change it. I now know how to use either of the browser options. He found documents that I knew were "in the cloud storage' but couldn't find (yes, I know, I'm one of those who wonders which cloud my stuff is in). Raymond also set up my external hard drive so I could have yet another document storage location (to be really safe--especially since I still don't trust that cloud). So now, instead of a computer that froze every few minutes I have a computer that is working well and I can concentrate on typing my end-of-term paper and not worrying that the computer will shut down. Raymond was here about 90-105 minutes and the fee was very reasonable-- money well spent for what I got in return.

Description of Work
Diagnose why computer was operating slowly, search engines 'freezing' on a page or closing abruptly, installing an external hard drive for backup.

07/05/2016

Stanley T.

They came on the weekend of July 4th and saved me a lot of trouble. I will use them again.

Description of Work
The tech came out to our house on July 4th weekend and fixed my VPN. They charged normal rates. Nobody else was available that day. Geek Choice provides excellent service 7X a week.

Category computer repair, computer training, computer sales

07/01/2016

Stephen H.

The service was excellent and i would recommend them to anyone looking for a Geek. I feel much safer now with data backup and better wiring. I will do business again with you Geek Choice. Steve

Description of Work
Geek Choice repaired our cabling that was in our walls and deteriorating plus they backed up our entire home office.

Category computer repair, computer training, computer sales

05/26/2016

Mark S.

The service call went great, Matt was very professional and even fixed issues on my smartphone so that it would finally sync with my work emails and documents.

Description of Work
Geek Choice setup my computer so that I could work remotely! I have tried to do this before I am good at medicine and work at MGH. My technician was Matt Gardner and he fixed other issues I didn’t even know about.

Category computer repair

thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed], Anytime you need help we will be there for you!

05/14/2016

judith I.

They agreed that I was being invaded by viruses, but said that they could not help me in any way, or in dealing wit any issue.

Description of Work
I called them because my computer had been invaded by viruses. I could not get through to certain sites and my emails were disappearing.

Category computer repair

i am sorry if you had a poor experience but your issue looks like it requires an onsite visit, and you are far out of the coverage area of our company, since we are located in Boston, MA. I would ask you to consider this before giving out an F rating, just because of our location.

05/09/2016

Marilyn O.

My second appointment with Geek Choice in March went well. The phone call from the office to determine what I wanted to accomplish at the visit is a great idea. I would say that here is where Geek Choice can look for complications. For example, someone who's used a computer at work and at home may still be unaware of some basic ideas. For example, if a device is to be added, does it need to be charged, does the person have the correct cable or battery, etc. Young people know this; older people do not necessarily. The representative was courteous, knowledgeable, patient, and offered additional tips. He arrived within the time frame specified. I will contact Geek Choice again.

Description of Work
Set up a nanny cam hidden in a travel clock that I purchased beforehand to video anyone entering my home. The directions were poor but the camera was synced with the computer and seemed to work well. The next day I turned it on and it only recorded the first 3 minutes as I left the house. The camera failed to recycle itself in order to video someone entering or my return. I think the device was faulty. I phoned the manufacturer and they didn't help. Used an app to speed up computer response time. Downloaded a free home office package, word processing, excel, etc. (I don't use Microsoft).

04/27/2016

Catherine T.

It was great! They were awesome. It was handled very professionally. When I called, they gave me a time. The technician was going to be late and so they called ahead of time to let me know. He was very courteous and definitely knows his business. I was very pleased with him. They only charged me for half an hour. I called them, I didn't have a couple because I couldn't get online to get the Angie's List reservation but they gave me the discount anyway. They are really good. They are professional, service oriented and know their business. This is about the fourth time I have used them. I will use them forever.

Description of Work
I couldn't get my computer to turn on. The technician came in and he had all the stuff that he needed to go in and make the diagnostics. Within half an hour, he had it up and running.

Category computer repair

Thank you for the kind words, We are always here when you need us!

04/13/2016

George B.

Very good phone person who understood and led me to the solution.

Description of Work
over the phone guided me through solving computer issue.

Category computer repair

Great to hear! Thank you for the feedback, if you need anything, let us know

03/05/2016

Andrew W.

I had spent several frustrated days trying to fix two computer problems, and finally gave up and called Geek Choice. Matt arrived at my doorstep about 2 hours later (not making this up), and had both problems solved in about an hour (not making that up either). Both problems resisted his early solutions, but he was cheerfully determined to make things right, and was effectively inventive in doing so. (How to make my printer work with Windows 10? Install the Windows 7 Driver instead...) In addition to his technical competence, Matt gets high points for his professionalism, and his communication. He never made me feel foolish, and was always genial.

Description of Work
Matt fixed both a software and a hardware problem on my home computer.

Category computer repair

Great to hear [Member Name Removed], we try to be quick in getting out to see you, as we know your time is valuable

02/01/2016

Robert L.

He charged a $50 fee for coming out and the deal said his service was $95 an hour. The technician did not know anything about the deal. They charged a $100 an hour, but did take off the $50 fee. They called but did not change the per hour rate to $95.

Description of Work
Computer service

01/20/2016

Peter M.

I couldn't make a connection with them and they were very uncooperative. I think what happened was they couldn't schedule me until way down the road and I had a problem that I had to have resolved. It was one of those things where they got too many responses and they were all booked up. I had to use somebody else and never got back with them. They couldn't accommodate a reasonable time frame.

Category computer repair

there is no way this is true, we GUARANTEE SERVICE within 24 hours of your phone call to our service. All you have to do is call and book an appointment. There is no way couldnt accommodate you in a reasonable amount of time

11/04/2015

ROD W.

They were a little slow on replying to my inquiries, sometimes several days. My laptop was returned fully functional, but covered with dust. I had to clean it when I received it. They did more than I asked by replacing the motherboard, where I thought that they would only repair the DC jack (my laptop wouldn't charge after buying a new battery and a new AC adapter).

Description of Work
I sent my laptop in to get the DC jack repaired. Geek Choice found that there was a bad component on the motherboard. They replaced the motherboard with out additional cost!

10/27/2015

Kathleen T.

The service was fine but they did have to cancel and reschedule the appointment.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal for one hour of on-site computer services.

09/30/2015

Betsy B.

Internet provider couldn't figure it out, IT professional son couldn't figure it out. Turned out it was a Windows update that screwed it up, and Geek Choice guy figured this out and fixed it.

Description of Work
My computer stopped connecting to the internet for 10 days.

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    Audio - Video Alternatives, LLC

We do it all! Product sales, design and installation. We are a family run business that specializes in the design, sales and integration of today's hottest technologies. Our focus is to empower our clients by helping them make informed and educated decisions with respect to home entertainment solutions. We take the time to listen to our clients entertainment needs and advise them through every step of the process. One of the key ways we achieve this is to offer a free in-home consultation so that we can discuss our clients needs and desires in the comfort of their own home. From that point we provide our clients with a comprehensive and detailed quote that will be fully transparent and explained in a non-technical manner. Once we nail down exactly what works for you, we move on to the fun part, the installation which is just about the final step before you start to enjoy your new technology! Check out our FACEBOOK GROUP PAGE to learn how we can help you! https://www.facebook.com/groups/661311684646725

Aztec Sound and Communications

At Aztec Sound and Communications, we’re proud to be a HTA (Home Technology Association) Certified company and a premium provider of residential and commercial AV installation and services throughout the greater Boston area and Massachusetts. Aztec Sound is committed to enhancing your quality of life with functional, reliable and easy-to-use smart home technology for your home or business. We are veterans in the business whose roots began with recording studio systems & designs - we know what's needed and how to make it hassle-free. Through our expert consultation, we'll help you discover the latest in home automation technology to turn your beautiful home into a truly smart space.

Computer Training
    Computer Sales
    Electronic Gadget Repair
    Office Equipment Repair
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Power jack repair.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service

How is Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service overall rated?

Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

What days are Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service open?

Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service is open:

Sunday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

What payment options does Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service provide

Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Does Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service offer free estimates?

No, Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service does not offer free project estimates.

Does Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service offer a senior discount?

No, Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service does not offer a senior discount.

Does Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service offer emergency services?

Yes, Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service?

No, Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service does not offer warranties.

What services does Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service offer?

Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service offers the following services: Wireless network setup. Data backup. Recovery. Video cards. Hard drives. iPad, iPhone & home entertainment setup.

Are there any services Geek Choice Nationwide Remote & In Home Service does not offer?

Power jack repair.