Duffy Roofing Co Inc

Founded 1958 • With Angi since July 2001

2281 Dorchester Avenue

Boston, MA 02124

Duffy Roofing Co., Inc., located in Dorchester, Massachusetts, has provided the greater Boston area with professional and reliable roofing and gutter services since 1958. We are committed to offering homeowners and businesses the best quality and service for their roofing and gutter needs. Family

02/04/2022

Carol D.

Their communication is very good They answered all of my concerns but the service is not yet provided because of covid

Description of Work
shingle roof

12/22/2017

Brian P.

I never met the roofer I was not home when he did the estimate. A couple of phone calls back and forth and we established the scope of the work and they left me a contract which I signed and faxed to them. A few weeks later I get a call on my cell that they were doing the work that morning I was not home. When I got home the new down spouts were installed they really did a good job. The next day they call to see if I was satisfied with the work which I was. They asked me to mail them the check for the job. I offered to use a credit card while I was on the phone with them and was told they didn't do credit cards so I mailed them the check via snail mail.

Description of Work
Replace two downspouts, on high 2 story brick house, that had been twisted and damaged when an idiot copper thief had tried to steal them. Roofer recommended brown aluminum as a replacement as copper was much more expensive. I went with the aluminum because aluminum downspouts are not likely to be stolen. At my request the roofer left the removed copper material for me.

Category gutter repair

06/26/2017

Deirdre W.

Great! No problems. I'm very happy with them. They were excellent and I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They fixed my roof. I was dealing with a lot of leaks and they did a maintenance check on the whole roof and fixed the leak. They cleaned out the gutters as well.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

04/07/2017

Martin H.

Went well. I called them. They called me back. They came and did an estimate. I accepted it. They did the work. No BS. No drama. Work quality is good. Great job.

Description of Work
We had gutters in disrepair, downspouts that needed replacing and re fastening and some issues with flashing.

Category gutter repair

01/17/2017

John S.

Got to know this company while seeking estimates on our 1830 twenty-two room house... yes, a major roofing challenge! Couldn't be happier with the outcome executed by this three-generation family company. Professional survey and plan of work carried out expeditiously including asphalt roofing, rubber roofing, gutter installation, along with soffit repair and new fascia throughout plus a chimney removal. Wonderful hard-working crew! Kathy and I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
All new asphalt roofs, rubber roofs, all soffit repairs, all gutters and some downspouts, removal of one chimney and repointing and reflashing of main chimney.

01/17/2017

Elizabeth L.

Went well. Communications were timely and professional, work appears to be of high quality (will know more after a hard rain storm!)

Description of Work
A collection of repairs, resealing around a chimney, repairing some gutters, reattaching some siding, all on a triple-decker.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair

11/14/2016

David C.

very well , very thorough, and fully explained the work.

Description of Work
Duffy put on a new back roof.

09/12/2016

Barry B.

I found about 10 feet of shingles on my lawn send I wanted to get them replaced asap. I sent an email to several roofing companies. Duffy Roofing called me the next morning and said that they could do the work that same day. Since I wanted the work done asap I accepted their price that was given to me over the phone. I am satisfied with the work that was done and for the work I would give them an A rating. However a few days later I received some replies that I sent to other roofing companies and they were coming in with estimates that were about $150 to $200 less than Duffy. I am not blaming Duffy as it was my choice to choose them without having received other estimates but since they were able to do the work immediately I did not want to wait with 10 feet of shingles missing from my roof. So because I think that they might be higher priced than other companies I am giving them a B rating for price. Despite my quibble with price I would not eliminate them from your list of companies to contact for roof work or repairs.

Description of Work
About 10 feet of shingles came off of the roof an needed to be replaced.

08/23/2016

Peggy W.

They showed up on time, it was done when they said they would do it and the clean up was perfection.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

06/09/2016

JAMES P.

They were a great pleasure to work with. After my initial contact, they provided valuable recommendations and then a detailed work plan and cost estimate. They got the needed permit for me, and then did an excellent job repairing my chimney, and worked extremely efficiently in installing my house roof. I was so impressed I asked them then to come back and install a new roof on my garage, which they also did very efficiently. I will definitely call them in the future if I can use any of their services.

Description of Work
Repaired my chimney and installed new house and garage roofs.

Category roofing, chimney repair

04/20/2016

Phoebe O.

They did a good job, their work was good, they showed up on time.

Description of Work
They replaced the soffit on one side of our house and a small area in the back and covered it and put in vents on part of it. They replaced the gutter and downspouts and reattached a loose downspout.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

02/02/2016

Judith V.

Brett Duffy explained carefully, using samples/models, what he proposed to do, and made sure that I understood. They came when he said they would, and carried out the work efficiently. They even matched the paint on the gutters to my trim color. All the trash and the old gutters were hauled away cleanly. Brett Duffy is knowledgeable, professional, and a pleasure to deal with. in 2014 I wrote a review of them for a job I did NOT hire them for, because their bid was much higher than the others, but I said I would try them again, and I am glad I did.

Description of Work
Duffy Roofing replaced all the gutters on my circa 1897 house, quickly and carefully. It took a while to schedule the work -- they were busy, even in the winter -- but they finished right before the blizzard marathon of 2015 started. I was worried about the new gutters, with all the storms, but they held up perfectly -- unlike some houses in my neighborhood.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing, house painters

11/03/2015

J E.

Vendor promptly showed up as requested to provide a survey of the job, and then as promised, they provided a written quotation which quickly came in easily understood language with clear, concise pricing. The vendor then showed up at the agreed time and date to do the work, and performed the installation and repairs in a professional, business-like manner. They caused no interruption of the normal activities in and around my building, and cleaned up afterward so completely it was difficult to tell they had been here. I have worked with this company, which is family owned and operated, several times, and they never cease to amaze me with their work quality and professionalism. I have no hesitation in enthusiastically recommending this company's work and personnel.

Description of Work
Installed new roof gutters and repaired rubber membrane roof.

10/21/2015

Gordon U.

John and Brett Duffy of Duffy Roofing Co. Inc. and their team installed a new roof for us. They are old-school, a family owned/operated business with impeccable integrity, professionalism and the highest quality work. They provided an Olympic gold medal performance. We could have not asked for a better job. Duffy Roofing is first rate. If you have a roofing need, you need look no further. Gordon/Alexandra Upton Jamaica Plain, MA

Description of Work
New roof installation.

08/11/2015

Katherine O.

This provider did an excellent job on roofing and gutters. On-time, responsive, great job.

Description of Work
New Roof

07/13/2015

Ruth D.

Came to do estimate withing a week of original call. As soon as I had placed the deposit, Mr. Duffy called and we saet a day and time for them to start. The work men came on time set up in a careful fashion worked through the day and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Replace cracked and broken slates repair and/or replace copper flashing around chimney.

Category roofing, chimney repair

06/07/2015

Maureen C.

Excellent service. Very professional. Provided my estimate in a timely manner and scheduled the job within a couple of weeks. Two young men who were hard workers, no swearing, no music blaring, polite. Cleaned up nicely after themselves! I would highly recommend Duffy Roofing.

Description of Work
repaired/reroofed my back roof

04/01/2015

Andrea O.

The Duffy family and their workers were great. We really liked them for their kindness and professionalism. I waited to write the review until this winter was complete... after the worst winter on record, when most of our friends had horrible ice dams and subsequent water damage in their homes, our new roof from Duffy was still great and we had no leaks at all from the massive snow and ice. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
New roof on our house.

02/09/2015

ALEX N.

While the estimate process was fine -- I had to nudge them to get a response, but once I did they came out quickly, were on time, and provided an estimate promptly -- we ultimately went with another service provider because of price and availability (Duffy's was higher and the other guy could start the job sooner).

Description of Work
Provided an estimate

02/07/2015

David C.

Went very well. Joe Duffy delivered as promised; review options, made recommendation based on style and age of house, and his crew worked fast and clean.

Description of Work
Install gutters

02/03/2015

NINI D.

This year a leak spontaneously appeared in the center of my dining room ceiling. I suspected a soft spot in my roof that might be causing a leak. While the ice dams are somewhat scary, I was more concerned about this leak, which seemed unrelated. I called Duffy, expecting that they wouldn't be able to call or look at the roof right away, but hoping they could help. When my call was returned, a day later (not too bad), I was told there was a 10-day wait time until they could come do the ice dams. The conversation went like this: Duffy roofing: we're not taking new customers and it would be at least a week, week and half before we could get to your ice dams me: i'm not really concerned about the ice dams, I'm concerned that there's a leak in the middle of my roof. Duffy roofing: we're not taking on new customers. me: but since you did the ice dam work for me 2 years ago am I not considered a customer? Duffy roofing: We're not really into doing ice dams. Me: but I'm not that worried about the ice dams. Duffy roofing: We're not taking on any new customers for another week, week and a half. Me: but can't I schedule something now for you to come out? I'm really worried about the leak in the roof. Duffy roofing: What do you want me to do? Go up on your roof? (this was said very impatiently and somewhat rudely). This was not said, but if I was not such a polite person it is what I would have said: Well, yes, in fact I DO want you to go up on my roof. Isn't that kind of your job? Now I totally get safety issues and deep snow and I have already proved that I am willing to dig a channel around my house to make room for ladders, etc. I just don't think I deserved to be treated with such rudeness, nor do I think it beyond the realm of possibility that Duffy could have said, sure, we'll schedule an appointment. If you can get some of that roof snow melted by the method we suggest (ice melt in stockings), then we can try to take care of that for you. How hard is that? Apparently quite hard. There was no concern expressed for my situation (I'm not asking for a Hallmark card, just advice!). I will admit the ice melt in the stockings was a good tip, but I maintain: courtesy shouldn't go out the window after a snowstorm.

Description of Work
A few years ago I had terrible ice dams and leaking at the eave of my roof into my house. Duffy came out and dealt with the dams (after I dug a channel all the way around my house). At the time they were very helpful, if expensive.

Hi [Member Name], Sorry. We are currently booked for snow and ice removal until Feb 23rd. We have been actively removing snow and ice since the 29th of January. We cannot inspect your roof until the snow is off it - Sorry. Our men are currently booked (and under contract) with emergency work with people who contacted us before you - So there is no way for us to remove your snow. These snow events have caused many problems for business and homeowners. Unfortunately, we are booked and are still receiving 50-100 requests for service. Again, Sorry, But we are fully booked. Joe Duffy

01/26/2015

Carin S.

Extremely responsive and conscientious. He returned our calls right away, even calling us after hours. We asked him to come and give us quotes for repairing the gutters and replacing the roof, which he did within days. After he gave us the quotes, we asked for his opinion about whether we could wait until the spring on the roof, and he was very careful to toe the line between being accurate about the shape the roof was in while not pressuring us to fix it right away. We opted to wait until spring on the roof, but had him go ahead and fix the gutters, which he did, again, right away and well. We absolutely plan to use him for the roof this spring. He's great!

Description of Work
Cleaned, repaired gutters and downspouts, sealed all leaking corners, evaluated roof.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, roofing

01/13/2015

Linda S.

They were great. They were pretty honest. They came in, did the work, and cleaned up. Everything seemed fine. They were pretty close to target on what they thought needed to be done. What they estimated and what it cost was very close. The gentleman that came to do the estimate was excellent; he was great. Actually, the workers came and we were out of here. I was at work. They were in and out. They did a good job. They cleaned the gutters and everything. So, I am pretty sure they were pretty professional.

Description of Work
I had roofing done by Duffy Roofing. I just had glazed replaced and some ceiling in different areas of the roof.

01/11/2015

Benjamin W.

He was great. Came buy quickly, offered a reasonable price and did great work. I'm going to use him to re-roof our house when the time comes.

Description of Work
Mr. Duffy repaired a leak in our roof.

01/05/2015

John K.

He got us an estimate the next day. Ultimately we went with a quick fix with another company (who did a great job) to just keep the water out over the winter, but when we get around to the bigger re-roofing project we will definitely keep Duffy Bros in mind.

Description of Work
Contacted them about a variety of roof issues, first and foremost a low-pitch roof that had a leak. We also spoke about re-doing the entire roof, as some wear and tear is visible. They responded quickly to my request for an estimate. Came to the house right on time, walked through all the work they were proposing and answered all my questions. Very nice and professional.

Craft Stone Manonry

Craftstone masonry and construction provides exceptional custom masonry installation and repair services to the greater Boston, MA area. Simply put, we are a family owned and operated business with four generations of experience under our belts. Our team is dedicated to serving our customers and exceeding expectations project after project. We are prepared to tackle any job large or small, and always put our customers first. We do honest business and always continue to improve our knowledge and skill set." Basement repairs Waterproofing Chimney repair or replacement Paving & patois Pressure cleaning Stucco repairs Repair or replace steps Foundations repairs repointing walls or steps concrete steps or walkways siding repairs or replacement And All Other Masonry & Construction all types of roof repairs/complete new roofs Over 30 Years Experience Lifetime Gaurntee On Work

ST. NICK'S CHIMNEY SERVICE

We have 20+ years of experience in Chimney Service & Masonry. Call Nick (Owner) @ (857) 312-3065 for an immediate response to all your chimney needs.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Levi Gutter Solutions

Levi Gutter Solutions is a local business that is family owned and operated. Levi Gutter Solutions started its journey in 2009 with the aim to provide its clients with the best service possible. It is important to take care of the gutters in your home or property as any leaks can be devastating. Levi Gutter Solutions helps homeowners to take care of their gutters, be it repairing them, cleaning them or getting new ones installed. Our clients are recommended to get their gutters cleaned at least twice a year although our yearly maintenance includes four-maintenance checks a year.

Roofing: asphalt shingles, rubber roofs & slate roofs. Gutter systems: aluminum and copper. Wood gutter systems repairs. fascia, soffits, chimney re-pointing & skylight installation.