BOB WOLUSKY CHIMNEY

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2005

4.2

3 POPES HILL ST

Boston, MA 02122

Bob Wolusky chimney and masonry Co. is a full service company. We do all the work. Construction supervisors license. workers comp and liability ins. we accept business and personal checks, cash. We do not accept credit cards.

07/09/2018

Avalon L.

Bob was extremely difficult to work with and had no customer service skills whatsoever. He had me pay him site unseen and never provided an invoice or warranty information. During the consultation, I asked him to also re-point the front steps as the railing is loose and he told me he would "throw that in for free". When I asked him to modify the estimate to include this work, he said "not to worry about it". He never did the stairs and was extremely rude when I called to discuss. He said he would come back and fix them "at some point" but it's been 2.5 weeks and nothing (not even a phone call). I honestly don't even know if the work that was done was good as he never walked me through the finished product and I have no idea what a chimney system is supposed to look like. I am extremely disappointed in the service I received.

Description of Work
Insert chimney liner, fix flashing and bricks on the roof, secure railing on steps.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

02/03/2016

KEN B.

Description of Work
An efficient, neat (no mess) and pleasant two person crew cleaned our wood stove chimney. They did a good thorough job including replacing a couple of screws on the interior pipe.

05/18/2015

Isaac D.

Two workers showed up promptly and on time, and were very polite. They climbed onto the roof with a hose and sprayed water on the chimney until they confirmed that the water was in fact leaking from cracks in the crown. I was told I would hear back from them in a couple of days with an estimate to do the job. Two weeks later and after leaving them a message I still have no estimate. Which leads me to believe these guys don't do any actual work. Thy just go around overcharging people for bogus chimney inspections. Don't hire these clowns.

Description of Work
Charged me $250 to confirm location of Chimney Leak.

Category chimney repair

(removed member name), I take full responsibility for not getting back to you, if I am guilty of anything its poor office skills, I E not returning your call. Your initial call to me was to have your flashing replaced due to a water leak, I suggested my men diagnose the water leak using a hose to check where the water was getting in, the flashing first ,then the body of the chimney then the crown, it was the crown, saving you $ 750.00 it would have cost to do a service you did not need. I failed in returning your call and providing an estimate for the crown repair. I am sorry, had you taken the time to call again I would have gladly discounted the service because of my oversight. The fee of $250.00 was discussed and approved by you as fair for proper assessment .There were no surprises there sir at all, and I take exception to your innuendo that you were taken advantage of. Bob Wolusky

01/14/2015

Christina K.

The owner was very accommodating of my schedule and assessed the project himself, accompanied by the employee who was to do the work. The employee was skilled and hard-working and completed the project satisfactorily. The chimney looks as good as new.

Description of Work
Repaired crumbling brick at base of chimney

12/18/2014

Marianne C.

10/06/2014

Sandra K.

They did a great job. They were prompt, on time, took pride in how they left the place and were very knowledgeable. Their professionalism and cleanup was very good. Their price was very fair. They were very good.

Description of Work
Bob Wolusky did chimney sweep and installed a new clean out door.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

03/22/2014

CHARLES P.

Everything went well from beginning to end. I talked to Bob Wolusky and he sent Jason to to the house to give me an estimate on the work. Jason came on the date agreed to and on time. He completed the work and it looks great. I would absolutely go back to Bob Wolusky Chimney when I get the chimney repointed.

Description of Work
Blocked up unused fireplace to stop drafts.

12/31/2012

Luis J.

Very professional and friendly service. Completed on time as promised.

Description of Work
Cleaning and fixing the chimney and firebox.

06/22/2010

Megan Z.

Bob had done our chimney inspection from when we bought the house and we liked him, so we hired him to do the work. He came back to check over the situation again and give us a quote for removing the one fireplace surround/closing up the flue. On the day of the work two workmen arrived, aware of what needed to be done, and I believe Bob came later to check in with us and the workers. The workers were friendly and professional. One of the damper installations was difficult due to the angle of the chimney, and the removal of brick from the fireplace surround was definitely more difficult than predicted. Nevertheless, I was charged exactly the amount of the initial quote! The only minor negatives would be that Bob was supposed to contact me after the quote to schedule a time for the work, and I had to contact him, and that the day the workers came that they were quite early with no phone call of warning (and since I'd had a late meeting the night before, I was still in bed!).

Description of Work
Two spring loaded dampers were installed. In a third flue for a fireplace we didn't want to use anymore, a stainless steel plate was installed. The plaster mantelpiece and marble hearth for that fireplace were removed, along with enough brick to be flush with the wall.

05/07/2010

MARTHA P.

Had my chimney cleaned. The next time I used the chimney I had smoke coming in the apt. and my mantel completely stained. Was flying out to California that week for 5 wks and could not have them come back during that time. I contacted Bob Wolusky, he said they would come out and gave me an e-mail address to contact and explain the problem, that was on 1/15/10. Did not get a response to email or call. Tried to be patient with them cause thought he was a nice guy and would come back out. Another call I was told that he had been out sick so I just left a message and waited. Spoke to him again around April and he said he would come out that Saturday. Never showed. Called again. Now not even returning calls. I have called another Chimney sweep to come and check out my chimney. Perhaps I have been to lax with getting them out here but I was trying to be accommodating did not feel it was urgent as long as I didn't use chimney. Sometimes it's when you run into problems that you see how good a company is.

Description of Work
chimney cleaning

Category chimney sweep

04/24/2009

Bill R.

Smooth, quick, completed everything that needed to be completed. No unexpected problems or issues. I asked questions to conditions, future potential issues, how the work went. I was around and watched the work performed off and on. Bob was very responsive to appointment setting and estimate.

Description of Work
New chimney cap, chimney sweep, liner on 1 flue, sheet metal screws to duct and new chimney cement to duct work.

Category chimney caps

03/31/2009

ian W.

I was renovating a 4 story townhouse in Bostons South End. Called Bob, got a quote within a fairly short time and he recommended we open up the old chimneys after the demo and before the dry wall went up. His guys came in off and on over a week or so (which was fine), as there was a lot of other work going on and they worked around it as needed. After completion he and I walked through the job, inspected and then I paid him the balance due. Nice guy and takes the time to talk ou through the layout etc.

Description of Work
Re-lined two chimneys with clay, one 4 floors up and the other 3 floors up to roof. Build two new fire burning fireplaces, including pouring a support that was tied into the joists with rebar.

06/10/2008

John D.

I was very disappointed in my experience with Bob Wolusky. He said he would call me when he was 20-30 minutes from my house so I could go over and meet him. Instead he called me when he was finished looking at the chimney. He then said it would cost $450-500 for the cap, but he would take the measurements and get an exact price from the cap company. A week later I let my dog out back and noticed a big cardboard box and 4 empty tubes of sealer thrown in my backyard. I didn't even know what it was until I thought to look up at the chimney and saw the cap was installed. No phone call to tell me the price and no call to tell me it was being installed. I cleaned up the mess that was left, and he called me the next day and asked me to send him a check for $500. I'm a reasonable and easy going guy, but I didn't like the way he treated me. I sent him his check, but when I need that chimney re-pointed in a few years, I'll use someone else.

Description of Work
Chimney cap installation.

Category chimney caps

02/13/2008

MELISSA K.

Great - Bob is very personable, knowledgeable and customer-focused. He explained the job thoroughly. The job was well executed and performed within the time frame provided. Job well done.

Description of Work
New stainless steel liner was installed for a 5 floor building; chimney was capped and new masonry was applied to area where new chimney liner attached with the hot water heater and oil tank.

12/14/2007

RON M.

It went very well, Bob did another job for us in Dorchester where he rebuilt a chimney and repaired another. The guys were excellent to work with and did a great job. Not only on the chimneys but cleaning up after themselves as well. They were also very sensitive to us as a customer. Would highly recommend them to anyone in need of chimney work.

Description of Work
Rebuilt chimney from roof up. Re-flashed around chimney, installed new clean out and cleaned out debris from chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

09/20/2007

SHEILA M.

Bob came out right on target and did a wonderful job. He came right away. As far as making appointments, they usually get out quickly. He spent a lot of time explaining things to me, which made the charge well worth it. I was very pleased with my experience.

Description of Work
Bob came out to check my chimney to make sure that it did not need any repairs or to be replaced.

02/13/2007

john B.

Mr. Wolusky was extremely responsive. Luckily, he had a crew available because a scheduled job had been cancelled. His workers cleared the chimney and fully resolved all the problems.

Description of Work
I sought this reference for an elderly neighbor in Quincy who was having problems with his furnace due to the quality of the airflow through the chimney. Basically, he and his wife (who are both in their 80s) were going to be without heat until this issue was resolved.

02/06/2007

HELENEKE M.

When I called, I was told what the price would be for the service I was requesting and was not subjected to sales pressure for additional services. He arrived promptly, provided friendly and professional service. Before beginning the actual inspection he explained to us how he would conduct the inspection, what he would be looking at and what kinds of things would raise concerns. His inspection was detailed, telling us what would need to be done before using the chimneys, what could wait, and how much he would charge to do it. Our agent was present at the inspection and was trying to rush Bob along. Very politely, Bob made clear to the agent that he had been hired by us and would take the time to answer our questions. Inspection concluded with a written report and cost estimate of repair and maintenance work.

Description of Work
We had him come to inspect chimneys on a house on which we had placed an offer.

10/09/2005

MARTI G.

BOB ALWAYS RETURNED MY CALLS, CAME WHEN HE SAID HE WOULD, DID A GREAT JOB AND CLEANED UP AFTERWARD. HE COORDINATED THE INSTALLATION WITH MY PLUMBER AS I HAD THIS WORK DONE ALONG WITH A GAS FURNACE INSTALLATION. HE WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND FRIENDLY. I COMPARED PRICES BEFORE HAVING THIS WORK DONE AND BOB'S PRICE WAS THE BEST. MY PLUMBER WAS SO IMPRESSED, HE WILL CALL ON BOB FOR FUTURE WORK.

Description of Work
INSTALLED A STAINLESS STEEL CHIMNEY LINER AND CAP IN MY THREE STORY VICTORIAN HOUSE.