All Out Deleading

Founded 1995 • With Angi since April 2006

With over 20 years of experience we specialize in everything from high risk to low risk, residential and commercial deleading work. We are a full service deleading company and handle all aspects of the process from lead removal, replacement, and encapsulation, to restoration. We are skilled in all aspects of home improvement and home renovation including interior and exterior painting as well. We can also provide original window restoration and complete window replacement. Fully licensed and insured. Covering all of Massachusetts. New window showroom opening soon. Free estimates, no travel charges....

lead paint removal (69)window replacement (24)interior painting (15)house painting (8)door installation (6)general contractors (4)plastering (2)leaf removal (1)

05/20/2022

Jennifer M.

Peter was wonderful! He even reached out to my lead inspector for clarification on a couple locations. Everything was done very quickly and I was kept informed. We'll happily use him again!

Description of Work
Single family home deleading

Work Completed On 05/20/2022

01/19/2022

WENDY K.

This is the third time I have hired Peter Larkin, and he did not disappoint! Just before leaving on a vacation of several weeks to the West, my tenant informed me that she is 20 weeks pregnant. I was certain that the 1900s 2 BR 1 BA condo we were renting to the couple had lead in it, so I obtained a lead inspection from ASAP Environmental (also excellent) and found that there was a small amount of lead in the kitchen windowsill and 2 doorjambs that needed removal. In the building common areas, there was also a small amount of lead in the basement doorjamb and wainscoting touch-up needed in the stairwell. Despite recently having experienced a death in his family, Peter was able to get our job completely done (lead paint removal and repainting), re-inspected, and in full compliance prior to my tenant's return. The job passed on the first reinspection, and the crew left everything neat and tidy. I am so grateful for his reasonable pricing and his professionalism.

Description of Work
Deleading of an apartment

Category interior painters, lead paint removal

Work Completed On 01/10/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] always great working with you.

07/13/2021

Christian M.

Peter is great! He was easy to work with and very responsive, and he really bent over backwards to help us out. He shuffled his schedule around to do some deleading for us on short notice, and he got it done perfectly. We called him on a Thursday, gave him the lead inspection report on the following Monday, and he was able to do the work on that Wednesday and Thursday! (Which, to be clear, was only legally possible because the unit was unoccupied. Otherwise there is a waiting period.) Although he surely could have charged a premium given the timing, his quote was more affordable than quotes from two other companies (and those companies couldn't do the work until later in the month). When the crew from All Out Deleading came to do the work, they were polite and very efficient, and Peter's brother Brian was a thoughtful and friendly supervisor. They scraped carefully and thoroughly, and they left the scraped surfaces bare and smooth with the curves and edges well preserved. Peter also instilled confidence by explaining everything well, being cautious, and not overpromising. Before taking the job, he was very careful to explain that there is always a small chance of the dust wipe test not passing after deleading work. He wanted to make sure that we had a contingency plan for where to stay if one of the wipes did not pass and his crew needed to take another day to come back and do more cleaning. Of course, the inspection and the wipes passed with no trouble, but I appreciated his care, foresight, and thoughtfulness in making sure to consider all possible outcomes that might affect us, even if they were unlikely. he also always answered the phone or called back quickly and stayed on top of any follow up. Bottom line: when we do some more deleading in a few months, we will absolutely be calling him!

Description of Work
Interior deleading of residential apartment

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

11/13/2020

Theo K.

Thanks to Peter Larkin and All Out Deleading, I was finally able to close out a long, frustrating saga of getting my lead-paint-covered, dilapidated windows replaced, along with some general deleading. Just to summarize, the work was done quickly and professionally and the windows themselves are of high quality, efficient, (Mercury Excelum EOS+) and look good, too! Peter was very responsive and communicated well throughout the process, and never fed me even an ounce of BS. You might have to remember to call him sometimes, but he's always there when you do. I thought the price was very reasonable for the scope of work (about $17k for 25 double glazed windows plus assorted exterior lead abatement, clean up etc) and was definitely lower than some others I found. If you're going crazy figuring out how to navigate Mass lead laws while also getting some actually good windows out of the process, just call Peter and he'll take care of you. Anyway, read on for the saga, if you're interested. I started the process of finding someone to replace my lead-paint-covered windows last September, and let me tell you I have learned a lot more about state lead remediation requirements than I had ever imagined I would. Let me just caution anyone in the same situation that there are two licenses/certifications that a contractor can have, a "lead safe" and an "authorized deleader," and for windows you need the latter if you want to end up with a certificate of deleading. Anyway, after drudging through the state's PDF list of contractors I ended up contacting one lead remediation firm, who strung me along for a few weeks before ghosting me by November. Then I found someone else, got a quote, took measurements, was all set before discovering they didn't have the "authorized deleader" certification, which would have prevented me from getting a certificate of deleading upon subsequent inspection. So I couldn't use them. Finally I called Peter in late February to come by and take a look by early March, which he did. Then Covid-19 happened and the world fell apart just a bit. Long story short, between waiting out the surge here in Mass and general pandemic related delays, we were back on track in the summer for taking measurements and able to order the windows. In the meantime, a crew was sent over to do some of the exterior work like wrapping the sills in aluminum. Peter's crew started the installation process literally the day after the windows arrived, which was the first week of November (storing them in my garage overnight). Be aware that you'll need to be out of the house for the duration of the work. Window delivery was a Thursday, they started work Friday, by Monday the lead inspector was back in, on Tuesday the results were back from the lab, and on Wednesday we were home. I will say that the floors were cleaner then we left them, and the windows looked great. Throughout this process, Peter either picked up the phone every time I called him, or called me back right after. He was always straight and open with me regarding when things were possible, the reason for any delays, and what potential pitfalls were. He was also extremely knowledgeable about government deleading requirements and could walk me through the details, which believe me, is something you want. And in the end when it came time to pay the final installment, there were no surprises. So if you want to save yourself a big confusing hassle and solve your lead paint problem, call Peter Larkin and let him take care of it.

Description of Work
Lead Remediation, Window Replacement

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

11/03/2020

Matthew L.

deleading door jams and window sills after positive lead inspection in new home

Description of Work
Peter, Brian, and their crew provided an excellent level of service and workmanship. Peter was always responsive and communicated expectations, requirements, and time frames clearly. I appreciated their expertise and their speedy remediation of our lead and our being able to minimize our time out of the home. We were required to be out the exact time frame Peter predicted, and I was happy it was only a few days we had to retreat to a hotel. Prices were reasonable and in-line with expectations, and I appreciated their continued work at a time when personal protective gear required for their safe work is in limited supply for them due to COVID-19. I would definitely use Peter and Brian’s company again and we were all highly pleased with All Out Deleading and their highly professional service.

Category leaf removal

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you very much [Member Name Removed] it was very nice working with you. Peter

09/05/2020

Martina A.

Peter, his brother and their crew were professional, skilled and communicative. Peter graciously allowed an earlier start time although we didn’t need it in the end. He was courteous and efficient and his skilled crew finished work in a timely way. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend All Out Deleading.

Description of Work
Deleading house

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

06/26/2020

Elisabeth M.

Peter and his crew were superb, affordable, and I highly recommend them without hesitation. Peter was prompt, efficient, professional, flexible, and courteous throughout. Due to COVID-19, work on the exterior had to be suspended for a while, but they returned to finish the job promptly and for both the apartment and then the rest of common areas and exterior they passed the inspection on the first round. Everything was clearly spelled out and designed to minimize effort on our part and inconvenience to tenants. They have done many houses in JP over the years, including, it turned out, another property we were buying years ago. Highly recommend and would definitely use again.

Description of Work
deleading of apartment and exterior of triple decker.

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was very nice working with you. Peter.

05/01/2020

James C.

Peter and his crew were fantastic, an excellent quote and truly professional work done on an excellent timeline.

Description of Work
Deleading work and remediation

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

[Member Name Removed] it was very nice doing buisness with you. Peter

01/16/2020

Bin W.

It is a pleasure to work with Peter and his team. Very good experience.

Description of Work
Lead removal

Category replacement windows, house painters, interior painters, doors, lead paint removal

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

12/17/2019

Allison L.

Peter and his team were phenomenal. I purchased a two-family and had a very tight schedule before I needed to move in. Peter was consistently responsive, informative, and somehow managed to fit me in to his schedule so I could safely move in with my two year old. The entire team was fast, efficient, gracious, and had an eye for detail. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Deleading of two-family home: interior and limited exterior paint removal, dipping of front door, attic and basement window replacements.

Category contractors, replacement windows, lead paint removal

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was great to work with you. Peter.

12/03/2019

Andrew S.

Peter and his crew are consummate professionals. Strong communication, follow-up, and fair pricing. They did all the deleading work in a matter of days and their work passed at the first inspection. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Deleading for our unit in a three-decker.

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was real nice doing business with you. Peter

07/08/2019

EVELYN D.

Peter was a pleasure to work with. He was very responsive, which seems to be rare these days. He even let us know about Boston’s LeadSafe program and connected us to the woman who runs it (which we didn’t end up applying for because of the program’s strict requirements). He got the job done very quickly and the end result was excellent.

Description of Work
Deleading of 2-bedroom condo and installation of 14 new windows

Category lead paint removal

Thanks [Member Name Removed] it was a great experience. Peter.

12/22/2018

Bryan E.

Peter and his team were great. I met with Peter a within a couple of days after receiving my lead inspection report. He walked me through the report and areas in my house. He explained everything that his team would do to either remove or remediate the lead as I am preparing the property to rent it. He was able to accommodate my tight schedule and get the work done in less than one week. He arraigned for the reinspection and testing a couple of days after the work was completed. I passed the inspection and had my final report and certification within a couple of days from the inspector. I can’t say enough good things about Peter and his team. They were always available for questions and address all my concerns.

Description of Work
Lead removal and remediation.

Category house painters, lead paint removal

Work Completed On 12/17/2018

09/19/2018

J G.

Peter was really wonderful. He was responsive and clear about our options from the start. When we told him that in addition to getting in compliance, we were hoping to make some of the features in our home look better, he understood what we were asking for and gave us options for that as well. All Out Deleading also fit us in to their busy summer schedule so we could have the work done before our first child arrived and they completed the work in less time than they'd originally said. While not inexpensive, we felt that the price was fair and we would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Full Deleading of Paint throughout house

Category doors, lead paint removal

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was a real pleasure to work with you. Peter.

07/06/2018

Michelle A.

Peter was fantastic to work with! From the point when we reached out to get a quote to receiving our certificate of compliance, Peter was a top notch contractor and an honest business man. His quote was considerably lower than others we received and with his guarantee that he would would get our home in the condition to pass reinspection, we decided we couldn't go wrong with him, and we were right! He was able to work our home into his schedule within a week of first contact and he completed the work within 6 days. He coordinated schedules with another contractor who was working on our kitchen remodel, did his work efficiently, and took care of scheduling the reinspection for us. He kept us in the loop every step of the way. Peter was so easy and great to work with, we would not hesitate to reach out to him if we ever needed his services in the future. Also, what a clever name for a deleading company!!

Description of Work
Deleading our 2 family home

Work Completed On 06/22/2018

06/06/2018

Sam S.

Peter and his team were very responsive during the whole project. We had a significant amount of lead in our old home and Peter walked us through the process, was on budget, and finished on time. He also found us saved us money by installing new windows instead of removing the lead from the old, broken ones. We had a great experience.

Description of Work
Deleading for interior and exterior of home, new window installation

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

03/13/2018

C S.

Excellent; Peter the owner was easy to reach by phone and contacted tenants directly to arrange preparation; he was able to fit the work into their vacation.

Description of Work
Deleading two-bedroom apartment

Work Completed On 02/26/2018

12/06/2017

James C.

Peter and his brother Brian did an excellent job deleading my apartment and the exterior of the house. Price quote was lower than all the others I received. Job was completed quickly and passed re-inspection. Peter picks up his phone when called and sticks to everything he says. Brain and his crew were very professional. I have since hired them to do some unrelated work which is going great so far. I will be working with them to get the other units deleaded in the future.

Description of Work
Delead interior and exterior.

Work Completed On 11/27/2017

10/27/2017

Stephen S.

After I showed Peter what I was hoping to do, he indicated that they had an opening in their schedule and could they start tomorrow. I said sure! I wanted the whole apartment painted, ceilings, closets, walls, and trim. Some rooms had been painted when they did the deleading, in those areas I just wanted things touched up. They had the apartment painted within three days. I had taken all the light switches off before they started, and to my surprise they had gone out and bought all new ones and put them all on! The paint job was perfect and the apartment looked fantastic. Peter has a great team of hard working talented honest people. It is so easy dealing with them, I feel lucky I discovered them for my deleading work, and glad they were available to do the repainting.

Description of Work
I had used Peter and his team to delead an apartment in an old 3 family home about 18 months ago. They did such an awesome job that I decided I'd see if they were available to repaint the apartment when my tenant decided to leave, and to my surprise they were available.

Category plastering, interior painters, doors, lead paint removal

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

08/03/2017

sherri B.

Peter was awesome. I found him on Angieslist, called and he pick up right away giving information and comfort that he could easily handle my job. I am new to being a landlord. He explained the process and got me in contact with ASAP Environmental who did the lead testing. My tenant was pregnant and I wanted to get this done fast. I explained my deadline to Peter and was able to schedule the inside deleading quickly, so they could paint the baby's room. Then he did the outside in the spring. I only every spoke with Peter on the phone and he gave me a lot of information. My tenants LOVE HIM. It easily passed the lead testing afterwards. I contact another Angieslist company and they were over $2000 dollars more for the same work.

Description of Work
My small house required deleading. This included several windows and doors, door frames, etc as well as some items outside.

Work Completed On 05/16/2017

04/16/2016

Stephen S.

I joined Angie?s list when I realized I wanted to independently find an additional vendor to provide a quote on deleading a rental unit in an old multi-unit home. When I saw all the positive reviews I was skeptical, how could a firm be this good? So I gave All Out Deleading a call and arranged to meet with Peter the owner. I?m so glad I did, for to my surprise, I realized all the great reviews on Angie?s list seemed true. Now that the project is completed which involved significant work both inside and out, all I can say is that the reviews where a bit conservative. The team at All Out Deleading was amazing and did a beautiful job. Nothing was a problem, for example when presented with compromised structured timbers under superficial exterior wood All Out Deleading indicated they would replace it, buying and installing new pressure treated wood. Problem solved a few hours later and at a very reasonable cost. This was a just one of many unexpected surprises, but Peter?s team understood what I was hoping to have as a finished product, and supplied many an innovative solution to problems we never knew we would encounter. In the end, I asked All Out Deleading to do more than the original scope of work so that my rental unit could be brought back to service completely repainted and in pristine condition. I was so pleased with the professional manner All Out Deleading managed themselves I included a tip in the final payment! So I found myself compelled to add to all the other positive reviews of All Out Deleading on Angie?s list by one more truly satisfied customer. Do yourself a favor, at least include All Out Deleading in your list of prospective vendors.

Description of Work
Fully deleaded a rental unit in an old multi-family home in compliance with Massachusetts lead law

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

12/18/2015

JOSHUA G.

Working with Peter was great. His team did a great job, but what sets him above and beyond is the ease at which he navigates a difficult and confusing system. I didn't know what to do when my 9 month old tested positive for elevated lead. I had a hard time finding out what I had to do legally vs what I had to do to keep him safe. It was hard to get phone calls returned and questions answered. Peter knows everyone who has anything to do with deleading. Before we even hired him I mentioned I was having trouble getting in touch with someone, he said "I'll talk to her".

Description of Work
Fully Deleaded my home in compliance with Massachusetts lead law

Work Completed On 10/15/2015

07/27/2015

Muhammad S.

Peter was in contact with me at all times and he really handled every part of the project carefully. I was very happy with the process and the outcome. I told him about the short time frame I had so he was able to get everything done on his tight schedule. The work was done quickly. I had about 14 new windows installed and delead the door trims and parts of baseboards. Everything was left nice and clean after all the work was done. I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
I had two units deleaded with all new windows. They did most of the doors and some parts of the stairs. They arranged the re-inspection of lead right away and with in couple of weeks I had received certificate for being lead free.

Category replacement windows, doors, lead paint removal