ROOTER-MAN

Founded 2004 • With Angi since April 2009

4.1

PO BOX 293

Billerica, MA 01821

10 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES. ASK ABOUT ANGIE'S LIST DISCOUNT. DBA: BNV ENTERPRISES INC. ADDITIONAL SERVICE AREA: PORTIONS OF CHELMSFORD-HAVERHILL, CONCORD-MAYNARD, LYNN-BEVERLY, NORWOOD-BROCKTON & METRO WEST....

11/27/2020

Joseph D.

Besides arriving on time the cost they attempted to charge me was outrageous for the work. Cody arrived at 6am and at 6:07a he had already let me know how much his work truck was worth. Odd. By midmorning he had mentioned how much money he makes per year. Several times throughout the day he mentioned how many jobs (5) he was missing out on because of my problem. He water jetted 12 feet of pipe but the invoice had it doubled to 24 feet. He replaced 48 inches of pipe but the invoice had this at 96 inches. When he jumped in the hole to dig he let me know he makes triple to dig. He said that no one else could do this type of work and then asked my landscaper to cut the asphalt. He said several times that I should report this to my insurance, even after I told him I didn't need the advice. Cody's goal was to charge me as much as he could and if I was going through insurance I wouldn't care. When he showed me the service slip he could not explain how finding, clearing and patching 4 feet of pipe cost $3,400 but still tried to get me to sign off. No chance. My landscaper saw cut the asphalt and dug 80% of the 2 holes but Cody made it look like he did ALL that work. Brenda in the back office is unprofessional and said "fine, we will take the loss" and knocked off $1400. If by taking a loss she means she could have had Cody on 5 other jobs where they would have ripped off all those customers, I agree. They will screw you on price and have no shame.

Description of Work
Broken sewer line

04/11/2020

Jarod B.

This review is for Thomas Regan of Rooter Man in Billerica, MA. Tom was fantastic. He came to our house to fix a toilet clog during the Covid-19 situation. He then correctly identified that the issue was that the toilet itself had faulty welding, so unknown to us, we’d had this problem since we moved into our house. We then ordered a new toilet for him to install, received it from a shipper, and when he came to install it, it was damaged during shipping. We then got a new toilet from Home Depot right after Tom left, and he came back later the same day and did the install. He was nice, professional, and caring. Bonus points for having us in his systems and knowing he’d been to our house 3 years earlier for other plumbing issues we’d had. I am grateful to Tom for helping us during a challenging time. He was outstanding.

Description of Work
Toilet unclog and replacement

04/19/2017

Theo G.

Quick and efficient. Sadly I forgot to use the $25 off coupon from their site, but otherwise went well.

Description of Work
unclog main waste pipe.

08/09/2016

Jennifer H.

Category septic tank

03/28/2016

Lindsay O.

We called in an emergency situation (clogged sewage pipe, sewage leaking into basement) on Easter Sunday at 2:30pm. By 3:45pm, Tom from Rooter Man was at our house clearing the roots from our sewage pipe. The job took approx 45 min and he even offered us a coupon to save $20 from the previously quoted price of $275. We were thrilled with his punctuality, professionalism, and the way he took the time to explain the situation to us and offer up suggestions for how we could handle any future issues. This was our first time having such an issue and now we know that we will either need to get the roots cleared approx once per year, or replace our 100 year old clay sewage pipe, but either way Rooter Man now has a dedicated customer. UPDATE (changed score from A to B): Just two weeks after our initial root cleaning, our sewer pipe backed up again (again, on a Sunday). Tom returned within an hour and went a little further this time to what he believed was the street at around 42 - 43ft. He recommended we get a camera inspection of the line, so we did that 1 week later with another company offering a cheaper rate ($280 vs the $450 quote from Rooter-Man). With the video, we were able to see that there was no repair necessary but that we still had a significant root bundle nearly blocking the pipe at 44 ft., and that the street came at 56 ft. We had Tom come back a 3rd time to clear the additional roots. All 3 visits were covered within warranty/within the purchase price of the first visit and while it was frustrating to have to arrange to be home for all of them, i was pleased with the dedication and customer service offered to me. On the other hand, had he spent more time clearing roots at the first visit and going further down the sewage line, we might've saved both him and ourselves alot of hassle.

Description of Work
Cleared the roots from our sewage pipe, resolving the clog.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

03/23/2016

John L.

01/17/2015

Andrew P.

See above It went well

Description of Work
Clean the line line from the roof down We had a major back up in the tub and toilet backed up. He did a great jog to make sure the problem was fixed before he left. He checked all of the sinks toilets and bath tubs before leaving. I would highly recommend them Thank you for doing a great job

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/04/2014

ANN S.

This was not the first time something fell in my toilet and clogged it. Previously another Rooter Man company had sent a guy out who skillfully and patiently pulled the item up. This crazy guy spent literally only 2 minutes trying to pull the object up and then started roughly forcing it down. He told me to hold off on writing the check because sometimes the toilet breaks when he does this! It did not work and he had to remove the toilet from the floor and now it all needs to be recaulked. Never use this company!

Description of Work
Cheap but very poor service

Golden Hammer Remodeling

5 Employees Family owned & operated Uses subs for Electrical & Plumbing. No travel charges . Licensed,Insured & bonded General Contractor specialized in interior & exterior Renovations. Year round.No service charge. Please call us for details. May contact through e-mail .Service area - All of the greater Boston Areas Please Call for any details or question Award winning Super Service award company 2016. Also, we offer interior painting and our focus is your home comes to be like a new home with our professional painting job. Our painting team are specialized and organized.

Offers by Golden Hammer Remodeling on Angi
    All Drain Services, Inc.

All Drain Services, Inc. has been in the drain service business for over 18 years, and is owned by Manny and Gloria Vega. Our commitment to customer service is unmatched. Our years of experience have taught us that in our line of business that is what counts. Our dedication to getting a quality job done has been the backbone of our success, and this quality is instilled in all employees from our President to our Service Techs. All Drain Services, Inc. is open all day, every day including holidays! We offer emergency and regular maintenance services.

Offers by All Drain Services, Inc. on Angi
    O'Brien PlumbingWorks

PlumbingWorks has been in business for 25 years.Peter OBrien has been a master plumber for 28 years and a licenced plumber for 35 years we are fully insured and We specialize in all aspects of plumbing and heating in both residential and commercial settings, We are an Angies list super service award winner which is given to the top 1% of contractors each year We strive to make all our custermers feel like they matter and will resolve thier plumbing issues promply . We accept cash, personal checks. FOR BEST SERVICE, PLEASE MESSAGE US BY CLICKING THE YELLOW "Ask a Question" OR "Schedule Now" BUTTONS ABOVE. You can also email us at plumbingworks@rcn.com.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

FULL SERVICE DRAIN-CLEANING COMPANY, KITCHEN, BATHROOMS, LAUNDRY, MAIN LINES, DEROOTING, SEWER PUMPING, VIDEO PIPE INSPECTIONS, GREASE TRAPS, JETTING, LOCATORS, TITLE V INSPECTORS.