d. a. kinsella Co

Founded 1990 • With Angi since July 2010

d. a. kinsella company was created to make great design accessible to everyone. Our philosophy has always been that strong communication and attention to budget allow us to achieve unique design and planning solutions for every project. DBA- d. a. kinsella company, tbc, Architects, LLC tbc, Design-Build, LLC, & tbc, inc....

Carmichael Grafix, LLC

Carmichael Grafix, LLC is based in the Tampa Bay Florida area. We work with clients across the United States to create custom professional marketing materials, direct mail pieces, ads, animated explainer whiteboard videos, and promotional products. We also provide print services. Let us be your Graphic Arts Department. Having problems getting the correct size images for your Social Media cover photos and headers? We can help with that too! DBE in Florida with USDOT. W/MBE Certification with the State of Florida, Hillsborough County FL. and City of Tampa, FL. Carmichael Grafix has been designated as an approved vendor of the Super Bowl LV Business Connect program. We are one of 200 local diverse businesses in the Tampa Bay area identified as a certified, experienced special event production company approved to compete for contracts related to Super Bowl.

Color Matters Painting, Inc.

Color Matters Painting is a fully insured company including painters that have more than 10 years of experience. When you're looking for 'awesome', you can count on us. You are guaranteed professional, reliable, and honest painters. We have one mission- to beautify your home and exceed your expectations!

Offers by Color Matters Painting, Inc. on Angi
DeVaux Home Improvement

35 years experience/ Quality products/ Quality workmanship/ On time & within budget/ Job site left clean daily/ Professional.

08/22/2018

Great, Dave stayed within our budget and our addition looks like it was part of a whole new home construction. We were really impressed with Dave Kinsella's design concepts and the workmanship was high quality even though we were on a tight budget. Dave comes from a big family so he understands money and time constraints plus he wants his projects to look as aesthetically pleasing to his clients a...

Description of Work
Dave was our architect and contractor for a 2nd story addition, foyer, outside siding, windows, front porch.

Category contractors,interior designers,remodeling,garage builders,home builders,structural engineer,architect,home remodeling,graphic designers

12/01/2016

Don't know how this came to me for review. We have never even been in contact with these folks. Sorry.

Description of Work
Nothing was needed

05/20/2016

Description of Work
.....

12/20/2014

The experience was good and they are well known in town.

Description of Work
I got a quote from d. a. kinsella.

Category architect,home remodeling

Thank-you.

04/15/2013

Description of Work
Our house was a 1955 ranch-style house with 3 bedrooms, one bath, kitchen, and living/dining room that we moved into in 1995. We had been looking to add a second bathroom and had originally worked with an architect from NH to do a modest front and rear bump out to give us more room to fit in a second bathroom. This architect had to withdraw from the job and recommended David Kinsella of TBC. David initially made some modest changes to the plan that made sense. After some further discussion, in which my wife and I raised the possibility of a larger scale project to modernize the style of the house, David developed a plan that essentially rebuilt the house except for our previously remodeled kitchen and original foundation. This new plan converted our house into modern design with a more open floor plan, completely new roof line, loft space, re-finished basement (and the second bathroom).

Category remodeling,architect

Best client to work with, they allowed us to utilize our training and creativity to the fullest extent. Thank-you it was a pleasure to earn your accolades.

02/27/2011

I am still pleased with it no problems or regrets the past 5 years

Description of Work
Design and build me a nice,nice garage.30X30,extra high ceilings for me. A heavily framed roof so i will not have trusses but a usable storage area.A good quality roof so i would not have to replace it in my lifetime.Extra tall and wide garage doors to fit my work truck with room to spare. Basic electrical service. and vinyl siding with aluminum trim that I never have to paint. I had wanted to have my self a garage for years and years and years.I had bought myself a better house with space for a garage,had saved money for it. Had swapped land with my next door neighbor to build upon. took down many trees (Marquis tree service)to clear the space and refinanced my mortgage to get a better rate and cash back to pay for it. I had used the backyard collaborative a few years earlier for structural work and was pleased with the job.The price was good and as I wanted a real nice job for me ,I did not concern myself much with getting a cheaper price and cheaper job. A week after I signed the contract and paid the deposit they were ready to begin.The first problem occurred when they brought the backhoe to my site and saw 2 tree stumps where the garage was to be located. For some unforgivable reason they had given me an ironclad contract and a fixed in stone price for excavation,but no one in the office had traveled the 3 miles from their office to my yard to see what they had given a fixed in stone price on.Before they would begin the job I had to pay an additional $718 for them to remove the stumps. Had they figured this into the fixed in stone price a week earlier when I signed the contract,I would have had no objection to the cost. The stumps were removed and the hole for the foundation was dug. The footing forms were installed and I asked if the foundation wall would be Keyed into the concrete footing. The answer was no as the space would be filled in,would be plenty stable and would not need to be keyed.Having asked though,the concrete guy did lay 2x4 into the footing concrete so when removed ,I would have a continuous keyway in the footing before the wall was poured. I am pleased with this.I asked if there would be ReBar in the foundation walls.The answer was no as it would be a short stable wall and would not need ReBar. this answer is fine with me as ReBar over many years would rust and expand and cause its own problems. The walls were poured with bolts to hold the sill in place. The inside was filled with gravel and sand and stone dust and generously sloped towards the front so that the floor would drain water if i wash a vehicle inside.The slab was poured and and finished next but when poured there was not quite enough concrete delivered to also do the concrete pad at the entry door. this was later finished with bags of quickcrete concrete mix. The framing was done,It all looks very sturdy,very straight and very neatly done.The roof is heavily framed with Joist rather than trusses giving me a useful space upstairs. It is also very sturdy so that I will not fear the snow loads as I had done at my old house. When the job was proposed 6 windows were figured into the price.I asked for a 7th window upstairs in the back. as it was framed 2 windows were given me upstairs in the back. These I am pleased with as it is well lighted upstairs by these 2 additional windows. The roofing was done next,the proposal was for a 25 year roof.I asked to upgrade to a 40 year roof and was later offered an upgrade to a lifetime roof.This was good as I was happy to pay extra for better shingles. I should not have to hire the more expensive labor of roofers when I am 90. When installed they were short by a bundle and a half.finishing was delayed until more of this color could be gotten. They must have gotten a precise number of shingles as I had hoped a few full shingles would be leftover as spares. I might someday install a chimney. The yellow siding was installed.I had picked the brightest yellow possible in the hope that it never will fade.the 3 guys doing the siding and aluminum trim did a very neat job. Electrical was done next.a subpanel in my house,a panel in the garage and wire through an underground conduit from house to garage.I only purchased basic electrical,2 lights and one outlet. Later I will be able to afford more lights and more outlets. The garage doors,Extra wide and extra tall were installed with electric openers. The last thing done was to be the driveway.This became a problem,and a very unnecessary problem .I wanted a driveway sturdy enough for my work truck that will not develop ruts in a few years.I was offered 2 contracts.1for a driveway base of 10 inches thick of gravel ,sand and stone dust. 2nd for the driveway paved over the base with asphalt. I paid for the base 10 inches thick consisting of 3/4 gravel,sand and stone dust compacted to 10 inches thick.This would support my work truck. This was installed and I dug a hole down into my new base to confirm the full 10 inches thick.I was disappointed to find that the driveway had been dug down only 5 inches and filled with base material gravel sand and stone dust to 5 inches thick.I called the project manager and he met me the next morning with another member of the backyard collaborative. He admitted that it could be thin in a few places. Wondered where I had gotten that 10 inch number from. Did not think that I was going to hold him to 10 inches. After much discussion, I am promised that the Base material would be carefully removed. the hole would be dug down deeper,and filled to the full 10 inches of material that I had paid for. This was done 2 days later.I then dug many test holes in the new driveway base and found that it had been dug only 8 inches and filled with 8 inches of base material.I called the project manager and met with him and another member of the backyard collaborative the next morning,He suggested that he would refund me back some of what I had paid.I asked him to dig it out for a 3rd time.To dig it a foot deep put 10 inches of material in it and leave it 2 inches low for the asphalt. his reply I quote. "Aint gonna happen" "You are way over the tonnage I figured" "I can show you the tonnage tickets" "I can put more on top" I did not want more on top as the 8 inches was already level with the garage slab.2 inches of this would have to be removed for asphalt and leave 6 inches of base gravel,sand and stonedust right in front of the garage doors where the truck will always tend to drive over the same spot entering and leaving. The next day more material was added on top and the job was ended. I wish that I had not paid them to do the driveway base. Next spring I will get it paved and hope that I do not have ruts sinking into the driveway in a few years. All Said,It is a professional company and the Garage come out very very nice. The Steel beam in my house came out well a few years ago.If I can do another project someday to connect the house to the garage,I would use them. If anybody wishes to see my garage so that they can have one just like it built,you will be welcome call 978-670-6459

Category room remodeling","garage builder","architect

01/08/2011

Contacted them in march, they were quick to get back to me to see the job and make a proposal. I wanted steel rather than the more common laminated wood beam, they were happy to accomodate this. I had to clear all my stuff out of the basement so that they could work, this delayed my acceptance of the contract until I finished . When they began it took about a 2 weeks to complete. They first put up 2 tempoary support walls, removed the basement staircase and put it off to one side, then poured the footings for the post.When the concrete was ready it took 1 day to lift in the beam and put the post under it. A great improvement over what was there when i bought the house. October 2015, I am still pleased with the steel beam.

Description of Work
Removed the main beam that runs the length of my basement. Removed 2 wood post that were set into the dirt. installed a Steel beam and 3 iron lally colums. installed earthquake straps to tie the beam to several of the floor joist

Category contractor","room remodeling","structural engineer","architect

08/01/2010

Good design support concept to final drawings Did not finish work to meet local building code.

Description of Work
Addition Garage & Bedroom

Category contractor","room remodeling","architect

04/14/2010

One of the principles came out and he showed up on time. He was very easy to talk to, flexible, and appeared to know what he was talking about. Based on our experience with them so far, we will seriously consider the estimate.

Description of Work
I asked The Backyard Collaborative out for an estimate. We are possibly putting an addition on our house.

Category room remodeling","home builder

05/20/2016

Description of Work
.....

Architecture & Construction Management

Roofing, Window Siding, & Bathroom Remodeling

Check, PayPal, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover