Boston Home Solutions

Founded 2001 • With Angi since October 2006

ADDITIONAL SERVICE AREA - NORWOOD-BROCKTON, LYNN-BEVERLY, CONCORD-MAYNARD, CONCORD & CHEMSFORD-HAVERHILL....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+23 more images

roofing (159)gutter repair (25)skylight installation (8)chimney repair (8)gutter cleaning (8)snow removal (7)woodworking (6)deck cleaning (5)insulation (4)house painting (2)roof snow removal (2)general contractors (2)

03/28/2022

Rosesangela L.

They did a great job at an excellent price. They work with good quality and I was able to choose the materials. They cleaned up in between and after the job. I would use the service again.

Description of Work
Roof repair and they paint it and they did another new roofing for me.

Work Completed On 01/03/2022

03/28/2022

Philip P.

They were efficient, they clean up. they were professional, show up on time and courteous.

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2021

Thanks so much! We're glad to hear you were happy with it.

07/25/2019

Maria M.

My second floor front porch roof was leaking and I was hesitant in getting it replaced as I had a bad experience with a different roofing company that replaced my whole house roof 8 years ago. Marcelo came out to give me a quote and assured me that he would be there on the day the work was done and that I would be very pleased with the work. The workers were professional and quick and the job was completed in a little over 1 day. I am very pleased and will hire Marcello Roofing if I ever need other roofing services.

Description of Work
Front porch roof - removed existing and replaced with rubber roof.

06/12/2019

Stephen M.

Marcello provided a competitive (middle price of 3 bids) proposal that was the most complete and responsive to our condo association's requests, and included a clear contract. The owner was very responsive to our questions and provided a list of references; those contacted provided stellar recommendations. As the contract was signed in late fall, the job was scheduled for March as mild weather was required. Once we had signed the contract, Marcello made some simple temporary repairs to holes in our old roof to halt leaks through the winter, at no additional charge. When the March weather did not cooperate the owner was very flexible in rescheduling the job as weather permitted, and the job was done in early May. The bid anticipated that two old roofs would be removed but the third, older asphalt roof was found beneath the two rubber roofs, which required unanticipated additional work and much more debris removal. Over six days, Marcello's team expertly removed the three roofs, all the debris, installed new 3" insulation and new EPDM membrane, repaired shingles on our two turrets, and reflashed all edges and boundaries. They worked from 7:30 AM until sundown most days except when a shower intervened, and protected all work under construction from weather. They protected our gardens and patio from damage, and cleaned up very thoroughly at the end of the job. Due to the unanticipated asphalt roof removal plus the need for a new roof drain fixture, there were extra charges but Marcello negotiated a very reasonable price for this extra work. We were impressed by this company's fine work, diligence, responsiveness and reliability, and recommend them strongly for roof repair and replacement.

Description of Work
Remove three layers of old flat roof (1 asphalt + 2 rubber) and re-roof with 3" insulation plus EPDM membrane

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

04/09/2019

Kenneth O.

On 2 separate occasions, during some windstorms, we had a bunch of shingles fly off the roof. The owner came down promptly to check it out and he patched it up with some shingles that we had in the shed. That didn't work so he purchased some new shingles and patched it up again and just charged for materials. He is very good about communicating what he is doing and he took pictures of the "before" and then the "after" and sent them to me so I could see what was going on.

Description of Work
Replace Asphalt Shingles

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

02/15/2019

Julianne M.

Marcello's team was honest and did not try to up sell us. They were very responsive and were able to complete the job in a short time frame. They were very punctual and did a great job! We are very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Roof repairs

Work Completed On 02/14/2019

11/15/2018

DEBBIE T.

Marcello and his crew did an excellent job removing my 2nd floor enclosed porch! He came quickly, gave us a very fair price, and did the entire job in 2 days!! Very friendly, efficient, and hard working!! We already had Marcello replace our roof and I can't even begin to tell you how great it came out!! Now, we are going to hire him to do the vinyl siding and replacement windows!! If you want a job done right and quickly with a fair price, I vey highly recommend Marcello Roofing and General Services for any of your home projects!!! Marcello Roofing and General Services is now my "go to" contractor for all my home improvements!!!

Description of Work
2nd floor enclosed porch removed.

Category remodeling, roofing, sunrooms

Work Completed On 10/04/2018

11/07/2018

Christopher V.

I had a good experience with Marcello. He showed up on time for both estimate and job. Was responsive via text messages, which was convenient. Did a thorough estimate, brought two workers and a ladder, removed some shingles and identified the problem. Showed me the waterpoofing issue, explained the solution, estimate and work went smoothly. Matched our architectural shingles, used quality GRACE underlayment.

Description of Work
repair/replace 100 sqft asphalt shingles

Work Completed On 11/07/2018

Review for Boston Home Solutions - 43 Allen Rd, Billerica, MA - 37538058

10/31/2018

Tyler M.

Marcello Roofing did a great job patching a small area of my roof that needed repair. They were friendly & professional. I will be calling Marcello next time I need roof work.

Description of Work
Repaired a couple shingled on my roof

10/17/2018

william M.

Great. Marcello gave me an honest opinion and suggested not doing anything for the time being but to check back in a year or so if conditions change.

Description of Work
I needed an evaluation of a blistering condition on my rubber roof.

10/08/2018

Lisa C.

Marcello was super responsive to my request for quote. He called me the following morning and we quickly came to agreement on the work. He was able to send someone on his team within a few days of our initial conversations- which was fantastic given the short notice and the fact that we were looking to finish up our shed as soon as possible. The gentleman who came to do the work was friendly, professional and incredibly fast. The quality of the work was great, and we would happily hire Marcello and his team for other work in the future!

Description of Work
Shingling an 8x12' shed

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

08/25/2018

Elliot C.

My roof starting leaking, they came quickly, and figured out a recent storm had stripped some shingles from the roof. They asked if I had any spare shingles, which was a nice touch. They could have just charged me, but fortunately I did have some extras. Came back with their crew and repaired it. Quick, professional, and simple. Exactly what I was hoping for, I would use them again in the future without any concerns.

Description of Work
Missing shingles from roof

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

08/24/2018

DEBBIE T.

Marcello Roofing is very professional, very quick, and did a wonderful job replacing my leaking roof! The workers worked hard all day and left with no mess for me to clean up!! I will definitely be hiring Marcello Roofing for any home construction improvements I need on my home!! I highly recommend Marcello Roofing if you want the job done right and on time!! See attached photos of the before and after pictures of my roof and you will see why I am so very happy that my roof no longer leaks and actually looks beautiful!!!

Description of Work
roof replacement

Work Completed On 08/23/2018

Review for Boston Home Solutions - 43 Allen Rd, Billerica, MA - 37347488

06/20/2018

Stephen F.

We hired Marcelo to replace the asphalt shingle roof on our 2-family house in Fall of 2015. We had some special circumstances and Marcelo was very patient and understanding and worked with us to schedule a specific day and bring in extra crew so the job could be completed in one day. In 2018, we hired Marcelo to replace the flat rubber roof on a 2-car garage as well as a flat rubber roof on part of the 2-family house. We can see up close the fit and finish of the rubber roof at the edges and Marcelo and his crew did a very professional job. Marcelo is easy to work with and does quality work. We also like that Marcelo sends pictures of his work in progress via text.

Description of Work
Replace shingle and rubber roof

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

04/27/2018

John M.

Excellent work, overall a great experience working with them. I've used them several times.

Description of Work
They installed a roof and renovated the entire 3rd floor.

Category remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

02/22/2018

BRITT L.

During the crazy storm of 2015 when everyone needed to shovel flat roofs and roofers could essentially make their price, Marcello didn’t over charge. Marcello’s team has repairs parts our roof here in town, and also replaced most of the roof of our house on the Cape. His team also checks on the Cape House and cleans our gutters there. I have used this company for almost a decade now. I can text Marcello and get a prompt answer! They are truly wonderful.

Description of Work
Roofing and gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, roofing, chimney repair, roof snow removal

thanks for everything, also we are here to serving you for future projects.

11/23/2017

robert M.

I paid Marcello $4200 and the leak is not fixed, and actually worse. Within a few weeks after they completed the job and I paid in full, the same skylight now had water pouring in. Marcello came out and applied a sealant, but the skylight still leaked. He came out a second time reapplied the sealant, and this time he insisted that I needed to buy a new skylight and he would install it. Very disappointing considering Marcello was the one who repositioned the skylights. Now I have a second skylight with a heavy leak. I have called Marcello and sent numerous texts and he does not respond. His last text to me was in August of 2016 stating he was traveling and will contact me when he returns.

Description of Work
I hired Marcello because we had a minor leak in one of three skylights with an ice dam issue. Marcello told me there was a pitch issue and recommended a new rubber roof, repositioning the angle of all existing skylights, installing new flashing, and resealing the glass. Cost $4200 with a 10 year guarantee on the work.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

The customer above hire us to fix he's roof leak and we fix one does. We remove asphalt shingles of the sun porch pitch roof 1/12 and install new roof system with rubber roof ( recommend by manufacture roof pitch under 2/12). On this are existing three old skylights on this roof area. I told him the first step is working on roof first seal all skylights and see if the problem is resolve and he agree ( because for replace skylights it going to be so expense). finally o replace the roof and seal the skylights and problem was resolved. One year later ( not fell weeks) he call me to because the leak show up again, and I try many ,many times resolve leak of over 30 years old skylight. I told him to buy the skylight and we can replace with no charge. But he never give me de answer . He only call me on spring season when is more rain expect and the skylight leaks. ( Again the leak only be resolve if replace the skylight where leak.) Unfortunately he not let me help him , and he get upset with this. We did are best to help him but unfortunately this happens.

10/24/2017

Kurt W.

On time and on budget. Refreshed paint in many areas at no additional cost.

Description of Work
Sand and paint porch deck floor. Scrape and paint porch ceiling. Scrape and paint all exterior trim as needed.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 10/24/2017

10/24/2017

Kurt W.

Roofing done within time and price specified. Gutters done in one day. Garage work finished within one week of original time frame. Crew cleaned up nicely every day. Marcello takes pride in his work, and it shows in finished product.

Description of Work
Marcello had previously done a good job replacing our asphalt shingled roof. Needed to replace flat rubber roof over porch. Job required removing and reinstalling railings as well as replacing rotten roof boards and fascia as necessary. Marcello identified a way to change our gutter system, which was not adequately draining rainwater, resulting in the rotting on the roof. We chose to add the replacement of the gutters to the project. We also had Marcello replace some rotting ground level shingles on our garage. This turned out to be a bigger job than we thought, as he discovered the sill plates were all rotten. He kept me informed every step of the way, offered us a fair price for the job, and did a nice job repairing the structure, and also replaced a window .

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/24/2017

06/17/2017

Ramona G.

They were very good. I had them come out to tell me about the leaks but I did not use them. I called them out before I had used them before, because they found the leak on my house and they were very good. I was selling the house that they looked out so it did not matter. I did use them. They were good, they found the leak in my house that no one else was able to find. They charged me very little. I thought there was a leak in my roof, and there was a leak in my windmill. They caulked it and charged me very little. They get A's all the way down the line.

Description of Work
They came out to fix a leak for me.

Work Completed On 06/20/2012

06/02/2017

Russ N.

The project went very well. I've had rental houses for more than 15 years and it's often hard to find a contractor that delivers on their promises, for cost and time. Marcello roofing did all of that. They did what they said they were going to do, they did it when they said they were going to do it, and there were no hidden costs or attempts to renegotiate after the job started.

Description of Work
Replaced a roof on a house very close to the ocean

Work Completed On 06/02/2017

11/07/2016

Ramona G.

I called him several times for an estimate and he didn't even have the courtesy to call back.

Description of Work
did not do any work

Work Completed On 11/07/2016