Affordable Landscaping

Founded 1991 • With Angi since April 2010

We are an award winning woman owned business here to help address your landscaping needs with a women’s touch. We specialize in high end and affordable landscape design & construction. We believe that your back yard is our back yard! As a true full-service landscaper we are committed to providing home and business owners with the highest quality landscaping services at affordable rates. Serving Billerica, Tewksbury, Chelmsford, Burlington, Wilmington, Bedford and LANDSCAPING/HARDSCAPING- Merrimack Valley...

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

lawn & landscaping (68)lawn care (28)hardscaping (26)leaf removal (10)irrigation system (10)mulch delivering (7)Patios (6)lawn treatment (6)tree service (5)excavating (3)chimney repair (2)stone & gravel (2)

02/12/2021

Michele F.

Affordable Landscaping went above and beyond to make our yard into a luxurious and peaceful retreat. Lisa was amazing to work with from coming to give us and estimate to working with us on design to the finished product. She and her team are extremely hard workers. We could not be happier with our patio.

Description of Work
Patio with sitting wall and gas fire pit

Category decks, patios

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

Thank you so much for the review. We loved working with you and your family on making a vacation in your own yard!!! We look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you lisa

09/21/2020

Diane H.

Affordable Landscaping just installed my new lawn. My irrigation system had been unused for years; they added some new lines and heads, got the sprinklers up and running and tied-in with my new well. The grass is coming in beautifully and my yard looks amazing. My neighbors tell me they're jealous. For 15+ years I've hired Affordable Landscaping for numerous jobs, including: building a patio with fire pit, building front and back walkways and a backyard play area, Spring & Fall clean-up, mowing, and installing plantings around my yard. They actually seem to care about doing quality work, which is not always seen these days. They do a job the 'right' way, not the 'cut-corners' way.

Description of Work
Installation of a new lawn and tying-in an existing sprinkler system with a new well.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

Review for Affordable Landscaping - 61 Crimson Rd, Billerica, MA - 38892664

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your review. It has been a pleasure working with you over the years. We where so happy to transform your property into the oasis that it is now.

08/27/2020

Bill L.

Lisa was wonderful. She returned my call same day (no one else -- 6 others -- have in 5 days). Since due to COVID she had an enormous amount of work and sensing that I was a reasonable DIYer, she felt strongly that I could finish the job myself (adding the polymeric sand between brick pavers). She spent a great deal of time on the phone with me describing exactly what to do and where to buy materials. I'm very grateful and will surely call Affordable Landscaping for other future work.

Description of Work
I needed a paver job completed that was left unfinished by another contractor for 4 months.

Category chimney repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

Thank you so much for giving us a call. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to come out and help. But was happy to help when I can. Thank you

07/10/2020

Diane H.

Affordable Landscaping built a patio with fire pit and a walkway that connects the patio with my back deck. They excavated sections of my back and side yards, removing bushes, shrubs, stumps, a couple of small trees, and graded the newly excavated areas. Their irrigation division rerouted existing sprinkler lines around the new patio and added a several new sprinkler heads to areas not previously irrigated. They re-graded portions of an old brick walkway. Finally, they dug up and removed an old, moss-covered patio. All this work was completed in just three days. The owners helped guide my decision-making during the patio/walkway design phase, and the end results have exceeded my expectations. My patio, walkway and the newly excavated areas of my yard look incredible. I will be hiring this company again for any future improvements I plan to make to my property.

Description of Work
Installation of patio, fire pit and walkway. Re-grading of old brick walkway. Removal of an old patio. General excavation work (removal of trees and shrubs, grading of soil) and irrigation system work.

Category excavators, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

Thank so much for the good words. We loved working with you to create the best relaxing and entertaining back yard you could have. Looking forward to working with you in the future. Thank you

07/06/2020

Vanessa S.

Lisa, Gary, and their team did an outstanding job. The project from start to finish was roughly 3 days! They removed a patio and replaced it with a brand new one. They also ripped out the front steps and replaced them with granite steps and made a walkway similar to the patio. They are also going to landscape in the fall. The patio they removed was installed by them about 12 years ago. As you can see we are repeat customers and will use their services for all of our landscape and hardscape needs.

Description of Work
We had an old patio removed and a new one installed also new granite steps and a walkway in the front of the house.

Category chimney repair, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Review for Affordable Landscaping - 61 Crimson Rd, Billerica, MA - 38698141

Thank you so much venessa. We loved working for you and jay again. We are so happy that you are enjoying all our work. It’s always a pleasure working with you guys and can’t wait to do more for you.

06/30/2020

RICHARD C.

I contacted this company multiple times, and while the first communication received a response within 24 hours, subsequent emails were completely ignored.

Description of Work
Landscape design for redoing the backyard, including installing new patio

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to help you. I have been very busy. Working late. I don’t even know where your email is. I have looked after reading this. We are so short handed with not being able to high due to the corona virus. Again I’m sorry we couldn’t connect.

06/20/2020

Janette C.

Lisa, Gary and their small team did a fantastic job. From the initial estimate to completion of the project, communication was very good, the work was very well done, and it all finished on schedule. We are extremely happy with how everything turned out and would definitely consider hiring them again for any upcoming projects. We give them an A++.

Description of Work
We needed to replace a 50-foot wooden retaining wall, a brick front stoop, wooden steps, and a rotted light pole. The wall was replaced with a tumbled concrete block wall, the stoop with a granite slab, the wooden steps with granite steps, and the wood pole with a granite pole.

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

Review for Affordable Landscaping - 61 Crimson Rd, Billerica, MA - 38658061

Thank you so much for the review. We loved working with both of you. We are so happy with the transformation!!! Thank you again.

Marianne C.

Excellent service maintaining my lawn all season. A week of mowing was not missed despite construction at the house. The team does a great job

Description of Work
Season long landscaping and lawn care

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

Thank you so much for the review. We are so happy to be able to service your property and make it the best that it can be.

Marianne C.

Excellent job. They worked well into the evening to get the job done. Anton does excellent work

Description of Work
Total redo of sprinkler system and repair as well as expansion

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 09/14/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We try really hard to get things done in a timely manner. Even when Mother Nature try’s to mess with our schedule. So happy that the system is up and running smoothly for you.

Marianne C.

Excellent job, I was given a quote and within 2 weeks the job was completed exactly as planned

Description of Work
Paver Walkway

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/22/2019

Thank you so much for the review. We are always happy to work with you.

07/19/2019

Rosalind B.

Lisa did an excellent job cleaning out our fish pond. We were so happy to see everything up and running again. She does great work and has a very good vision for landscaping designs.

Description of Work
Cleaning out our fish pond and some pruning

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

So happy to get the pond running again for you. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

06/17/2019

Dan O.

The overall experience was excellent. When we first called for service, the response was immediate. Lisa came by and sat with us for general planning and idea’s. She had such knowledge and experience. Lisa was able to see the “project” and had suggestions that we would not have thought of !! Lisa and her crew always showed up when they said they would. They were professional and their workmanship was of great quality. Communication throughout the entire process was awesome and this was very important to us ! The result was amazing and more than we had envisioned. Thanks Lisa, Gary and the rest of the crew.

Description of Work
Deck removed, new patio installed, land leveled, rock wall built and new tress planted along with several new walkways and a new granite stairway.

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

Review for Affordable Landscaping - 61 Crimson Rd, Billerica, MA - 37934463

Thank you [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure working with the two of you. We all where happy to transform your yard to what you had expected. We would be happy to come out again in the future for anything you may need. Thank you

10/20/2018

Ellen C.

The work we needed done was in Newburyport and they said they do not go to Newburyport. I don't know why this name came up because I did indicate the work would be in Newburyport.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 10/20/2018

Sorry for your trouble. I'm located in Billerica [Member Information Removed]. And don't go there. Why would I get the F if your not in my service area and being down my grade because of the way the listing came up on Angie's list. It's angies list that is the problem.

08/30/2018

Bette S.

Jose gave me a price immediately and was punctual as promised. When it was discovered that the project required unforeseen extra cleanup, he took care of the job professionally. He went above and beyond what was required to make me happy.

Description of Work
I needed to get rid of a grape vine that was overtaking my entire backyard.

Work Completed On 08/30/2018

08/17/2018

Judy K.

Responded to message in good time. We’re able to complete work on the same day. Very pleasant and hard working men. My grounds look beautiful!

Description of Work
Lawn hadn’t been mowed for weeks. And after much rain, was very high.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

05/29/2018

Mark K.

I have not hired them as I am still reviewing other estimates. To those who claim there is no response, my call was returned that day and someone was at my house the next day (Sunday) to review what was needed. all of my emails have been responded to including emails over the long weekend. I have a lower estimate but I am still thinking of going with this company.

Description of Work
Patio, walk, and complete lawn repair

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

Thank you for your review. I do try my hardest to stay in contact with all my inquiries. I hope your projects get completed as planned. Whom ever you hire. Thank you lisa

05/11/2018

Marilyn C.

Lisa and her team did an excellent job doing the spring clean up. They were very accommodating and any special requests that we had were handled with no problems. I would definitely hire Affordable Landscaping again.

Description of Work
Spring clean up

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

Thank you for your kind words. It is always good working for such great customers. Thank you again an we look forward to working with you again in the future

04/30/2018

Mary B.

It didn't go. I called to see about having someone come out to give me an estimate. I was told that they were booked two months out and wouldn't be able to do the job in the time frame I was looking for. I said I realized it was late and probably wouldn't get my garden in this year and just wanted an estimate. She's too busy to even come out to look at the job to provide an estimate. I've never heard of a company not even willing to give an estimate. Needless to say I won't be calling them again if I have needs in the future.

Description of Work
Preparation of garden area

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

Thank you for calling us. I'm sorry that my schedule is completely full. I would rather be up front and honest with people than make promises I may not be able to keep. The little time I have is valuable. I work 7 days a week and already have over two weeks of appts. Our man power has been so unpredictable that I don't want to say I'll do something and then not arrive. I hope you find someone. Lisa

04/26/2018

daniel S.

Ruiz and his crew performed very well...within two days the completed the work, with high quality and professionalism. the crew was very polite and courteous. especially the sprinkler guy, Alepio. he was very attentive and really cared that everything was working well.

Description of Work
replace existing sod in front of the house. replace sprinkle control box and sprinklers heads. provide on going lawn maintenance.

04/20/2018

Susan B.

Have not started the project yet, but i just wanted to say that owner responded to my inquiry quickly despite this very hectic time of year for the business. I saw a lot of ratings of 'F' stating owner didn't respond. I wanted to say that she did respond quickly.

Description of Work
Landscaping and foundation replanting

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for writing a review. I do try to respond to everyone as quick as I can. It was a pleasure talking with you the other day and I look forward to working with you this season. Let's hope spring or summer actually shows up.

12/07/2017

Lisa B.

It was a very large job, but Lisa handled it very well. She showed up when she said she was going to, and was very responsive by text whenever questions arose. She also offered great suggestions for our project. The project came in over budget, but that was no fault of hers, as we added to the project as we went along. The price was reasonable, as it was a very large job. We also retained Lisa to provide regular lawn care (including spring and fall cleanups) and maintenance of the sprinkler system. The lawn was seeded at the end of September, and has come in very nicely. We have received MANY complements from our neighbors, and we are very happy with the outcome!

Description of Work
We had Lisa do a complete overhaul of our property, including terracing our front yard, installing a stone paver terraced walkway with stone retaining walls, three large planting beds, and a granite stairway. Lighting was installed at the top of each retaining wall to shed light on two three-step inserts in the walkway, and a new granite mailbox post was installed. Lisa also installed a full irrigation system, brought in loam and seeded both our front and back yards. She also fixed a long-time issue with a French Drain in front of our garage. Lisa also acted as a liaison with a local fence company to help us get exactly what we wanted.

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

Review for Affordable Landscaping - 61 Crimson Rd, Billerica, MA - 36651232

Thank you so much for your review. It was great working for you. We try very hard tonmake sure that our customers are happy with what we have done. We are thrilled you like everything we did. It has been a pleasure working for you and look forward to working for you in the future. Thank you

12/07/2017

Darlene B.

Exceptional work Lisa cares so much about the work they do and it shows. Everything is perfect was done quickly, very affordable. Would recommend highly

Description of Work
Had a wall built around the front gardens of my house

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal