A Cut Above The Best Tree Removal

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2013

8 Jasper st 2

Beverly, MA 01915

My name is Jay. Everyone that knows me calls me Jay Tree. I grew up with a tree business in my family and always had a dream that I would find a job I loved one day. I started doing jobs with my uncle and then a few of his friends that also owned tree services. As soon as I got up in a tree

08/15/2020

John E.

Yes used jay once before and all went well. I had been leaving him voice mails and texts for a couple weeks and he finally answered his phone. He acted like he mistakenly answered and said they were just getting up and running again. Yes waited another two weeks and texted,called and sent photos of my trees multiple times. In three months I easily called and texted him 20 times with not one response. I even asked him just to text me back either way. Nothing! I’ve referred him to other work in the past so I find this particularly rude and ungrateful. I’m in the construction industry and I’ll be sure to never recommend him again! Horrible.

Description of Work
I asked for him to come by for about 10 trees to be cut down and another 20 trimmed.

Category lawn service, tree service

08/07/2019

David D.

He was unavailable to do the work in a timely fashion but he was willing to call other tree people in the area to see if they could get it done before the next round of storms came in. That's service!

Description of Work
Remove a branch hanging on a wire.

05/04/2017

Edward H.

Every was done exactly as described. No issues whatsoever. Great job.

Description of Work
Jay and his team took down a large beech tree in our yard and did a couple of other small tasks (removed a small tree, cut a branch overhanging the house, and removed a very large dead bush).

10/16/2016

suzanne M.

They showed up on time, worked very hard, cleaned up and were professional. They were pleasant to have here as well. Nice hard working guys. I will have them back to do more work. They made one side of our yard look so nice we want to have more work done.

Description of Work
We had 40' hemlocks trimmed inside/sides as well as 15' cut off the top. Lots of dead branches on the insides and lowest sections of trees were trimmed down to the trunk up to fence height.

04/14/2016

Sandra G.

He cut the gigantuan fir tree down. To be clear, I did not hire Jay, " A Cut above The Best".....my NEIGHBOR did. I was not home but got called at Massachusetts general hospital, by my daughter, where i was staying with my terminally ill husband . I rushed home to find damages and a simply horrible mess on my property. He destroyed 4 arborvities, one huge beautiful yew was simply cut down, a lot of fir bits and pieces were on the roof of my sun room, the gutter was dented, and straight in line with the dented gutter, the solar light attached to the deck was smashed and on the ground, and again in line with the smashed solar light, my fieldstone wall had huge stones out and on the ground. It was abundantly clear that he dropped a huge limb on my roof, yet he adamantly denied it when i got in touch with him. There was a two step fieldstone "walk up" that my husband had made into the garden area, when he built that beautiful wall. That is completely gone, filled in, with stones that Jay must have gathered up from the damaged stone wall. He also left a FIVE AND ONE HALF FOOT STUMP,!!! It hovers there over my flower beds. It's simply awful. He also has stated that the neighbor said the arborvites were hers and the property where all the wood is was hers. I have asked her and she says, never did I say that! It took me, as I was preparing for my husbands funeral, December 14, two-three hours each day, for three days to get the wood chips off the pool cover. It was weighted down and being sucked into the pool. I mowed that back area of my lawn six times trying to get all the chips off the grass.. There were many holes and dense "wood remains" all over my lawn. I am still trying hard to clean up the debris in the beds and grass. He had obviously dropped the tree into my yard, cut it up in my yard and THE WORST OF ALL, HE LEFT A GOOD DEAL OF THE WOOD....IN HUGE PIECES, HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF POUNDS EACH, ..........ON MY PROPERTY. The area was a disaster, a HIT AND RUN" Both decks were thick with wood chips as well. Even the driveway, on the other side of the house had 1/2 inch of wood chips on it, and had to be cleaned before the funeral. I had no choice but to file a police report, as the roof might have had some unseen damage and winter was upon me. I spoke to my insurance company as well, to see if they would cover damage made by a tree company. They would not, but sent a letter to the homeowner, along with my personal request to the neighbor, to help in getting this cleared up. Jay "A Cut Above The Best" REFUSED to come back saying that because I accused him of trespassing on my property, he would not step back in my yard. I told him that he DID TRESPASS. The tooth fairy didn't do all this damage. He did. I was not home when all of this occurred. My daughter was staying here. THIS WAS NOT MY TREE, I DID NOT HIRE HIM, BUT I REMAIN WITH A DISASTER. I authorized his return into my yard to be accountable for WHAT HE DID. He has refused consistently. He "says" the police have advised him to stay out of it, and he "says" the insurance company advised him to stay away! I have checked with both the insurance company, (who offered themselves to write the letter to the neighbor) and the police. Both have said that they NEVER advised Mr. VanGelder to stay away and not be involved. The neighbor and I are both now getting prices from other tree companies to get this mess cleared up. ALWAYS, they said, they get a "sign off" from a neighbor when a tree is that close to the lot line. I also called him to come back to put his estimate in to clean up his mess. He refused, again saying he's been advised to stay away. Two tree companies have walked away stating that they wouldn't send their guys in to clean up someone else's mess! I am livid and remain livid. How a company can walk in, destroy ones yard and property, AND NOT EVEN THE PROPERTY HE WAS HIRED TO WORK ON, than sit there and say they don't want to be involved IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!! If you wish for pictures of his work, I would be happy to provide pictures of ALL his work.

Description of Work
a "Cut Above The Best"; Jay VanGelder, was hired by my neighbor to cut a tree down . This tree was situated very close to the property line. Please read below.

Category lawn service, tree service

04/09/2016

Patricia M.

Weather was not on his side, a lot of rain and windy days. But when he was able to work they put in long days, and never seem to stop until they are at the end of their day. Our trees were large and some were near a building, pool or fences. They tie off the branches when needed and simply drop them to the ground. We would definitely recommend them and would use them again.

Description of Work
cut and removed 20 trees. most of the trees were Very large. Climbs the trees like a monkey, it's unbelievable to watch. They did a great job and the clean up was good too.

Category tree service

Thank you so much for the review. I'm very glad you are satisfied with our work. This was a big job.

09/05/2015

Robert H.

I am very pleased with the work Jay did. He removed a pine tree, and shaped a maple tree near my back deck. He made sure that I was satisfied with the work he did, and was very professional. He did a thorough cleanup before he left. I would use him again without hesitation.

Description of Work
removed a pine tree, and shaped a maple tree near back deck.

08/10/2015

Robert M.

Jay and his team are fantastic. He quoted me a fair price and got the job don't the next day. He was extremely professional, provided a very fair price and the work was excellent. I would use Jay again in a heart beat.

Description of Work
Tree Service

06/25/2015

Jimmy D.

I was amazed at how fast he got these tall trees done! Very carefully and he is absolutely the best at what he does! This is my second time using Jay! He is A++++ all the way! He arrived on time as he said always and is very curtious and respectful! If I ever need more trees done again he'll be the one I call again! I recommend him all the way!

Description of Work
Cut to tall trees in between my propert line and neighbors! He even came out the night before and spoke to the neighbor to get his approval since the trees where on both our property lines!

Category tree service

Thank you [Member name removed]. You've been a great customer and I always appreciate the reviews.

06/08/2015

daniel C.

At first when I got home I thought it went great. Next day I was out there and noticed the damage he left behind. Cracks in concrete patio where tree was located. Obvious to me a large cut landed there. I called to let him know. He seemed like good guy that I could trust so I made mistake saying "take your time". "Don't make special trip, just call next time you?re in my area" Medford, MA. Here it begins, the" I will be around this time on that day" talk. Back and forth with that for 2+ weeks. Then finally I left voice mail asking what was going on? Text he sent said he was very sorry but lost my contact info. Then said I'll be there tomorrow. I sent text saying you should have not pushed it this far. I work with a lot of people at the state who always come to me for referrals and I could have gotten you more work. He was the lowest bidder, he did great job removing tree, but left hundreds if not more, of dollars? worth of damage and told me he does not believe me. Also made a wise crack about state workers. Cheap tree guy but not responsible for accidental damages.

Description of Work
Remove a no branch tree

Category tree service

Sorry you are unhappy. I did respond to you and offer to come out and take a look at what you were concerned about. No damage was noted when we did the work out there. After the hostility in my texts from you I explained that it no longer felt safe to come out there. If I can help and refer another tree service in the future then let me know.

12/18/2013

Cecelia B.

never showed-up after initial snow removal. never responded to calls either informing us they weren't coming back. would not recommend this company if you have an emergency at your property.

Description of Work
contracted for snow removal on property.

Category lawn service

MEZ Landscaping and Construction

Welcome to MEZ Landscaping and Construction. We have been proudly serving the local area since 2002. Call us today to schedule an appointment for fast, quality and reliable work. You will not regret your decision to work with our company.

Mas Landscaping

M.A.S. Landscaping stands for Mark Anthony Scenna. I am from Everett Massachusetts. I established my company in February 2004. I now have accounts in Everett, Revere, Saugus, Winthrop, Malden, Medford and Cambridge. M.A.S. provides Cleanups - Maintenance - Design - Snow plowing to Residential and Commercial properties. I offer season proposals that consist of A Spring cleanup with Mulch, Weekly or bi weekly Lawn and property Maintenance, Fertilizing, Pruning and Fall cleanups. We also do one time jobs and projects as well. New lawn installations, Block walls, Planting, Stone borders, General Repairs, I provide nothing less than honest, dependable, quality filled services. Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MAS-Landscaping-Everett-Revere-Ma/130069190505419 Give us a call for a FREE ESTIMATE. 617-592-5657 !

LCN Tree Service Corp

I have 22 years of experience and the dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in tree services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Offers Coupon

We specialize in all aspects of tree removal! Storm damage cleanup and removal. Hazardous tree removal and trimming. Skilled climbing work. Residential and commercial land clearing. Landscape and decorative trimming. Stump removal. We also do disposals and cleanouts big and small.

Ask for details.