Renaissance Masonry

Founded 1992 • With Angi since April 2005

35 Upland Road

Belmont, MA 02478

Full masonry and water-proofing services including design and restoration. Serving commercial and residential needs in the Greater Boston area. We are fully licensed and insured. With over twenty years of experience, we take pride in our personal service....

08/30/2019

Olivia K.

I had an incredibly smooth experience with Kevin at Renaissance Masonry. We were worried that the finished basement of our new home (fieldstone foundation) was getting some water in it as evidenced by a high moisture reading in the drywall and the presence of efflorescence on the walls. Kevin responded to my inquiry within several hours and was accommodating in coming out for a consultation. I had mentally prepared myself for Kevin to tell me that the whole foundation should be repointed, but he told me that as a whole it was in pretty good shape and we could start with repointing the areas that were more clearly degraded (moss growing between stones) which coincided with the places that we were seeing evidence of moisture. Because it was a small job, Kevin said that he'd likely be able to get to it in a month's time but was able to squeeze us in earlier than that. The day of the job, he and his assistant arrived early and completed the work on time, leaving the space clean. Before and after pictures attached. Kevin's measured approach in solving our water problem has proven successful so far as we've had several heavy rain storms and no more evidence of moisture in our basement. Not to mention that he was a pleasure to deal with start to finish. We'd absolutely hire him again.

Description of Work
Selective repointing of fieldstone foundation, including repointing the seam between foundation and sidewalk.

06/23/2019

Kay S.

Kevin and John were very professional, from the initial estimate to the final clean up. They were honest and skilled, and kept us appraised when they encountered more chimney damage than we were aware of. They had to charge extra when we changed the color of the wall after the first coat, but they were very reasonable about it. We also asked them to create a concrete slab for a new tool shed while they were here, which they did quickly and well.

Description of Work
Our chimney had to be repointed and partially rebuilt. We also had our concrete frontage wall painted and a concrete slab created for a tool shed foundation.

Category concrete repair,masonry,chimney repair

04/26/2019

Lorinda G.

Everything went very smoothly. Kevin provided an estimate within a few days of us contacting Renaissance and kept me informed about their schedule. Kevin and John were actually able to start a few days earlier than expected. They removed all the old mortar and bad bricks, then repaired and repointed everything, including where the brick part of the foundation meets the fieldstone section. They arrived promptly each morning and left the area very tidy at the end of the job. We would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Repointing and repair of disintegrating bricks for exterior foundation of 140-year-old house.

06/22/2018

Kate W.

The whole process was great. I got 3 estimates and Kevin's was in the middle. I trusted Kevin's expertise and his friendly intelligence and the way he explained things. I did negotiate the price down a bit -- then he said he could rebrick the 2 holes where the old heating oil pipes used to go in and I agreed to add a bit on. We stuck to this price even though I added a time capsule to the brick job and the mortar overall was a lot more deteriorated than it looked. The cracks were really deep. It probably had never been done since the house was built in 1885, so it took a lot more mortar, time and care to fill them in. Then it rained and with the additional work, it took the crew two days longer than expected but they were super polite and quiet. They matched the mortar color and brick fittings perfectly. The house foundation looks wonderful and although I had been dreading this big and unromantic maintenance job, nothing beats the peace of mind that our house is on a solid base again. Husband and I are very glad we got this done and I would hire Renaissance again in a flash.

Description of Work
Repoint the brick foundation and a basement wall

06/11/2018

Robert G.

John was responsive and professional. He gave me a realistic assessment of the situation, was very honest about what was and wasn't necessary, and charged a fair price. The work was completed in a timely manner as promised and I am very happy with the quality. A pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
Repairs to stone foundation and retaining wall stairs

04/27/2018

Laura S.

John and his crew were excellen. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Foundation, chimney and step repair

Category masonry,chimney repair

12/09/2017

Matthew G.

He arrived on time, it took the estimated two days, and they cleaned up well afterwards, not something everyone does! Would be happy to work with John again.

Description of Work
John's team sealed a leaky area in our basement against outside water intrusion and future root growth.

Category masonry,basement waterproofing

09/29/2017

JEREMY G.

Kevin was a pleasure to work with. He responded promptly to all communications and they left things neat and clean when they left for the day. I'm thrilled with the result!

Description of Work
The mortar in our stone foundation was crumbling. Renaissance removed all of the crumbling mortar and replaced it.

05/18/2017

Beth G.

Work went great! Kevin was very reponsive to my initial inquiry and to all questions afterwards (mostly about scheduling). They completed the project in a day, and left the site clean and orderly. They were able to work around the gate post without damaging it, and replaced the trellises when they were done. I would hire Renaissance again in a heartbeat and will recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Sections of our foundation needed significant repointing - some of the bricks were coming lose on one corner, and the mortar had crumbled to dust in several other sections. The work was complicated by the location of a couple of trellises and a gate post and section of our fence (We have a walk-out basement, and the back wall of our foundation is mostly exposed).

04/01/2017

Keith O.

Renaissance did a great job. Bricks in our foundation were crumbling inside and the mortar was crumbling outside. They came in and worked around the winter weather to complete the job in an extremely professional manner, always in contact to update me or answer my questions. They were a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Repair and repoint the brick and fieldstone foundation, both interior and exterior.

MasterBuild Masonry & Construction

We have the know-how to tackle everything from the smallest of repairs to large-scale projects. No matter the size of the job. We always work hard to ensure our clients are completely satisfied with our work.

Capuano Construction

Family owned and operated, Capuano Construction has specialized in masonry work since 1956.

Drummond Construction LLC

Drummond Construction LLC is an owner opeated Roofing/Masonry company out of Weymouth, MA. We specialize in shingle roofs, chimneys and masonry restoration. With 20+ years of experience we strive to provide professional and quality service.

Design and restoration. Traditional stucco, repointing, brickwork, blockwork, chimneys, basement restoration, steps, patios and tilework.