Fotis Construction & Remodeling/Fotis Mechanical

Founded 1985 • With Angi since October 2001

We are a small family Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning and Construction Services company based in Belmont, MA. We usually provide most services "in house" and subcontract services such as electrical, plastering, floors and painting at times. By doing most of the work "in House" we can keep quality and budget under control while keeping the construction process "steamlined". We can handle large jobs such as home building down to small kitchen and bathroom renovations and repairs. We pride ourselves with Quality, courteous and prompt service at all times. We make all attemps to make your experience with our service a pleasureable one....

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

plumbers (16)HVAC Companies (12)water heaters (3)home remodeling (9)electrician (3)gas leak repair (2)interior painting (2)decks & porches (2)tile installation (2)house painting (1)wallpaper removal (1)

11/23/2021

Te L.

Requested more than 10 days ago to this company's telephone representative as an Agislist's member, never heard back from them.

Description of Work
Check out gas heating boiler problem

Category ceramic tile, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

02/04/2021

Annie C.

After getting the run around from multiple other providers, I spoke to Tom and he pulled one of his workers off another job to come to our house within an hour (during a nor'easter). When the initial repair did not solve the problem and the heat died again in the middle of the night, I called Tom at 7am and he had the same guy come back around 8am. After troubleshooting, he found the root of the problem as the gas inlet valve. Another guy from Fotis tracked down the part and brought it to our place, and the furnace was fixed (hopefully for good) within an hour. Tom was super responsive, and the repair guys were very professional and COVID-safe. We were not charged for the first day of service since that did not solve the problem, and were only charged for the second day and parts. Will definitely call Tom Fotis for any future work!

Description of Work
Furnace stopped working suddenly

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

07/09/2020

Shai C.

Very reliable, got the parts although it was a holiday weekend. Used him in the past, will do the same in the future.

Description of Work
Water heater failed

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

05/17/2019

Edward S.

Despite 3 weeks of trying to schedule this service, Fotis never showed up. They were due on two separate occasions and never arrived. I texted and called the head office several times and never got a call back once they had stood me up. I would not recommend this business.

Description of Work
Leaky faucet repair

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

Review for Fotis Construction & Remodeling/Fotis Mechanical - 1000 Pleasant St, Belmont, MA - 37881086

02/23/2019

Cheryl B.

Closed out bid nothing was performed

Description of Work
Closed out bid

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

10/24/2018

Kelly K.

Just had a great experience with Fotis. We were having several issues with our boiler and old steam radiators - called at 7AM and had someone to the house at 12:30PM. Tom (Fotis) was incredibly knowledgeable and spent much time and attention to ensure that all of our varying issues were taken care of. The heat is working perfectly in the house and am definitely keeping these guys on speed-dial.

Description of Work
Boiler Overhaul

Work Completed On 10/23/2018

It was a pleasure meeting and working with you [Member Name Removed].

10/04/2018

Loryn S.

Tom, is literally the best! I had a contractor that built a room in my basement. He made the biggest mistake and moved the gas line and water pipes. Ridiculous! We were not getting hot water and I called Tom who put my system in 5 years ago. Tom was so concerned ( about the gas vent) that he had his crew at my house within 24 hours despite him being so busy. He was professional (as always) they were efficient, they were done within hours and brought everything up to code and approved by the inspector. I can't recommend this company enough. Also, I NEVER give reviews, but Tom and his company are exceptional. Thank you, so much Tom! And, if I ever move you're the first call I'll make.

Description of Work
Switching of pipes

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

01/23/2018

ANN M.

There was a gas leak in the pipe/shut off valve behind the stove. The gas company came, turned it off and covered the shut off valve with some sealant. I called several plumbers who were busy and finally contacted one company and was told they couldn't come for several days. The night before they were to come they called to reschedule as they had some plumbing emergencies. I had been without a stove for several days at this point. I contacted Tom Fotis and he managed to fit me in that day and the work was done.

Description of Work
replacement of gas shut off valve for pipe behind kitchen stove

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

01/11/2018

Ron A.

The work was done to my full satisfaction.

Description of Work
I had a bad pump and few pipes coupling that burst. Analysis and handling of the issue was really excellent. Very professional work and they took over the issue until it was fully fixed.

Work Completed On 01/09/2018

04/25/2017

THERESA B.

Fotis initially called back the day after our query but there was no further follow-up and we went with another plumber.

Description of Work
We wanted to have a replacement toilet and bathroom vanity installed that we had bought ourselves.

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

10/24/2016

FRANCES Q.

Very well. Tom Fotis is a capable, versatile plumber, honest and reliable.

Description of Work
Plumbing Services: Repair of steam boiler; removal of old dishwasher and installation of new one; removal of old kitchen gas range and installation of new one

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

10/11/2016

J. F.

NA NA NA NA NA there's your 10 characters

Description of Work
Did not contact, did not use, accidentally opened this page with. No apparent way to cancel it or delete

Category ceramic tile, interior painters, gas leak repair

Cost $0.02

Work Completed On 10/11/2016

07/14/2016

Yuli F.

Tom was great. I called him around 9pm because our AC stopped working, and he called me back promptly. He came by at 7am the next morning and quickly replaced the blown capacitor, and the AC started right up. He was very knowledgeable and told me how to keep the AC unit running well. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Central AC Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 07/14/2016

02/29/2016

Robert B.

Awesome experience!! Tom is a very nice person and easy to deal with and he takes the time to explain things in detail and to suggest cost saving alternatives. His plumbers do excellent work!! Would certainly recommend Tom and Fotis Plumbing!

Description of Work
Complete Plumbing Renovation for Rental Apt including installation of 4 basement laundry units.

Work Completed On 08/28/2015

02/20/2016

John W.

The last time I called Fotis, they serviced two boilers in my two family home. Neither system had been serviced since the installation three years earlier. In addition, Tom replaced four filters for the heating and air conditioning ducts. The final part of this service entailed replacing a small pipe which contained a filtering system that recirculates the water for my boiler.

Description of Work
I am fortunate to have had Fotis Construction & Remodeling install a complete plumbing system as well as an HVAC system when I gutted and rebuilt my house several years ago. I say that I am fortunate because Fotis is one of the very few HVAC contractors who are well prepared to install and service the cutting edge HVAC systems available in the marketplace. The systems they installed are very efficient and seemingly futuristic. In my experience, Tom Fotis is honest, punctual, and easy to contact when service is needed. He keeps in touch and always returns my calls within an hour or two. He always accommodates my schedule and does what he promises to do. If you ever need HVAC installation or service, do yourself a favor and call Fotis Construction & Remodeling. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Their rates are competitive, and more importantly, they are honest. They never try to "sell up" or suggest services you don't need. I always know that when they give me an estimate that's what I end up paying. Due to their long history in the field, they know what a particular service or repair will cost the consumer. There have never been any surprises when I get the bill.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/15/2016

01/07/2016

Megan L. L.

Great! I was very pleased with their work and with Tom taking the time to explain everything to me.

Description of Work
They replaced outdoor hose spigots, put air removal mechanisms into my boiler pipes and fixed problems left by another horrible plumbing company.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/01/2015

12/16/2015

Jens M.

Contacted Fotis Mechanical twice, would have been a new customer for them. Both times, phone got answered by the office and my information was taken down. Request was for a quote on rerouting and shortening the duct work in the attic for two bathroom vents and replacement of the bathroom vent fans. After the first call Tom Fotis called back to discuss the details of the work and promised to stop by and have a look before providing a quote. Tom did not follow up afterwards nor showed up at the premises. A week and a half later I placed a follow-up call, my information was taken down again, and I was promised that somebody would call back. Call never happened. Both times I did indicate that the work is not emergency work and that I am flexible with scheduling. Contractor was not engaged do to lack of communications and arranging for providing a quote. Work was not performed.

Description of Work
Shortening the duct work in the attic for two bathroom vents and replacement of the bathroom vent fans

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/04/2015

12/10/2015

George C.

We had great communication with Fotis from the beginning. They were responsive and detailed in their explanation of the work to be done and they manner in which they were going to do it. They completed the project in a timely manner and provided temporary hot water using electric pumps so that we were never without heat during the installation process. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Fotis Constuction installed a new high efficiency boiler system and holding tank, qualifying for MA state energy reimbursements.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/18/2015

06/24/2015

FRANCES Q.

Very well. workers arrived promptly, and handled the job efficiently...they obviously knew what they were doing, and cleaned up completely when the installation was completed.

Description of Work
Provider replaced an old gas water heater with a new one.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

03/30/2015

Weihua D.

Will not consider the slow responsiveness and the unreasonable quote.

Description of Work
Give an estimate for adding a small bath on 1st floor. Wait for 3 weeks to get an estimate back and the estimate is simply too high. 40% - 50% higher than other contractors I met later.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

01/27/2015

Bohdar H.

I have a pretty new and very efficient hydro air heating system. Things were fine this year until it got very cold with outside temps under 20F. At that point, the heat just couldn't keep up, and indoor temp couldn't get above 59F. I noticed the temp reading on the Buderus boiler was only showing 110. I called them, left a voicemail, and my call was returned that day! Was able to quickly arrange a time for him to look at it where he spent some time and began diagnosing the issue. It took multiple visits, but one was in the evening, and another was on a Saturday morning, so I didn't have to miss any work, which was nice. He replaced the faulty outdoor reset controller; now the boiler knows to dial up the heat on colder days instead of being stuck at the minimum, and I have a comfortable house again.

Description of Work
Diagnosed boiler problem, replaced AM10 outdoor reset controller

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home remodeling

Cost $308.75

Work Completed On 01/24/2015

05/03/2012

Edwin C L.

Same day response to request for service with visit next day. Very reasonable charges. I have previously used this company for a bathroom renovation and plumbing work with great results. The company has all the latest high tech gadgets and has the tools for solderless pipe connections and natural gas leak detection. Licensed for plumbing, heating-HVAC and major renovations.

Description of Work
Replaced several defective parts on gas heating system and corrected small leak on gas dryer connection.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 05/02/2012