Above & Beyond Pet Services

Founded 2012 • With Angi since August 2012

464 Common Street Ste 276

Belmont, MA 02478

We are a local Belmont based business, currently accepting new clients for pet sitting and dog walks. We are a member of Pet Sitter's International, Bonded, Insured and American Red Cross Pet CPR trained. We have been fostering dogs and cats for the MSPCA (Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty towards Animals) for years. Please note I do not breed discriminate. Each dog is judged independently on their own merits....

01/24/2020

Jaime L.

I’ve been using AABPS services for well over a year now for both my dog and cat. Overall they have been great! I recently was assigned a new walker - Nate. I’m slow to trust people, especially when it comes to taking care of my dog, but he has been lovely. Very sweet and kind to her - making sure she is well cared for while I’m away at work. He goes as far as putting her boots on and cleaning her paws of salt before coming back into the house in the winter, in addition to bringing in my mail packages and leaving notes about his walk with my dog. Many neighbors have even commented on how kind he is when they see him walking the dog around the condo property. Scheduling with AABPS a simple email (which always has quick response rates), billing is a one-click payment on a monthly basis. I did a lot of research and have tried a few dog daycare companies, but feel I’ve found a great fit with Above and Beyond Pet Services.

Description of Work
Daily dog walking and occasional cat sitting

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

01/05/2020

Kurt H.

We love Above and Beyond Pet Services, and especially Christina who has been walking and caring for our dog, Magnus. Chistina's notes and responses to our requests and questions have been wonderful and kept our confidence that she really cares. Whenever one of us has been at home during Christina's visit it is also obvious to us how happy Magnus is to see and be with her. Thank you, Christina, for being such a wonderful partner in the care of Magnus, and than you A&BPS!

Description of Work
Dog walking

01/02/2020

Fernando M.

We have used Above & Beyond Pet Services for years now and they are truly exceptional! They love animals and are always very accommodating if our schedule changes. Christina, our dog walker, always takes good care of our little one and you can tell that my dog really loves her! I definitely recommend Above & Beyond Pet Services if you are looking for a dog walker!

Description of Work
Dog walking

09/06/2018

Todd K.

I have used Above and Beyond for years and I am extremely happy with their service. They go out of their way to ensure all the particular ways I want my kitties looked after are accommodated. They send status reports with pictures for every visit, which is a wonderful way to keep me appraised. I am particularly fond of Maria's service as she has a genuine enthusiasm and real love for my cats. Khristy also regularly looks after them and when she does I know they are in good hands.

Description of Work
Cat visits

08/20/2018

Rebekah Z.

We have been regular clients of Above and Beyond for over a year now. They walk our mini-dachshund, Winston, 4-5 times a week. They are truly exceptional and we adore our dog walkers, Alyce, Billy and Holly. When we began, Holly came out to meet us and took very detailed notes about our dog, our needs and our schedule. Since then she has been professional, thoughtful, quick to respond to any scheduling changes or any questions and a true pleasure to work with. She also walks Winston on occasion, and is amazing at all she does. Our regular dog walker, Alyce has been absolutely fantastic. Winston is a little guy and will not walk with just anyone. In fact, he is likely one of their trickiest clients! Alyce has been patient and kind with him. From the moment I met Alyce I have never had a single worry about leaving Winston in her care. She is responsible and genuinely understands dogs. She truly loves her work!! When it rains she takes the initiative to find his coat and is sure to towel him off. When he wants to play fetch, she plays fetch. When he wants to play in the snow, she plays in the snow with him. Whatever the day, I know he and Alyce have fun together on his walks. Billy is our regular back up walker and again, nothing but the best from this place. He is a gem and Winston loves him as well. In fact, he stayed overnight to care for Winston when I had to go out of town last minute. Above and Beyond made all the arrangements on very short notice and were very accommodating. They sent photos and updates to keep me informed. I feel very lucky to know they are spending time with Winston every day while I am at work. Winston loves his walking buddies dearly, he gets very excited to see them! From every aspect, Above and Beyond really is above and beyond! I am grateful to work with such a unique group of people who truly love their work and are exceptionally good at what them do. I cannot recommend them more highly.

Description of Work
daily dog walking

Category pet sitters,kennels,dog walkers

01/10/2018

Walt M.

Above & Beyond has been a fantastic company to work with. Our walker, Khristy, takes great care of our dog. She makes sure he gets walks, play, and cuddles, and always leaves a note about how he did on their walk. When Khristy is unavailable, Above & Beyond makes sure to have another fantastic walker come at the same time so our dog is never left in need. Ted at Above & Beyond is very responsive and the organization seems very well managed, which is especially appreciated when pets are relying on their walkers every day. We're so happy with our walker and Above & Beyond overall, and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for dog walkers in the area.

Description of Work
When we got a dog last year, we started looking for a regular dog walker to come during the work day.

11/10/2017

Kristina M.

Everything went really well. The sitters came every day to feed my cats and clean up after them. They sent pictures of each cat (more when the cats warmed up to them) and made sure to tell me what they did on their visit. They brought in the mail every day, and were much more conscientious about cleaning than I ever am! Mia and Jacob obviously love animals and my cats seemed to enjoy having them there (you know, as much as cats enjoy anything).

Description of Work
Three weeks (18 days total) of cat sitting while I was on vacation.

10/04/2017

Elizabeth O.

Finally, i have found fantastic care for my two bunnies when i travel. Maria is fantastic, the bunnies loved her, and the other employees who visited did a great job also. It is so hard to find pet sitters that understand rabbits and Above and Beyond only sends pet sitters who are vet techs or are rabbit owners themselves. One of my rabbits is elderly (11 years old) and both of them sometimes have tummy trouble that requires medication, if untreated it can be deadly. The way to know that they are sick with this is observational and may easily be missed by someone without rabbit experience. The bunnies are shy and usually hide under the couch when people come in , but with these visits they warmed up instantly to the sitters. The care was thorough, I left a long list of notes on feeding, etc and they were followed to a t. (I think some of my past sitters have rolled their eyes at my lengthy notes but A&B put all of this in their records. And the best part was the detailed report and pictures that A&B sent after EACH visit. And I was pleased to get phone calls when something was unclear. This business is very professionally run and modern, online paymets, etc. I am no longer worried about the bunnies when i travel and I am so happy to have been given the recommendation to use them. (thank you Belmont Pet Store)

Description of Work
Care for 2 rabbits, feeding, cleaning cage, giving medication

08/12/2017

AMY B.

Fantastic. I have used Ted's service before and have never been disappointed. I love getting daily pics of my cat while I am traveling and to know that she has some company. Also a big thank you to Nicole for brining in and unpacking my blue apron order. They really do go above and beyond :)

Description of Work
Cat sitting in my home while I was out of state

08/07/2017

Elizabeth G.

Excellent! We have been so pleased and appreciative of all of Above and Beyond's excellent work. We're so glad we found them and have felt completely assured knowing our cat has been in caring and more than competent hands when we are away. We also LOVE the little daily updates and photos! Khristy, Jordan, and Alyce were terrific.

Description of Work
Cat sitting

Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Animal Boarding Kennels

Dog walking & pet Sitting (Cat, Dog & Exotics)

Boarding, Grooming & Transportation