Furniture Services By Rick Wells

Founded 1969 • With Angi since September 2012

Over 40 years in the business. EXPERT furniture repair and refinishing. Owner operated, LOVE what I do and pride myself in making your happy with your beloved restored pieces. ...

John Barry

In business since 1982. In home repairs as well as complete restoration of fine furniture and pianos.

Restorers Without Borders

COMPLETE woodworking services. Structural repairs to all types of damaged wood furniture items. Stripping and refinishing of wood surfaces. Painting and gold-leafing. Caning and rushing on chairs. Reupholstery. FURNITURE REPAIR PRICE ESTIMATES: $0 if client brings item to our workshop Drop-offs: 10 to 4 (Mon thru Fri) by appointment $100: for on-site house visit within 30 minutes commute time from Brookline workshop). NOTE: On-site house visit fee is deducted from bill if 'RWB' staff does the work Furniture pick-up & re-delivery available (at a fee) Repair jobs done in woodworking workshop and not at client home

02/15/2016

GERMAINE L.

excellent , will use again when needed.

Description of Work
Very pleasant, fixed 3 chairs in good time, made excellant suggstions as far as protecting the chars

02/11/2015

Janet P.

He was great. He was awesome. It was multiple items and he did it all on lump sum. He was very knowledgeable about work that had to be done and he was able to do things that really saved me some money in how he did some of the refinishing work and things like that so he was really good. He was very honest about what he could and couldn't do and his appraisals of cost were right in line. He's just honest about it.

Description of Work
I used Furniture Services By Rick Wells. I had multiple things done. I had four or five things that he took and fixed.

04/09/2014

Jean L.

Rick did a wonderful job repairing and restoring a Boston rocker that belonged to my grandmother. It had a lot of damage due to the head piece and spindles flying out of the back of our truck and into the busy road behind. Needless to say, Rick manufactured a new head piece and restored the spindles and somehow made it look antique and in better shape than it was. Throughout the whole process he was very responsive and up front about the cost and how much he could do to it. In the end, I am very happy with the final product and would highly recommend Rick for any furniture restoration project.

Description of Work
Repaired a damaged antique Boston Rocker

03/14/2014

JOHN S.

I had a very old rocking chair that needed assembly and repair and a small chair with a broken piece that needed to be reattached. He fixed them both perfectly! A true gentleman and very good at his craft! Thanks again Rick.

Description of Work
Repaired and assembled two chairs

02/17/2014

william H.

This is an "Angie" problem...not a problem with the service provider. Angie sold me $200 worth of furniture repair for $79. When Rick arrived he told me there was nothing he could do to repair my sofa. So where is the value in that? What did I pay $79 for? I would like to see Rick compensated for coming to my house...but I received nothing of value from my Angie purchase. I recommend not buying these "value packages" from Angie in the future.

Description of Work
Rick was great. Angie let me down.

04/22/2013

stuart G.

A finial had become loose on top of our beautiful wood newel post and we recognized it needed to be removed....question was what to do with the resultant ugly hole in the post? Rick arrived and repaired the post and you cannot even tell that there had been a gaping hole...he replicated the grain and color of the wood and it looks better than ever. Also did a super job touching up parts of the wood railing which had some wear. Finally, touched up our cherry kitchen cabinets around the knobs where wear was quite evident. Rick does a great job of matching wood grain and color! Absolutely recommend him and will use him again...and another big plus is how very pleasant he is!

Description of Work
Touched up kitchen cabinets, and filled hole and refinished top of newel post.

03/22/2013

Joan G.

This desk is over a hundred years old and needed one of the legs repairs and some other wood finishings pieces put back on it. We wanted someone who knew antiques and we lucked out. Rick came when he said he would, knew about the period that the desk was built and knew how to repair it. He took care in what he did and did a wonderful job. He explained the construction of our desk and showed quite a bit of knowledge and professional ability. We could not have been more pleased. If you are worried about having work done on a old and sentimental piece of furniture, have no fear in calling Rick. He will truely value your piece and do a great job.

Description of Work
Repair of an antique desk

09/04/2012

Karla O.

Richard Wells was punctual, personal, professional and he said he would come back out if there was anything else he needed to do. He was very nice. He guarantees his work and keeps his word.

Description of Work
Richard Wells came in and fixed several pieces of furniture.

Furniture Services By Rick Wells

Founded 1969 • With Angi since September 2012

15 Plymouth Rd

Bellingham, MA 02019

Furniture refinishing & repair including wood, vinyl, fabric, upholstery, leather & more.

Strippingold finish