Affordable Junk Removal

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2012

163 Mendon St

Bellingham, MA 02019

Affordable Junk Removal is a full service Junk Removal company with services ranging from single item pick up to full house clean-outs. Our “green” approach to removal and disposal allows us to remove and dispose of your items in the most environmentally friendly and cost efficient manner

11/03/2022

Joshua P.

Mike dropped the dumpster off with a smile. Made my kid happy as he was watching it get unloaded off of the truck. I would highly recommend them as they were on time and very easy to deal with!

Description of Work
Needed a dumpster to get rid of construction debris during our ongoing project.

Category garbage collection, dumpster service

02/29/2020

Nicole M.

The company was very nice to deal with. We had a change dates and they accommodated us without any issues. The crew arrived when they said they would and they were very nice and professional. I was unhappy about a couple of things, however. I selected this company because they said they do their best to keep as much as possible out of the landfill. They said they had a store where they resell items. I felt sick to my stomach when I saw the crew tossing things like perfectly usable glass lamps into the back of the truck. I felt like just about everything was destroyed. My other big complaint is that they charge by how much of the truck your stuff fills up. The over-the-phone estimate was that we would need 3/4s of a truck. I was expecting a large moving truck, but the crew showed up with two really small trucks. Our stuff ended up taking up a truck and quarter, so the job was much more expensive than we had anticipated.

Description of Work
We had furniture and other household items we needed to get rid of.

01/19/2020

Jason A.

This was the 3rd time I've used Affordable Junk Removal and they were always on time, professional and quick. Their price is also very competitive and cheaper than other local companies. Would definitely use again and recommend to others

Description of Work
Junk removal incl sleeper sofa

01/13/2019

KAREN L.

Jason was very responsive. He provided a quote very soon after I submitted an inquiry. We initially thought we only needed a few items hauled, but once we started collecting items to be removed we decided to do a real clean-out. I messaged him a couple of days before they were scheduled to come and let him know that we now had a full truck-load. He responded immediately saying that it was no trouble. The guys came on time and quickly moved the items, including some very heavy pieces, into their truck. Jason even gave us an unexpected discount because we had collected everything into one place in the garage and they were able to pull the truck right up to the pile. We were very happy with the service.

Description of Work
Removed full truck load of junk

11/19/2018

Jane K.

Couldn’t have gone better. A large couch, two chairs and an ottoman were removed.

Description of Work
Furniture removal

04/29/2018

Martin H.

I couldn't ask for a job to be done better. The two guys from Affordable Junk Removal were prompt, very nice and helpful. They worked fast and did everything I asked them to do and more. I gave their business card out to a friend the same day. We will definitely use this company again. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Trash removal for a move from a townhouse

03/24/2018

Michael B.

We had a great experience with Affordable Junk Removal. Very easy to schedule the drop off and pick up of the dumpster. They dropped it off right on time. All of the charges were explained very clearly, no surprises on the bill. We would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Dumpster rental

Category dumpster service

11/27/2017

Gay W C.

They gave a great quote, but then I did not use them as my landscaper was able to take care of the problem.

Description of Work
haul away an outdoor air conditioner unit

09/20/2017

Lawrence B R.

Excellent - used their "driveway service" - the guys were courteous and extremely quick in getting the job done - couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Junk removal

06/21/2017

Jaye R.

Guys made time for me when they had a cancellation which worked out better for my schedule. Showed up on time, worked fast, and got it done. Exactly what I needed.

Description of Work
Haul away some construction debris left behind a shed, garbage from a garage, 2 box springs, and other misc. stuff.

06/07/2017

Barbara D.

Excellent. They were on time, quick, professional, friendly, helpful and the pricing was as promised.

Description of Work
Removed junk

03/20/2017

Barbara D.

It went great. Although they arrived late, they kept me advised the entire time. They were very neat and efficient. They completely followed my instructions. I had underestimated the amount of junk and we need to schedule another pick up. That was also very smooth and they gave me a small credit. I have subsequently used them for a second job.

Description of Work
I had junk to be removed on 4 levels of my home, as well as my garage. Items included heavy shop equipment, a stand alone basketball hoop, a ping pong table, metal office furniture, etc.

12/11/2016

Tim H.

Jason contacted me and was very distressed that I gave a very poor review for the work they performed on 11/15. Jason was very professional, stressing that customer satisfaction was a priority. We discussed what had occurred. Jason indicated that he was sorry that there had been a miscommunication and that he would refund the difference between 1/4 and a 1/2 load. I appreciated his offer and his professionalism. He even indicated that as a result of our exchange he had reviewed the situation with his pick-up teams. HIs efforts were appreciated. I even asked him to pick a washer/dryer that the buyer of the condo didn't want. Everything went fine.

Description of Work
This work for additional junk to be removed from a condo I was selling.

11/15/2016

Tim H.

When I talked to Jason he was very professional and responsive. When the team showed up this morning, 11/15, the price went from $175 for up to a quarter of a load to $250 for a half load. Their reason was that they only charge by 1/4, 1/2 and full load and if you exceed a 1/4 it jumps to 1/2. There was no way it was even a quarter load. I've used other junk removal firms and chose to use Affordable Junk Removal based on a recommendation. Wont do it again.

Description of Work
I am selling a condo and needed some left over junk (i.e., a sofa chair, old clothing, odds and ends, etc.) hauled away.

Category hauling services

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry you had a bad experience, please give me a call and the opportunity to make it right. Jason 774-287-1133 customer satisfaction is alway our #1 priority. I look forward to hearing from you.

04/20/2016

Patricia G.

The crew arrived right on time. They were very friendly and professional. Would definitely have the come again if needed.

Description of Work
They removed some junk that was piled up behind shed, an old door in shed, and a large item in basement.

03/21/2016

Jean K.

The crew was ahead of schedule and called to ask if I wanted them earlier. I could not be there and they happily waited and said they just wanted to give me the option. They were professional, friendly and worked in a timely manner. They were careful removing items from my home so as not to bump into walls, etc. even went back to make sure nothing dropped. I have used them before and recommended them to friends who also had a positive experience.

Description of Work
Removed metal garage shelving, tool bench, old furniture, small fridge, computer and monitor and assorted household stuff.

11/11/2015

Stephen M.

Two young fella's showed up right on time and started moving stuff right away. Piano was extremely heavy and took most of the time. Workers took it slow so as not to damage anything as they moved if from the living room out to the foyer and thru the front door. They put down floor mats to protect the flooring. Extremely professional, would use them again and highly recommend their services.

Description of Work
Removed junk from the driveway and one heavy upright piano from the house

08/24/2015

Joseph T.

The Affordable Junk Removal crew was extremely professional and helpful. They hauled out an old water heater and other large things from my basement. I had reserved a truck, but they ended up charging less because they said that alot of the things were pretty light. A good experience all around.

Description of Work
Affordable Junk Removal helped clean out my house.

12/05/2014

Luis C.

I am a repeat customer. I used Affordable Junk Removal last year. In that review I said I would 100% use them again. Guess what, I just did!! I liked them so much the first time, because they are just simply the BEST! My advice to you, check out their website "http://www.takeawayjunk.com" before you call. Unlike other sites where they ask so many questions and need to have someone to come out to give you an estimate first, Affordable Removal is easy to follow and very comprehensive. No hidden fees and no surprises. Talking to Jason was easy and simple. No hassles, easy to schedule and gave me a very reasonable and competitive price. Trust me, I looked around many places and for the type of service they provide, you just cannot compare. The best part of it is that I didn't have to wait a week for them to show up. I was offered many options within the same week of calling. Unlike some other places where they give you a 4 hour window for them to show up, I was told an exact start time and exact time of completion. The day of the service, they called ahead to tell me if they were going to be early, on time or running a bit late. To my pleasant surprise they were ahead of schedule and could show up earlier. That made my day, because now I had more time to do other things. Both gentlemen who showed up were super friendly and professional. Let me tell you, this type of job is hard work. You can imagine, picking up heavy junk all day from place to place may not sound like a pleasant job to some people, but they had big smiles on their faces. They were happy and did their job efficiently. Not a single complaint. I had A LOT of stuff that filled up the truck. You name it, from exercise equipment, desks, to miscellaneous things. They finished the whole thing in about half an hour. That's amazing. Like I said, efficient!! They made sure everything was clean afterwards and made sure I was happy with the job as customer satisfaction is their number one priority. I am an extremely satisfied repeat customer of Affordable Junk Removal. They are the BEST at what they do. I will use them again in the future and will continue to refer them to my family and friends. THANKS AGAIN Affordable Junk Removal!!!

Description of Work
Removed junk from garage.

10/21/2014

Shelley S.

Two gents came on time. Did a good job to remove some of junks (and some goodies) from basement. Would like them to remove more, but they said the coupon covered only some much, so I had some junks in the basement.

Description of Work
Removal junks from Basement

09/19/2014

James D.

He was great! The price was fair. We were shocked on how much he took for the price. He was very accommodating.

Description of Work
When we moved out of our house, he took a lot of the things that we did no longer needed.

Category garbage collection

08/29/2014

Susanna V.

The Team from Affordable was great from the moment I contacted them. Jason was very responsive when scheduling the pick-up and even called me 45 minutes before the appointment to tell me they were going to be a few minutes late. They still showed up on time but I appreciated the heads up. The guys were very polite and professional and did a great job in hauling away the old hot tub. It was a tough job and they were very careful in trying not to damage the lawn or fence during the removal. I can't say enough good things about them and I would definitely use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
Hauled away old hot tub

05/15/2014

Jane C.

My experience with Affordable Junk Removal was great. They were easy to deal with and punctual. They were very careful removing things and were fast. I've used them twice so far.

Description of Work
They removed some junk off my property.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

04/16/2014

Jeremy C.

Prompt, professional, and fast. Someone called to confirm the junking crew's arrival time about 45 minutes prior. When they showed up I pointed out what needed removal and they went about their merry way. As a bonus they were careful about removing items that looked like they shouldn't be junk. I had accidentally left some tools and packing tape near the junk pile and they made sure to check with me before throwing it away. They even offered to remove my weekly trash which was a bonus because I was junking an old trash bin. 15 minutes later the job was done. The crew went over the price with me before removing any items. A single truck load is $250 dollars, they said if I didn't fill the truck we could discuss a reduced cost. In the end I filled up the entire truck so I paid the full price. Thankfully, unlike with past junking services, AffordableJunkRemoval did not try to spread my junk around to fill their 2 trucks. They packed everything tightly in to the first truck.

Description of Work
Removed junk, trash, and debris. Example items include bookshelves, old printers, a charcoal grill, piping, old bricks, shingles, nails, and metal shelves.

04/12/2014

Abe I.

I only spoke to the provider once, and told would call back to confirm, have never heard back even after Angie's List intervened

Category garbage collection

Hi (removed member name), I again wanted to apologize for the confusion. Angie's List mistakenly sold you a Big Deal even though you are outside our service area. I did contact you and Angie's List immediately and was able to finally confirm that Angie's List refunded your money. Unfortunately this situation was out of our hands as we were unaware that Angie's List had sold you this deal when you live in an area we do not service. I hope you were able to find a local provider to get rid of your junk.