CertaPro Painters of Cape Cod

Founded 1992 • With Angi since March 2011

At CertaPro Painters of Cape Cod, we are committed to providing the highest quality, most professional painting service on the Cape and Islands. Whether we’re painting a large historic home or just the trim on a beach cottage, painting a commercial warehouse or staining a small deck, we are dedicated to the process of certainty – of a job well done. Whether your needs are big or small, CertaPro Painters of Cape Cod will provide you with a top-notch house painting result and a superior customer experience you’ll be thrilled with. We are local - and national. CertaPro Painters is the nation's leading paint contracting company - and the most referred. CertaPro Painters of Cape Cod is right here in Barnstable, in the middle of Mid-Cape - ready to serve your house painting needs with skill, professionalism and personal attention. Joe and Kathy Hicinbothem are the owners of CertaPro of Cape Cod. We are delighted to be a part of the Cape community and proud to be a part of CertaPro Painters. Additional DBAs - CertaPro Painters Ltd, CertaPro of Eastern Cape Cod LLC. Additional phone - (800) 689-7271. Additional address - PO Box 1193. Additional email - jhicinbothem@certapro.com....

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Exterior Wood

+2 more images

interior painting (20)house painting (15)pressure washing (4)general contractors (4)woodworking (2)deck cleaning (1)drywall (1)

07/06/2022

Denise R.

Great job. Terrific crew, prompt, professional and cleaned job site thoroughly daily. Would definitely recommend and hire again!

Description of Work
Whole house painting

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 07/06/2022

06/29/2022

Paul A.

From Rich who did the estimate to Cesar and his crew who did the work to Kathy in the office this was a wonderful experience. They were professional, responsive and did quality work. They communicated with us throughout the process and finished the job on time and for the price they quoted. 1000% would hire them again and recommend them for any painting job!

Description of Work
Painting of full exterior and some repairs

Category contractors, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 06/29/2022

Review for CertaPro Painters of Cape Cod - 3180 Main St, Barnstable, MA - 39782192

05/11/2022

Joe C.

Perfect job, I needed the job done quickly and certa pro had a crew ready to start and it was all done in a week, The outside of the house was a real mess (peeling everywhere) and they scraped it down and sanded it virtually bare and then painted, very thorough and great quality work.

Description of Work
Whole house exterior painted

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

03/20/2020

Jon E.

They came out for the estimate Monday and they provided the quote on Tuesday.

Description of Work
Front of house only and all trim. Need to replace some trim also.

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

11/03/2017

Anita L.

Very well; extremely pleased with service provided.

Description of Work
Staining of entire house, shingles & clapboard

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

05/07/2017

Harry S.

We had a great experience using Certapro Painters of Cape Cod. The owners, Joe and Kathy Hicinbothem, are the best painting professionals we have encountered. They are exceptionally knowledgeable about paint products and applications. Their pricing and warranty are very competitive. They kept in close touch with us throughout the entire process, did not rush through any step and as a result we have a beautiful house. We recommend them highly and without reservation.

Description of Work
Painting of exterior of large house

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

04/27/2017

michael D.

Very professional, good but way to expensive.

Description of Work
They came and gave me a estimate for painting.

01/16/2017

Martha G.

They were extremely prompt, courteous and professional. Quality work and very clean. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Painting two exterior sides of house and minor trim repairs.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/15/2016

12/12/2016

steven K.

Not as good as it could have been. They do not schedule very well at all. It was supposed to be a 3 man crew and got I just 2 men which caused the job to get stretched from 4 days to 7 days- they painted till 8 PM on 3 of the days days had to continue on the weekend. My house was in total disarray with furniture everywhere and my wife and I work out of our home. We had moved all the furniture in advance to make the job go faster. Part of the job was to do 2 coats of paint for the ceiling- The 2 man crew divided up- one did the ceiling and the other the detail work. I noticed the painter was only doing 1 coat on the ceiling. I had to ask him to do a second coat- however, I was not always home to watch him paint every room (over 1,600 square feet). When I did catch him doing just one coat I insisted he do a second coat. - I was so irritated that I insisted their sales person come to view their work—he said it appeared they did 2 coats though I showed areas where it was clearly painted with only coat. Their clean up could have been much better and they had to come back to do additional cleaning. I am still finding dried drips of paint on the floor and on drapes. The owners told me I had their best crew and once I saw the they were relying on the integrity of the crew I knew it was not worth continuing to demand more painting. I gave them average scores. The reason I am now writing this review - the painters used some type of tape to tack down their drop cloths and ending up pulling the finish off my floor in a specific area. I did not catch this till much later and I did not demand they fix it- However, I have asked Certa Pro if they can find out what type of tape they used that would pull the finish off. They have not responded to my call or email.

Description of Work
CertaPro of Cape Cod painted my entire interior first floor and second floor hallway, foyer and stairway -ceiling and walls.

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

09/02/2016

Harold G.

It was all we anticipated and more. The crew we had made sure that what we wanted was done. They not only did that, but they painted our spice shelf, swept the carpet and cleaned our really dirty ceiling fan. They left my home cleaner than when they arrived. We are very pleased and can't wait to work with them in the future!

Description of Work
Painted the interior of our living room, kitchen, hall and staircase.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

07/22/2016

Lynn R.

Description of Work
Service was excellent and there was constant communication. We were never left wondering when or if they would be on the job. Their work is excellent and they clean up after themselves. I would highly recommend them.

05/13/2016

Gary L.

Description of Work
Very happy

12/15/2015

Jean O.

Description of Work
Completely paint a family room with a cathedral ceiling. Make some repairs on the ceiling seams. Paint the ceiling in the breakfast area

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/14/2015

09/30/2015

James L.

The estimate was very detailed and I was given a printed copy on the spot. The estimate was exactly what I wound up paying. A team of 3 guys showed up at 0800 and finished by late afternoon. Did a great job. Very helpful in fixing wood rot that would have required extension repairs..they gave me an on-the-spot option (more of a temp fix), but still it turned out very good and will likely last me a while. Very personable crew. They also power washed one side of the house that was particularly dirty. From start to finish, a very professional act that was $500-$1000 less expensive than my next two closest estimates. I will no doubt be using them again.

Description of Work
Exterior trim paint, light carpentry on rotted wood.

Category contractors, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/28/2015

07/15/2015

Robert K.

We were in a bit of a rush to get this job completed prior to arrival of house guests, and the company we had used previously was too slow to respond. CertaPro was very prompt in getting us an estimate. There was a slightly longer delay in actually getting the job scheduled, but within a couple of weeks the crew arrived and got the job done quickly and professionally. Would use them again.

Description of Work
painted ceiling and 1 wall, also washed exterior of house and touched up exterior trim

Category pressure washing, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/14/2015

07/09/2015

Robert G.

Description of Work
Painting of house exterior shingles was done well. Cleanup of shingle flakes after power wash was not done. They failed to put tarps down to collect the flakes. Had to cleanup most of the flakes ourselves.

Work Completed On 05/26/2015

06/10/2015

Robert L.

Went well. Very neat and clean. House looks so much better.

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of our house

Work Completed On 05/31/2015

04/08/2015

Pamela M.

They were just GREAT from the initial contact and estimate, to working around our schedule ...moving, etc...painters worked through the weekend to complete the job...in 3 days... Neat, clean...cleaned up every day ... polite, accommodating, just the BEST workers and painting job EVER !!!! Will use them AGAIN, for sure!!!

Description of Work
Painted my entire home the day after we took closed...approximately 3000 sq ft.......

Work Completed On 04/02/2015

04/02/2015

Frank M.

Description of Work
Cleaned and painted my home, |Had to keep on top of the painters. |It may have gone differently if we were not home. |

Work Completed On 11/01/2014

11/17/2014

Theresa M.

MY experience is in two chapters. The first started pleasantly and then the plot thickened. The first crew were very polite and conducted themselves in a mannerly way. After the initial week went by things started to fall apart. Their workmanship was not up to my standards and as this chapter ends the owner of the company agreed with me. Much of the woodwork had to be redone and another crew came in angot that done. Mainly there was some damage to my home and lots a shoddy work and paint on door knobs, furniture and floors. the second chapter came out with a long waited happy ending. The owner again came out and sent an entirely new crew to repair and fix as much as could be done. I must say this last crew were wonderful- professional, clean workers and very proficient. The damage will continue to be fixed and as an courtesy they have painted the master bedroom. I am very happy. will use the company again especially knowing that the owner is responsible and that original crew is no longer contracted by Certapro Painters.

Description of Work
Interior paint, drywall repair and woodwork refinishing

Work Completed On 08/28/2014

We know we are capable of doing superior quality work with great customer service as witnessed by other Angie's List reviews and our own internal monitoring.... that said we also are capable of ';missing the mark' from time to time. We hate it but know it can happen. In this case it did. No question. But (removed member's name) was understanding, patient and great to work with and we did our best to salvage a truly unfortunate experience. We agree with her rating of this particular job and will strive to deliver our usual superior level of painting and customer service on her next project.

06/27/2014

Margaret K.

He said that he would have to charge us extra because of the lead, especially on the exterior. He was not lead certified and he did not want to loose his license. He never came back and provided that quote.

Description of Work
provided quote

Work Completed On 05/27/2014

03/08/2014

Janet B.

I was at work when most of the work was done and was pleasantly surprised when returning home. Very pleased with job. The man in charge was knowledgeable and did a great job. My deck went from "horrible" to almost new looking. I love sitting on my deck now.

Description of Work
Deck and fence power washed to remove dirt and mildew (it was really bad). Semi transparent stain applied to deck sides and railing.

Category deck cleaning

Work Completed On 04/04/2013

11/11/2013

Georganna R.

The Higginbottoms (sp) did the assessment themselves. They sent their work force on time and they did a professional job. I would use them again.

Description of Work
We had 18 windows replaced. They sealed and painted all trim.