Smart Coats

Founded 2001 • With Angi since June 2006

73 Lexington St

AUBURNDALE, MA 02466

20 employees. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Free Estimates...

10/21/2019

Carol S.

Overall the work went smoothly. I was not present to supervise and closet construction was different than I'd originally described to them, but it looks good. Given the tight timeline, they did a great job.

Description of Work
After years of wear-and-tear by tenants, I needed quick refresh of a two-floor, 4 BR apartment. Smart Coasts painted the entire unit and installed new carpets. They also refinished one bedroom entirely, relocating the closet and repairing the ceiling. They also replaced a ceiling fan and did a few other odd projects.

Category contractors,flooring contractor,interior painters

11/07/2017

JANICE N.

very well I have an older home (built in the 1940's) that is a combination of wood and stucco. They did a good job preparing the house for painting and replacing rotted wood where needed. The stucco had cracked and peeled and was difficult to repair. They did an excellent job to make it look nice by peeling, sanding and covering the damaged stucco with cement before painting so it appears smooth. I am very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
exterior painting, stucco repair and carpentry where needed to replace rotted wood

05/08/2014

Gina L.

The paint job came out very nice. They matched the colors we requested. The staff was professional and on time. Our walls were not in the best of shape, after taking off a sign on the wall and they were able to sand it down. They even assisted us taking down a company sign. They sand that down and plugged up the holes. They were very quick, only took less than a day and a few more hours the next day to get another coat on the walls. Edward was very professional in getting us the initial quote. He was very responsive when we had questions and was quick to turn around all requested materials. We would use their services again when planning out future projects in our office.

Description of Work
Smart Coats helped Quaero (company) transform the lobby. They helped us take down our old sign as we prepared to put up a new sign. They covered all the holes, sand down the walls and patched up any areas that needed some extra work. The personnel was very professional and quick. The walls look flawless, they provided us a final inspection to ensure everything was complete to our satisfaction. Edward provided us a quote and turned around the paperwork in a timely fashion. We would definitely work with them again when getting more work done for our office space.

MALCOLM E.

They did a fine job. When I work with a contractor like this one. I want the job done right with no mistakes, hassle, and done at a fair price. They were on time. I felt like they did a great job.

Description of Work
This is for exterior painting.

William J.

We had work done from them twice. The first visit was very good. The second visit however the paint started chipping after 6 months. I wanted them to come back out but they did not take blame as they said they removed as much paint as they could beforehand. I was not unhappy with the quality of the work but I felt like they should have came back out to fix the issue.

Description of Work
For the first visit they did interior plastering and painting for three apartments. The second visit was for exterior painting.

Category plastering,house painters,interior painters

KEITH H.

It went extremely well. It went smoothly as he was reliable and he was always around. They fixed masonry work as well. I was very impressed with the work. They patched shingle work. They were able to do a few different types of work which was nice to use the same company.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of our home.

Category masonry,roofing,house painters

05/23/2012

Kevin S.

I was working with the owner who was very responsive. They did exactly what they said they would. They showed up on time and finished when they said they would. Overall it was a great experience.

Description of Work
They did exterior painting on my home.

05/23/2012

Katherine K.

They were very professional and did a great job. We contracted with them to paint our home and they subcontracted for the gutters to be done. The gutters have not been the greatest but the paint job has held up fine. The work was a little on the high side but they did use quality paint.

Description of Work
This was for exterior painting and gutter work.

Category gutter repair,house painters

12/01/2011

Juli S.

Very responsive in providing an estimate. Price was higher than other estimates but the quality of work made it worthwhile. Repaired trim around house. Painted exterior trim and recommended a high quality long duration paint. Very responsive to completing punch list in a timely manner. Overall did a great job. Responsive, professional, and quality work.

Description of Work
Hired to repair and paint exterior house trim.

08/27/2010

Meighan R.

I contacted three painting companies to provide estimates for painting the exterior of my house. One firm did not reply for 2 weeks then canceled the three appointments we had set up (with one cancellation coming in a half an hour before the meeting time) and the other firm showed up, looked around and gave me a number. Edward Sarkisyan of Smart Coats showed up on time with a complete package of materials about the company and the service to discuss and leave with me. His estimate arrived on time as promised. He followed up with me to see if I had any questions about the estimate. He was very responsive to the many questions I had about timelines and process- and as a new homeowner, I had a lot of questions. My home is very close to both neighbors on either side. It was a requirement that I have clear accurate information about schedules so I could keep my neighbors informed as part of the work meant Ed's team had to be on their property. At the request of my neighbor, Smart Coats was able to accommodate my neighbor's children's nap schedules by adjusting their work plan to be on the opposite side of the house from them during the morning. Let me repeat: Smart Coats accommodated naptimes- that alone demonstrates high touch customer care and the quality of the team. In fact, my neighbor was impressed with how friendly the team was (and how good the house looked!) and asked me for their contact information for an upcoming project. There was a rain delay in the middle of my project and Ed proactively phoned me to keep me up to date on changes in the schedule. And how was the actual work? Beautiful. The wood repairs are thorough and well done. The paint work is crisp & fresh looking. I had some second thoughts about the color of the shutters and Ed very patiently worked with me to make sure I was pleased. The area around my house was left clean and tidy. Bottom line: Smart Coats delivered exactly what they said they would, when they said they would at the quality they said they would. The cost may be a little bit of a premium to other firms but the quality of both the service and the work make it well worth the price. The hardest part about working with Smart Coats was picking the paint color. I highly recommend Smart Coats and plan to work with them again for the interior of my home.

Description of Work
Smart Coats prepped and painted the exterior of my home. The crew replaced cracked clapboards, replaced/covered rusting nails, filled any holes/cracks in the wood. They also replaced some of the older wood around the gutters.

Category siding,house painters

ProBuilt LLC.

ProBuilt - Construction you can count on.

MasonWorks LLC

MasonWorks specializes in design and construction of all types of stone and brick patios, walls and walkways, steps, decks and porches, outdoor kitchens and water falls, garden and retaining walls. From the first consultation to the final touches of each job, you will be in excellent hands. With more than three decades of experience, MasonWorks will assist you in every stage of the project, from materials choice to furniture selection. Your dream of owning an elegant and relaxing backyard retreat can become a reality. Family owned. Additional contact name - Jeff Souza. Additional e-mail - jeff@masonworks.me. Angie's List Award winning since 2009. Additional area served- Boston Metro, North sure and West

Offers by MasonWorks LLC on Angi
    American Made Masonry LLC

American Made Masonry LLC is a full service masonry company servicing greater Boston and beyond. We are fully licensed and insured and we provide free estimates and follow-up service. We specialize in all types and stages of masonry construction, including stairs, walkways, chimneys, patios, fireplaces, walls, driveways, paving stones, all types of concrete work, and more. We also do all types of general masonry repairs, including repointing, chimney extensions, and waterproofing. Direct contact email americanmademasonry@yahoo.com. Award wining.

Offers by American Made Masonry LLC on Angi

Residential & Commercial exterior and interior painting, carpentry, deck care, special coatings