Bartlett Tree Experts

Founded 1907 • With Angi since October 2001

32 Nickerson Rd

Ashland, MA 01721

Additional Contact - Matt Shields. Additional DBA - Cedar lawn Tree Service Inc....

08/01/2018

Joice R.

Very professional, the person who came out made me feel confident in their expertise. I would like to compliment their proposal process, I listed 7 things I wanted addressed, they drew up a proposal with the things I needed done and a cost for each. They made sure to confirm which services I actually wanted done before they started. I was very satisfied.

Description of Work
Various yard and tree services

07/06/2017

John H.

There was 2 people. One in the tree and one to clean up the branches as they came down.

Description of Work
They took down 3 trees in the backyard.

09/18/2016

Steven S.

Great! Honest! Didn't charge since they thought there wasn't anything they could do.

Description of Work
Checked a tree that was sick

08/14/2016

Julie A.

Really well. I met with Ben, the arborist/estimator, who was able to give me an estimate right during our meeting. He recommended pruning plus cabling (plus a couple of services that I decided not to get). A couple of weeks later, a crew came out to the house and did the work. It only took a couple of hours and they did a good job. The cabling is barely noticeable unless you know it is there, and the tree looks so much nicer and healthier now, plus there aren't any dangerous limbs threatening our house.

Description of Work
Tree pruning

03/04/2015

Stephen M.

Great, as always. They saved my home from further damage. Professional and thorough.

Description of Work
Ice dam remediation

02/28/2015

Arvind A.

Bartletts arborists did a pretty good job in a timely manner. They even came back to deal with a part of a pine tree that I wasn't initially too satisfied with. They don't take a payment until the customer is satisfied (you sign an agreement before the work is started). Their quotes were also quite reasonable, and they worked with me on the budget I can work with - rather than do a whole bunch to get a bigger discount (and a larger bill). I'd definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Trim 3 different trees - along with a really tall one in the back that needed much trimming without killing it.

11/14/2014

BRUCE F.

Arrived on time. Completed work quickly. Followed up to see if everything was satisfactory.

Description of Work
Large tree removal. Cable stabilization of a second tree.

09/28/2014

Eric M.

It didn't go we'll. it's quite obvious they sprayed the front of the tree and not the back. They have said they'll come out and take a look. They have not done so and it would seem they don't intend to. Totally unprofessional and service was not provided as contracted.

Description of Work
Sprayed a horse chestnut for a fungal disease

08/06/2014

Mark H.

They were here when the said they would be. They were professional and the spraying killed the pests, saving my trees. What else can I say?

Description of Work
Pesticide application on trees.

07/24/2014

Betty L.

The company was responsive to the emergency, gracious, professional and skilled. Jim, in particular is an outstanding person to have work on one's house. Frank was also accommodating, friendly, helpful, and responsive.

Description of Work
Removed tree that had fallen on garage and later came back and removed the tree debris.

06/25/2014

Susan P.

Arrived on time two guys, worker hard and fast

Description of Work
Airspade all the trees on my property

06/18/2014

katie M.

Communication was great. Very efficient and thorough. Very professional. Removed all cutting from my property.

Description of Work
Trimmed and removed some trees

04/16/2014

Carol G.

I have used them for a long time; they are very efficient and on time. I sign a contract for fertilization and other various tasks. They usually have a arborist who comes out and assess your trees and gives you an evalution and estimates.

Description of Work
They have been spraying and fertilizing trees and they have trimmed trees and put cables in.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, tree service

08/22/2013

Shelby M.

Our experience with Cedarlawn was very positive from start to finish. Tim worked with me from start to finish including a detailed property walk through and assessment, the quote process and with follow-up questions. He was, in essence, our personal account manager. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable and great listener. It was a low-key, yet very professional discussion regarding the health of our trees and shrubs and what to do to preserve them. Cedarlawn was very helpful and accommodating in working with us on our timeline, which required them to come to our house on two different occasions in order to coordinate with separate construction and landscaping projects. In both instances the crew was professional, neat and timely (with respect to their arrival). Following the initial pruning of a large maple Tim's crew recommended cabling. The cabling quote was $250, which we thought was reasonable. It was done quickly and while we were not at home - I say this because they were so good and neat in their work that we didn't even know they had come and gone! I did follow-up with Tim regarding the trimming of a dogwood. I felt that it needed additional pruning. The next day Tim was onsite. He assessed my concern and took care of the residual trimming himself. Overall I would strongly recommend Cedarlawn for tree service. I have since talked with Tim regarding having Cedarlawn back for ongoing maintenance work and treatment of our landscaping.

Description of Work
Pruned several trees - dogwood, plum, maples, birch. Extensive pruning on a large silver maple. Restorative treatment for a birch tree

08/05/2013

Anne P.

They have been able to communicate with me long distance, since I have them work on my mother's home. They are very responsive, and do what they say they will do.

Description of Work
We used them to clean up dropped branches from a storm.

04/02/2013

Janet S.

I have been using them for years for landscaping and tree service. They are wonderful. They recently did a clean up from the damage from Sandy and removed branches and trees. They are excellent.

Description of Work
They came out and sprayed some of our large pine trees for protection.

Category landscaping, tree service

06/14/2012

Doug N.

Communication was great, price was competitive with others, and did overall a good job.

Description of Work
Stump grinding for 2 large stump/root systems.

12/02/2011

ROBERT F.

They did an excellent job. They are prompt. They are very knowledgeable. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
I used CEDAR LAWN TREE SERVICE INC to trim and haul away trees.

Category tree service

Member, Thank you for the great report, glad to hear you were pleased with the work!

03/16/2011

Leila M.

Cedar Lawn is expensive, but they are well worth it. They always have a master arborist on site. Cedar Lawn is very good. The price is based on what services they provide. They will be coming out soon to complete an additional fertilizer for trees in our driveway that needs extra nourishment. That service will be $341. Cedar Lawn comes out when they say they will and completes the job. When they originally came out for an estimate, they took a long time to go over every tree and shrub we had and the best placement for things. They went in depth about beetle issues. He spent about an extra hour or more telling us about our trees. I can't highly recommend them enough. They really know what they are doing and are worth the price.

Description of Work
Cedar Lawn Tree Service provides yearly service for us. They cut down some extra trees for us at their last visit.

Category lawn treatment, tree service

12/09/2010

Robert W.

A neighbor was having sewer problems and based on attempts to correct it, speculated that the root system from a tree on my property was the culprit. Due to the terrain and proximity of the tree, he suggested that the solution was to remove the tree. I contacted Mike at Cedar Lawn and he came out promptly to take a look. Mike spent a good deal of time looking and discussing his thoughts. He said that he had a couple of ideas and would call back. In a few days day I got a call that Mike had learned that in all likelihood the original clay sewer line was still in place and was broken. He doubted that the tree roots were the cause of the sewer blockage. I talked it over with my neighbor and he had a man dig test holes leading away from his house. Bingo. Not only were the old clay pipes broken, but he discovered they also exited his house in a different location. PVC pipes were installed and thanks to Mike of Cedar Lawn our tree continues to provide beauty and shade.

Description of Work
Advice about tree removal.

05/12/2010

Janet S.

They're very fine. I've been using them for 25 years and they do what they say they will.

Description of Work
They were here to do some spraying.

03/16/2010

George K.

I decided to have work done on my trees after a large limb fell during a storm. I was concerned about safety, and also the health of the trees, which I want to maintain. I was worried about some dead branches hanging over my roof and not pleased with the look of the crabapple. A friend recommended Cedar Lawn. The president of the company, came by to look at my trees, discuss options, and give me an estimate. He was very friendly and really knowledgeable. I had a lot of questions and concerns and he was very patient answering them. All the people from Cedar Lawn that I had contact with were very helpful. The workers who came to trim the trees were friendly and efficient. They did a good job and finished in the amount of time that I had been told to expect. I like the way my trees look and feel safer with all the dead branches removed. The bill was identical to the estimate. No surprises there. I don't know what current prices are generally for such work - professional tree service is not cheap -, but I feel satisfied that what I paid was a fair price for the amount and quality of the work they did.

Description of Work
They crown cleaned a large sycamore tree, raised its canopy, removed some dead branches from it, and installed a support cable to hold the double trunk together, and also crown cleaned three smaller trees, and made some corrective cuts in one of them.

07/11/2008

KAthy N.

It's been a while since we have attended to the trees and shrubs on our property. Mike has proposed a phased plan which will be manageable financially and bring our trees back into better shape. Mike explained the reasoning behind each recommendation and has a vision for each plant he has worked on. I think the results to date are good, but expect when the whole plan is implemented we will be very pleased to have Mike caring for our large trees for a long time.

Description of Work
Pruning of ornamental crab trees, and some sugar maple. Spraying for winter moth. Spraying for lace bug and dormant oil spray.

10/31/2007

HOWARD B.

I called several tree service companies. Some called back. Some didn't. One made an appointment, and never showed up. Several gave unfounded advice and inflated prices. Mike Colman at Cedar Lawn showed up on time. He is a certified arborist. He made excellent suggestions at a fair price. The crew showed up, also on time and did terrific work. They cleaned up the area better than how they found it. We are so pleased that we selected them to do our tree work.

Description of Work
Cedar Lawn pruned several large spruce trees that had contracted a fungus. They also pruned and shaped five apple trees, a scotch pine and a large birch tree. In addition, Cedar Lawn fertilized the trees.

10/18/2007

MARLENE W.

Will Malley is the name of the person I deal with there. He is very good at what he does. I have gone against his advice. I do think they are a little pricey, but I do have to pay for the insurance with the tree work in case there is any damage done while they are working, so I guess the price is okay.

Description of Work
I meet with Will Malley once a year and decide what is going to be done. They trimmed back four trees in my front yard and bushes as well. They also spray my trees.