Patrick Hourican Plastering

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2005

Family operated for over 30 years. At Patrick Hourican Plastering, we have a clear and concise company mission statement: Deliver quality work, on time with a service-oriented attitude. We have been living out our mission statement in the Boston area since 1986....

A Service Provider's profile image

+51 more images

plastering (168)drywall (49)water damage restoration (7)home remodeling (3)interior painting (2)roofing (2)

02/27/2021

Eve C.

Patrick's guys did a great job, they showed up on time (even early), worked very hard repairing three separate ceiling areas on two floor levels using drywall and plaster, and the cleanup was spotless. Everything looked great. Thanks Patrick! Eve & Tim

Description of Work
Ceiling Drywall & Plaster Repairs

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

Review for Patrick Hourican Plastering - 11 Bailey Rd, Arlington, MA - 39218418

02/22/2021

Ellen F.

Patrick's team did a great job with our plastering repair. They were on time, courteous, professional, and neat. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Plastering

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

12/07/2020

Elizabeth H.

We hired Patrick for hanging board and veneer plastering an attic office. Patrick got back to use within 2 days of inquiry and gave us a 10 day timeline for the work. His guys showed up right on time both days. They were very efficient and turned the room around in two days. They were exceptionally tidy and left no trace they were there. They even fixed our front storm door which they thought they had broken while moving boards, which they hadn't. Even though we told them it wasn't their fault, they fixed the door hinge back to good working order. The room they finished is an eaves space with lots of angles and slopes and they did a fantastic job. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Hanging board and veneer plaster

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

08/19/2020

Gladys E.

He brushed me off on the project and made me feel like my project was too small for him.

Description of Work
Plaster - Install

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

09/12/2019

Frank A.

After a previous renovation effort, a significant crack had formed in our living room ceiling. When asking another contractor at the time, they quoted the fix to be a multi-day effort, making it sound like a huge hassle. After probably waiting a bit too long, the crack(s) had spread, and now really needed to be fixed. I called Patrick in the AM, describing my situation, and what I needed done. He was flexible enough to come out 30 minutes later to give me a quote. Patrick identified the cracked/dipping ceiling as a safety concern, and said he'd try to fit it in ASAP. To my surprise, ASAP turned out to be later that afternoon! Patrick had his crew at my house 4 hours later after they wrapped up another job, completed the entire job in the 3 hours that Patrick quoted me, and left the place spotless. I've dealt with a lot of contractors recently, and can say without question that Patrick's crew was the most capable and consider that I've dealt with. The crew not only covered everything with paper and or plastic for protection, but swept and then mopped before heading out. On top of everything, Patrick is extremely pleasant himself, which makes the whole process that much better. In the end I couldn't have hoped for anything better, and will without question call again if I need work done in the future!

Description of Work
Fix/replace cracked/sagging ceiling

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

Thank you for your nice report. Our goal is to make the customer happy. Have a nice weekend.

08/20/2019

Kathleen M.

Patrick and his crew were amazing. They were extremely careful to cover not only our floors and furniture but the outside hallway floors and our porch where they had their tools. The end product is beautiful. I was extremely satisfied with their work. They were quick to get back to me with an estimate, were able to start the job soon after the estimate, they did a terrific job and an amazing clean up after they were done. I would highly recommend Patrick again.

Description of Work
We had a new bathroom ceiling and a new bedroom ceiling installed as well as a number of walls patched around our house.

Work Completed On 08/10/2019

04/21/2019

SAM J.

What a pleasure working with Patrick! We had Patrick over for a walk-thru for our 1891 home that desperately needed fresh plastering and immediately knew he was the man for the job. Patrick was quick to provide a proposal, kept us abreast on when he could start, and then arrived 15 minutes the day of the work. His crew members were friendly, respectful and very clean with their work. The finish of the walls is impeccable and the quality of the work is AMAZING. We’ll definitely hire him for our next project!

Description of Work
Kitchen plastering

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

02/25/2019

Richard B.

This was a small job, but he Patrick's crew did an excellent job. I've used him twice before. and would use him again.

Description of Work
Patching & plastering a kitchen ceiling.

Work Completed On 02/16/2019

01/06/2019

AJ M.

Crew showed up on date and time agreed to. Prior to starting work, floors were covered and openings sealed off. When work was completed, room was vacuumed and left very clean. Ceiling looks great. Would definately hire Patrick again.

Description of Work
Blueboard and skim coat ceiling.

Work Completed On 12/17/2018

05/16/2018

Heather M.

Patrick was wonderfully responsive. Dropped by to check out what needed to be done in between other jobs, and then called the night before he could work me into his schedule to be sure it would work for me. He arrived promptly, covered his work area well, and cleaned everything up better than he found it. Thank you, Patrick!

Description of Work
2 small areas that needed to be patched/plastered

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

03/21/2018

SUSAN K.

everything went great, I have used Patrick Hourican plastering in the past to fix bad plastering jobs performed by others and had a lot of confidence in his ability to handle this job.

Description of Work
small specialized plastering job

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

03/09/2018

Tim C.

Excellent! Patrick and his team were the first and only vendors to respond to my request for help. My message was returned within 3 hours and Patrick himself came to give me a quote the next morning. Since it was a small job and I wasn't in a hurry, we scheduled it as a "time filler" job for when he had time between bigger jobs. A week later the guys were there, on time, and finished the job within 2 hours. They even did some extra work and filled in some nail holes, etc. The guys were professional, courteous and fast. They cleaned up well after they were done and I'm very happy with the work they did. I will definitely hire them again for future projects and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Repair of some holes in my walls.

Work Completed On 02/21/2018

01/01/2018

Stephen B.

On time, very clean, very professional, great job.

Description of Work
Ceiling Plastering

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

12/09/2017

PAUL D.

Thanks to Patrick's work, our ceilings look so much better. Patrick was professional, easy to work with, and delivered a very nice looking end-result.

Description of Work
smooth-plastered over several popcorn ceilings in our property

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

08/22/2017

Emily S.

Patrick came promptly to assess the job in mind, which most other contractors contacted via Angie's List DID NOT. He kept in touch and, as promised, his workers completed the work in the time promised....on a Sunday. The 3 workers arrived promptly, helped us move furniture, covered all the work areas, worked collaboratively, replaced furniture, cleaned up COMPLETELY and the 2 ceilings were fully installed in 6 hours. Patrick returned to collect well tied bags of debris left outside the house a couple hours later.

Description of Work
2 ceilings

Work Completed On 08/13/2017

08/21/2017

Maureen M.

They were terrific. They were prompt and they did a good job.

Work Completed On 08/19/2017

06/05/2017

Yolanda M.

Great! They were wonderful, neat, and delivered as promised.

Description of Work
Overlay and replastering of a wall that sustained water damage.

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

03/20/2017

joseph B.

Had to repatch kitchen ceiling, came out great.

Description of Work
Repaired and replaced bathroom ceiling, kitchen ceiling patch, and installed new ceilings in dining room, large hall and small hall.

Category plastering, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

06/20/2016

Patrick H.

We can't recommend Patrick enough, his crew is on time, on schedule, and they do amazing work. They are affordable and fair with pricing, pleasant and friendly, and Patrick is always responsive to calls. We will be referring all of our friends to Patrick in the future.

Description of Work
Patrick saved our walls!!! They dry walls and plastered our dining room to make it look completely new, patched all the holes made from re-wiring our house, boarded over three ceilings, filled in two doorways, and they will be completely dry walling our new master.

Work Completed On 06/20/2016

04/13/2016

Gregory C.

Patrick is located in Arlington which happens to also be where we live. I left a message asking if he would come by to give us a quote for repairing water stains/damage on our ceiling that occurred the night before as a result of a faucet being left on in the unit above ours. He called back within one hour and came by 5 minutes later on the way to another job. Upon arrival, Patrick was very friendly, courteous and professional. Upon reviewing the damage, he quickly realized that the damage was not extensive enough for us to need his services. He provided me with a game plan to very easily correct the issue myself and was on his way. He could have very easily used that as an opportunity to drum up business but instead was honest and even took the time to explain to me what I could do on my own. If I ever do need this type of service he'll be the first call I make.

Description of Work
Patrick came by to take a look at and provide a quote for a ceiling water stain that resulted from a faucet being left on in the unit above ours.

Work Completed On 04/13/2016

11/11/2015

Eddie M.

I called him up and he came. He said he’d give me a free estimate and he’d call me the next day and give me a number. He never called me. I called him like 3 different times and left voicemails. I never heard from him again. He just disappeared out of the face of the earth.

Description of Work
I used Patrick Hourican. He was going to give me an estimate.

Work Completed On 06/11/2013

07/27/2015

Terry D.

He was very, very good. When I called him, he came right away. He did what he said he was going to do. He charged me the price he said. It's expensive but I guess it's the going rate. He was fine and he was nice.

Description of Work
I used Hourican for plastering.

Work Completed On 07/01/2012

07/13/2015

Michael B.

Patrick Hourican was the person who stopped by in person and gave me the estimate and with whom I communicated about the project beforehand. The day of the job, however, two other guys showed up, one who was the plasterer and a guy who was the helper/cleaner. They did a good job laying down paper and plastic to protect the floor and woodwork on the walls and the built in china cabinet. I wish I remembered the plasterer's name (he was Brazilian and a soft-talker so I am not 100% sure of what he said his name was) because he was awesome. Very friendly and professional. Patrick was able to give me a referral for a painter he trusted, but I decided to do the work myself, so I can say I inspected every square-inch of the ceiling up close, and I can verify that the plasterer was a freaking Michelangelo. Total mirror-smooth plaster finish and not one spot to knock down, sand, or touch up anywhere, and the joint between the ceiling and wall was perfect everywhere, which made painting a breeze. Easily one of the best outcomes I have ever had when hiring a contractor over the last thirty years.

Description of Work
Patrick Hourican Plastering repaired a ceiling in our wood-paneled dining room damaged by water leaking caused by ice dams on the roof. They put up sheetrock to cover and level out the ceiling and plastered the new surface in one day.