Patrick Hourican Plastering

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2005

11 Bailey Rd

Arlington, MA 02476

Family operated for over 30 years. At Patrick Hourican Plastering, we have a clear and concise company mission statement: Deliver quality work, on time with a service-oriented attitude. We have been living out our mission statement in the Boston area since 1986....

plastering (168)drywall (49)water damage restoration (7)home remodeling (3)interior painting (2)roofing (2)

02/27/2021

Eve C.

Patrick's guys did a great job, they showed up on time (even early), worked very hard repairing three separate ceiling areas on two floor levels using drywall and plaster, and the cleanup was spotless. Everything looked great. Thanks Patrick! Eve & Tim

Description of Work
Ceiling Drywall & Plaster Repairs

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

Review for Patrick Hourican Plastering - 11 Bailey Rd, Arlington, MA - 39218418

02/22/2021

Ellen F.

Patrick's team did a great job with our plastering repair. They were on time, courteous, professional, and neat. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Plastering

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

12/07/2020

Elizabeth H.

We hired Patrick for hanging board and veneer plastering an attic office. Patrick got back to use within 2 days of inquiry and gave us a 10 day timeline for the work. His guys showed up right on time both days. They were very efficient and turned the room around in two days. They were exceptionally tidy and left no trace they were there. They even fixed our front storm door which they thought they had broken while moving boards, which they hadn't. Even though we told them it wasn't their fault, they fixed the door hinge back to good working order. The room they finished is an eaves space with lots of angles and slopes and they did a fantastic job. We would hire them again.

Description of Work
Hanging board and veneer plaster

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

08/19/2020

Gladys E.

He brushed me off on the project and made me feel like my project was too small for him.

Description of Work
Plaster - Install

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

09/12/2019

Frank A.

After a previous renovation effort, a significant crack had formed in our living room ceiling. When asking another contractor at the time, they quoted the fix to be a multi-day effort, making it sound like a huge hassle. After probably waiting a bit too long, the crack(s) had spread, and now really needed to be fixed. I called Patrick in the AM, describing my situation, and what I needed done. He was flexible enough to come out 30 minutes later to give me a quote. Patrick identified the cracked/dipping ceiling as a safety concern, and said he'd try to fit it in ASAP. To my surprise, ASAP turned out to be later that afternoon! Patrick had his crew at my house 4 hours later after they wrapped up another job, completed the entire job in the 3 hours that Patrick quoted me, and left the place spotless. I've dealt with a lot of contractors recently, and can say without question that Patrick's crew was the most capable and consider that I've dealt with. The crew not only covered everything with paper and or plastic for protection, but swept and then mopped before heading out. On top of everything, Patrick is extremely pleasant himself, which makes the whole process that much better. In the end I couldn't have hoped for anything better, and will without question call again if I need work done in the future!

Description of Work
Fix/replace cracked/sagging ceiling

Work Completed On 09/02/2019

Thank you for your nice report. Our goal is to make the customer happy. Have a nice weekend.

08/20/2019

Kathleen M.

Patrick and his crew were amazing. They were extremely careful to cover not only our floors and furniture but the outside hallway floors and our porch where they had their tools. The end product is beautiful. I was extremely satisfied with their work. They were quick to get back to me with an estimate, were able to start the job soon after the estimate, they did a terrific job and an amazing clean up after they were done. I would highly recommend Patrick again.

Description of Work
We had a new bathroom ceiling and a new bedroom ceiling installed as well as a number of walls patched around our house.

Work Completed On 08/10/2019

04/21/2019

SAM J.

What a pleasure working with Patrick! We had Patrick over for a walk-thru for our 1891 home that desperately needed fresh plastering and immediately knew he was the man for the job. Patrick was quick to provide a proposal, kept us abreast on when he could start, and then arrived 15 minutes the day of the work. His crew members were friendly, respectful and very clean with their work. The finish of the walls is impeccable and the quality of the work is AMAZING. We’ll definitely hire him for our next project!

Description of Work
Kitchen plastering

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

02/25/2019

Richard B.

This was a small job, but he Patrick's crew did an excellent job. I've used him twice before. and would use him again.

Description of Work
Patching & plastering a kitchen ceiling.

Category drywall,plastering,water damage restoration

Work Completed On 02/16/2019

01/06/2019

AJ M.

Crew showed up on date and time agreed to. Prior to starting work, floors were covered and openings sealed off. When work was completed, room was vacuumed and left very clean. Ceiling looks great. Would definately hire Patrick again.

Description of Work
Blueboard and skim coat ceiling.

Work Completed On 12/17/2018

05/16/2018

Heather M.

Patrick was wonderfully responsive. Dropped by to check out what needed to be done in between other jobs, and then called the night before he could work me into his schedule to be sure it would work for me. He arrived promptly, covered his work area well, and cleaned everything up better than he found it. Thank you, Patrick!

Description of Work
2 small areas that needed to be patched/plastered

Work Completed On 05/10/2018

Blueboard & plaster - walls, ceilings, patches, cracks, & texturing. Remodeling.