Atlas Asphalt & Sealcoat Services

Founded 1995 • With Angi since September 2011

PO Box 1468

Arlington, MA 02474

Locally and family owned & operated. Asphalt Paving Company providing residential and commercial asphalt paving services throughout New England. At Atlas Asphalt Services, we use only the best government grade coal tar emulsion based sealer. We also have Asphalt Emulsion, an environmentally friendly product. Seal coating fills surface voids, reduces the depth to which oil or gas can penetrate the pavement, costing less dollars needed to repair or replace damaged asphalt....

08/07/2017

shawn P.

Sealing work was performed but the work was destroyed by torrential rain approximately 3 hours after completion. Sealing materials were washed off of significant portions of the driveway and the company Atlas/Nate refuses to speak with me about what can be done to repair the work. I am out the entire amount I paid and I need to find another company to come redo the work Nate refuses to return my multiple calls and emails. I guess he's got his money and he doesn't care what happens after that. Additional details: 1300sf driveway and quote was $300. My research indicated I should expect to pay between $0.14 and $0.25/sf so this quote seemed reasonable. The 2 man crew arrived around noon (appointment was for 8:30am) and they began using a blower and broom to clean the driveway but stopped after a few minutes and let me know that they thought the quote was way too low. I immediately tried to call Nate but could not reach him by phone. I also sent email. I was initially concerned that the crew was trying to shake me down for a little extra cash but apparently they had a way to reach him and he gave them the go ahead at the originally quoted price. They finished the work, I paid them, and 2 hours later it started raining - but very lightly. At about 3:30pm that afternoon, Nate finally called me (based on voice messages I had left earlier) and we talked. I express concern about the rain but he indicated that unless we have places on the driveway where water pools we should not have a problem. We did not talk about the issues that might occur with hard / torrential rain. Nate also indicated that he knew that rain was coming but thought it would be later in the day. At about 4:00pm the torrential rain started. And while I was still worried, there was no pooling water (driveway is very flat). At no time was I was never informed that hard rain could destroy the work. I came out the next morning and the work was ruined. Large areas of the driveway had all the sealant stripped off and there was sand everywhere. I was clear to me that this work needed to be done again. I placed multiple calls to Nate and sent multiple emails - No response. I did manage to connect with one of the guys that came to do the work (Scott) and he said that he would ask Nate to call me. He also said that this was an "act of god" and not their problem. He said if they came out to repair the work that I would need to pay again. Scott was rude and argumentative and he also indicated that they knew rain was coming but thought it was be latter in the day/evening. My position: 1) I am not an expert so I had no idea (and was not informed by Nate) that hard rain would ruin the work. These guys do this for a living so presumably they knew that a hard rain would damage the coating. 2) Nate knew that rain was coming and took a calculated risk - HIS risk NOT MINE. If he had informed me that rain could damage the work (as he should have), I could have taken on part of the risk - If after being informed of the risk I chose to go ahead with the work then I would certainly also be willing to take on the added expense of repairing the damage. I can say for sure that had Nate told me that hard rain would damage the work I would have asked to reschedule. I've lived in New England for over 25 years and I know that the weather forecasts are often way off. Horrible experience with this company. Poor communications, terrible customer service. Stay away!!!

Description of Work
Driveway sealing

06/27/2017

James L.

Nate (Atlas) was responsive and professional. He contacted me after the purchase with an info sheet and suggested dates/weeks for the services to be provided. The work was very good compared to the previous job. We a small mix-up over payment, I paid both Angie's List and left a check. Once we worked out the details between Angie's list and Atlas, a check arrived very quickly. I would recommend Atlas for this service or more complicated projects.

Description of Work
Driveway sealcoating and crack filling for a short but very wide driveway.

06/13/2017

Robin B.

Nate was a pleasure to hire. He contacted us well in advance with all necessary information about the job, like the available dates and the start time, turning off sprinklers before the service, and not using the driveway for 48 hours after the service. I sent him a few minor questions by email, and he answered us promptly. Rain in the weather forecast meant Nate had to re-schedule the work, and he kept us up-to-date throughout. The work was done as promised and as planned, and it looks great! I'd highly recommend Atlas to anyone considering sealcoating.

Description of Work
We used The Big Deal for driveway sealcoating.

05/29/2017

Charlie P.

The service was quick, efficient and accurate (i.e. no sealcoating spillage on wall, steps, posts, etc.). Writing this review ~2 years later and coating is holding up quite well. Still looks good as new. The pricing was very reasonable and the site workers very cordial. We would hire again for sure.

Description of Work
Seal Coating driveway and sidewalk.

11/15/2016

MICHAEL F.

Great job for late in the season! Nate is the best.

Description of Work
Driveway Sealing

07/24/2016

Leo T.

They responded within 48 hours with a quote and answered all of my questions. Everything went very smoothly. They were on time and did a great job. We plan on hiring them again for the next sealcoat.

Description of Work
Sealcoating 680 sq ft driveway.

11/22/2015

ROBERT M.

Everything went well! people were a little rough around the edges, lacking in telephone etiquette!

Description of Work
Sealed Driveway

Thank you!

10/20/2015

nancy D.

They never called back to give the estimate.

Description of Work
They were supposed to give an estimate for seal coating.

10/06/2015

Alec C.

I contacted them about two weeks ago. They got back to me the following day came out and gave me an estimate and had an scheduled an apointment. They were on time, did nice quality work, and we're at estimate.

Description of Work
Sealed driveway and repaired small crack

Category driveway pavers

Hi Member, we appreciate your wonderful review,

09/08/2015

Kiran S.

They did an excellent job of seal coating my drive way. They gave us a time slot and came in that time and completed it. I am satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
They seal coated my drive way.

Category driveway pavers

Hi Member, we appreciate your awesome review.

PMI Bay State

PMI Bay State is a property management company with a primary focus on Association and Residential property management. We are part of the Property Management Inc. ("PMI") franchise network. PMI has extensive experience in the property management industry and has over 260 offices located throughout the United States that manage properties worth over $5 billion. PMI has developed industry-leading processes and systems that are utilized on a daily basis in the operation of your local PMI Bay State office. Combined with the utilization of a patented state of the art web-based software system, assures a level of service that sets PMI members apart in the real estate industry. On-going training, communication, and education in this relationship ensure successful operations and develops and expands upon a strong national brand.

EAC Masonry & Landscaping, Inc

EAC Masonry & Landscaping sees every day as an opportunity to provide the North shore MA area with fantastic service. Our goal is to grow every day to better serve our clients.We have years of experience that make all the difference in our work! You haven't benefited from a real lawn care service until you've tried ours.Our team members work hard to make our customers happy with the final results of our labor. Beautiful walls and walkways are just a call away.

American Made Masonry LLC

American Made Masonry LLC is a full service masonry company servicing greater Boston and beyond. We are fully licensed and insured and we provide free estimates and follow-up service. We specialize in all types and stages of masonry construction, including stairs, walkways, chimneys, patios, fireplaces, walls, driveways, paving stones, all types of concrete work, and more. We also do all types of general masonry repairs, including repointing, chimney extensions, and waterproofing. Direct contact email americanmademasonry@yahoo.com. Award wining.

Offers by American Made Masonry LLC on Angi

Sealcoating. Line striping. Crack sealing. Repair & replace damaged asphalt, pothole, & catch basin. Sweeping & power washing garages & parking lots. Snow plowing, shoveling, removal and ice treatment(salting).