Arlington Fuel Oil

Founded 1941 • With Angi since July 2001

177 Broadway

Arlington, MA 02474

Fourth generation fuel company. Family owned and operated. Specializing in all oil and gas boiler and water heaters....

09/14/2018

Kristen H.

The entire process, as with every interaction we've had with Arlington Fuel over the last almost 20 years, was wonderful. Matt let us know in the spring that our boiler and water heater would need replacing very soon and gave us all the info for calling MassSAVE to get an energy audit and rebates, which would help offset the costs. In the meantime, Matt fixed our boiler twice to keep it going until we got everything in place for the changeover. The final work of removing the old boiler and installing the new one and water heater was completed in 2 days, and the whole new system is a thing of beauty. Arlington Fuel's team is super friendly and professional. They spent a lot of time when they were done answering our questions and showing us everything about the new system. They have been providing our heating oil and servicing our heating system in our house for 15+ years (and did the same for our previous rental). I cannot say enough about these guys! They are always available in an emergency. In our previous rental, they came out at 2 am in the winter to give our upstairs neighbors enough oil to make it through the night when they had run out. And, several years ago, when we had no hot water on Mother's Day morning, Matt left his own mom's Mother's Day brunch to come over and fix it so that I could take a hot shower before my Mother's Day brunch. I've never forgotten that. We recommend Arlington Fuel to everyone we know because they do great work and are wonderful people.

Description of Work
Replacing boiler and water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,heating oil companies

07/12/2018

Ellen K.

The workmen were skilled, friendly, and efficient. The basement was left clean and in great shape. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
New furnace and water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,heating oil companies

07/09/2018

Caroline G.

Matt and his team did a great job replacing my >30 year oil boiler. I decided to replace with another tankless oil furnace that works for my steam radiator system. Matt is very knowledgeable and responsive. We talked about it during the winter and he provided pricing and information about the new system. I waited till the summer to install. His crew was professional, cleaned up afterwards, and completed it in three days. It's been about 3 weeks, and everything has been working well.

Description of Work
Install new oil boiler

02/16/2018

MAURA C.

Matt of Arlington Fuel went over the various options of replacements including the MassSave program options. He was very thorough in giving information including leaving a brochure and website. At all times, he was responsive to calls and letting us know when he was available or not. After reviewing a few contractors we went with Matt/Arlington Fuel based on neighbors' comments, Matt's proposal and the type of boiler/hot water heater. As we have an older house, we all knew there might be some issues and there were (access outdoor route). Matt discussed the various options and all went well from there. There were some subcontractors involved including scrap metal hauler and electrician who were also prompt and professional. While Arlington Fuel was not the cheapest bid, they were still well within our range and the rebates were a huge savings. There was one small glitch when the heat first went on, but Matt responded within an hour or two to fix it. Our house has been toasty (new insulation too) and Matt and his crew wonderful to work with. Would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replacement of old boiler and hot water heater with new energy efficient ones

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

10/20/2017

Marc Y.

Great! The Arlington Fuel folks have provided my family excellent service for over 45 yrs. They are absolutely trustworthy and reliable!

Description of Work
Replaced old oil burner with new energy efficient equipment

10/19/2017

Raajdeep V.

We have been customers of Matt and Arlington Fuel Oil Co for over 6 years. Starting with furnace/boiler, water tank and heat pipes and baseboards, Arlington Fuel Oil Co has always provided excellent service for the money. The company folks, to start with, are very courteous and try to understand the problem and recommend practical solutions and are not out to make money. They are always punctual and have always done the job on time including our boiler replacement (which included few re-visits since it was an old house) and emergency heating oil filling in the dead of winter in the middle of a snowstorm. We started with them in our condo and it was a no brainer to keep them when we moved to a single family home. Matt, Brian and the entire team including office staff are a delight to work with! If you are in their service area, look no further than Arlington Fuel Oil Co. I talk to my neighbors who use other companies for heating oil and the service and professionalism is not even close! Highly recommend them for any work in heating equipment.

Description of Work
Boiler replacement along with new/modified zone routing. Flue pipe replacement in a tight squeezed corner Water expansion pump replacement Baseboard bleeding/bleedouts Equipment service and Heating oil

07/17/2017

Joan M.

They did a wonderful job. We got a $500 rebate so it went down from $3712.

Description of Work
They installed an indirect hot water heater.

Category water heater repair

06/22/2017

Chris G.

I can't say enough about Matt and the quality of his work. To begin with he is responsive. When I called or emailed him, he got back to me in a reasonable amount of time and communicated clearly. I know very little about heating or plumbing and he patiently answered my questions and helped me to understand my options. He showed up exactly when he said he would, finished on time and when I received the bill it was for exactly what he said it would be for--not a penny more. He touched base with me a few days after to see if I'd ventured downstairs to see the new unit and the extensive plumbing work that was done. It was in the course of this call that I realized that this work is Matt's passion--he was legitimately proud of the work that he did, and for good reason. The unit works perfectly and looks great. Finally, I should note that I have every confidence that if there is a problem with the unit, Matt will show up and fix it. Before he installed the new unit he repaired our old one for a few years and proved to be responsive every time we called--even on the weekends. In short, Matt enthusiasm, customer service and work quality is top notch.

Description of Work
Old steam boiler removed and new steam boiler installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

06/02/2017

Christopher R.

I'm on a yearly contract with them. They come out every year.

Description of Work
They make sure my furnace is up to snuff and they sell me oil.

Category heating oil companies

05/17/2017

Thomas M.

They are very responsive and willing to go the extra mile to make sure everything is working as well as it can be.

Description of Work
We have a service contract with them to maintain our boiler and provide oil.

09/07/2016

madeleine F.

They did a good job. They were efficient and pleasant to deal with.

Description of Work
They installed a new oil boiler fall 2015 and have since provided my fuel oil delivery service.

11/11/2015

Dipen G.

They are very prompt and are willing to come as soon as possible. They are pretty good. I have a contract with them. They have been coming for the past couple of weeks on and off. They come and do something, then based on what they did they try to figure it out. They come to the customer's in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
Arlington Fuel Oil is my oil delivery guy. He does some maintenance also on my boiler and furnace. They were last here because my boiler was having some issues. They were trying to get it up and running.

10/24/2015

Faye K.

I can't recommend Matt and Arlington Fuel highly enough. Matt was very responsive to my call and set up a time to give me a quote in record time. He spent time fully explaining all my options and his recommendations. He went above and beyond to email me a quote because I was on a deadline with Mass Save. The installation process went very smoothly. While I was at work, Matt and his crew installed the furnace over two days time. The installation was neat and carefully done - even the Mass Save inspector had positive comments. I couldn't be happier with my new bolier! Arlington Fuel has an office on Broadway in Arlington. The office staff was remarkable at supplying me with all the necessary paperwork, all neatly put together. The office is very accessible by phone. Due to my positive experience with Arlington Fuel, I decided to switch to them for my oil deliveries. They were willing to put me on a budget over 10 months time, which is incredibly helpful to my financial planning. I like the security of knowing that if I have any boiler issues, Arlington Fuel is a reliable and efficient place to get help. I am so pleased with my experience ... finally, I made a good contractor decision!

Description of Work
Matt installed a new oil boiler at my home in Medford.

10/08/2015

Linda D.

I called Matt from Arlington Fuel when I found out I needed a new gas boiler for my rental condo. He came over to give me an estimate and shut off the gas to the boiler as a precaution since there was a potential for a drip to put out the pilot light. I had also called Mass Save to see if I could qualify for a boiler replacement rebate and Matt was nice enough to come back to the house a week later to make sure the gas was turned back on and everything was all set for the audit, and this was all before I ever agreed to anything or paid a dime. Once I got the go ahead for the rebate, I ended up going with another company b/c their bid was lower. I felt bad b/c Matt was very responsive and helpful, and I don't usually base decisions solely on price, but with such a major purchase, I felt I should pick the lower bid (of all highly rated companies). I would definitely use Matt/Arlington fuel for other plumbing/heating needs and am even thinking of calling him for an oil delivery quote for our own house.

Description of Work
provided an estimate for a steam gas boiler replacement

07/02/2015

William S.

Matt spent a great deal of time explaining the various boilers available and the pros and cons of each. He and an assistant did an exceptionally neat job of removing the old boiler and installing the new one in a single day, then helped with the paperwork enabling us to receive a Mass Save rebate for updating to a more efficient boiler. We have been customers of the family-owned Arlington Fuel Oil Co. for many years and plan to continue for many more.

Description of Work
Provided extensive consultation on updating a 30-year old oil-fired boiler, then removed the old one and installed new one.

05/14/2015

gerald K.

This company does nice work. they have a 24 hour service for maintenance and they're very customer oriented. They come out to assist even when there was a snow storm and we needed oil. I am highly satisfied with them and would definitely recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
Installed boilers

Category water heater repair,heating oil companies

02/14/2015

RICHARD S.

I discovered today ? just before the blizzard ? that our heating oil tank was nearly empty, and that my normal oil supplier was unavailable by phone. Matt Campbell (the owner/operator of Arlington Fuel Oil) responded to my plea for help, and came over within the hour to fill our tank ? even though I had not previously been a customer. When you're in the building trades (as I am) you learn to recognize and hang onto guys like Matt ? nice guy, thoroughly competent, straight shooter, high standards, reliable, no hype, no b.s. Long story short ? Thanks, Matt! I feel a lot more secure about surviving New England winters with support from you and Arlington Fuel Oil.

Description of Work
went out of his way to alleviate an emergency

02/03/2015

Kathleen M.

He came on a Sunday and just took care of it. He was extremely helpful and a very nice guy.

Description of Work
Filled the oil tank.

01/24/2015

Constance A.

Excellent, crew arrived on time and completed the job in two days as per quote. They cleaned up when job completed.

Description of Work
New heating system installed; new hot water tank installed, remove/dispose old system.

Category water heater repair

01/15/2015

Jonice W.

My furnace in a home I rent out died at noon on a very cold day that made it hard to find someone to come to repair it quickly. Matt at Arlington Fuel Co was also extremely busy doing emergency calls, but managed to squeeze in a stop to the house before the end of the day. He quickly identified and replaced the failed component and had the furnace running within an hour of his arrival. He could have charged anything - I was in a desperate situation with cold tenants in a house that would have frozen that evening - but was charged what I feel would have been a reasonable price for a scheduled service call, let alone a dire circumstance. Matt was also very courteous and a pleasure to interact with.

Description of Work
Emergency repair for a gas fired steam heating system

12/30/2014

Jessica R.

Fantastic customer service. I also really appreciated the honest assessment of my furnace and overview of the options I had for oil delivery in the area.

Description of Work
I recently moved into a condo where the Oil furnace had not been serviced in several years. I was too late to get a service contract for the season, but Matt offered to split the labor hours needed for the repairs, and let me have the replacement parts at cost. The very next business day the guys came out to fix everything.

12/10/2014

bonnie B.

Matt responded the same day to my call even though I was a non-customer. He was polite and professional, which was much appreciated. He made a repair to the furnace, which solved the problem. I live in NH and have this property in Mass. I wish he served Southern NH =)

Description of Work
Made a repair to a very OLD furnace.

11/29/2014

George M.

We are extremely happy with this service. Responsive and professional in all communications and services. I feel much more confident regarding my heating needs. Price is very fair in all respects. Thank you, Matt and crew.

Description of Work
provided fuel oil, inspected and repaired furnace, inspected chimney flue

09/02/2014

MICHELLE A.

We have a very old (somewhat 'oddball' house), and consequently were very anxious about replacing the furnace. Thank Goodness we found Arlington Oil. Matt Campbell is a total professional, with a capital P! He handled every aspect of the job with consummate attention to detail , and respect for all our questions/concerns. What makes Matt truly exceptional is his follow up after the job was complete. He cared about how the furnace was performing. I truly don't know what we would have done without him. Any customer , who has had the pleasure of working with him , would 100% agree with me. In addition to major work, like the furnace repair, Matt has done other work ,in the house, such as water heater installation/repair. The circulator pump , on the water heater, kept overheating. I had it replaced 3 times , at a cost of $300 each time, before I found Matt. He fixed the problem the first time, and the repair is still going strong after many years. Lastly, Matt is one of the nicest guys you will meet.

Description of Work
Replace boiler

06/24/2014

Benajah P.

They are a great company. I would recommend them to everybody because of their quality of service. They will respond to you any time of day and night and anywhere. They are very friendly, fair, reasonable. They are just good people.

Description of Work
I've used them. They provided fuel oil.

Category heating oil companies