Alpha Construction & Design Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2009

41 Browning Rd

Arlington, MA 02476

Alpha Construction and Design, Inc. Is a Boston Massachusetts based construction company with expertise in renovating residential homes, condominiums, and commercial properties. We are dedicated in providing a reliable and honest service for our clients!...

05/08/2017

Thomas P.

My regular contractor couldn't do it, but these guys came in and did a great job.

Description of Work
Install kitchen range hood through the roof.

10/24/2016

David E.

Aram is amazing. He is professional, honest, and practical. He'll do what you want, but offers good advice on how to make the job great recognizing the budget. We wanted reclaimed lumber in our home to replace some damaged flooring and his subcontractor is now practically a member of the family he's so good. We bought another house and plan to use him again for an addition. You cannot go wrong with Aram and the crew. Solid people, clean, quick, worked every day, came in with no surprises... no-nonsense and great.

Description of Work
Remodeled walls, installed fans, redid floors, painted...

07/16/2015

Julie L.

This was a huge project, and Aram & Alpha Construction did a wonderful job. We were turning a 200 year old barn into our home, and so we were basically building a brand new house inside of the existing structure. Aram and all of his subcontractors were careful, diligent, courteous, professional and reliable. They all did great work, but if ever anything needed to be changed Aram always made sure everything was done to our satisfaction. And it was. He worked well with our architect, and at the times when we needed to make a decision without an architect, Aram was able to provide good suggestions as well as caution us against making bad decisions. Throughout the entire project, Aram was in constant communication. He is honest in a field where that can be a concern. He is trustworthy provides high quality work at a good price. We are so happy with our new house - everything is just gorgeous. Now whenever I go to someone's house who's just finished a renovation and I see the "ok" work they got, I think "too bad your contractor wasn't as good as mine."... Alpha construction did an amazing job. Hire them!

Description of Work
Gut renovation & entire remodel of historic home.

Category remodeling, home builders, architect

05/31/2015

Joel S.

Aram was very responsive, provided a quote that seemed reasonable, had good insight into what needed to be repaired. and had several good suggestions about how to avoid future damage. The work started and ended on schedule, and the work was done well. The work crew were pleasant to deal with and demonstrated good craftsmanship. We were very please with the work.

Description of Work
repaired part of roof and part of kitchen after water damage caused by ice damming this past winter

04/07/2015

William P.

I designed an addition to a home where Aram, Alpha Construction & Design, is serving as the General Contractor. Aram was great to work with during the design process. He made wise suggestions, helped simplify details, and worked hard through the permitting process. The job site is always clean and safe. He follows an aggressive but realistic schedule to meet the clients expectations.

Description of Work
Addition to single-family home in Belmont

12/18/2014

EDWARD H.

Description of Work
Very enthusiastic and punctual group. I missed a number of on-site meetings due to communication issues -- I encourage customers to over-communicate (confirm & re-confirm, etc.).

Category ceramic tile, decks, gutter repair, hardwood floor, home builders, home remodeling, basement remodeling

08/21/2013

Jane D.

I never got to the point where any work was done; they weren't responsive to me contacting them.

Description of Work
I contacted the provider, asking for a quote. I got an email response through Angie's List. I responded to that but never heard from the provider again. I did send another message to them through Angie's List but got no response.

Category home remodeling

Hi (member name removed), I don't recall the email or contact. Are you sure you contacted the correct Alpha Construction? There are many companies in the area with similar names.

04/05/2013

Daniel S.

I have been extremely happy with the work Alpha has done, and have been very glad to have found them. They did some work for friends, who heartily recommended them, and I can enthusiastically do the same. Aram, and his partner at IMG Painting, Hratch, have been very easy to talk with and get advice from. I've done some casual comparing, and believe that their estimates have been very fair. They do the work as spelled-out, for the price agreed upon, and are happy to take care of any extra little related things that might arise in the course of the job. When I questioned the price for the roof replacement and driveway estimates, both of which were to be done by sub-contractors, we were able to arrive at acceptable prices with minimal fuss. Occasionally it has been difficult to get things scheduled as I'd hoped for, which is not unexpected, but whenever the work has started it has been done very efficiently, and very well, with very little time having to live with half-completed projects or building materials around, and more often than not, they left work areas cleaner than they found them. Some neighbors saw the work they'd been doing for me, and engaged them for some work of their own.

Description of Work
Several areas of exterior renovation to small 90+ year-old single family house. Work either done by Alpha or contracted thru them. Roof replaced; all new windows installed; side porch removed and its doorway replaced by a window; side porch area replaced by driveway; front entryway and stairway completely rebuilt; entire exterior painted by associates IMG Painting. All this work was done as a series of projects done in steps, begun 7/11, completed 11/12. One additional project, replacing a sliding porch door was discussed in 3/13, completed 4/13. In addition, there has been interior work discussed, and estimates will be drawn up, for replacing kitchen floor, refinishing hardwood flooring, replacing/repairing ceilings, replacing toilets, misc. refinishing work, and interior painting.

Category decks, hardwood floor, plastering, remodeling, home builders, woodworking, architect, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

03/08/2013

Iris P.

Our newly finished basement has been our favorite hangout spot in our home this winter thanks to Alpha Construction! The room is gorgeous and functional and the sump pump system has kept us dry and mold free. The project was completed in September of 2012 and would have been completely on schedule and budget if not for some additional items we added to the project (new stairs and fireplace facade and mantle.) We were especially impressed withe the communication style and professionalism of Aram and his employee. We always felt "in the loop, " as to the progress and details of the project. I think the photos are worth a thousand words. Thanks Guys!

Description of Work
Full basement remodel, including walls, sub floor and flooring, new stairs, tiled fireplace facade and sump pump system- we love our new space!

Category remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

11/27/2012

Dolan P.

We are extremely pleased with how all the work has gone. Aram is very easy to work with, communicates really well, keeps in constant contact as the job progresses and is polite and highly professional. He is a very nice person, friendly and very trustworthy and we are very comfortable having him work at the house in our absence. He brings in excellent tradespeople (painting, electrical, plastering, masonry etc) and supervises them very actively. He is punctual, timely in his work, cleans up spotlessly each day and always keeps us informed on progress and problems. He makes suggestions and offers advice and information but is never pushy. We feel we have been spoiled---it would be very hard now to work with another contractor!

Description of Work
Aram has been GC on the following projects during past year and currently: Complete remodeling (gutted and rebuilt) two bathrooms Installation of new windows for entire house New roof and gutters Complete rebuild of front steps and walkway (granite and brick) Exterior house painting Interior rehabbing of three bedrooms (electrical, painting, new trim work)

Category ceramic tile, gutter repair, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters

07/14/2011

Ginny G.

I contacted Aram Nalbandyan of Alpha Construction for a quote to replace the damaged deck. He was prompt, courteous and professional - taking the time to explain everything that was needed and why. The project costs were exactly has quoted - finishing on time. The quality of his work is exceptional - you could tell that he and his staff care about their work. As the project progressed, Aram would ask if I was happy with the way the deck was being done. He installed grey and quot;trekand quot; decking with white vinyl railings - it looks beautiful. I would recommend Alpha Construction and Aram Nalbandyan, without hesitation! I would hire again should I have any future home improvement projects.

Description of Work
Deck ( 14 x 22 feet ) off back of the house, collapsed from heavy snow fall over the 2010/2011 winter season. Deck was 26 years old, built with PT wood. I needed a complete replacement of the deck, including new footings.

Category decks, remodeling

04/07/2011

Robyn P.

Alpha Construction was one of 4 contractors that I had contacted to quote this project. I chose to work with Alpha based on the responsiveness of Aram during the quoting process including meeting with us a second time to review the details of the quote and costs of the project. I found Aram and his staff to be skilled, courteous and professional. I was very impressed by how clean they left the bathroom and surrounding areas each day. I appreciated Aram's professionalism and his communication style, he was extremely responsive and prompt, always letting me know in advance what the upcoming schedule would be and what workers would be at the house. He contacted me several times throughout the project to specifically ask for my feedback and to see if I had any issues. He quoted 3 weeks for the overall project, and it took just slightly over that to complete. The overall cost came in close to the original quote, and for those few extras that came up during the project, he made sure to communicate what the findings and extra costs would be. I am very happy with my new bathroom. I would recommend Aram to others and I would hire him again.

Description of Work
Complete gut and remodel of our 2nd floor full bath. Replaced bathtub; installed tile in shower area and floor; upgraded electrical and installed additional lighting; relocated shower plumbing; insulated; plastered walls and ceiling and painted; installed all new wood trim; recessed vanity mirror; installed new vanity and toliet.

01/27/2011

Allan K.

It went flawlessly. They cleaned after themselves fastidiously after every work day. They went the extra mile to ensure we were happy, often including finishing touches we hadn't thought of. They worked to match the framing on our hallway doors in order to effectively hide the washer/dryer. They framed the drainpipes, so they blend into the rest of the house. I couldn't be happier and will be bringing them back for a great deal more work in the near future.

Description of Work
Alpha divided a closet on our guest bedroom, adding a door that opens on the hallway and running the electrical and plumbing to put in a stacked washer/dryer. The washer/dryer lived in the bathroom on the floor below. Alpha removed the fixtures and electrical for the washer/dryer and remodeled the area to include a new bathtub and tempered glass outside-facing window. They ran brand new drainage for both to the basement.

Category ceramic tile, hardwood floor, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

09/16/2010

Jessica B.

First of all: don't have a window in your shower. Second: always use concrete backer board, NOT "waterproofed" drywall, behind ceramic tile in your bathroom. If you happen to have bought a house where these two rules were not followed, you may end up in the situation we were in. The window frame began to warp and rot, and when we removed the frame, the drywall underneath was moldy. To tell you what a professional Aram is, he was positively disgusted that someone would have done such a crappy job remodeling our bathroom. The drywall underneath the window was crumbling. Aram replaced the compromised section of drywall with cement board, then installed new tile, and finally replaced the wood window frame with Azek, the weatherproof stuff commonly used on the outside of houses. He sealed everything up after grouting, and even resealed the entire perimeter of the bathtub. The entire job took about a day and a half. He and his assistant did a great job, were respectful and very clean. Both days, the bathroom was cleaner when they left than when they arrived. Our only issue was minor: Aram was referred to us by another contractor we like who was too busy to take on the job, but he got our email address wrong, so it took a while to get the estimate. I would definitely hire him again, and would refer friends to him.

Description of Work
They replaced a section of wall and tile in our shower and replaced the window frame in our shower.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Thank you for the feedback; it was our pleasure to correct the mistake that was made. It was a top proiority to eradicate the mold growing under the incorrect installed wall. Regards Aram Nalbandyan Alpha Construction

04/26/2010

Arleen H.

The condominium was built a long time ago and therefore required custom windows to accommodate odd sizes. Aram and his crew were prompt, professional, personable clean workers who inspired confidence and pride in the work they did. I am 100% satisfied, even delighted, with the work and take pleasure in recommending them to everyone I know who is looking for work to be done in their homes.

Description of Work
Remove 10 old windows, install 10 new windows, cart way old windows along with other storm windows and screens left by previous owner. Research, locate, purchase and install bathroom cabinet to fit existing niche. Consult on electrical work needed in kitchen and living room areas and recommend electrician to perform those tasks.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

11/24/2009

Lisa C.

We had some new windows installed in our basement and our attic. He was punctual and kept to the estimate. He does good work. One problem was that he didn't notice that the windows we picked for the basement were going to hit our heating vents, we had to have them installed upside down.... not great. I wish that he had noticed this before ordering the windows... since I am not a contractor, it's not something I would have known about ahead of time. If we hadn't installed them upside down, we would have had to pay for he windows and bought additional ones too. Another window style would have been better, but I didn't know until it was too late!.

Description of Work
Replacement windows were installed in attic and basement.

Category remodeling, replacement windows

Thank you for the feedback. However two option of windows were proposed, gliding and hopper. Gliding windows would have been ideal, however the price was to high and the customer decided on the lower model hopper window. Hopper windows by Harvey can be installed in either direction and does not void the warranty.

07/01/2009

David S.

Overall I had a great expierence with Alpha Construction. Highly recommended!!

Description of Work
My water pipe broke in my Dental office, leaking water from the upstairs bathroom to the first floor causing major damage. After several qoutes, Alpha Construction was the most reasonable in terms of pricing and ideas. They said the work would be done in six weeks, but to my surpise, it was done under four weeks!! The Alpha construction team was professional, polite, and kept work areas neat and clean at the end of the day (a must in a health clinic!). I would certainly recommended Alpha construction for my commercial and from what I saw my residence as well. Great Job!!

Category remodeling

M&S Painters Inc.

*SPRING SPECIAL* Receive 10% off any services (max savings is applied, ask Service Provider for details) We are a family owned and operated painting company with over 10 years collective experience in interior, exterior, commercial, and residential painting. We take pride in high quality work and excellent customer care. We operate in the Boston MetroWest community. Our family is ready to help your family, give us a call today!

Offers by M&S Painters Inc.  on Angi
    Color Matters Painting, Inc.

"We are a company of home improvement that aims to offer a good service with a good price. Our commitment with quality has more than 14 years. We guarantee our services with a 3 years warranty and we are fully insured to serve you better. Our goal is to make your life simple letting you feel that you can count on us when the question is renovation."

Pro Expert Services Inc.

We specialize in interior painting services, drywall repair and housecleaning! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Architects & Building Design. Builders - Garages, Barns, Sheds, Homes. Carpentry - Unfinished. Carpentry - Woodworking. Ceramic Tile. Closets. Countertops. Deck Maintenance. Decks & Porches. Doors. Framing. Gutter Repair & Replacement. Handymen. Hardwood Flooring Sales, Installation, Refinishing. Painting - Exterior, Interior. Plastering. Remodeling - Basements, General, Kitchen & Bathroom, Sunrooms & Patio Enclosures. Roofing. Siding. Windows.

Lawn fertilizing - spraying, mowing, large tree pruning.