Surner Heating Co Inc

Founded 1963 • With Angi since February 2012

60 Shumway St

Amherst, MA 01002

Cost is determined by the job....

06/22/2018

sheldon G.

Joe and his helper were prompt, efficient, responsive.

Description of Work
install 4 minisplits

Jane E.

They deliver my oil. Everything is fine with them. They deliver it once a month.

Description of Work
I use them for heating oil.

Jane E.

I just think they are really competent heating and oil people.

Description of Work
They come out every year to clean my heating unit, and if there is anything wrong they fix it.

Jane E.

We've never run out of oil. They've always been on time. They know what I use and they pay attention. They come out when they're supposed to.

06/22/2015

Caryl-Rose P.

Description of Work
Supply oil, service boiler. | |Several years ago they replaced my old heat & hot water system and did an excellent job.

12/09/2014

Margaret R. R.

They tried, but it turned out that they really weren't the ones that could help me on my particular type of unit. They actually told me who to see to get it resolved. I thought they were very helpful and that they tired very hard. They were able to point me to the right people.

Description of Work
I was trying to find someone to help with a heat pump.

06/12/2013

Gordon K.

Surner Heating Co Inc. is a very good company. They're responsive to their local market. They've been my heating service company for many years now. They're reliable and they do a quality work. They provide me with lots of information which was helpful. There were really positive things to say about them. There's nothing negative to say about them at all. They have standard pricing.

Description of Work
Surner Heating Co Inc. did a furnace replacement.

12/05/2012

JEANNINE H.

We are new to town and needed to top off the oil tank. We checked out many other vendors in the area and these folks had the best combination of price, being local and being able to provide tune-up services in-house. They'd serviced our heating system with the former owner so were able to give us the date of when it was last serviced as well as what had been done. They'd also installed the "new" furnace, so had all the specs on that, too. We've scheduled an appointment for a tune-up in early 2013. The oil delivery came the day after I ordered it. Easy as pie.

Description of Work
heating oil delivery

Category heating oil companies

12/03/2012

James H.

I called in the morning, and they had a guy here by 3:30. He was friendly and informative, and he totally fixed the problem. I have used these guys for years.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking furnace.

06/26/2012

Felicity C.

It’s a local company and they give us some options for purchasing our oil. It’s something of a crapshoot with the price of oil and they provide options about how we would pay for a winter’s worth of oil. It’s good to have options although it doesn’t necessarily help us. A winter’s worth of oil costs a few thousand dollars. We’ve used different options different years without any particularly good reason for choosing one over the other. For the oil tank installation they used a guy who wasn’t as good as he should have been. They should have stopped delivering oil to the tanks they were going to remove but they didn’t. We had a delivery right before they came to remove the tanks and they had to pump the oil back out. I thought that was a bit amateurish on the part of the guy that was left there to take care of things; this fellow was not very good at his job. The people who did the replacement did a good job. Surner had to respond to their men messing up and they did that okay. They are our regular oil provider; we switched to them about 15 years ago. We’re sold on them. They’re local and I like to support local businesses.

Description of Work
We had two oil tanks removed and replaced with a new one by Surner Heating. They also provide us with our oil.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, heating oil companies

06/17/2012

Elizabeth H.

Another company had quoted us $900 which seemed very overpriced. We called Surner and they were incredibly helpful. They gave us a fair price for both part and labor over the phone. (Ended up being just over $400--less than half the price of the other company.) All of the staff we communicated with were friendly and professional. We'd definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced a broken motor on our HVAC unit.

02/24/2012

Robert R W.

They always do a great job. They are very reliable.

Description of Work
They came out to perform a general service on our air conditioning unit.

02/10/2012

Margaret R. R.

Very thorough check of system and now working well.

Description of Work
Checked heat pump for low heat at times.

Wilson Services, Inc.

Since 1989, Wilson Services, Inc. has provided the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts with quality work at competitive prices. Our primary focus is on premium heating and cooling systems, both on installation, upgrading, and servicing the equipment that heats and cools your home and place of business. Wilson’s Services is dedicated to providing Hampshire County homeowners with the best heating and cooling systems, that are both energy efficient and affordable.

Still Services LLC

Still Services is a full service residential plumbing and heating contractor. We specialize in repairs and service for all of your needs - anything from a leaky faucet replacement to installing a new water heater. On the HVAC side, we can handle anything from annual service/repairs to boiler repair and replacement. Our master plumbing liccense is #16196. Let us know how we can help you!

State Plumbing and Heating

Our locally-owned company was established in 2016 with 14 years of experience in this trade. We deliver customer friendly and professional service. State Plumbing and Heating serves Hampden County from smallest to a bigger plumbing and heating jobs.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Oil delivery, fuel program, heating & A/C system.