Safe Responsible Movers

Founded 2008 • With Angi since April 2012

24 Denby Rd

Allston, MA 02134

We are licensed and insured moving professionals dedicated to making your move a hassle-free success. We take pride in offering prompt, reliable, and efficient moving service to all our customers, from a student moving from between dorms to a family upgrading from a 3-bedroom house to a 5-bed. We'll do everything we can to ensure your move is done quickly and competently -and, of course, safely and responsibly -- it's in the name, after all. We provide fully equipped 16ft and 24ft trucks. Need a piano moved? We are equipped with the equipment, manpower and experience to handle uprights, spinets and baby grand pianos. Hoisting services available as well as loading/unloading of your truck or POD. We can acquire parking permits for your move at a reasonable cost. Safe Responsible Movers is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (license #31608). Safe Responsible Movers carries workman's compensation, general liability, cargo, and commercial auto insurance....

08/21/2020

Richard H.

I've hired Safe Responsible Movers multiple times and referred them many times. They do the job right, on budget, and are, well... responsible movers! Also, a great crew - positive, upbeat, and respectful. It says a lot about a company when their employees are that way. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Moved home, and office on two seperate occasions

06/26/2019

Renee D.

These guys are fantastic. I had 35 years worth of stuff and they packed that truck so fast like their lives depended on it. Also, just bought a new couch set before I was informed I had to move. Couldn't get up the stairs to new place. They hoisted it up over my back deck after care assessment and finally got it in. Their price was ridiculously low. I high recommend these guys. They don't mess around!!

Description of Work
Moving to new address

08/18/2017

Brent O.

I've already recommended these guys and will do so again. They got the permits up on both ends of the job, showed up on time, with 5 movers to do the job, wrapped all the furniture, and moved rapidly to get the move-out and in done in about 5 hours. They didn't stop - no complaining about stairs (there were many) or weighty items. And the whole thing cost less than we'd estimated.

Description of Work
Move 3 bedroom in town from South End to South Boston (we had packed everything and already moved artwork and lamps but they wrapped furniture and hauled boxes)

04/13/2017

Nina R.

I would definitely recommend Safe Responsible Movers to others. They were very responsive to all of my questions leading up to the move, and when it came time to do the moving, they were fast and efficient. We didn't have a ton of stuff to be moved so it only took them about 2 hours. There were 3 men helping with the move, but one of the showed up about 15-20 minutes late. However, because of his tardiness they only started charging us when the third mover arrived even though the first 2 began to work. They came with their own very large truck. Nothing was broken, they wrapped all breakable items for safe keeping, and they were very friendly.

Description of Work
We moved from a 3 bedroom apartment in Jamaica Plain to another 3 bedroom apartment in Jamaica Plain.

09/19/2016

Daniel K.

Moved us from Medford to Millis and were fantastic. On-time, very careful with our possessions, super fast, and were under their estimate. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Moved in Boston area.

04/27/2016

George T.

01/17/2016

Michael O.

This is a Company aptly named. They are professional in all respects. Because I had an especially large desk to go up a set of stairs, the owner, Chris, showed up to be the third team member to direct that part of the operation. It was his day off. Not only do they provide a valuable service, but they do their work efficiently and at a reasonable price. The formula they use is easy to figure out; the cost was exactly as quoted. I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Thanks guys, Mike ?

Description of Work
Moved furniture and shop equivalent to two separate locations.

01/04/2016

Seth K.

Went very well. No complaints.

Description of Work
Moved from one house to another.

09/30/2015

PAUL J.

They seemed very good at packing the very different items in Medford. I had the feeling we were dealing with very intelligent movers. They packed the truck very well, with care about which items were fragile and which were not. After packing the truck, they took a short coffee break and then drove to Acton, where they brought the items up a freight elevator and loaded them into two storage rooms, keeping furniture mainly in one storage room and boxes requiring access later in the second room. When computing the bill they took out the time for their coffee break. I thought their bill was so modest and their work so good that I added a $64 tip to my check, so I ended up paying them $700.

Description of Work
They moved household numerous items from a second-floor apartment in Medford to a storage facility in Acton. They took the household items down a difficult winding stairway, loaded their truck, drove to Acton and placed the items in two storage rooms in Acton.

03/14/2014

Alex P.

Firstly, let me say that communication was excellent! Chris provided outstanding customer service from day one sending out a quote within 24hrs of first contact, answering our questions promptly and confirming moving time a week ahead. As far as moving day, the crew that showed up consisted of 3 men (who could have been mistaken for a group of friends on a college campus) and a 16ft truck with no marking. They showed up pretty much on time and got to work right away. At first glance and like other reviewers on this site I was a bit concerned about their ability to move the large/heavy items but that quickly dissipated. The move was rather straight forward coming from a main floor condo to an elevator building but the amount of furniture included all that could be expected from a well furnished two bedroom. This crew was incredibly efficient in both moving and packing our apartment into the truck and unpacking in a flash during a particularly warm summer day. It took well under our estimated 5 hours to get completed (just under 4 hours) including 20 minute travel between locations and the hassle of having to move batches of furniture up the elevator. I don't think they ever took a break to catch their breaths apart from the short ride from one apartment to the other. I typically look for several qualities in a moving team: attention and care for our furniture and belongings, efficiency, integrity and politeness. The crew far exceeded my expectation on all four points! Not only did they ensure that all pieces of furniture were wrapped and transported safely without any bumps or bruises but they did so very quickly and with a great personality. All in all SRM provided the best possible value for our move at a cost that was about 1/4th of their competitors with fancy trucks and uniforms. One particular thing that I noticed was the fact that although this was their only job that day they made every effort possible to be quick and efficient therefore saving me money in the end and yielding both lunch and tips for the crew. This is exactly the type of company that you want to do business with. I look forward to using these guys again next month!

Description of Work
We contacted Chris Amaral at Safe Responsible Movers to move a two bedroom apartment filled with boxes and furniture.

02/07/2014

Dan W.

11/04/2013

Matthew F.

I admit it, when first meeting the crew (Cody, Mike, and Dave?) I judged a book by it's cover and wound up being totally and completely wrong. I was expecting something different; their own truck and uniforms. What we got was a direct 180 from that, but nevertheless, these guys know exactly what they're doing and are very hard workers. Don't let their appearance fool you like it did me. These guys had what I thought would be a herculean task of getting a very large and very heavy dresser and headboard up a tight turn at the bottom of a flight of stairs. They succeeded in these tasks and managed to make it look somewhat easy. They are excellent troubleshooters and problem solvers and seem to really care that the items they're moving don't get damaged. We had hardly a nick on the walls or furniture itself. They're also good people persons...they know how to talk to crazy, stressed out people like my wife and myself and reassure us that the job will get done. And the job did get done in an unexpectedly short amount of time (5 hours). They did show up a half hour late, but it wound up being to our advantage, and I am not going to ding them on it because of the fantastic job they did overall. They even took the time to disassemble and reassemble our brute of a bed frame exactly where we wanted it and never complained about any of the work they were doing. If you have a stressful move, and are not unreasonable people, these guys are the folks to call. I've had issues with moving companies in the past, even ones with uniformed burly men with their own logo-painted truck, but they can't hold a candle to Safe Responsible Movers. Nice work guys and thank you!

Description of Work
Moved mostly furniture from our single story 1500 sq ft house to a 2-story 2400 sq ft house.

08/26/2013

thomas B.

These guys moved our massive apartment into our new house in 4 hours and 15 minutes. Totally professional, extremely careful and super nice guys to boot. Use them, they are awesome. I would never use another moving company again. Great experience. They were willing to help in every way possible.

Description of Work
Moved from apartment to house.

07/03/2013

Elizabeth H.

They were wonderful from contact to end of service. I had contacted them weeks earlier to check availibilty and get pricing. They were hands down cheaper then any other estimate, and they had wonderful reviews on Yelp. I booked them for the day before we closed on our house. They exaclty on time, and did a wonderful job with our many boxes, and moving our washer and dryer that was a VERY tight squeeze. They managed to fit everything in their truck as well as into the 10x20 storage unit without any problems. I'm still in awe of what a wonderful job they did. They are professional, nice, and did everything in their power to make sure we were happy. We loved them so much, we are hiring them again to move us from our storage unit to our new home.

Description of Work
Moved our 3 bedroom home into storage.

06/10/2013

Megan E.

These guys worked incredibly hard and did a great job -- including navigating a piano down a couple flights of stairs!

Description of Work
move my fiance and I from both of our apartments to our new (combined) apartment.

04/17/2013

Valerie G.

This was our first time hiring professional movers, but this experience was a very positive one. We will call them again next time we move and highly recommend their services to others. I communicated with Chris via phone and email. It took a few days for him to get back to me from my initial contact, but it was worth the wait. Chris was incredibly accommodating and answered all of my questions patiently and thoroughly. There were no surprises and all that was promised was delivered. Dan, Mike, and Cody helped us with the move and we could not have been more pleased. They were professional, punctual (actually, they were early), extremely hard-working, careful, and thoughtful. We had the boxes color-coded by room and had parking spaces reserved in front of the house. Although I recommend that anyone moving should do those things, I could tell that these three guys would have been patient and helpful even if we hadn't had the time to do that. Great to work with them. Additionally, they helped us keep track of everything (including the bike in the back yard) and thought to take care of small details. One example of this is, as they were leaving, they asked if we'd like for them to remove the parking permit signs we'd placed for the moving truck. This shows how observant they are and how they're willing to take the extra step to help.

Description of Work
Safe Responsible Movers moved us from a one-bedroom, 3rd floor walk-up apartment to a two-bedroom 3rd floor walk-up apartment.

01/30/2013

Philippa Q.

The movers were very punctual, arrived and got right to work. They took a lot of care moving us out, dissembling some furniture, carefully wrapping some pieces. The move out took longer because of this but the move into the new place was extremely fast. The movers were exceedingly polite and careful. Not a scratch was made to any furniture nor was a single glass chipped. The moving estimate was accurate and the rates certainly seemed very competitive compared with other movers I called and got estimates from. We are moving again in a couple of months (we are currently in a rental while we buy a new place) and we've already booked with Safe Responsible to move us again.

Description of Work
We hired Safe Responsible to move us from a 2 bedroom condo (2nd floor with elevator) to a 2 bedroom rental (2nd floor walk up).

Flash Moving & Storage

Flash Moving Company offers commercial, residential, local, and long-distance moving services. As well as packing, POD loading/unloading, inside move and storage services. No unexpected surprises or extra charges. Only high-quality moving and custom service.

South Shore Movers

South Shore Movers has what it takes to get the job done right! We have worked a lifetime in the service industry before choosing to specialize in the residential moving industry! With over 7 years of experience, our network has allowed us to work on countless residential moves, and most importantly, satisfy our customers. Whether it be the south shore, the north shore or the Boston Metropolitan area, at South Shore Movers, we have you covered!! Our greatest joy is welcoming new families to the bay state and helping traveling citizens to relocate to their dream homes both seamlessly and painlessly. We understand that moving is a stressful situation for people not in our industry so we make it our mission to take the stress out of it!

Mini Moves And More Inc

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce Mini Moves and More, Inc. We are a full service moving company that offers a wide range of services from in-home furniture re-arranging to large home re-locations. Our crews are well-trained in how to wrap furniture, pack boxes, move furniture, load trucks, load storage units and, most importantly, how to conduct themselves in a professional manner. We are a family run business that has been servicing the Greater Boston area since 2003.

Full Service Moves Furniture Delivery Packing Unpacking Loading Storage Containers Unloading Services In-House Moves Piano Moves

Grand Piano Moving Craning