Spindle Mattress

Founded 2013 • With Angi since February 2013

10 Craig Rd

Acton, MA 01720

Manufacturer and seller of natural latex mattresses...

10/17/2016

Therese N.

beyond my expectations

Description of Work
new mattress

02/08/2016

CATHY C.

We started our search for a mattress at sleep number and at Jordan's. We tried out air mattresses, innerspring, tempurpedic and latex mattresses. We left Jordan's really liking the Pranasleep Vinyasa plush, but not liking the $5200 price. I was determined to find a more reasonable option. I found the website Mattress underground and learned about Spindle Mattress in Acton. We visited the Spindle Mattress and they have their bed available to try in 4 firmness: soft, medium, firm and extra firm. It was very low key and low pressure. What is nice about the mattress is that you see exactly what is in the mattress - 3 layers of 3" latex zipped into a mattress cover. My husband and I are both side sleepers and wanted a soft feel, but with support. I mentioned to Kim that I really liked the plushness/pillow top of the viyana plush bed and he suggested that we try the firm mattress with a medium mattress topper. He set up that option for us and we really liked it. The topper feels very soft and provided the "plushness" I was looking for. We put our order in and a few days later we picked it up. They do FEDEX delivery, but we picked it up ourselves. You receive the mattress and put it together yourself. It was a 2 person job, but did not take us long. We had been warned that you initially will think the latex doesn't fit in the mattress cover, but it does. Look at the spindle site or on you tube as there are helpful hints on how to adjust the latex so it lines up. We zipped up the cover and placed the mattress topper on top. We have been very happy and the entire experience was very pleasant. I feel we got a better product for much less @ $1900 (king and topper). Note: If after buying the mattress you feel the mattress is too hard/soft - Spindle will work with you to change a layer of latex to help you adjust your mattress.

Description of Work
We bought a King Size Firm Latex mattress with a Medium latex topper and organic cover.

10/30/2014

Diane D.

Neal is very knowledgeable and helpful and provided us with a lot of information about the mattress he sells. We were just beginning to test out mattresses but think we will be buying our mattress from Spindle. The price is excellent for the product and it's feels good to be supporting a small local business.

Description of Work
We are looking for a latex mattress and visited the showroom to test out the Abscond mattress.

11/24/2013

Shelley G.

Spindle Mattress is primarily an Internet business and sells high quality latex mattress on their website. They do maintain a small walk-in showroom in Acton, MA with their product available for testing. We went their to test out the latex mattresses and decide on what firmness we desired. He an extremely knowledgable guy and terrific to deal with (no silly high pressure sales tactics). Neal Van Patten is the owner and has over 20 years in the mattress business.. and his family has been in the business for over 50 years. Neal will even let you change out the latex mattress layer within 30 days if you come to the conclusion that it's either too soft or too firm. All in all, my experience with Spindle Mattress (and Neal) was terrific and I would rate it as an A+++. Great knowledge, great product and terrific customer service. We have previously owned a latex mattress, liked the way is feels and knew that we wanted another one. We were looking for a high quality product at the terrific price (much, much lower than similar products at retailers of even over the Internet) - In my opinion that's exactly what Spindle offers (great value.. for the dollar) . Highly recommended.

Description of Work
First of all, let me say that I had never heard of Spindle Mattress before I found them on a Google search over the Internet. I didn't have specific plans to purchase my Latex mattress over the Internet. After calling and speaking we Neal Van Patten over the phone, I decided we should at least check out his showroom. We purchased a build-you own King latex mattress with cover at the showroom in Acton, MA. We took the mattress with us and found out quickly that he had given us queen size latex pads by mistake. When we called him and mentioned the error, he offered to drive to our house that evening to fix the problem that same day. How's that for customer service.

Mattresses