Mortland Overhead Door

Founded 1980 • With Angi since April 2005

1080 Bedford St Suite 2

Abington, MA 02351

Owned and operated by Dan Mortland, Mortland Overhead Door has been serving customers, like yourself, for over 35 years. It is our pleasure to help make your decision less stressful. What began as a two man operation in 1980 has expanded into the great corporation it is today. Dan Mortland and his employees offer quality work and friendly service. All our employees are highly trained and have years of experience....

08/23/2018

Ethel N.

Adam was excellent. He was on time, so I was able to meet him at the house and get back to my office in no time flat. He was knowledgable about the system. He serviced the doors thoroughly, reprogrammed both keys, so I could use both doors. I was only using one for a long time. The doors don't creak anymore. Works like a dream. Fast friendly service. Adam also gave me good advice about another gadget in the house. I will definitely call them again next year.

Description of Work
Service the two Lift Master Garage doors, reprogram the remotes, replace the bulb

03/20/2017

Susan L.

Repairs were made without any problems. The garage door is running a lot smoother now.

Description of Work
Wheels on left side of garage door came of their track.

12/15/2015

Gerald N.

Arrived on time and went right to work. Removed all old door and opener parts-left no trash behind. Door exactly as ordered. Gave explanation of how everything worked. Was gone by early afternoon. Color of door is great.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door and installed new garage door opener (Door was over 40 years old)

Category garage doors

Thank you for your positive review.

11/24/2015

Samantha C.

Service went extremely well. Greg arrived within the 2 hour window of 9-11am, rang bell, introduced himself, I open one door, he examined quickly, offer solution and advice, repaired and left detailed receipt. He also provide a residential in catalog as I mention possibly changing the doors in 2016. Excellent service.

Description of Work
2 door garage repair. Cables and spring for one and cable for second. Oiled as well

03/13/2015

Kevin G.

Called them, they came out the next day (friday) to give me a quote. Did the installation on a tuesday morning. We are very please with every aspect of our experience with Mortland overhead door. I will call them again when/if needed. Highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed Two garage door openers, sensors and wall buttons.

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for your review. We enjoyed doing business with you and appreciate it.

09/05/2014

Michael F.

Fantastic! We had a competitor come out the day before who handed my wife a glossy brochure containing brand new doors when we had told them we were only looking for a repair. After looking at the door he pronounced it and quot;unfixableand quot; as it would take hours and hundreds of dollars! Later that day we received a quote for a new door - $2000! Mortland did not bay an eyelid or even try to sell me a new door. They showed up exactly on time and had the door fixed in about an hour. Amazing! I cannot recommend these guys highly enough.

Description of Work
Garage door came completely off the rails and was basically a complete mess. The technician put the door back on the rails, replaced some wheels and reset the springs.

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your business and are happy for your great experience with us. We always try our best.

07/26/2014

Michelle H.

I have never used this company before, and I will definitely recommend them and use them in the future. Greg was on time, highly professional, and extremely pleasant to deal with. He took his time checking out my door, finding the problem and fixing it. He was thorough, and very meticulous. I was very impressed with Greg's work, professionalism and great attitude. His price was very reasonable, I expected the cost to be much higher than it was. Great job, you won't be disappointed with this company! Thanks Greg!

Description of Work
My garage door was so squeaky and loud it was unbearable. Greg thoroughly checked out the door and was able to diagnose the problem. He fixed the issue, and my door is quiet, operates smoothly and stops on a dime!

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and your business!

06/16/2014

Brenda H.

Dan was great to work with! We needed an estimate for 2 garage doors that needed to be fixed. Due to circumstances, we needed to get the estimate very quickly. Dan offered to come out the same day. He wrote up the estimate, which was very fair. We were hoping to have the doors repaired the following business day and he was able to accommodate us! He very accommodating and they did great work! We will definitely refer them and use them again when needed!

Description of Work
Both garage doors were not operating. Both doors were repaired and safety equipment which was missing was replaced.

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for the review. We appreciate your business and are glad you are happy with everything.

03/04/2014

Richard M.

The serviceman, Greg, was prompt, very knowledgeable and professional. He spent a lot of time thoroughly servicing all three of our garage doors and they have worked very well since his visit. The cost was very reasonable and he never tried to sell us new openers even though ours are approaching a normal life of a Liftmaster. Would highly recommend this company as well as this particular technician.

Description of Work
Serviced all three of our garage doors

Category garage doors

Thank you very much for your business! We really appreciate it.

02/10/2014

Ellen B.

I was not at home when the garage door was installed, but I know the result and it worked just fine. I was satisfied with the job. They were professional, they were prompt. They got in done in a reasonable amount of time. They charged just what they said they were going to.

Description of Work
Mortland Overhead Door came out and installed our garage door.

Category garage doors

Garage doors & electric openers.