Floorworks and Blinds

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2008

3.6

1860 Shortcut Rd.

Slidell, LA 70458

flooring and blinds sales and installation

02/15/2017

Jodie C.

Originally I went to the floorworks shop and spoke to Paul. Paul spoke highly of his work. Even though I had reservations he ensured me that I had nothing to worry about and the job would exceed my expectations. He stated that the job would take no more than 3 weeks. On day 1 his worker was suppose to be at my house for 9 and did not show up until 11 with his wife who was not employed by floorworks. Everyday after that he continued to be late and his work was less than impressive. He had to fix his mess ups daily. After about a month of this I contacted Paul who was more than rude over text because he does not believe in talking on the phone. He blamed all the problems on me. After constant texts and the job lasting over 3 months because he kept pulling his worker off my job to start others I finally got him to come over and assess the job. He attempted to fix my niche in my shower which was done and redone because it looked absolutley horrible. Once Paul fixed my niche it was worse than before. I was finally fed up and just paid him because obviously his work did not reflect his words at the shop. I would definatley not recommend anyone to use this company. Very unprofessional and the work is not worth the amount I paid for the job

Description of Work
I had a bathroom remodel, tile on the floor and a tiled shower.

10/21/2015

Margaret S.

Description of Work
Used them in 2009. They were recommended by my builder as a friend of his. This is a small mom and pop shop.The wife kept revising the estimates. This was a new construction. I went over to the house on Satuday to do some work and I was suprized by the workers already laying my master bath tile floor. Had I been there earlier there were some tiles I would have rejected. They are now part of the bathroom floor. Also I contracted for a groutless tile job. I paid extra for it. After the tile was laid the gaps were so noticeable that grout had to be applied. I asked for the groutless fee back. FW&B said no. |Upstairs I had a tile wall around a porcelain tub. Some of the tiles were dropped in the tub and chipped the tub. I had to have that repaired at my own expense. Also some of the wall tiles were uneven. I called them back twice for uneven wall tiles. It has been 6 years since construction of our house. Our Master Bath shower (also done by Floorworks and Blinds)has a cracked floor. One tile next to the drain that was trimmed down is cracked in half. |The materials are quality the install is awful. |They get a D on punctuality for not telling me they were laying my master bath floor without me being on property to meet them before the install of that floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

08/19/2014

Donna A.

Description of Work
The owner came out and measured right away and we discussed options of flooring. His price on wood flooring was excellent.I thought the porcelain tile I picked was high but I am sure he will accommodate me with a lower priced selection.His whole staff is very nice and easy to work with.His overall selection of products was great. I am sure anyone could find what they are looking for.

02/29/2012

Nancy A.

They were excellent and are reasonably priced. My overall experience with them has been good.

Description of Work
We had our floors redone by Floorworks and Blinds.

12/02/2008

Vedran K.

They helped me choose and then installed tile on the kitchen floor and backsplash. The sales staff was very attentive and helped me pick out everything I needed. They informed me that going with a natural stone - travertine- on my backsplash was cost effective and would give me an elegant look. They were right! I chose larger tiles on the floor as I didn't want many grout lines. I was very pleased with the workers who came to install the flooring. They showed up on time and were very helpful with any questions I had. I would definitely recommend this place not only for the customer service, but also the price. They were much cheaper than other local stores. The installed price quote includes grout and thin-set, it was STILL cheaper than others. I am very pleased with my experience!

Description of Work
Kitchen backsplash, travertine 4" x 4" squares. With a decorative tile insert. It is beautiful! Twenty x twenty porcelain tile on the floor. They helped choose the grout color. Scheduled the installers -who were on time. The entire job took only 3 days! I was amazed at the attention they payed to detail. Will recommend to friends - or anyone!

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Blinds Install Nola

Call us today for all your window treatment needs!

The Labat Wood Shop

My name is Pete, and I'm the owner of The Labat Wood Shop. I specialize in building custom furniture like bars, beds and dining room tables from exotic hardwoods. I also build small crafts like cutting boards, coasters, keepsake boxes and serving trays. I've been building since 2014 so I'm very comfortable with hand and power tools, and I have a fully functioning wood shop with professional grade machinery. I can do handyman work, furniture assembly, furniture building, and even custom design. So if you have a project in mind, I hope you consider The Labat Wood Shop.

Award 2022
    B&A quality flooring

Check, MasterCard, Visa, Financing Available

Ceramic tile, flooring sales, installation & window treatments.